Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2010, 13:47   #2461
BHPian
 
Zenster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sydney
Posts: 333
Thanked: 91 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,



The peak torque is where you get the best fuel efficiency.



Isn't it time now to leave the sales person in peace and get into a better relationship with your service advisor?
Thanks Trrk, for clarifying. However, if Peak Torque = Best Fuel Efficiency, then please clear our doubts on where ont he Revv Range would one find the best Acceleration? I know that hard acceleration will mean lower FE, but then how would one read and use numbers like 96Nm @2500rpm?

Well Yeah, I have started to feel that too. I was after the Sales manager because there was a weeks delay from the Promised day of delivery and then the very next day these issues started. But Yeah i agree on getting this discussed with the Service Team.
Zenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2010, 15:51   #2462
BHPian
 
devansn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Covai/Kottayam
Posts: 189
Thanked: 99 Times
Default

When does the dealer give you a date of delivery? My SA told me that the order has been placed and it will approximately take 15-20 days from then. ie. 13th + 15 days = end of the month approx. He did not give me a date as such.
devansn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2010, 16:22   #2463
BHPian
 
Newpunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 640
Thanked: 40 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by devansn View Post
When does the dealer give you a date of delivery? My SA told me that the order has been placed and it will approximately take 15-20 days from then. ie. 13th + 15 days = end of the month approx. He did not give me a date as such.
I had the same issue when i ordered my car. The dealer didn't have a Hip Hop Black Emotion, so he placed an order and i got the car in 15 days. He cannot give an exact date but you can get updates of whether the car has been dispatched from Fiat or not. I think you should get it within the time frame that he has promised.
Newpunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2010, 17:59   #2464
BHPian
 
samsan02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 404
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Just curious?

Punto gets 15'' on E pk and 14" on rest of them. Do manufacturers calibrate OEM ODO settings differently for different sized tyres on different variants or is it too much detail to expect for. But still i guess they must have a 14" or 15" as a baseline for the ODO right.
samsan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2010, 18:22   #2465
BHPian
 
vigneshram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: chennai
Posts: 347
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

no the overall tyre dia of all the variants are almost the same.
vigneshram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2010, 19:17   #2466
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenster View Post
Your Punto with those alloys looks great! I showed those pics to my wifey and got her convinced to get me Alloy Wheels soon
Thanks, man! I got them from a place called Shivshakti Tyres on JC Road. That shop is bang opposite the huge parking place on JC Road. There will be a big sign outside stating that he's an authorised dealer for Pirelli Tyres. I saw oodles of alloys in his shop and I thought, if this guy knows about tyres, he ought to know about alloys too. And it turned out ok. When I asked about 98 PCD, his guy asked if I had a Fiat Punto, and did I want 14" or 15"! .
Stolichnaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2010, 19:43   #2467
BHPian
 
better4worse's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 302
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

I just bought the FIAT genuine stereo antenna for my ACTIVE. I got it for 600 INR, can anyone confirm if the price is correct for this item ?
better4worse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2010, 20:16   #2468
BHPian
 
Newpunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 640
Thanked: 40 Times
Default

I had ordered a Tyvek cover about a week before i bought my car and its been nearly 2 months but haven't got the cover yet. During the weekend, the neighbours were painting their house and my car was parked just beside their house, so i took it out and later parked it when they were done. Unfortunately, due to overnight rain, the paint which was still lose fell on my car. Now, i have pink spots all over my car :( . I think i need to take it for a good wash soon.
Newpunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2010, 20:24   #2469
BHPian
 
devansn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Covai/Kottayam
Posts: 189
Thanked: 99 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
I had the same issue when i ordered my car. The dealer didn't have a Hip Hop Black Emotion, so he placed an order and i got the car in 15 days. He cannot give an exact date but you can get updates of whether the car has been dispatched from Fiat or not. I think you should get it within the time frame that he has promised.
Thanks!

That was quicker than I expected! Got a call from my SA saying that my car will reach tomorrow or day after! Booking date was 12th. Then I got the VIN from him and everything is clear now - VIN number ends with FNZ and the VIN number thread suggests that it was manufactured last month. I hope a month old one is ok, right? Provided there is no rusted parts?
devansn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2010, 20:42   #2470
Senior - BHPian
 
Amartya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Evanston
Posts: 1,676
Thanked: 275 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by better4worse View Post
I just bought the FIAT genuine stereo antenna for my ACTIVE. I got it for 600 INR, can anyone confirm if the price is correct for this item ?
The price on an antenna from an accessories shop is significantly less, but from the genuine parts list, this is fine. I recall a price of 510 or nearabouts, but that might have been without tax.
Amartya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2010, 21:06   #2471
BHPian
 
Newpunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 640
Thanked: 40 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by devansn View Post
Thanks!

That was quicker than I expected! Got a call from my SA saying that my car will reach tomorrow or day after! Booking date was 12th. Then I got the VIN from him and everything is clear now - VIN number ends with FNZ and the VIN number thread suggests that it was manufactured last month. I hope a month old one is ok, right? Provided there is no rusted parts?
June is quite Ok. I got a May manufactured car delivered on 7th June, although my registration shows it as March, which is a different story completely .
Newpunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2010, 21:31   #2472
BHPian
 
arun687's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 45
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Took my 1.2 Emotion for a longish drive yesterday. Navi Mumbai-Mumbra-Kalyan-Malshej Ghat and back, a total of 246 kms. It was simply awesome. It was a pleasure to drive, the route is absolutely scenic. After Kalyan, the traffic is kinda less and a joy to maneuver the car around the corners of the ghat. People in Mumbai and Pune should visit this place if you've not already, before the monsoons get over. It makes for a fantastic drive and a great location to visit, nature's beauty at it's best.

The trip meter was reset before start, and after the trip it showed an average FE of 14.4 kmpl, with AC.

The car has done 1256 kms on the odo now and really doing well so far. No issues except for a slight pulling to the left when the steering is left unattended for a few seconds, seems to be the alignment, planning to get this rectified in the first service.


Quote:
Originally Posted by devansn View Post
Thanks!

That was quicker than I expected! Got a call from my SA saying that my car will reach tomorrow or day after! Booking date was 12th. Then I got the VIN from him and everything is clear now - VIN number ends with FNZ and the VIN number thread suggests that it was manufactured last month. I hope a month old one is ok, right? Provided there is no rusted parts?
June manufactured model and it's absolutely perfect. Congrats.
Just make sure you do a thorough PDI and then enjoy your car.
arun687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2010, 09:26   #2473
BHPian
 
devansn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Covai/Kottayam
Posts: 189
Thanked: 99 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun687 View Post
The trip meter was reset before start, and after the trip it showed an average FE of 14.4 kmpl, with AC.

June manufactured model and it's absolutely perfect. Congrats.
Just make sure you do a thorough PDI and then enjoy your car.
Thats a decent FE for the kind of route you drove on...
Thanks - I already have a printout of the check list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
June is quite Ok. I got a May manufactured car delivered on 7th June, although my registration shows it as March, which is a different story completely .
Well, that story should be interesting! The dealer goofed up or what?
devansn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2010, 10:30   #2474
BHPian
 
Newpunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 640
Thanked: 40 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun687 View Post
The car has done 1256 kms on the odo now and really doing well so far. No issues except for a slight pulling to the left when the steering is left unattended for a few seconds, seems to be the alignment, planning to get this rectified in the first service.
Seems like most of the Puntos have this problem. After reading about this many times, I tried leaving the steering unattended for a few seconds and the car indeed was pulling just a little to the left. I hope it's just something to do with the air pressure.
Newpunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2010, 10:32   #2475
BHPian
 
Newpunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 640
Thanked: 40 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by devansn View Post
Well, that story should be interesting! The dealer goofed up or what?
Unfortunately, it was the RTO that goofed up. Instead of typing May, they typed Mar . When i asked for correction, they said since its a small problem and since its a smart card, they wouldn't do it, so i left it at that.
Newpunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fiat Abarth Punto - Test Drive & Review nkrishnap Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 228 18th May 2017 23:05
2014 Fiat Punto Evo - Test Drive & Review nkrishnap Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 95 5th May 2016 15:07
Grande Punto Facelift: From baby Maserati to Punto Evo EDIT: Punto 'My Life' on pg.7 sushanthr77 The International Automotive Scene 167 25th November 2011 12:02
Fiat Grande Punto and the new Fiat Sedan; Tata-Fiat JV jkdas The Indian Car Scene 37 4th March 2009 17:01


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:28.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks