Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2010, 18:26   #2686
Senior - BHPian
 
headers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Greater Chennai
Posts: 4,534
Thanked: 418 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
What? Does that mean I have to pay nearly 6.5 - 7k to get an additional remote?

My Remote is having some problems and that's the reason why I wanted to know whether an additional remote will be available or not.Anyway, let me go to the authorized service center to know whether they will replace my remote under warranty or not!

Keeping my fingers crossed.And yes,Thanks a lot for the quick reply Headers.

Amith
Amith, If I were you, I will go to the highest official possible with the service center. These morons take us users for nutters.

Infact, I wrote to FIAT India, only to be directed back to the service centre who again told me the same story!!

You should get a Warranty Replacement. Their usual story line will be ...sir it has to come from Italy specifically programmed for your car etc etc..

Please be prepared to wait for 6 to 8 weeks!!
headers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2010, 20:43   #2687
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Panchkula
Posts: 249
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

1% of the car? You mean it costs around 1% of a Punto or do you really mean they charge 1% of the car?

This means the same remote costs less for Emotion than Emotion Pack for this reason.
I think the charges should be fixed, be it 5k or 6k or anything rather than being 1%.
PaddleShifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2010, 22:13   #2688
Team-BHP Support
 
.anshuman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Good-Gaon
Posts: 7,558
Thanked: 8,046 Times
Default

^^ My car's key was replaced under(obviously they wasted loads of my time and energy before approving), the key took ages to arrive. Yes it costs more than 6k.
.anshuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2010, 09:11   #2689
Senior - BHPian
 
extreme_torque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 3,439
Thanked: 1,069 Times
Default

My friend's brand new Punto 90 HP has a non working power window lock switch (the on the driver side which lock all the power windows), misaligned front left headlight and its pulling towards left while driving. This is just not acceptable on a brand new car, especially one that costs 7.5 lakhs OTR Delhi.
extreme_torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2010, 09:15   #2690
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Purnea(Bihar)
Posts: 4,707
Thanked: 3,932 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
My friend's brand new Punto 90 HP has a non working power window lock switch (the on the driver side which lock all the power windows), misaligned front left headlight and its pulling towards left while driving. This is just not acceptable on a brand new car, especially one that costs 7.5 lakhs OTR Delhi.
Not a very heartening news for someone who is eagerly looking for a purchase in a couple of months.

Edit--Am more worried about 'pulling towards left' syndrome, how does this happen in a brand new Car?

Can a dealer correct it or....(I am seriously worried now)

Last edited by Sheel : 1st September 2010 at 09:20.
Sheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2010, 09:49   #2691
Senior - BHPian
 
Amartya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Evanston
Posts: 1,659
Thanked: 224 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
My friend's brand new Punto 90 HP has a non working power window lock switch (the on the driver side which lock all the power windows), misaligned front left headlight and its pulling towards left while driving. This is just not acceptable on a brand new car, especially one that costs 7.5 lakhs OTR Delhi.
Not good at all. This should have been caught during PDI at the dealer end.
Luckily, none of the problems are major (the left pull if severe is serious of course) and he would be able to get them fixed during first service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Not a very heartening news for someone who is eagerly looking for a purchase in a couple of months.

Edit--Am more worried about 'pulling towards left' syndrome, how does this happen in a brand new Car?

Can a dealer correct it or....(I am seriously worried now)
Pulling left is not a design flaw of the Punto, though there are a few reports here, it's usually just a wheel alignment issue.
Amartya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2010, 11:10   #2692
Senior - BHPian
 
extreme_torque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 3,439
Thanked: 1,069 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
Not good at all. This should have been caught during PDI at the dealer end.
Luckily, none of the problems are major (the left pull if severe is serious of course) and he would be able to get them fixed during first service..
I have advised him to go to the dealer right away and get it rectified. The pulling to left isnt very serious but I havent driven the car myself to judge that. I specifically asked him if he felt a tug at the steering wheel to know if its alignment related or steering alignment.
He also had his wheels upgraded to 205/50 R15, I wonder if that has exacerbated the issue but then he said that the issue was there even before the upgrade but I am still not sure.
Any pointers guys????
extreme_torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2010, 11:31   #2693
Senior - BHPian
 
Amartya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Evanston
Posts: 1,659
Thanked: 224 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
I have advised him to go to the dealer right away and get it rectified. The pulling to left isnt very serious but I havent driven the car myself to judge that. I specifically asked him if he felt a tug at the steering wheel to know if its alignment related or steering alignment.
He also had his wheels upgraded to 205/50 R15, I wonder if that has exacerbated the issue but then he said that the issue was there even before the upgrade but I am still not sure.
Any pointers guys????
Well, of course I'd like to comment after you've got the chance to drive it and then shared your feedback, but as things stand I'm actually inclined to believe that the tire upgrade definitely contributed to the pull.

As you would know, after a tire change, wheel balancing and alignment is usually a must. A botched job (or a no-job) can definitely be the root cause here.

Like I said, I'd wait for your feedback before commenting further.
Amartya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2010, 12:00   #2694
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Purnea(Bihar)
Posts: 4,707
Thanked: 3,932 Times
Default

Sheel Priye--
'Heaves a sigh of relief, but would still wait for Lavkesh to comment post a drive.'
Sheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2010, 18:29   #2695
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Panchkula
Posts: 249
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
its pulling towards left while driving. This is just not acceptable on a brand new car, especially one that costs 7.5 lakhs OTR Delhi.
Recently, a bhpian(manikjeet) from Chandigarh had to go through a lot because of this issue.
One of the most important thing to do at the time of PDI is a test drive. Dents, scratches can be rectified but a drag/pulling problem may be due to a serious fault in the car's mechanical components which rarely gets rectified.
I've seen some M800 owner back in 2000, visiting MASS repeatedly and trying to get his M800 drag corrected. In the end, he stopped visiting MASS.
PaddleShifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2010, 20:25   #2696
BHPian
 
manishk83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 69
Thanked: 21 Times
Unhappy

Fiat's latest numbers for Aug are out. A whooping 1824 cars sold. That inspite of practically every other carmaker reporting all-time high numbers. Fiat holding steady when everyone else is going up is essentially Fiat going down. And personally, I don't see this changing anytime soon. Fiat's target of 40k cars per annum is a distant dream and it's target of gaining mkt share through a low-cost car in 2012 quite a while away.

Why am I posting this here and not in the "Indian Car Scene"? Because I wanted to relate my experience while thinking of purchasing a Punto.

I decided I had to purchase a car in January this year. I had never heard of Punto until then. But, I decided that I might look at Indica for its VFM tag. Went to the nearest Tata showroom and one look at a blazing red Punto and everything else went out of my mind. Got busy for a while and postponed the car purchasing decision for a while. But all this time the only car that was in consideration was a Punto. Come April and decided now's the time. Called up the Fiat guys to book a test-drive. Promised one 3 days later. 3rd day and no surprises, I got no call. Called them up again. They gave some excuses and promised me a test-drive the next day. The next day, again no surprises, came & went without a test-drive. After that I called up 3 other showrooms - Powai, Jogeshwari & Mulund. 15 days later I still didn't have a test-drive. I was mighty pissed. But Punto had touched a chord somewhere deep inside and decided to hold on inspite of the response. Called up the central hotline number. They promised me a test drive 2 days later from the Nerul showroom. Nothing happened for 3 days. By now, I was past the point where I could be patient anymore. 2 days post this, I get a call from the central hotline number asking about my decision to purchase. I didn't know whether to get angry or pity the company . Decided against either, wished them "Best of Luck" and cut the call.

Compare this with my Ford & Maruti experience. One phone call and Figo & Ritz were at my doorsteps with no hurry from the sales reps to hurry up the test drive. Very-very professional.

At the end, decided against either but for varied reasons. Figo just didn't excite and if I'm putting down 6L+, there should be a feel-good factor. And with Ritz, when I stepped inside, the first thought that came was: Well, here's another Maruti. Just no excitement as one steps in.

At the end, I did manage the Punto test drive (a car with it's odo removed - by then I probably had already given up on the Punto!) but the whole experience + short 1st & 2nd gears + really dull interiors (not helped by the fact that the car that I test drove was dirty) + all the reviews about bad A.S.S. + A 6.5L price point just didn't make it worth it.

Got a used car in the end because just couldn't find a perfect car. Fiat could have been it, but sadly came out a distant last.

I know there's nothing new in my experience and countless others have faced it but with the latest nos coming in, just thought I'd share why their nos aren't rising.
manishk83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2010, 23:14   #2697
BHPian
 
Rock 'n' rollz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 277
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk83 View Post
After that I called up 3 other showrooms - Powai, Jogeshwari & Mulund.
Mulund??? which showroom is that?
Figured it out... Galaxy

Last edited by Rock 'n' rollz : 1st September 2010 at 23:16.
Rock 'n' rollz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2010, 23:44   #2698
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Purnea(Bihar)
Posts: 4,707
Thanked: 3,932 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk83 View Post
I know there's nothing new in my experience and countless others have faced it but with the latest nos coming in, just thought I'd share why their nos aren't rising.
I fully empathize,
On another note a Linea which was asked for a TD was left at the door-step for one full hour, I drove a Fiat for the first time, enough to hook me, but even I am playing my cards safe, will wait for a little while as sale & service has just started & would like to look more into it.
Sheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2010, 07:08   #2699
Senior - BHPian
 
Klub Class's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: KA17|KL65|KL41
Posts: 3,410
Thanked: 645 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Amith, If I were you, I will go to the highest official possible with the service center. These morons take us users for nutters.

Infact, I wrote to FIAT India, only to be directed back to the service centre who again told me the same story!!

You should get a Warranty Replacement. Their usual story line will be ...sir it has to come from Italy specifically programmed for your car etc etc..

Please be prepared to wait for 6 to 8 weeks!!
lol! I'm planning to do the same brother. Let me see whether I would be lucky enough to get my remote replaced under warranty.

Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
^^ My car's key was replaced under(obviously they wasted loads of my time and energy before approving), the key took ages to arrive. Yes it costs more than 6k.
If you don't mind, can you please tell me what was wrong with your Key?

Amith
Klub Class is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2010, 10:19   #2700
BHPian
 
sandeepmdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Varkala
Posts: 989
Thanked: 253 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
He also had his wheels upgraded to 205/50 R15, I wonder if that has exacerbated the issue but then he said that the issue was there...
Any pointers guys????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
but as things stand I'm actually inclined to believe that the tire upgrade definitely contributed to the pull.
Exactly. He shouldn't have upgraded the tyres without solving the issue. Looks like it's now time for another "soccer" game.
sandeepmdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2014 Fiat Punto Evo - Test Drive & Review nkrishnap Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 95 5th May 2016 15:07
Fiat Abarth Punto - Test Drive & Review nkrishnap Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 227 4th April 2016 13:49
Grande Punto Facelift: From baby Maserati to Punto Evo EDIT: Punto 'My Life' on pg.7 sushanthr77 The International Automotive Scene 167 25th November 2011 12:02
Fiat Grande Punto and the new Fiat Sedan; Tata-Fiat JV jkdas The Indian Car Scene 37 4th March 2009 17:01


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 18:20.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks