Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 27th June 2011, 18:49   #3481
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

@Palio_2005
The parking lights can be switched on in every car without the keys, even in a Nano. Otherwise you would have to leave the keys in the car when it is parked at night.

I was almost sure that it was normal. But still I find no convincing reason to have this feature.

The only reason that has come up is saving of battery. But a properly charging battery wont run out of energy unless the car is parked with the parking lights on for 4-5days. So why to provide such a pointless feature at all.

There must be some other reason for this feature.
julupani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2011, 09:34   #3482
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor spirit View Post
finally my car is back from concorde . okey they have done fairly a good job. just posting a before after pictures
Thats not such a good job I would say. I feel the guys in Sai colorium would have done a much better job.
Last week, My friend's punto was dented and he took it to sai colorium. they have done a very nice job.

Anyways the paint quality here looks good.
Compared the photo, I feel that, on the actual car, people won't be able to make out any difference in this area.
hemanth.anand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2011, 13:32   #3483
Distinguished - BHPian

Last sunday, I had been to "Cars2 3D" movie.

Spotted three puntos in the movie. Bosso nova white, medium grey and tuscan wine.
The animated version of punto looks very good as well

But a strange common factor that I observed was that all the three were "reporters" in the movie.

Mods: Please move this to an appropriate thread if this not the right place. I couldn't find any.
hemanth.anand is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2011, 21:15   #3484
BHPian

People in Delhi can be rude, crazy drivers. Now I got to experience it first hand. My punto was banged by someone, and that top in a parking lot. needless to say,the guy ran away. Big dent on the left side rear door, the bottom of the door is slightly bent outwards, the metal just below the door has got bent and a small hole has opened up. Besides loads of scratching of course. looks like someone banged it from the side. It feels so sad to see her like this :(

I will go to Rama motors, okhla on Monday. I just wanted to ask, can the dent be easily repaired? will it be unnoticeable? Or do I need to change the door? ? its not that bad. so I hope it wont come to that.
coolkurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2011, 13:47   #3485
Senior - BHPian

Rama motors is best avoided now. Try oberoi cars, noida. Should be fine in terms of accidental repairs.
Off late, fiat has silently deleted gloss black A, B and C pillar black outs in emotion and emotion pack (76 and 90hp) versions and replaced it with cheap looking matt finish.
sidindica is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2011, 14:33   #3486
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Off late, fiat has silently deleted gloss black A, B and C pillar black outs in emotion and emotion pack (76 and 90hp) versions and replaced it with cheap looking matt finish.
Some pictorial evidence, a sort a comparo of before and after, would be nice to have.
julupani is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2011, 17:10   #3487
Senior - BHPian

visit any dealer and check the stock of latest cars arrived.
sidindica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2011, 19:11   #3488
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Last sunday, I had been to "Cars2 3D" movie.

Spotted three puntos in the movie. Bosso nova white, medium grey and tuscan wine.
The animated version of punto looks very good as well
Agreed. I saw that too, and I was pointing it to my wife. Those Puntos looked good.
deepakhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2011, 20:17   #3489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Rama motors is best avoided now. Try oberoi cars, noida. Should be fine in terms of accidental repairs.
Yeah the 2011 Punto has black vinyl stickers instead of black paint. I have a March 2011 Punto EPack with the black vinyl stickers on A,B and C pillars.
nkg77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2011, 20:55   #3490
Senior - BHPian

^^

Would be helpful if you could post a few pics here for all of us to spot the difference.
julupani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2011, 21:07   #3491
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkg77 View Post
Yeah the 2011 Punto has black vinyl stickers instead of black paint. I have a March 2011 Punto EPack with the black vinyl stickers on A,B and C pillars.
AFAIK, they always came with stickers. I have a Dec 2009 Punto Emotion - the black colour clearly looks like a sticker, and doesn't look like paint.

What Sid said was, the glossy finish is now gone, and its replaced with "cheap looking matt finish"
binaiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2011, 21:14   #3492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
AFAIK, they always came with stickers. I have a Dec 2009 Punto Emotion - the black colour clearly looks like a sticker, and doesn't look like paint.

What Sid said was, the glossy finish is now gone, and its replaced with "cheap looking matt finish"
Mine at least is having glossy finish. Anyways will post a picture by tomorrow for all to see.
Old 5th July 2011, 10:51   #3493
BHPian

There you go, took couple of pictures using my phone. Apology for poor quality of images.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-img_0589.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-img_0590.jpg  

Last edited by nkg77 : 5th July 2011 at 10:59. Reason: Missing attachments
nkg77 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2011, 14:25   #3494
Senior - BHPian

^^ This is how it has always been. Sidindica says the new ones come with a matte finish.
fiat_tarun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2011, 14:46   #3495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun
^^ This is how it has always been. Sidindica says the new ones come with a matte finish.
Infact you can easily see me in the reflection from the black vinyl surface, dunno what Sid is talking about. I even checked out my friend's April 2011 Punto, that also has glossy finish.