Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2011, 15:18   #4066
BHPian
 
gp_fanatico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 58
Thanked: 17 Times
Thumbs down Re: Seat Height Adjuster Lever

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsan02 View Post
Hi Anyone Replaced the Seat Height Adjuster Lever, It comes in the emotion pack variant. Mine broke when the Carnation folks messed it up while I had given them for a wash.

I just checked with service center the part is available but costs 3.5k, would it cost so much just for a lever.

Any inputs will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Samsan02
Can you post any picture of the broken lever? Lets see how bad it is, may be any DIY may help fix the problem.

I had a very bad experience with carnation myself. The guys messed up the Steering centering while doing a free wheel alignment. It ended up wearing out the inner side of the front tires. Cost me 9k for a new set of tires for the front .
gp_fanatico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2011, 00:43   #4067
BHPian
 
samsan02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 404
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Re: Seat Height Adjuster Lever

Quote:
Originally Posted by gp_fanatico View Post
Can you post any picture of the broken lever? Lets see how bad it is, may be any DIY may help fix the problem.
Attached are the pictures, the actual lever is a metal which is probably made of cast iron and is not very strong. And the plastic casing snaps into the metal lever as shown in the red circles. It has broken at the joint as seen in the first picture as circled. Will getting it welded be of any help?
Attached Images
  
samsan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2011, 18:18   #4068
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 229
Thanked: 48 Times
Default Engine oil coolant level scare ..

Hi, wanted to share this experience of mine from yesterday.

I had cleaned the car and had opened up the bonnet to tank up the wiper water container. After completing that, I was casually checking all the other fluids - mainly coolant, brake fluid and PS oil. I was shocked to noticed that the unit housing the coolant had gone way below the "min" mark. In fact there was barely any coolant left in the unit.
Since I observed this on Sunday evening, there was not much I could do. Called one of the service persons I know from Concorde this morning to ask if it was even ok to drive to the service centre with the coolant level being that low. He asked me to fill the coolant unit with either regular drinking water or distilled water and then drive (about 8-10 kms from my place).
Filled about 300ml of distilled water and headed to Concorde, where the car was hoisted and a thorough check was done for leakages. But, none was found! The coolant was topped up and all is fine for now.
Anyone ever been through this before? How can there be almost no coolant at all - the car was last serviced sometime in June earlier this yr and also was checked during a Fiat monsoon camp (around Sept?). I actually recall all the fluids being checked and topped up during the monsoon camp. Anyway, after this incident, will ensure that I look under the hood more often.
royalcruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2011, 20:02   #4069
BHPian
 
gp_fanatico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 58
Thanked: 17 Times
Post Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

I have never faced any issue with coolant. Observe the coolant level from now regularly. If it again reduces then there is surely a leak in the coolant sump. Otherwise, AFAIK the coolant level does not reduce so drastically. May be other Gurus can put some light onto this issue !

@Samson02: Try some super glue stuff ! Else Welding might be the only temporary DIY option. But if you go for it then be careful not to burn the seat or the surrounding plastic casings .

Permanent of course is to replace the lever [Check with any of your friends in europe. You get lot of accessories for Grande punto online. May be they can get it for you]
gp_fanatico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2011, 14:31   #4070
BHPian
 
hiren.mistry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bombay, London
Posts: 871
Thanked: 160 Times
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Test drove the 1.3MJD Punto Emotion Pack yesterday and simply loved it.
The initial pickup felt sluggish but then once the car gathers a bit of momentum it moves smartly ahead.

The test drive was very short but it was long enough to leave me impressed with its handling and ride. After driving a softly sprung Esteem and Civic it was a pleasure to drive this firm Punto. I'm keen on the 90HP and would decide on one after I've got a test drive. Of course I am also keeping an eye out on the face lift.

BTW, the latest models of Punto are shod with Apollo Acelere tires. I believe these are better than the noisy Goodyear GT3's.

Regards
hiren.mistry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2011, 20:49   #4071
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Chennai , Tamil Nadu
Posts: 282
Thanked: 56 Times
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Guys is there any replacement or fault in Puntos manufactured this year. Got a call from FIAT regarding some replacement to be done in some Puntos and they have asked to bring my Punto tomorrow morning to Concorde service center. Will go and check it out as to what it is.

Cheers
kaush666 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2011, 07:00   #4072
Senior - BHPian
 
headers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Greater Chennai
Posts: 4,537
Thanked: 419 Times
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

They are replacing the clutch Master cylinder to one with better quality due to some customer complaints I believe!!
headers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2011, 07:40   #4073
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 567
Thanked: 22 Times
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaush666 View Post
Guys is there any replacement or fault in Puntos manufactured this year. Got a call from FIAT regarding some replacement to be done in some Puntos and they have asked to bring my Punto tomorrow morning to Concorde service center. Will go and check it out as to what it is.

Cheers

Please take a photo of the part that is being replaced and also the bill if you can. It would be helpful for us existing owners.
muni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2011, 13:22   #4074
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Chennai , Tamil Nadu
Posts: 282
Thanked: 56 Times
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

The clutch master cylinder and AC kit was the older one. This is some rear axle replacement I guess. Dad took the car to Concorde today and this is what they had said. Will post a copy of the bill once I get it. I'm not really sure if there actually is a rear axle in a FWD car like the punto. Can anybody confirm?
kaush666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2011, 16:29   #4075
BHPian
 
neil.jericho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore / Coc
Posts: 686
Thanked: 1,199 Times
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

My 7 month old punto is close to the 7k mark and Im very happy with the car except for 2 things
1. The HU ensures that you dont have the facillity of an aux in which is a crying shame in this day and age
2. The annoying tendency to start slowly pulling to the left every few months. When I first got the car, it had this problem and I got it rectified by Concorde Motors, Cochin. Since then I have shown it thrice to Concorde Motors, Bangalore for the same issue. If I take my hands off the steering wheel, it tilts marginally to the left and the car gently deviates from the straight line. I had gone there a couple of weeks ago and got it fixed again and I thought that was the end of it. Yest while driving down to Cochin, I noticed that it was pulling ever so slightly to the left.

I called up the Fiat Service Advisor at Concorde Motors, Cochin who told me that this is a known problem with Puntos Apparently last week another customer complained about the same thing & Fiat flew down an expert from their plant and despite replacing several parts, it still pulls a wee bit to the left. They had to show the customer that new Puntos that had freshly landed also faced the same issue.

It seems that more Punto owners complain of this in Bangalore (among other cities) because the roads there are wider and it is easier to observe. Given the state of Kerala's roads (roads, what roads you ask) they dont receive too many of these complaints here though they know it is an issue. They (the SA in Bangalore as well) say that all they can adjust is the toe - in and beyond that they are helpless as it is a manufacturing issue.

Call me crazy but I dont think that is a suitable excuse. Anyways have fixed up an appointment with them for later this week. Will see how they handle it.
neil.jericho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2011, 16:52   #4076
BHPian
 
arunkk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 183
Thanked: 42 Times
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
My 7 month old punto is close to the 7k mark and Im very happy with the car except for 2 things
1. The HU ensures that you dont have the facillity of an aux in which is a crying shame in this day and age
2. The annoying tendency to start slowly pulling to the left every few months. When I first got the car, it had this problem and I got it rectified by Concorde Motors, Cochin. Since then I have shown it thrice to Concorde Motors, Bangalore for the same issue. If I take my hands off the steering wheel, it tilts marginally to the left and the car gently deviates from the straight line. I had gone there a couple of weeks ago and got it fixed again and I thought that was the end of it. Yest while driving down to Cochin, I noticed that it was pulling ever so slightly to the left.

I called up the Fiat Service Advisor at Concorde Motors, Cochin who told me that this is a known problem with Puntos Apparently last week another customer complained about the same thing & Fiat flew down an expert from their plant and despite replacing several parts, it still pulls a wee bit to the left. They had to show the customer that new Puntos that had freshly landed also faced the same issue.

It seems that more Punto owners complain of this in Bangalore (among other cities) because the roads there are wider and it is easier to observe. Given the state of Kerala's roads (roads, what roads you ask) they dont receive too many of these complaints here though they know it is an issue. They (the SA in Bangalore as well) say that all they can adjust is the toe - in and beyond that they are helpless as it is a manufacturing issue.

Call me crazy but I dont think that is a suitable excuse. Anyways have fixed up an appointment with them for later this week. Will see how they handle it.
Thats strange as I have never faced this problem in mine or in my friend's punto both of which are used in Bangalore.
arunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2011, 21:55   #4077
BHPian
 
neil.jericho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore / Coc
Posts: 686
Thanked: 1,199 Times
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunkk View Post
Thats strange as I have never faced this problem in mine or in my friend's punto both of which are used in Bangalore.
I havent heard of too many offset steering Puntos either. Of course every car ownership thread has a couple of cases where people talk about incorrect alignment but thats par for course. The SA in Cochin stuck to his story that all Puntos have this issue. Which is ridiculous because TBHP shouldve been flooded with people complaining about this had that been the case (or any other noticeable problem for that matter). Will see if they can fix it this time or else I will have to take it up with Fiat directly.
neil.jericho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2011, 06:51   #4078
Senior - BHPian
 
headers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Greater Chennai
Posts: 4,537
Thanked: 419 Times
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
2. The annoying tendency to start slowly pulling to the left every few months. When I first got the car, it had this problem and I got it rectified by Concorde Motors, Cochin. Since then I have shown it thrice to Concorde Motors, Bangalore for the same issue. If I take my hands off the steering wheel, it tilts marginally to the left and the car gently deviates from the straight line. I had gone there a couple of weeks ago and got it fixed again and I thought that was the end of it. Yest while driving down to Cochin, I noticed that it was pulling ever so slightly to the left.
Does it pull to the left or right if you do the same bit of road in the reverse direction? , [ i.e. if you are going from East to West on a road Z, try doing West to East on Road Z in the same area. ]
headers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2011, 09:05   #4079
BHPian
 
vaisakhr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: KL-32
Posts: 356
Thanked: 134 Times
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
I have shown it thrice to Concorde Motors, Bangalore for the same issue. If I take my hands off the steering wheel, it tilts marginally to the left and the car gently deviates from the straight line. I had gone there a couple of weeks ago and got it fixed again and I thought that was the end of it. Yest while driving down to Cochin, I noticed that it was pulling ever so slightly to the left.

I called up the Fiat Service Advisor at Concorde Motors, Cochin who told me that this is a known problem with Puntos Apparently last week another customer complained about the same thing & Fiat flew down an expert from their plant and despite replacing several parts, it still pulls a wee bit to the left. They had to show the customer that new Puntos that had freshly landed also faced the same issue.

It seems that more Punto owners complain of this in Bangalore (among other cities) because the roads there are wider and it is easier to observe. Given the state of Kerala's roads (roads, what roads you ask) they dont receive too many of these complaints here though they know it is an issue. They (the SA in Bangalore as well) say that all they can adjust is the toe - in and beyond that they are helpless as it is a manufacturing issue.

Call me crazy but I dont think that is a suitable excuse. Anyways have fixed up an appointment with them for later this week. Will see how they handle it.
They always care so much about the geography of the roads, doesn't want to do what they have to rectify the problem. They are interested only in selling the cars that too with a 'buy it if you want' behavior.

IMHO, All the fiat car owners in tbhp together should write directly to fiat including the post which details about the problem we are facing with their cars.
vaisakhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2011, 09:54   #4080
BHPian
 
nkg77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Trivandrum, Kerala
Posts: 233
Thanked: 141 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaisakhr

They always care so much about the geography of the roads, doesn't want to do what they have to rectify the problem. They are interested only in selling the cars that too with a 'buy it if you want' behavior.

IMHO, All the fiat car owners in tbhp together should write directly to fiat including the post which details about the problem we are facing with their cars.
I have an 8 month old Punto which has done 12500kms and I do not face any left pulling issue. Please don't generalize that all Fiat cars are faulty.
nkg77 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fiat Abarth Punto - Test Drive & Review nkrishnap Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 228 18th May 2017 23:05
2014 Fiat Punto Evo - Test Drive & Review nkrishnap Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 95 5th May 2016 15:07
Grande Punto Facelift: From baby Maserati to Punto Evo EDIT: Punto 'My Life' on pg.7 sushanthr77 The International Automotive Scene 167 25th November 2011 12:02
Fiat Grande Punto and the new Fiat Sedan; Tata-Fiat JV jkdas The Indian Car Scene 37 4th March 2009 17:01


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:45.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks