Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 26th February 2012, 15:30   #4396
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
The sensors mounted on the rear bumpers are of black colour? Or do we have the option of choosing body coloured ones?

Is 100/90 headlamp upgrade recommended in Punto? Or stock headlamps do a good job?
CD: Instead of 100/90, try Osram NB+. Not as bright as 100/90, but much better than stock, plus the bulb is of same wattage and is a plug and play job, so no warranty issues or blackening.

I am happy with my NB+, even during night drives in highways.
theexperthand is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2012, 15:40   #4397
BHPian

With reference to my previous post I thank you all for your valuable answers on the brake pad dust thing, for which i had a concern about.

I also have few more queries on the 2012 GP. The car being brand new, yesterday on a hot sunny day i happen to drive around during day time and kept the A/c ON in Lo setting.

1. Somehow for the entire 30-45 mins drive even with the A/c working non stop, i could not get a grip of how the Auto Climate control system works. The chillness factor in the cabin was not as I had expected on the car. I am not sure if i am over expecting from a car that I am very little used to, but felt the cooling to be not so effective. Is this normal punto behavior. One point i would like to notify is, the Sun Film (IR reduction sun film) is not yet installed on any of the windows.

There was better cooling during the evening drive after sun set. Kdinyl clarify.

2. Is there any limitation to use the Air-con in the running in period. There has been mixed feelings with few suggesting to keep the A/c religiously OFF in first 1000 kms and few others not.

3. I have been driving in the 1500-2000RPM range and touched a max of 60 kph. Confirm me if this as per Team BHP specification ?
sriramr9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2012, 16:00   #4398
BHPian

+1 to below!

I got the Night Breakers. Cost about 1500 a pair. Really worth it.
Irony is i had shifted to 90/100 setup abot 2 years back. So now, i am using normal wattage bulbs in a 90/100 setup !

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
CD: Instead of 100/90, try Osram NB+. Not as bright as 100/90, but much better than stock, plus the bulb is of same wattage and is a plug and play job, so no warranty issues or blackening.

jagan0677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2012, 22:21   #4399
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramr9 View Post
With reference to my previous post I thank you all for your valuable answers on the brake pad dust thing, for which i had a concern about.

I also have few more queries on the 2012 GP. The car being brand new, yesterday on a hot sunny day i happen to drive around during day time and kept the A/c ON in Lo setting.

1. Somehow for the entire 30-45 mins drive even with the A/c working non stop, i could not get a grip of how the Auto Climate control system works. The chillness factor in the cabin was not as I had expected on the car. I am not sure if i am over expecting from a car that I am very little used to, but felt the cooling to be not so effective. Is this normal punto behavior. One point i would like to notify is, the Sun Film (IR reduction sun film) is not yet installed on any of the windows.

There was better cooling during the evening drive after sun set. Kdinyl clarify.

2. Is there any limitation to use the Air-con in the running in period. There has been mixed feelings with few suggesting to keep the A/c religiously OFF in first 1000 kms and few others not.

3. I have been driving in the 1500-2000RPM range and touched a max of 60 kph. Confirm me if this as per Team BHP specification ?
The AC of the 2012 GP is very effective. Make sure that you put the recirculation button to "on" mode and set the desired temperature and adjust blower speed accordingly. Could be that the recirculation mode was off and outside dusty air was entering the cabin.
sidindica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2012, 22:53   #4400
BANNED

Question AC problem

Dear all,

I own GP Mjd EP, I use 100% AC & getting out side bad smell from AC vents, even though it kept in Re circulation mode. Concorde try to solve the issue but still problem exists, is any one experienced the said probem? how you are came out of it?
Other suggestions/ideas
subbarao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2012, 06:30   #4401
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: AC problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbarao View Post
Dear all,

I own GP Mjd EP, I use 100% AC & getting out side bad smell from AC vents, even though it kept in Re circulation mode.
Other suggestions/ideas
Park car in sun > Open all doors & windows, Run car with AC ON for 15 minutes
headers is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2012, 09:16   #4402
BANNED

Unhappy Re: AC problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Park car in sun > Open all doors & windows, Run car with AC ON for 15 minutes
Thanks....will do this, but I don't think it will solve the problem, i think i have not quoted my problem correctly, what i said was getting out side air mixed with burned Diesel/petrol/gas smoke while parked in signals, while running bad smell of opened man holes & other un comfortable smell........that too in Recycle ON condition.
subbarao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2012, 10:28   #4403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbarao

Thanks....will do this, but I don't think it will solve the problem, i think i have not quoted my problem correctly, what i said was getting out side air mixed with burned Diesel/petrol/gas smoke while parked in signals, while running bad smell of opened man holes & other un comfortable smell........that too in Recycle ON condition.
Subbarao,

1. Check the ac pollen filter, replace if necessary.

2. Get the ac duct positioning checked in recirculation / fresh air mode. I think when u set to recirculation mode, fresh air is still seeping in, as the path is not getting closed.
autocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2012, 13:16   #4404
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
The AC of the 2012 GP is very effective. Make sure that you put the recirculation button to "on" mode and set the desired temperature and adjust blower speed accordingly. Could be that the recirculation mode was off and outside dusty air was entering the cabin.
I set the A/c in ACC mode in Lo setting and the Air circulation arrow was a curved one and not the straight one.. with this setting in a hot sun drive without sun film the cooling took long time to make the cabin pleasant.
sriramr9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2012, 20:59   #4405
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: AC problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbarao View Post

The Recyle button is defective or the motor controlling the flaps needs replacement.
headers is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2012, 10:15   #4406
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, whats the usual procedure for payment followed? Is the invoicing done upfront before PDI, or after PDI?

My dealer has asked for full payment - so that they can invoice the car before month end (Their version - To protect from future price hike, which they are expecting!). Regarding PDI - they have ensured that the vehicle will be sent for registration only once I give a go-ahead after PDI.

Car is supposed to arrive in 7 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by teky View Post
Why don't you try it for few days before upgrading?
I guess I will try Osram NB+ first.

teky: Upgrading because I have to do a lot of night travel (Highways and city). Most probably - the car will be greeted with a 2000 kms trip within the run-in period (If it gets delivered on time, as promised)- most of which would involve highway night drives.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 28th February 2012 at 10:21.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2012, 10:20   #4407
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Guys, whats the usual procedure for payment followed? Is the invoicing done upfront before PDI, or after PDI?

My dealer has asked for full payment - so that they can invoice the car before month end (Their version - To protect from future price hike, which they are expecting!). Regarding PDI - they have ensured that the vehicle will be sent for registration only once I give a go-ahead after PDI.

Car is supposed to arrive in 7 days.
That seems to be a load of bull. The main reason why they want you to it is because they want your booking in their February 2012 Sales quota and nothing else. Keep in mind that If you need February month discounts/offers, you need to make the full payment before Feb 29th 6:30 PM IST.

I would suggest you to do the following, make the full payment and get written assurance from them that they will pass on any additional benefits, if any, that are added for March, the last month of the quarter!
DRIV3R is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2012, 10:25   #4408
BHPian

The parking attendant managed to misplace my Punto's key. I've been using the spare key for a while.
Can anyone please tell me how to go about obtaining a new key? what are the charges and how long does it take to obtain a new one?

Secondly, I don't trust the parking guy. He's a regular and what if he manages to obtain my older key? Is there a way to change the codes or something?
coolkurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2012, 10:34   #4409
Senior - BHPian

^^ Check with your service centre. They will note down your key number and will have to order one. Spare keys are imported from Italy and are quite expensive. IIRC its about 6k for the Punto. Doesn't insurance cover lost keys ??
fiat_tarun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2012, 10:35   #4410
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
The parking attendant managed to misplace my Punto's key. I've been using the spare key for a while.
Can anyone please tell me how to go about obtaining a new key? what are the charges and how long does it take to obtain a new one?

Secondly, I don't trust the parking guy. He's a regular and what if he manages to obtain my older key? Is there a way to change the codes or something?
AFAIK, the remote key costs around 6k. (If you have a active variant, the key is less expensive)
I wanted to use two remote keys .., when I had inquired, the dealer had told me that it might take 1 month since it has to come from Italy it seems.
He also told me that I can't use two remote keys together because their codes don't match. So I think in your case it helps.

If the new key comes with a new code, they will do a key learning for your spare key so that it works with your new key.
hemanth.anand is offline   Reply With Quote