Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2012, 12:47   #4876
Senior - BHPian
 
DRIV3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: India
Posts: 1,644
Thanked: 1,078 Times
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Is it? I have a 90hp and I always fill 31 psi. I dint really bother to check the manual and always used to refer to the placard on the B pillar. And yes, my car rattles.

I will try filling 29 psi but will it have any adverse affects on the tyre?
There should be no adverse effects, buddy! As FIAT themselves recommend this. Refer the pics below from the manual. One of the pics is of the tyre placard pasted on the car, which mentions only the maximum pressure to be maintained, irrespective of load.

I am maintaining 29psi, and I am loving the ride.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-dsc_0370.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-dsc_0371.jpg  

DRIV3R is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2012, 13:33   #4877
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 8,724
Thanked: 15,764 Times
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
There should be no adverse effects, buddy! As FIAT themselves recommend this. Refer the pics below from the manual. One of the pics is of the tyre placard pasted on the car, which mentions only the maximum pressure to be maintained, irrespective of load.

I am maintaining 29psi, and I am loving the ride.
But, they do also mention that we need to add another 4.4 PSI when the tyres are warm. And most of us check on warm tyres. That should compensate?

The rear left tyre of my 90HP is losing pressure faster compared to the others. Although not as much to suspect a puncture. While the other tyres decrease to 28 or 29 PSI (Over 2-3 weeks), this one goes to 17 - 15 PSI and such.

Thinking of swapping it with the spare tyre!
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2012, 15:43   #4878
Senior - BHPian
 
myavu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Delhi - Kochi
Posts: 1,063
Thanked: 554 Times
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
While the other tyres decrease to 28 or 29 PSI (Over 2-3 weeks), this one goes to 17 - 15 PSI and such.
I bet, it is a puncture. The nail or whatever pierced the tyre is acting as a plug and not letting air escape easily. When it reach about 15-17 PSI there is not much pressure left to force air out and it will stay like that for many days.

Check your tyre immediately (full tyre immerse method). Till then you will be loosing precious mileage.

Cheers!

Vinu
myavu is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2012, 00:14   #4879
BHPian
 
Rock 'n' rollz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 277
Thanked: 19 Times
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Is it? I have a 90hp and I always fill 31 psi. I dint really bother to check the manual and always used to refer to the placard on the B pillar. And yes, my car rattles.
Same here and my car rattles too. Despite repeated complaints TASS hasn't even tried addressing the issue. There is this squeaking noise that comes from the front passenger seat. Whenever I have guests in the car, I make sure someone occupies this seat and then it doesn't make any noise.
Result: Guests go gaga over Fiat build quality.

Its not a big issue as such but yes it irritates you like anything. I have given up on TASS guys so going to try and fix it myself.
Rock 'n' rollz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2012, 09:39   #4880
Senior - BHPian
 
theexperthand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,366
Thanked: 1,123 Times
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
The rear left tyre of my 90HP is losing pressure faster compared to the others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
I bet, it is a puncture. The nail or whatever pierced the tyre is acting as a plug and not letting air escape easily.
@CD: +1 to what Vinu said. I was exactly in the same shoes last month. My front right tyre was losing air faster than other tyres. After filling nitrogen 2 times, I took the tyre out and saw that there was a screw lodged which was acting as a plug and was letting the air out very slowly.
theexperthand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2012, 11:42   #4881
Senior - BHPian
 
raj_5004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dubai/Mumbai
Posts: 5,074
Thanked: 2,022 Times
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

A few pics of Pintu frrom a small dash to Amy Valley with friends. It was one of the most amazing roads I have driven Pintu on. Lots of fast corners, tight bends and even hairpin bends to enjoy Punto's capability to the max.

I am grateful that I chose the 90 hp. The car really outshines on the highway. Even at 150 kmph, a small prod on the throttle and the car reaches 160 kmph in an instant. I did not push her beyond that but it definitely had some juice left! Also, thanks to the ABS+EBD, many corners could be attempted at fairly high speeds.

Finally, nothing can beat the fantastic steering feedback, poise, stability, ride and handling of the Punto. Kudos to the marvelous engineering finesse of FIAT.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-149488_10150814049283317_740923316_9662039_1716195323_n.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-179986_10150814049133317_740923316_9662038_2017597178_n.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-427880_10150814049373317_740923316_9662040_1690412150_n.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-529959_10150814048118317_740923316_9662028_56916327_n.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-535070_10150814046743317_740923316_9662017_1379768010_n.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-545590_10150814049448317_740923316_9662041_46880749_n.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-546248_10150814047583317_740923316_9662023_541346712_n.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-553636_10150814048893317_740923316_9662036_1926871150_n.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-576886_10150814047228317_740923316_9662020_1526520068_n.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-577031_10150814047458317_740923316_9662022_1326025507_n.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-578267_10150814047318317_740923316_9662021_1372978461_n.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-dsc_1136.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-dsc_1137.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-dsc_1138.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-dsc_1139.jpg  

raj_5004 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2012, 14:33   #4882
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: India
Posts: 590
Thanked: 648 Times
Thumbs up Punto 90 HP - Launch on 18th May 2012

Hi,

The MOST powerful hatch in India i.e. Punto 90 HP is going to be launched on 18th May 2012.

This new model is named as Punto Sport. Features expected are:

- Chrome accented interiors
- ‘Punto’ branded Door Sill
- Sporty Metallic Pedals
- Color coded ORVMS
- Chrome Exhaust Tip
- ‘Sport’ branded Body Decals
- Red stitching on the Gear Knob and Gear Lever cover

Color choice for Punto 90 HP Sports:

- Bossa Nova White
- Exotica Red
- Hip Hop Black

Lets see how it is priced. All the best for FIAT and FIAT LOVERS!

Cheers!
Irish

Last edited by Irish : 16th May 2012 at 14:34.
Irish is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2012, 14:55   #4883
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: -
Posts: 495
Thanked: 313 Times
Default Re: Punto 90 HP - Launch on 18th May 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish View Post
The MOST powerful hatch in India i.e. Punto 90 HP is going to be launched on 18th May 2012.
Pardon me, but 90 HP Punto has been there for ages now, correct me if i'm wrong.

The items that you have mentioned are all cosmetic changes and i'm not amused by this fact that it'll be the same Punto with all the glitz, if I am correct with the 90 HP being in the market, then I am sorry FIAT, this gimmick will not set the sales charts on FIRE.
Torquedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2012, 15:13   #4884
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 362
Thanked: 63 Times
Default Re: Punto 90 HP - Launch on 18th May 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
Pardon me, but 90 HP Punto has been there for ages now, correct me if i'm wrong.

The items that you have mentioned are all cosmetic changes and i'm not amused by this fact that it'll be the same Punto with all the glitz, if I am correct with the 90 HP being in the market, then I am sorry FIAT, this gimmick will not set the sales charts on FIRE.
Punto 90 HP was in market but not Punto 90 HP Sports.
There is no gimmick, no body should feel sorry for Fiat but appreciate that still being selling few cars in the market, they are showing courage to bring new variant in the market for handful of Auto enthusiast.
jacksons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2012, 15:13   #4885
Senior - BHPian
 
raj_5004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dubai/Mumbai
Posts: 5,074
Thanked: 2,022 Times
Default Re: Punto 90 HP - Launch on 18th May 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish View Post
The MOST powerful hatch in India i.e. Punto 90 HP is going to be launched on 18th May 2012.
Going to be launched? I am driving one since Jan 2011 !

Quote:
This new model is named as Punto Sport.
Atleast the name 'sounds' good.

Quote:
Features expected are:

- Chrome accented interiors
- ‘Punto’ branded Door Sill
- Sporty Metallic Pedals
- Color coded ORVMS
- Chrome Exhaust Tip
- ‘Sport’ branded Body Decals
- Red stitching on the Gear Knob and Gear Lever cover
Damn! Only the name is good.

Maybe this is the new 90hp with the raised GC of the 2012 Puntos. Inputs anyone?

Fiat Punto sports shown at the Auto Expo 2010 -

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-fiat_grande_punto_sports.jpg

GOSH! If this is how the Punto Sports will look, then I am happy with my 90hp!

Pic source: Motorbeam.com

Last edited by raj_5004 : 16th May 2012 at 15:27.
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2012, 15:45   #4886
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: India
Posts: 590
Thanked: 648 Times
Cool Re: Punto 90 HP - Launch on 18th May 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
Pardon me, but 90 HP Punto has been there for ages now, correct me if i'm wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Going to be launched? I am driving one since Jan 2011 !
Come on guys!
Every FIAT fan is aware and was waiting for 90 HP's 'facelift' launch. This question has been asked since 2012 version of Punto was launched on 3rd January. Now please don't point out that it was 76 HP.


Cheers!
Irish
Irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2012, 15:48   #4887
Senior - BHPian
 
raj_5004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dubai/Mumbai
Posts: 5,074
Thanked: 2,022 Times
Default Re: Punto 90 HP - Launch on 18th May 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish View Post
Come on guys!
Every FIAT fan is aware and was waiting for 90 HP's 'facelift' launch. This question has been asked since 2012 version of Punto was launched on 3rd January. Now please don't point out that it was 76 HP.
AFAIK, FIAT has already said that they have no new launches or facelifts in 2012.

We cant call the same car with some stickering and some accessories as facelifts, can we? Anyways, all I said was - if the car looks like the one in above pic, then it will be UGLY.
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2012, 15:55   #4888
BHPian
 
avisidhu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 615
Thanked: 452 Times
Default Re: Punto 90 HP - Launch on 18th May 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
GOSH! If this is how the Punto Sports will look, then I am happy with my 90hp!


However, take those body stickers off and you have quite a looker IMO, especially with those alloys.
Unfortunately all these are increasingly start to look like mere shenanigans on Fiat's part. Anyway, can't fault them on at least trying something every now and then
avisidhu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2012, 16:00   #4889
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: India
Posts: 590
Thanked: 648 Times
Cool Re: Punto 90 HP - Launch on 18th May 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
AFAIK, FIAT has already said that they have no new launches or facelifts in 2012.

We cant call the same car with some stickering and some accessories as facelifts, can we? Anyways, all I said was - if the car looks like the one in above pic, then it will be UGLY.

But this is a "Facelift". AFAIK FIAT has said in January 2012 - No new products to be launched in 2012 and will concentrate on brand building and it presence in India.

There has been a trend of launching new "faecilfted" versions just by changing / enhancing the head lamps and break lights only. Few manufacturers do it with great pomp and show whereas few just introduce their products silently. For example: if you see, Safari in the year 2012, it is Safari MFL (i.e. Minor FaceLift). Not everybody is aware of these facelifts (apart from such forums) in Safari 2012 (2.2 vtt) but still they write it as 2012 MFL.

Cheers!
Irish
Irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2012, 16:02   #4890
Senior - BHPian
 
Epic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,226
Thanked: 315 Times
Default Re: Punto 90 HP - Launch on 18th May 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish View Post
Hi,

The MOST powerful hatch in India i.e. Punto 90 HP is going to be launched on 18th May 2012.

This new model is named as Punto Sport. Features expected are:

- Chrome accented interiors
- ‘Punto’ branded Door Sill
- Sporty Metallic Pedals
- Color coded ORVMS
- Chrome Exhaust Tip
- ‘Sport’ branded Body Decals
- Red stitching on the Gear Knob and Gear Lever cover
As far as I know, the most powerful hatch in the country is the Volkswagen Polo 1.6 with 105 bhp

I suppose that Fiat has already launched the new Punto and Linea recently? They have some cool features like rain sensing wipers, auto headlights and stuff. I have seen some ads on TV for this.
Epic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fiat Abarth Punto - Test Drive & Review nkrishnap Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 230 3rd June 2017 11:06
2014 Fiat Punto Evo - Test Drive & Review nkrishnap Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 95 5th May 2016 15:07
Grande Punto Facelift: From baby Maserati to Punto Evo EDIT: Punto 'My Life' on pg.7 sushanthr77 The International Automotive Scene 167 25th November 2011 12:02
Fiat Grande Punto and the new Fiat Sedan; Tata-Fiat JV jkdas The Indian Car Scene 37 4th March 2009 17:01


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:31.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks