Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2012, 15:30   #5011
Newbie
 
ssvikas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 6
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by parimal_g View Post
The Car is Top End Model, but when i test drove one of my Friends Linea, iwas not impressed with the Pickup even after comapring to 75 HP Punto, dont know why. And again as you pointed out its 10 month laying at dealership. Man Confusion Confusion

Yes Most of the driving will be city and trips to Pune and Mostly Goa, really difficult to conclude, but i find Punto more Fun to Drive. But impressed with Linea Rear Seats awesome and far better under thigh support. And as you said the Boot will be used hardly, why to carry that extra overhang.

The Linea am talking about is the Emotion Pack one and has the improved AC which comes in 2012 Cars, but again the question comes do i really need a boot and Hatch is an Hatch when it comes to Handling, yes and will keep the car for minimum 5 years. Punto Sports 2012 is too expensive and the are not offering any discount at all. Anyways will keep you posted on my decision.

And as you rightly said its really difficult to see beyond Fiat , Its Emotional decision.
Parimal, from what you have posted here, I can infer the following:
(1) you seem to be impressed with Punto's pickup rather than Linea
(2) Most driving is in city vis-a-vis highways
(3) You are unsure about whether you really need a boot at all

About the pickup, it is subjective actually since there are arguments for both sides. So, no comments on that one.

Since you are using it mostly in the city, why carry the boot around the city and face issues with parking, etc? This was precisely my logic of not preferring a sedan. But then, sedans can offer the 'satisfaction of owning a big car'. So, is that what you are looking for in a car? If yes, then go for Linea. But this is only after a thorough pre-registration inspection.

But, if I were in your place, I would prefer a May-2012 Punto over a Sep-2011 Linea lying in the open in the manufacturer/ dealer's yard since 9 long months, even if it was offered at the same price as a Punto 2012. But, that's just my opinion.

All the best with your decision making!!
ssvikas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2012, 10:09   #5012
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 65
Thanked: Once
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Guys,

My punto is 3 months and 3000 KM old and I'm getting a mileage of 12KMPL. 100% of my driving is within chennai city with 100% AC and in heavy traffic. Can anyone let me know what mileage you are getting on your Punto? Will it increase after the first service?

Thanks,
Sridhar
sridharj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2012, 10:20   #5013
BHPian
 
sandsun7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 766
Thanked: 582 Times
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharj View Post
Guys,

My punto is 3 months and 3000 KM old and I'm getting a mileage of 12KMPL. 100% of my driving is within chennai city with 100% AC and in heavy traffic. Can anyone let me know what mileage you are getting on your Punto? Will it increase after the first service?
Please let us know whether it is 1.3 MJD or 1.4/1.2 FIRE.
If it is 1.3 MJD, it is slightly below average, only slightly. May be after 1st service you could expect around 13-14 in b2b traffic. Also depends on your driving style. I have met people who report 10-12kmpl with MJD in Bangalore city traffic and also, people who easily get 15-16 in similar roads with similar traffic.
sandsun7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2012, 11:14   #5014
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: EU - Nordic
Posts: 1,551
Thanked: 930 Times
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharj View Post
My punto is 3 months and 3000 KM old and I'm getting a mileage of 12KMPL. 100% of my driving is within chennai city with 100% AC and in heavy traffic. Can anyone let me know what mileage you are getting on your Punto? Will it increase after the first service?
My MJD Punto (90HP) is almost 23K old and my city mileage is around 14kmpl with 100% AC. My daily run to office is pretty short (6km one way) and is run in moderate traffic (with one main signal along the way). I always calculate FE by tankful-to-tankful method and my average mileage (city+highway, about 50% each) hovers around 17kmpl.
StarrySky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2012, 12:31   #5015
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 65
Thanked: Once
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
Please let us know whether it is 1.3 MJD or 1.4/1.2 FIRE.
If it is 1.3 MJD, it is slightly below average, only slightly. May be after 1st service you could expect around 13-14 in b2b traffic. Also depends on your driving style. I have met people who report 10-12kmpl with MJD in Bangalore city traffic and also, people who easily get 15-16 in similar roads with similar traffic.
Thanks for reply, mine is 1.3 MJD. I'm very light foot driver. By commuting to office in both morning and evening is in heavy traffic. I hardly get to drive in 4th gear So I believe this also affects the mileage. Hope to increase a bit after 1st service.

Thanks,
Sridhar
sridharj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2012, 12:34   #5016
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 65
Thanked: Once
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
My MJD Punto (90HP) is almost 23K old and my city mileage is around 14kmpl with 100% AC. My daily run to office is pretty short (6km one way) and is run in moderate traffic (with one main signal along the way). I always calculate FE by tankful-to-tankful method and my average mileage (city+highway, about 50% each) hovers around 17kmpl.
Thanks for the reply, mine is completely city driving in b2b traffic. I just took her to the outskirts for a brief visit to my friends place and I can see the trip meter showing 18 KMPL as average consumption. I believe the b2b traffic is the problem here.

Thanks,
Sridhar
sridharj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2012, 12:44   #5017
BHPian
 
S.MJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 432
Thanked: 476 Times
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharj View Post
Guys,

My punto is 3 months and 3000 KM old and I'm getting a mileage of 12KMPL. 100% of my driving is within chennai city with 100% AC and in heavy traffic. Can anyone let me know what mileage you are getting on your Punto? Will it increase after the first service?
My 75HP MJD is giving me 16 to 17 km/l in my daily city driving with 100% AC in moderate traffic conditions. 80% of time I travel alone.
It has done 5300 Kms.
I got my 1st service done at 4500 kms & have not noticed any improvement in fuel efficiency after 1st service.
S.MJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2012, 13:36   #5018
BHPian
 
ms001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: bangalore
Posts: 917
Thanked: 60 Times
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Fiat india posted pictures of Fiat Power Drive held at yellagiri( near Bangalore and Chennai) on their Facebook page. Enjoy !!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...0280854&type=1
ms001 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2012, 14:59   #5019
BHPian
 
PuntoMania's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Pune
Posts: 214
Thanked: 225 Times
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharj View Post
Thanks for reply, mine is 1.3 MJD. I'm very light foot driver. By commuting to office in both morning and evening is in heavy traffic. I hardly get to drive in 4th gear So I believe this also affects the mileage. Hope to increase a bit after 1st service.

Thanks,
Sridhar
Hi Sridhar,
I also drive in total bumper to bumper traffic on most days to my office. I am getting a mileage of between 13-15 kmpl with 80-90% AC on.

Although my car has now run 22k kilometers. Maybe your car is just running in as of now.

One advice : Please do take the car out for some highway runs where the engine can get used to some normal driving and can get some air in as well when it is driven at 60-100 kmph.

Also, it is advisable to change the engine oil during first service even though its not recommended by the mechanics. If possible, tell the mechanics you want to be present at the time of oil change.
PuntoMania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2012, 17:54   #5020
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 65
Thanked: Once
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuntoMania View Post
Hi Sridhar,
I also drive in total bumper to bumper traffic on most days to my office. I am getting a mileage of between 13-15 kmpl with 80-90% AC on.

Although my car has now run 22k kilometers. Maybe your car is just running in as of now.

One advice : Please do take the car out for some highway runs where the engine can get used to some normal driving and can get some air in as well when it is driven at 60-100 kmph.

Also, it is advisable to change the engine oil during first service even though its not recommended by the mechanics. If possible, tell the mechanics you want to be present at the time of oil change.
Thanks for the advice. Yes, I was also thinking about taking my car for highway driving maybe for around 100 KM. I will do that this weekend. As you have mentioned I have also read in TBHP that oil change is recommended for the first service.

Thanks,
Sridhar
sridharj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2012, 17:59   #5021
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 65
Thanked: Once
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.MJet View Post
My 75HP MJD is giving me 16 to 17 km/l in my daily city driving with 100% AC in moderate traffic conditions. 80% of time I travel alone.
It has done 5300 Kms.
I got my 1st service done at 4500 kms & have not noticed any improvement in fuel efficiency after 1st service.
Man, that's a kind of mileage i would envy
sridharj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2012, 10:03   #5022
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 739
Thanked: 206 Times
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

I have a problem. Last month, one of the parking attendants misplaced my remote key. I have been using the spare key all this while. Can you please tell me how do I go about obtaining a replacement remote key? What is the price that they charge?

More importantly, will they give me a replacement with the same key code? I am a regular at that particular marketplace and don't trust the parking attendant. what if I get a new key made..and the attendant somehow obtains my older remote key..can he use it on my car? I have a Punto Emotion Pack.
coolkurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2012, 10:14   #5023
Senior - BHPian
 
raj_5004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dubai/Mumbai
Posts: 5,074
Thanked: 2,022 Times
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Guys, the website says Punto has a delay function for power windows. I assume it means that every after the car is switched off, for a few seconds, the power windows will work.

Is that true? If yes, it does not work in my car.
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2012, 11:06   #5024
BHPian
 
ms001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: bangalore
Posts: 917
Thanked: 60 Times
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Guys, the website says Punto has a delay function for power windows. I assume it means that every after the car is switched off, for a few seconds, the power windows will work.

Is that true? If yes, it does not work in my car.
yes this feature is present in punto , after pulling out the key, till you open the door the power windows work.you can see the back-light on the window switches on as well.get yours checked
ms001 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2012, 11:38   #5025
Senior - BHPian
 
DRIV3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: India
Posts: 1,644
Thanked: 1,078 Times
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Guys, the website says Punto has a delay function for power windows. I assume it means that every after the car is switched off, for a few seconds, the power windows will work.

Is that true? If yes, it does not work in my car.
Hi Raj, yes, it does work until 2 minutes or a door is opened, after you pull out the key/turn off ignition.
DRIV3R is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fiat Abarth Punto - Test Drive & Review nkrishnap Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 230 3rd June 2017 11:06
2014 Fiat Punto Evo - Test Drive & Review nkrishnap Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 95 5th May 2016 15:07
Grande Punto Facelift: From baby Maserati to Punto Evo EDIT: Punto 'My Life' on pg.7 sushanthr77 The International Automotive Scene 167 25th November 2011 12:02
Fiat Grande Punto and the new Fiat Sedan; Tata-Fiat JV jkdas The Indian Car Scene 37 4th March 2009 17:01


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:41.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks