Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2012, 12:35   #5311
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 6,387
Thanked: 6,102 Times
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

There was a news of the 2012 Punto getting Auto head lamps & wipers, and that too standard on all variants right? Hasn't it been available yet? Can't recollect it.
swiftnfurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2012, 13:00   #5312
BHPian
 
parimal_g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: MUMBAI
Posts: 434
Thanked: 173 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious
There was a news of the 2012 Punto getting Auto head lamps & wipers, and that too standard on all variants right? Hasn't it been available yet? Can't recollect it.
They have launch 2012 Linea with these features, but sadly these features are not available on Punto.
parimal_g is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2012, 13:36   #5313
Senior - BHPian
 
sammyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Gurgaon/Doon
Posts: 1,705
Thanked: 284 Times
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by parimal_g View Post
Hi Sammboy,
I dont have an ownership thread, will write a small review and few Pics for your reference.
Parimal, thanks so much for taking out time to document the ownership and posting the pics of your beauty. These are the first proper pics i am seeing of the Sport and it really looks awesome.

I have been given a quote of about 8.8 OTR Bangalore , which i think is pretty high. WIll speak to them and negotiate some more today or tomorrow.
By the way, time to add that to your signature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkg77 View Post
You should get sufficient information from this thread - Also there are lot of ownership reports of 90HP in teamfiat<dot>co<dot>in
THanks man, I have gone through all threads available on the Punto. I was just looking for Punto Sport reviews specifically as there are none yet in the forum, apart from the one which Parimal has posted. Will check TF site too Thanks for that, just didnt remember that one.

Last edited by sammyboy : 14th September 2012 at 13:39.
sammyboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2012, 18:25   #5314
BHPian
 
parimal_g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: MUMBAI
Posts: 434
Thanked: 173 Times
Default

Regarding the price even I was quoted 8.87 L where then he offered me 11 k discount and I did insurance from outside which saved Rs 8.5k as there was no offer on insurance.Insurance am having is HDFC And I got a coupon of 23.7 k from chroma. But check with Karthik he is getting good offer if you can combine your booking expect more discounts.:-)

Last edited by parimal_g : 14th September 2012 at 18:27.
parimal_g is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2012, 17:45   #5315
BHPian
 
sriramr9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 203
Thanked: 42 Times
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
I found that the engine coolant level in my car is quite a bit below the 'MIN' mark. The temperature guage, though, stays at the half-way mark during my short trips (~7km). When I talked to the SA on phone, he told me that I can top it up with water, using a cloth for filtering. I thought of using filtered water from our Aquaguard system, but had second thoughts when I saw the manual mentioning 'demineralized water'. Should I get distilled water from somewhere or is filtered water OK?
Please purchase PARAFLU coolant concentrate as per FIAT manual and mix in the ratio mentioned in the coolant can label and top it up. Mix it with distilled water (easily available in petrol pumps) and keep it handy. Once topped look for level stability. If you feel there is a reduction talk the TASS guys to inspect the linings.
sriramr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2012, 20:45   #5316
Senior - BHPian
 
KarthikK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,915
Thanked: 3,479 Times
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Parimal, thanks so much for taking out time to document the ownership and posting the pics of your beauty. These are the first proper pics i am seeing of the Sport and it really looks awesome.

I have been given a quote of about 8.8 OTR Bangalore , which i think is pretty high. WIll speak to them and negotiate some more today or tomorrow.
By the way, time to add that to your signature.
It should be much lesser than that. It should be like the quote I had PM'ed you about. This month, insurance is free + RSA is free and exchange bonus is around 15k. Your quote should be around 8.65K or so with the non-absolute scheme, if you take the insurance with them. It is future generali insurance there by the way.

Quote:
THanks man, I have gone through all threads available on the Punto. I was just looking for Punto Sport reviews specifically as there are none yet in the forum, apart from the one which Parimal has posted. Will check TF site too Thanks for that, just didnt remember that one.
Punto Sport reviews are non-existent at the moment. There isn't much to differentiate between the Sport and the earlier Emotion 90HP, apart from the costmetic add-ons like the pedals and decals, so we can use the 90HP threads for reference I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parimal_g View Post
But check with Karthik he is getting good offer if you can combine your booking expect more discounts.:-)
Ahoy there , I'm just back from Prerana motors after doing the booking for a Red Punto Sports (will be posting this soon in my what car? query thread). I went to the yard, and picked up one among the 3 available red punto sports, then finished an elaborate PDI too! I've made the token advance and reserved the car for myself; will be picking it up sometime around this month end or next month.

@Sammyboy, hurry up, offer open till stocks last! There were 2 more reds and 1 white, apart from mine at Prerana's stockyard.

Last edited by KarthikK : 15th September 2012 at 20:47.
KarthikK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2012, 21:08   #5317
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,444 Times
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Some pics of BHPian sidindica's brand new 2012 punto dynamic.

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-dsc01329.jpg

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-dsc01330.jpg

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-dsc01325.jpg

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-dsc01331.jpg

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-dsc01340.jpg
PAVAN KADAM is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2012, 22:59   #5318
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 220
Thanked: 268 Times
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

The car looks stunning! Brilliant pics too.

Which version is this? Has a new thread been put up for it? I sure want to read it.
trek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2012, 23:59   #5319
Senior - BHPian
 
download2live's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,101
Thanked: 387 Times
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Some pics of BHPian sidindica's brand new 2012 punto dynamic.
Waiting for Sidindica's poetic thread on this car. I recollect that he had a white one earlier. Once a FIATian always a FIATian, Eh?
download2live is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2012, 00:22   #5320
BHPian
 
parimal_g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: MUMBAI
Posts: 434
Thanked: 173 Times
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
Waiting for Sidindica's poetic thread on this car. I recollect that he had a white one earlier. Once a FIATian always a FIATian, Eh?
Yes he had white one earlier unfortunately lost in an accident, wheel caps looks very nice, wish they have alloys of the same pattern. yes and Fiat has magic, its always a heart decision, its like love is blind. And am loving my Grande..
The driving experience is magical, the car just feels extension of your body.
parimal_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2012, 11:05   #5321
Senior - BHPian
 
DRIV3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: India
Posts: 1,603
Thanked: 810 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by parimal_g

Yes he had white one earlier unfortunately lost in an accident, wheel caps looks very nice, wish they have alloys of the same pattern. yes and Fiat has magic, its always a heart decision, its like love is blind. And am loving my Grande..
The driving experience is magical, the car just feels extension of your body.
They are not wheel caps, mate, they are 16" alloy wheels of the T-Jet Plus, if am not wrong!

EDIT: Just noticed that they are wheel caps. Did not know that FIAT has wheels caps in this design.

Last edited by DRIV3R : 16th September 2012 at 11:07.
DRIV3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2012, 11:26   #5322
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,444 Times
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Here you go, some more shots.

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-img-13.jpg

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-img-23.jpg

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-img-18.jpg

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-img-29.jpg

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-img-20.jpg

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-img-31.jpg

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-img-36.jpg
PAVAN KADAM is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2012, 11:30   #5323
Senior - BHPian
 
akshay4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chandigarh/Mohali/Ambala Cantt
Posts: 3,758
Thanked: 1,520 Times
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
They are not wheel caps, mate, they are 16" alloy wheels of the T-Jet Plus, if am not wrong!

EDIT: Just noticed that they are wheel caps. Did not know that FIAT has wheels caps in this design.
Yes they are wheel caps,this design was exclusive to Linea Active Version.
Sid has upgraded wheels to 15 inches.
akshay4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2012, 12:25   #5324
Senior - BHPian
 
carwatcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bardez, Goa
Posts: 1,175
Thanked: 983 Times
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Yes they are wheel caps,this design was exclusive to Linea Active Version.
Sid has upgraded wheels to 15 inches.
I posted this pic of 2-door Punto sometime back. Glad to see that same wheelcaps are available here.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2839163 (Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review)
carwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2012, 12:26   #5325
BHPian
 
one-77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Thrissur
Posts: 357
Thanked: 198 Times
Default

I've thought these wheel covers were actually better than the ones available on the Dynamic and Emotion variants of the Linea. Would it be a good idea to get a set and swap the ones on my Linea?
They're showing signs of age anyway, with some small scratches an stains. And by the way it's quite an effort to clean brake dust from the Linea front wheel covers!

Last edited by one-77 : 16th September 2012 at 12:27.
one-77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fiat Abarth Punto - Test Drive & Review nkrishnap Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 228 18th May 2017 23:05
2014 Fiat Punto Evo - Test Drive & Review nkrishnap Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 95 5th May 2016 15:07
Grande Punto Facelift: From baby Maserati to Punto Evo EDIT: Punto 'My Life' on pg.7 sushanthr77 The International Automotive Scene 167 25th November 2011 12:02
Fiat Grande Punto and the new Fiat Sedan; Tata-Fiat JV jkdas The Indian Car Scene 37 4th March 2009 17:01


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:10.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks