Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2013, 15:29   #5611
BHPian
 
hiren.mistry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bombay, London
Posts: 830
Thanked: 121 Times
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
The 450 + 505 is the charges for cleaning brakes and general consumables. Not sure why was supposed to be charged. Otherwise the cost of the 15k service looks on par.

By the way which service center is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.MJet View Post
Nonetheless you must seek explanation from your dealer.
I will surely speak with them, the car was serviced a Om Sai Motors in Bombay, the same dealer from whom I got the car.

I also asked them not to do the wheel alignment and balancing as I prefer to get them done outside.

Regards
hiren.mistry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2013, 20:58   #5612
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 610
Thanked: 470 Times
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Guys, I got my Punto serviced by RDC Fiat today. Below is the summary.

First up, the positives

1. The technician who worked on the car was simply brilliant. His work was so meticulous that I felt so happy to have my car on his hands. Later, learnt it from him that he was working with Tafe Tata previously. Nice that Fiat got this fellow for them.

2. Every work done on the car was just perfect, be it oil change, filter change, brakes cleaning, washing, etc. Everything was very well done.

3. The workshop is just couple of days old, so it wasn't crowded. It is located in an easily accessible area too.

So, that very much sums up the positives. Now to the negatives.

1. A lot of employees are from Tata, so the dreaded Tata Virus is there. Not to an extent to scare people out of the service station, but it is there. Fiat, it's not enough to just create your own service centers, you need to create your own culture too!!

2. The workshop could get very cramped once it is opened to all. Right now, only a few know about its existence.

3. The way the entire workshop operated was very disorganized. I understand they are just couple days old, but hey, you should not invite your customers if you are not fully ready. Know this - there was no Fuel filter in stock and there was no ECU scanner too, but still I was invited.

I know I'm expecting a baby to behave like an adult. But in business, people don't mind whether you are a baby or an adult. Perform at your best or perish!

Hope Fiat learnt that and know that.

Wishing Fiat and RDC motors in this new endeavor of theirs! Hope they continue to make some brilliant cars and provide good service support to them.
CliffHanger is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2013, 01:02   #5613
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: India
Posts: 542
Thanked: 568 Times
Default

Was Engine Oil changed without fuel filter being replaced?

Also, the service isn't complete till the scanner detects no errors. You should drive in to Tafe to run the scans. Which service was this and how much did it cost?
Pedaltothefloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2013, 12:03   #5614
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 610
Thanked: 470 Times
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor View Post
Was Engine Oil changed without fuel filter being replaced?
Yes, I was told that only Fuel filters for 90HP is with them. I was asked to drop by any time after fuel filter arrives.

Side note - I asked for Mud Flaps only to be given the ever so classic and typical Fiat reply, "Sir, No stock!" :(

Quote:
Also, the service isn't complete till the scanner detects no errors. You should drive in to Tafe to run the scans. Which service was this and how much did it cost?
First, I forgot to narrate the following incident in my previos post.

The last time I had the service(15k one) in Tafe Reach, I had a huge huge fight with one particular SA. The car was delivered to me with a nasty water wash. No bird poop was cleaned and there were tar marks all over the doors.

When I confronted that SA, he had the audacity to reply, "Sir, your car was so full of dirt when you left it here, now it's far better". And that really drove me crazy to the point where I felt like thrashing him. I shouted at him and all the cleaners there, and had to get the car washed all over again with me supervising.

Ironically, I had to meet the same guy in RDC too. Psst!! First impression is the best impression, but for me it wasn't a good impression.

He was trying to be nice to me, but once trust is broken, it is hard to get it back. Frankly, I was disappointed with him this time too.

To answer to your questions - The previos service experience with Tafe was in bad taste so I couldn't convince myself to go there again. It is the 3rd service and was done in RDC motors, Chennai yesterday.
CliffHanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2013, 14:58   #5615
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 6,247
Thanked: 5,376 Times
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
...Ironically, I had to meet the same guy in RDC too. Psst!! First impression is the best impression, but for me it wasn't a good impression.

He was trying to be nice to me, but once trust is broken, it is hard to get it back. Frankly, I was disappointed with him this time too...
I know how do you feel. But I request you start with a blank page (in RDC) with the same guy. Since you had a bad experience, you could be tempted to find fault with the guy. Am not sure what trouble did you have in RDC since you did not put it down. You could also talk to him and give a feedback casually as to what do you expect from any SA and where did he fail!

If he was trying to be nice, he probably wants to forget the past and honestly improve upon. Everyone deserves a second chance and it's probably him NOT knowing where he needs to improve. Let's help him and see whether he indeed wants to improve. Let's NOT forget the stupid culture the other brand inculcates into these guys..

If you do NOT want to deal with the same SA, please check who is a good SA in RDC thru forums / fellow bhpians / friends / Fiat owners and make sure you take an appointment with them. This will ensure you have a better platform to start with.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 24th February 2013 at 15:01.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2013, 21:26   #5616
BHPian
 
lapis_lazuli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Zilla Ghaziabad
Posts: 416
Thanked: 404 Times
Exclamation Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Dear all,

I got my OBlue Punto 1.2 Dynamic serviced yesterday. The second "free" service. The odo was at 9700 odd and 360 days old. Now, there were no major issues to report and oil, filters were changed, checks done. I had reported some seat rattles and rear suspension check, for thuds and intermittent noise. It was supposedly fixed. I will post the detailed report later on, but, I have one query. After all the changes were done, the SA asked me out for a test drive. The car felt OK, just like before, a wee bit more refined. But after the wash, when the car was finally handed to me, I get this sharp jerk on removing my foot off the gas pedal. I can vouch there had been no further work done on the car after the test drive till the wash. They washed the engine bay as well with pressurized water!

I rely heavily on engine braking, so I normally put my foot off the gas when decelerating/braking or when changing gears. But I am feeling a sharp jerk with a mechanical noise now, when I take my foot off the accelerator pedal. It was initially happening on all gears, after some driving it is now only on the first to second gear transition. But if I rev up the engine to 2500-2700 and then take the foot off, to press clutch before the shift, there is no jerk. But my normal upshift is at 1800-2000, where there is a sharp jerk plus "clut" sound from somewhere. Any pointers? This phenomenon was completely absent before the service. Otherwise the car is fine; the DFCO seems to be acting earlier than before, the MID shows 50KM/L immediately on removing the foot from the gas, earlier it was about 3-4 seconds before 50KM/L (no consumption) used to appear.

PS: I will post all details later on, like which workshop, bill, experience etc. And yes, the engine has been filled with SELENIA WR 5W40 instead of Selenia K 5W40. Now what do I say, except that I still find the engine noise lesser than before service and the temperature gauge still hovers at the mid point, just like before the service. Otherwise, WR is ACEA B3/B4 grade, K is A3/B3 grade. So, not disjoint sets at least.

And yes, sidindica had brought his red punto for some checks as well!

Last edited by lapis_lazuli : 24th February 2013 at 21:47. Reason: added last line
lapis_lazuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2013, 00:02   #5617
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: India
Posts: 542
Thanked: 568 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli
Dear all,

I got my OBlue Punto 1.2 Dynamic serviced yesterday. The second "free" service. The odo was at 9700 odd and 360 days old. Now, there were no major issues to report and oil, filters were changed, checks done. I had reported some seat rattles and rear suspension check, for thuds and intermittent noise. It was supposedly fixed. I will post the detailed report later on, but, I have one query. After all the changes were done, the SA asked me out for a test drive. The car felt OK, just like before, a wee bit more refined. But after the wash, when the car was finally handed to me, I get this sharp jerk on removing my foot off the gas pedal. I can vouch there had been no further work done on the car after the test drive till the wash. They washed the engine bay as well with pressurized water!

I rely heavily on engine braking, so I normally put my foot off the gas when decelerating/braking or when changing gears. But I am feeling a sharp jerk with a mechanical noise now, when I take my foot off the accelerator pedal. It was initially happening on all gears, after some driving it is now only on the first to second gear transition. But if I rev up the engine to 2500-2700 and then take the foot off, to press clutch before the shift, there is no jerk. But my normal upshift is at 1800-2000, where there is a sharp jerk plus "clut" sound from somewhere. Any pointers? This phenomenon was completely absent before the service. Otherwise the car is fine; the DFCO seems to be acting earlier than before, the MID shows 50KM/L immediately on removing the foot from the gas, earlier it was about 3-4 seconds before 50KM/L (no consumption) used to appear.

PS: I will post all details later on, like which workshop, bill, experience etc. And yes, the engine has been filled with SELENIA WR 5W40 instead of Selenia K 5W40. Now what do I say, except that I still find the engine noise lesser than before service and the temperature gauge still hovers at the mid point, just like before the service. Otherwise, WR is ACEA B3/B4 grade, K is A3/B3 grade. So, not disjoint sets at least.

And yes, sidindica had brought his red punto for some checks as well!
Which city are you in?
Is the car shifting the weight to the front or the back, when you remove your foot of the gas pedal?
We're there any errors on the scanner?
Pedaltothefloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2013, 09:55   #5618
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 610
Thanked: 470 Times
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Hey, thanks Swiftnfurios, even I thought about your thoughts. Just put down the facts here for the benefit of others.

Now, coming back to the car's performance post 30,000km

This car is one divine piece of machinery, at least for me.

With a perfect service and the engine well run in and tires at their peak working conditions, had a blast yesterday driving the car from Madras to Bangalore.

There was a phenomenal throttle response between gears post service. I owe it to the clogged air filter replacement.

Another amazing thing about the 2012 Punto is the NVH, it's just so good. My 2009 Punto wasn't very good in this department at higher speeds, so that usually spoiled the driving experience.

I had driven various cars and more powerful ones in India and abroad, but the sheer joy this car brings out I'm yet to experience in any other car.

I don't think I will ever move out from Fiat loyalty, A.S.S be damned!!
CliffHanger is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2013, 11:13   #5619
BHPian
 
lapis_lazuli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Zilla Ghaziabad
Posts: 416
Thanked: 404 Times
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor View Post
Which city are you in?
We're there any errors on the scanner?
Hi, there were no errors on the scanner at least before the wash/during the service. Regarding which way the load is shifting, this I will check and let you know. I did not quite notice. But can you please explain the significance? I mean what it means if weight moving forward / backward. Are you implying the engine mounts?

I am located in New Delhi/Noida region.

And, thanks for your response!
lapis_lazuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2013, 19:47   #5620
BHPian
 
sriramr9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 193
Thanked: 40 Times
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

I was reading about armrests and wanted to find out if the FIAT LINEA's OE armrest be installed in the Punto. Does the armrest come with the Rear A/c vent as well ? Is yes, is there a way whether punto's existing HVAC system be configured to route chilled air through that vent, would be really cool if one can implement it.

Is the OE armrest and rear a/c vent are a single unit ?

Last edited by sriramr9 : 25th February 2013 at 19:50.
sriramr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2013, 19:54   #5621
Senior - BHPian
 
akshay4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chandigarh/Mohali/Ambala Cantt
Posts: 3,755
Thanked: 1,506 Times
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramr9 View Post
I was reading about armrests and wanted to find out if the FIAT LINEA's OE armrest be installed in the Punto. Does the armrest come with the Rear A/c vent as well ? Is yes, is there a way whether punto's existing HVAC system be configured to route chilled air through that vent, would be really cool if one can implement it.

Is the OE armrest and rear a/c vent are a single unit ?
Here you go
All answers here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...o-armrest.html
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2013, 21:22   #5622
Distinguished - BHPian
 
nkrishnap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,250
Thanked: 3,445 Times
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramr9 View Post
I was reading about armrests and wanted to find out if the FIAT LINEA's OE armrest be installed in the Punto. Does the armrest come with the Rear A/c vent as well ? Is yes, is there a way whether punto's existing HVAC system be configured to route chilled air through that vent, would be really cool if one can implement it.

Is the OE armrest and rear a/c vent are a single unit ?
The armrest is a good idea, but the rear A/C vents wont throw any air as the vent in the Punto is not routed for the rear A/C.

But do check the thread mentioned above to get more information.
nkrishnap is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2013, 21:38   #5623
BHPian
 
Biraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NCR
Posts: 545
Thanked: 956 Times
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
But my normal upshift is at 1800-2000, where there is a sharp jerk plus "clut" sound from somewhere. Any pointers? This phenomenon was completely absent before the service. Otherwise the car is fine; the DFCO seems to be acting earlier than before, the MID shows 50KM/L immediately on removing the foot from the gas, earlier it was about 3-4 seconds before 50KM/L (no consumption) used to appear.
Check, if resetting the ECU helps. If it doesn't then get it checked as there shouldn't be any shudder or jerk at 1800-2000 RPM. Fiat cars seem to love behaving weirdly after pressure wash. I once got the "Check no. plate light" alarm after a wash. The entire series of "AirBag failure" alarms also started after a pressure wash.
Biraj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2013, 03:42   #5624
BHPian
 
lapis_lazuli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Zilla Ghaziabad
Posts: 416
Thanked: 404 Times
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraj View Post
Check, if resetting the ECU helps.

OK. Will definitely try it out. Do you mean disconnecting the battery negative terminal for an hour or so? Or going to sector 1 workshop to get it reset? In case it is the former, do you know how to dis-engage the quick release lever of the battery negative terminal? I would be out of town starting today till I return to NCR on the 1st of March. I guess it has to wait till then.
Thanks for the tip, once again!
lapis_lazuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2013, 08:34   #5625
Senior - BHPian
 
akshay4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chandigarh/Mohali/Ambala Cantt
Posts: 3,755
Thanked: 1,506 Times
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraj View Post
Check, if resetting the ECU helps. If it doesn't then get it checked as there shouldn't be any shudder or jerk at 1800-2000 RPM. Fiat cars seem to love behaving weirdly after pressure wash. I once got the "Check no. plate light" alarm after a wash. The entire series of "AirBag failure" alarms also started after a pressure wash.
Airbag Failure messages have nothing to do with Pressure wash.
It comes up due to a weak battery,and yeah a weak battery may throw few other tantrums as well
akshay4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2014 Fiat Punto Evo - Test Drive & Review nkrishnap Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 95 5th May 2016 15:07
Fiat Abarth Punto - Test Drive & Review nkrishnap Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 227 4th April 2016 13:49
Grande Punto Facelift: From baby Maserati to Punto Evo EDIT: Punto 'My Life' on pg.7 sushanthr77 The International Automotive Scene 167 25th November 2011 12:02
Fiat Grande Punto and the new Fiat Sedan; Tata-Fiat JV jkdas The Indian Car Scene 37 4th March 2009 17:01


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:21.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks