Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2016, 11:56   #6751
Senior - BHPian
 
theexperthand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,330
Thanked: 1,029 Times
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudhindra View Post
I have booked Maruti baleno in May, however for the sake of my wife(who is behind punto) called up KHT to enquire Punto Evo emotion 75HP. SA said that Fiat will now be stopping production of 75HP and going forward only 90HP will be available in emotion and dynamic variants only. Can anyone confirm please?
So, did you do a test drive of Punto? If you don't mind, would like to know why wife favors Punto - it will be refreshing to get the view point, when almost any one I know don't even consider FIAT in their purchase plans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keroo1099 View Post
According to my latest info, they are setting up another Showroom/Service on a 2 acre plot close to Decathalon next to Phoenix Mall. Estimated time frame: 6 months.
Yes, that is what I read in the other forum, and I hope it becomes a reality soon.

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2016, 13:41   #6752
BHPian
 
drpullockaran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: ERNAKULAM
Posts: 941
Thanked: 308 Times
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramr9 View Post
Dr, request to please post pictures on how you opened the case to get access to obd and how you fixed it, can we close the plastic cover after fixing the elm in the port ?
My car is a Chevrolet Cruze where the OBD port is placed above the accelerator pedal on the dashboard.
drpullockaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2016, 11:49   #6753
BHPian
 
NFS2024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 466
Thanked: 63 Times
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
+1

I used to be a Prerana and then Vecto customer earlier, but shifted to KHT and have been a happy customer of KHT for last few years. When I went to Vecto in between for a running repair, I was not much satisfied.

The temporary setup of KHT is nothing much to write about and is really crowded, but the service is good. I hope they shift to a better setup soon (I know they have a plan to come up with a brand new showroom cum service center, hope it works out soon).

--Anoop
Can you pls let me know where this set up is and also the contact details for service booking? Even I have not been happy with Vecto and might want to try KHT this time.
NFS2024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2016, 13:59   #6754
Senior - BHPian
 
theexperthand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,330
Thanked: 1,029 Times
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
Can you pls let me know where this set up is and also the contact details for service booking? Even I have not been happy with Vecto and might want to try KHT this time.
This is at the KHT showroom itself, near to graphite signal, almost diagonally opposite to the Shell petrol bunk. There is no washing bay, so the car will not be washed after the service.

Phone number: 080-41121999 , 080-64510958

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2016, 11:38   #6755
BHPian
 
Sudhindra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 115
Thanked: 25 Times
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
So, did you do a test drive of Punto? If you don't mind, would like to know why wife favors Punto - it will be refreshing to get the view point, when almost any one I know don't even consider FIAT in their purchase plans.


--Anoop
No, i didnt took test drive.
Wife felt that punto was rock solid, well built and no concerns w.r.t safety, comfortable during long journeys and not bad on FE too. Plus the discount offered on punto evo made it look like a real VFM. We took a test drive of ford figo TDCI and I liked it. But for its on road price of 8.5Lacs, we found that we could get Punto at this price after good discounts.

Last edited by Sudhindra : 2nd August 2016 at 11:40.
Sudhindra is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2016, 12:41   #6756
Senior - BHPian
 
theexperthand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,330
Thanked: 1,029 Times
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudhindra View Post
No, i didnt took test drive.
Wife felt that punto was rock solid, well built and no concerns w.r.t safety, comfortable during long journeys and not bad on FE too. Plus the discount offered on punto evo made it look like a real VFM. We took a test drive of ford figo TDCI and I liked it. But for its on road price of 8.5Lacs, we found that we could get Punto at this price after good discounts.
I can personally vouch for each of these points. Most of my drives are on highways with family and sometimes with senior citizens and all have only good things to say about the comfort of Punto. My mother in law often says that she don't feel any fatigue or tiredness even after spending 7-8 hours in the car.

I usually gets a FE of around 20kmpl on long drives, even though I am not a light foot driver and is not usually concerned with FE. The car is built tough and feels safe and is perfect for highway drives.

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2016, 17:02   #6757
BHPian
 
nixie89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 36
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

Fellow teambhpians, today I was called by the Fiat ASS in Chennai to get the ECU flashed for my 90HP EVO 2016 model. It comes just in time when I am planning to take it for a 1500 kmtrs road trip next week. Has anyone else got the mapping done recently for their 90hp EVO. Guys at Fiat said this is the power tech update.
nixie89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2016, 16:28   #6758
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 677
Thanked: 168 Times
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

After every 6-8 months, the check engine light on my Punto 1.4 Petrol comes on suddenly, without warning. I call up Fiat ASS and they advise me to drive slowly and bring it to the service center the next day. Post the appointment, they put it down to low engine oil and the issue goes away after a top up. The 1.4 Petrol sure consumes a lot of oil. Does anyone else face the same issue?
coolkurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2016, 18:28   #6759
Senior - BHPian
 
khoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dilli
Posts: 2,722
Thanked: 1,248 Times
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

This is not usual at all for a Fiat. I owned a TJet+ for 4 years and not even once did I have to top up. The most obvious reason that comes to mind is faulty mounting of the oil filter. The placement of the filter in the petrol engines is a little difficult to reach and at times the filter is not screwed in properly. That will not let it seal against the sump and will allow some oil to seep out which manifests itself as the engine check light once the level goes below the set threshold.

Suggest that you have the service centre lift the car on the lift and have them check and if required reinstall the filter precisely. In the Jet the engine guard plate had to be removed and the mechanics were loathe to approach it, seems to be the case here too.


Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
After every 6-8 months, the check engine light on my Punto 1.4 Petrol comes on suddenly, without warning. I call up Fiat ASS and they advise me to drive slowly and bring it to the service center the next day. Post the appointment, they put it down to low engine oil and the issue goes away after a top up. The 1.4 Petrol sure consumes a lot of oil. Does anyone else face the same issue?
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2016, 14:04   #6760
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Pune
Posts: 173
Thanked: 212 Times
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Anyone aware about Jay Vijay Fiat, Pune being shut down in a month or two?
If that is true, then Pune will have one dealer / A.S.S. left to deal with.

Now the dilemma starts, to keep or not to keep my Punto.? and if 'keep' then how to 'keep' it in good condition.
DriveOnceMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2016, 16:30   #6761
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 173
Thanked: 46 Times
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
Anyone aware about Jay Vijay Fiat, Pune being shut down in a month or two?
If that is true, then Pune will have one dealer / A.S.S. left to deal with.

Now the dilemma starts, to keep or not to keep my Punto.? and if 'keep' then how to 'keep' it in good condition.
WHAT!! This is not done Fiat (or JayVijay!) They were the only one in the City. I think the SkyMoto is only in the Pimpri-Chinchwad?
dmplog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2016, 16:45   #6762
BHPian
 
drsingh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ludhiana
Posts: 655
Thanked: 437 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore
Anyone aware about Jay Vijay Fiat, Pune being shut down in a month or two?
If that is true, then Pune will have one dealer / A.S.S. left to deal with.

Now the dilemma starts, to keep or not to keep my Punto.? and if 'keep' then how to 'keep' it in good condition.
Check your localTata dealership that used to sell Fiat cars. They have the official fiat service tie ups in place.
drsingh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2016, 17:13   #6763
BHPian
 
sriramr9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 203
Thanked: 42 Times
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

I own a 2011 model 1.3 JTD Gen 1 Punto clocked almost 41500KM. 6500km back i switched to Shell Helix Ultra 5w40, Though the drive is smooth with additive and oil booster, i see a reduction in stick level, in 6 months the stick is showing only half the level, i filled the sump maintaining max level in stick.

I dont see a black/white smoke funny smell during cold starts/
i dont see any oil slick in my basement
i dont see turbo leaking oil
Coolant is still bright pink, no leak from oil cooler what so ever.
i have no pick up issues, drives well
i am getting a decent mileage 18 kmpl

Where do i start about to diagnose for the missing oil, if its not getting into the combustion chamber ? How come so much oil be lost in 6k km ?
sriramr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2016, 17:52   #6764
Senior - BHPian
 
sandeepmdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Varkala
Posts: 1,052
Thanked: 395 Times
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Guys, my Punto 90HP is a JAN 2014 model with an odo reading of 47000+ kms. A weird issue has surfaced since last week:

When I engage the reverse gear, the gear grinds and it is difficult to slot it into reverse. However, this happens only when the car is warmed up. No issue when I take the car out of my garage in mornings and no issue if I stopped the car for 30 or so minutes either.

For example: I took the car out today morning (no grinding), drove to drop my son off at the school (grinding noise when reversed), drove straight to bank and parked there for 35 minutes (no problem), came back home (bingo, "krrr...")

No issue with any other gear or clutch. (In fact, no other issue at all.) Car has undergone all routine services.

Advise? Thanks in advance.
sandeepmdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2016, 02:55   #6765
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 119
Thanked: 114 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramr9 View Post
I own a 2011 model 1.3 JTD Gen 1 Punto clocked almost 41500KM. 6500km back i switched to Shell Helix Ultra 5w40, Though the drive is smooth with additive and oil booster, i see a reduction in stick level, in 6 months the stick is showing only half the level, i filled the sump maintaining max level in stick.



I dont see a black/white smoke funny smell during cold starts/

i dont see any oil slick in my basement

i dont see turbo leaking oil

Coolant is still bright pink, no leak from oil cooler what so ever.

i have no pick up issues, drives well

i am getting a decent mileage 18 kmpl



Where do i start about to diagnose for the missing oil, if its not getting into the combustion chamber ? How come so much oil be lost in 6k km ?

Check the oil evaporator hoses and the turbo plumbing hoses. Turbo to intercooler and intercooler to intake set of hoses. MJD's don't like the slick synthetics for some reason. You may need a ramp/lift to observe. Wheel alignment infrastructure is the easiest place

Next stop - Open your intercooler and check the condensed vapors.

Hope it helps.
carrerastrax is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fiat Abarth Punto - Test Drive & Review nkrishnap Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 228 18th May 2017 23:05
2014 Fiat Punto Evo - Test Drive & Review nkrishnap Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 95 5th May 2016 15:07
Grande Punto Facelift: From baby Maserati to Punto Evo EDIT: Punto 'My Life' on pg.7 sushanthr77 The International Automotive Scene 167 25th November 2011 12:02
Fiat Grande Punto and the new Fiat Sedan; Tata-Fiat JV jkdas The Indian Car Scene 37 4th March 2009 17:01


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:07.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks