Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2016, 11:29   #6781
Senior - BHPian
 
DRIV3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: India
Posts: 1,545
Thanked: 747 Times
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by tud View Post
Last night, I pulled over my car (2011 Punto Emotion Pack) to park at a relative's. The parking place had a bike standing there, I got down to move it and when I got back and pulled my door handle, the car locked itself.

The car engine, music, ac were running. The headlamps were 'on'. Luckily my house was 6 kms away so I was able to go and get the spare key and unlock the car.

What happens is, whether the engine is running or not, whether the key is in the ignition hole or not, if I pull the driver side outside door handle, the car locks itself. This does not happen with any of the other outside door handles.

I have got down from the car multiple times in these 5 years with the key still in the ignition and the engine 'on' and this issue has never cropped up before. What could be the issue here? Has some spring on the outside handle gone bad and is acting cranky?

Any advice, inputs from you guys on this issue will be great.
BHPian h14 faced same issue in his Linea, this was due to a malfunction in the locking system.

Let's hear from him.
DRIV3R is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2016, 11:52   #6782
h14
BHPian
 
h14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: CBE/BLR
Posts: 718
Thanked: 1,057 Times
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
BHPian h14 faced same issue in his Linea, this was due to a malfunction in the locking system.

Let's hear from him.
Yep, same issue. But it was on the FL door for me. The issue would be either with the actuator or the latch itself. Both these would cause this issue. Check and replace the part accordingly.

Lucky you had the duplicate key nearby, I unfortunately didn't and had to break open :(

More on my incident and the fix are in here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post4037694 (Code6'd Fiat Linea MJD: Ownership Log @ 93,000 km!)

Last edited by h14 : 28th November 2016 at 11:59.
h14 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2016, 11:54   #6783
Distinguished - BHPian
 
hemanth.anand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 1,865
Thanked: 4,166 Times
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by tud View Post
Last night, I pulled over my car (2011 Punto Emotion Pack) to park at a relative's. The parking place had a bike standing there, I got down to move it and when I got back and pulled my door handle, the car locked itself.

The car engine, music, ac were running. The headlamps were 'on'. Luckily my house was 6 kms away so I was able to go and get the spare key and unlock the car.

What happens is, whether the engine is running or not, whether the key is in the ignition hole or not, if I pull the driver side outside door handle, the car locks itself. This does not happen with any of the other outside door handles.

I have got down from the car multiple times in these 5 years with the key still in the ignition and the engine 'on' and this issue has never cropped up before. What could be the issue here? Has some spring on the outside handle gone bad and is acting cranky?

Any advice, inputs from you guys on this issue will be great.
To me, it looks like a very minor issue.

I had faced a similar problem couple of year ago. The lock was acting crazy and used to lock and unlock according to its whims and fancies. The service centre guys took it out, gave it a nice bath in WD40 and it was ok. After that, the issue has not resurfaced.
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2016, 12:23   #6784
tud
BHPian
 
tud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 62
Thanked: 20 Times
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by h14 View Post
Yep, same issue. But it was on the FL door for me. The issue would be either with the actuator or the latch itself. Both these would cause this issue. Check and replace the part accordingly.
Thanks h14. The issue seems ditto. For me, the morning I did a similar step out and step in - things were just right. Evening, it decided its going to act up.
I'll see what the SC guys have to say now. I'll be taking it to RDC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
To me, it looks like a very minor issue.

I had faced a similar problem couple of year ago. The lock was acting crazy and used to lock and unlock according to its whims and fancies. The service centre guys took it out, gave it a nice bath in WD40 and it was ok. After that, the issue has not resurfaced.
Thanks hemanth for the WD40 pointer. I'll take this to SC and see how I can repair and use this.
tud is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2016, 21:46   #6785
BHPian
 
NFS2024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 456
Thanked: 61 Times
Default

Is it possible to retro fit the touch screen system available in the new Punto ? Has anyone done it ? Any other solution ?
NFS2024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2014 Fiat Punto Evo - Test Drive & Review nkrishnap Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 95 5th May 2016 15:07
Fiat Abarth Punto - Test Drive & Review nkrishnap Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 227 4th April 2016 13:49
Grande Punto Facelift: From baby Maserati to Punto Evo EDIT: Punto 'My Life' on pg.7 sushanthr77 The International Automotive Scene 167 25th November 2011 12:02
Fiat Grande Punto and the new Fiat Sedan; Tata-Fiat JV jkdas The Indian Car Scene 37 4th March 2009 17:01


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:36.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks