Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 29th July 2009, 15:20   #781
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~~VinZ~~ View Post
Is there anything that i need to make sure there? here is what i would do.
1) book the car (today)
Congrats, lakh lakh vadhaiyan. You were waiting for too long to get a good hatch and finally settled on a Punto.

Quote:
2) get the best deal in writing. (today)
Salesman may say he cant give in writing but insist on that, my salesman when i bought Linea refused to give me in writing, i wrote it myself on back of price sheet and showed it to a senior person at showroom he agreed to all accessories

Quote:
3) start shopping around for loan and insurance. Any suggestions here?
Loan i dont know which is best. Someone here said SBI is good and has false ill reputation for long approval times, 3 years back ICICI gave me loan for my Scorpio and it was a smooth process.

Insurance- tell your dealer in advance the quote you get from Bajaj Allianz is much lesser and you will get insurance done yourself. My dealer had increased 5k on insurance (after 10 days i had taken the price list and TD) and were intelligent enough to tell me Ex showroom prices have increased, showed them old price list and salesman went pale My Dealer at last moment did insurance for 15255 instead of 22400 as in price list after i threatened them of Bajaj again and again.
4) As per some posts here i think i shall go for bajaj allianz

Hope you get mats, body cover, mudflaps etc free. Dont expect much as the car is new and all accesories may nt be given.

Quote:
Oh, i thought the booking amount is 50k. Thanks for the information
Well yes, know what my dealer asked for 1L and i gave it on assurance i get my car within 10 days or booking cancel, they cancelled someone else's delivery and gave me my Linea before time, also i bought the car on cash down.
I think you can go with 50k, personally i feel 10k is too less.
coolboy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2009, 16:49   #782
BHPian

Quote:
Oh, i thought the booking amount is 50k. Thanks for the information.
50k is the standard booking amount for Punto across the country. I had paid the same in Pune.

For insurance go with Bajaj Allianz. But go directly to the company. Avoid all the middlemen and agents. I got the best quote directly from the company.
amoghchaphalkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2009, 16:52   #783

The Punto, without a doubt is one of the most viable hatches on the Indian roads. Let me take it a step further, as a matter of fact, I think it is THE hatch to buy if you are looking for a little bit of everything.
Or is it?
I see that no one here is mentioning the Skoda Fabia. I am a proud owner of the Fabia (although the Civic is my true and only love). I use it often in the Pune traffic and have realised that it is a dream to drive in the bumper to bumper rush hour traffic of the city. It gives me a fantastic average of about 19-21 kmpl with the AC in the city, although that might have something to do with the individual piece and the my driving style. Also, as far as the space is concerned, I think every BHPian would agree with me when I say that the Fabia without a doubt is the most spacious hatch on the Indian roads. There are a few other tiny things in favour of the Fabia too like the brand image, the cheerfull interiors etc. but that would be a bit off topic.
From what I have read, Shirish Chandran of OD also agrees to what I am saying, he too thinks that the Fabia is the ultimate hatch on the Indian roads..
civic.sense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2009, 21:55   #784
BHPian

@civic_sense, let's stick to the punto here. Te thread is for the punto and that is wy people talk about punto and not about fabia.

@All

I have booked my black punto MJD from prerana today. They have promised delivery in 10 days... Cant wait more

- Booking amount: 25000.
- On road price: 7,29857 (incl life time tax + insurance + extended warranty + regn)

- Corporate offer: 6000/- (my company is listed in A)
- Basic accessories like mud flaps, mats, ganesha and perfume. .
- I will go with bajaj allianz so i save there almost 4k.
- now comes the loan part. i am opting for a loan for 5.5 lac and here is what the tata finance scheme had to offer (AXIS)
- 5% pre closure charges.

- Fiance amount 550000
- Margin amount 64331
- LMF 3700 (what is this???)
- insurance 17927 (their price, i sahll check with bajaj)
- road tax 87849
- regn charges 4750
- extended warranty 5000

Tenor months EMI
36 17721/-
48 13960/-
60 11720/-

So if i go for 30 months then,

183557 + 1st EMI 17721 + (35 x 17721)

Now here are my questions
1) what is LMF?
2) how good is the loan deal from AXIS? what are the other good options for loan (SBI? corporation bank? ICICI?)
3) Does it come with 5 alloys or 4 alloys??
4) Any one has bajaj allianz guys direct contact number in bangalore?

Any thing else that needs to be taken care while shopping for loan and insurace? Anything else to be taken care in the dealership?
~~VinZ~~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2009, 22:37   #785
ada
BHPian

@ Vinz, congratulations on your booking of Punto, the emi of 17721 roughly indicates intrest rate of 10.25 p.c. SBI gives 8p.c for the first year, 10 p.c. for 2 years and then @ market rates, they are well known for slow processing, and I do not know how the market rates will be calculated. I took loan 2 months back for my Ritz from C.B.I @ 9.5 p.c, but the best part was there is no pre-closure charges. This is important for a salaried person if you get a bonus or raise etc.
ada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2009, 22:54   #786
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Corporate offer: 6000/- (my company is listed in A)
That's cool !

Quote:
- I will go with bajaj allianz so i save there almost 4k.
How does this work out? Do you take delivery of the car without the insurance and then get it done? Or is the car kept with the dealer after registration until the insurance is done?

Quote:
3) Does it come with 5 alloys or 4 alloys??
The Emotion+ Multijet TD car I drove, had 4 alloys. Spare was a steel wheel but had the same 195/15 tyre.
shuvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2009, 08:35   #787
BHPian

Congratz Vinz on booking the black beauty .
Not very techie to answer your questions but will have to go through the same process very soon..Keeping a close eye on your owning experience. Did you book it from Lalbagh or Sarjapur showroom?
Thanks.

-Vish
vishwask82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2009, 09:11   #788
BHPian

Default can modifications be done?

Hi GTO,

I am looking at Punto 1.3 Active model but want to know if ABS can be fitted if yes how much will it cost and can those tyres bereplaced with 15" one which are available in Emotion?

Thanks
asdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2009, 09:46   #789
BHPian

^^ tires/alloys can be replaced, but abs mostly is factory fitted!
jassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2009, 13:08   #790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ada View Post
@ Vinz, congratulations on your booking of Punto..., but the best part was there is no pre-closure charges. This is important for a salaried person if you get a bonus or raise etc.
Thanks Ada. Yes the preclosure is something that i asked him perticularly because most time they wont disclose that. I will be checking with SBI too

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
How does this work out? Do you take delivery of the car without the insurance and then get it done? Or is the car kept with the dealer after registration until the insurance is done?
Yes, Do the insurance after registration and take the car once it is done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishwask82 View Post
Congratz Vinz on booking the black beauty .
Not very techie to answer your questions but will have to go through the same process very soon..Keeping a close eye on your owning experience. Did you book it from Lalbagh or Sarjapur showroom?
Thanks.
-Vish
Thanks a lot. i loved both red and black but somehow my liking was too much towards black and also i felt the red is becoming a lot common. And i allways keep my uniqueness. A capri you see

I booked it in the Sarjapur road because it is closer to where i stay (HSR) and i heard a lot of good comments about them and specially about Uday. But unfortunately i could not meet him as he was sick.

@All

i have got the quote from Bajaj alliance just now. At first he kept 5% depreciated value and when i told him clearly i nee 100% as i know lot of people who got the same.

This is what he finally gave me

- 100% vehicle value covered i.e., 614331/-
- Insurance quote 13807/-

Coverages:
1) Owner driver - 2 lacks
2) each occupant - 2 lacks
3) paid driver - 50000/-
4) 3rd party property damage - 7.5 lacks
5) 3rd person death/disability - unlimited

At first he told me 14,900/- but when i insisted for price in 13k range he told me that he had put "PA unnamed coverages for 2 lacks" in my insurance which would be lesser or not there with my friends who got. True?

Whoever got from bajaj allianz, what is the price you got for and does coverages same?

But finally the quote he gave with PA un-named is 13807 for 100% vehicle value (ex showroom)

I feel its pretty good offer. help me
Old 30th July 2009, 13:13   #791
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
Hi GTO,

I am looking at Punto 1.3 Active model but want to know if ABS can be fitted if yes how much will it cost and can those tyres bereplaced with 15" one which are available in Emotion?

Thanks
It is always recommended to have factory fitted ABS. Aftermarket ABS fitting is not recommended at all. Please go in for Emotion which gives ABS as well as wider BS B250 tyres. Good VFM variant, you will never regret it. My BIL has bought the same and is very happy with it.
DieselFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2009, 18:17   #792
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Ada. Yes the preclosure is something that i asked him perticularly because most time they wont disclose that. I will be checking with SBI too

Yes, Do the insurance after registration and take the car once it is done.

Thanks a lot. i loved both red and black but somehow my liking was too much towards black and also i felt the red is becoming a lot common. And i allways keep my uniqueness. A capri you see

I booked it in the Sarjapur road because it is closer to where i stay (HSR) and i heard a lot of good comments about them and specially about Uday. But unfortunately i could not meet him as he was sick.

@All

i have got the quote from Bajaj alliance just now. At first he kept 5% depreciated value and when i told him clearly i nee 100% as i know lot of people who got the same.

This is what he finally gave me

- 100% vehicle value covered i.e., 614331/-
- Insurance quote 13807/-

Coverages:
1) Owner driver - 2 lacks
2) each occupant - 2 lacks
3) paid driver - 50000/-
4) 3rd party property damage - 7.5 lacks
5) 3rd person death/disability - unlimited

At first he told me 14,900/- but when i insisted for price in 13k range he told me that he had put "PA unnamed coverages for 2 lacks" in my insurance which would be lesser or not there with my friends who got. True?

Whoever got from bajaj allianz, what is the price you got for and does coverages same?

But finally the quote he gave with PA un-named is 13807 for 100% vehicle value (ex showroom)

I feel its pretty good offer. help me
Can you provide me that insurance guys number? the quote I am getting is in range of 18k to 20k..want to check before booking..
asdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2009, 18:31   #793
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
Can you provide me that insurance guys number? the quote I am getting is in range of 18k to 20k..want to check before booking..

Contact santhosh @ 0422 2646628.

He is the customer service guy from bajaj allianz.
Old 30th July 2009, 18:35   #794
BANNED

some of the insurance companies give a lesser quote. and they turn out to be more strict in the insurance claims and in the end you guys will loose more out of your own pocket. New india insurance is a very strict insurance company. keep away. United insurance is more lineant. reliance aslo is very good. .

in best interest for ease of claim, the best thing would be to opt for the insurance provider who has tie up with the dealer or manufacturer.

for example. New india insurance has the policy you should pay the whole repair or claim amount upfront and then based on their evaluationa nd estimate they will give you a claim cheque with alloted refund.

dont fall for the lower quote gimmik look around and then see the policy statement.

reliance and united insurance has the policy that they will deal with dealer directly all we have to do is pay remaining amount to dealer. this is more peacefull

can someone find out the amount of metal usage in the construction of the punto. as a percentage? better put together cars should have usage of 50% or more.[ this is a thumb rule in case of accidents the cars with more metal will definitely have lesser internal damage .
Thomas8700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2009, 23:51   #795
BHPian

Default Some extra Queries..

Hello,

I got some more queries which i hope to solve here...

1) Should I book/buy my Punto from a Marketing company?
**Addis Marketing (Vile Parle) with HDFC bank is offering me loan at 10.50% reducing approx 5.3 flat (what is this reducing value?). While the HDFC bank representative at any Fiat dealer is giving 12.50%. This marketing company will handle all paperwork and through them book the car for me from the leading punto dealer (wasan is who they said wil be). I'm preferring HDFC only. Loan for 3 yrs according to a total down payment of around 2.25 lacs. Has anyone heard of this "ADDIS MARKETING" company?? is it a genuine company??

The 1.4 feels underpowered so i thought i'd do some H-W on how could I increase the 1.4's power if i buy one.. which brought be to my next question:

2) I am confused with the 16v 1368 FIRE engine in india?
**According to wikipedia a FIAT 16v 1368 engine (since 2003) is a StarJet engine (frequently referred) in the old FIRE category. Why call this engine the FIRE if in the international market it is a StarJet?? (Fully Integrated Robotised Engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) Now in the international list of Grande Punto variants, the 1.4 16v petrol creates 94 hp/125 Nm torque (Fiat Grande Punto - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) while the indian 16v creates 90 hp/115Nm. Now the torque may be more due to a 6 speed gear box..

And if this FIRE engine is the StarJet version:

3) So what can we do to increase the power of the 1.4 engine??
**If this 1.4 is a StarJet category engine, will it be easier to Turbo charge it?? And like the diesel has a tuning box.. is there anything for the petrol engine to increase its power with minimal modifications?

My confusion between the diesel & petrol buy:

I Previously use to own a Indica Turbo DLX; loved the torque kick and the inter-cooled TDi engine's performance against most cars on the road..

I T-Drove the Multijet punto, but didnt impress me in terms of performance in city compared against my Turbo. T-Drove the 1.4 petrol punto, just loved the engine tone at higher rpm ; but performance was of a NA engine.(i know its a NA engine but i'm used to a Turbo engine) Now my turbo was of feb 07 done 45,000 kms and returned me 18km/L on the highway with ac when the turbo isnt spinning completely (approx just below 1800 rpm).. But in the city i get the turbo charger spinning; demanding the power i want at the cost of 8km/L mileage.. i know its less..

Now that was a diesel car, but if i get a petrol punto and drive like i do, that figure from 12 to may be down to 6.. which i will have to control..

But what i am really worried is that I am used to the early torque of a turbo charged engine and now driving the NA petrol wont be the same.. I love the way punto looks and will buy the same but with which engine should i go???

Sorry for the long post... but.. I feel most members might face similar questions before buying their punto..

And thanks for reading...
TC_aashay is offline   Reply With Quote