Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 3rd September 2009, 14:11   #1126
BHPian

@Comrade
I stand corrected on most of them. Confusing Linea variant features with Punto.
-Both Active and Dynamic do not have body coloured orvms and door handles
- I am sure the grill on the Active is black and silver on the emotion variants. You may be right that Dynamic is also black
-You are also right about the central locking ( Not there on the Active)
-I was told by the showroom guy that Autocop and one other brand for remote locking do not work on Punto.
-On the upholstery again I may be confusing what's available on Emotion with Dynamic. But for sure Dynamic has fabric in the door panels and Active does not.
Pragmites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2009, 17:29   #1127

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post
I don't think the active comes in 1.2 AND 1.4. There is some confusion

Morphean : 60k is a decent enough premium to pay for an upgraded engine (1.4) and interior + exterior features that you have already listed.

I stand corrected. Thanks.
morphean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2009, 08:23   #1128
BHPian

I just had a query. I know that the external mirrors are electronically adjustable in e.pack. But can the external mirrors be open/closed electronically too or does that have to be done manually?
Btw..I took the delivery of my Punto 1.4 Red E.Pack yest.
coolkurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2009, 09:31   #1129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
I just had a query. I know that the external mirrors are electronically adjustable in e.pack. But can the external mirrors be open/closed electronically too or does that have to be done manually?
Congrats for your beauty.

Waiting for a detailed ownership review. There aren't too many petrol Puntos here.
Gandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2009, 09:32   #1130
BHPian

Quote:
They have to be opened / closed manually

Congratulations on your purchase !!

Look forward to reading your review about the buying experience, initial ownership experience and some pictures.
amoghchaphalkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2009, 10:05   #1131
Senior - BHPian

Default Punto driving position - is it good for short people?

We are booking a Grande Punto 1.3 MJD Dynamic this week or next.

Since this car is going to be used by my father as well, he wanted to know how drivable it is for short people. (He is 5 feet 4 inches tall) He is very much used to driving the old Zen and so he is concerned about the big dashboard the space in the front and visibility (front).

I tried convincing him that it should be alright, but thought about asking it here. Any Punto drivers who can share their experience?

I test drove the Punto and Linea and didn't feel any issues with the driving position, except for the pedals placement.

Last edited by clevermax : 7th September 2009 at 10:07.
clevermax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2009, 10:57   #1132
BHPian

Congrats CoolKurt for Punto 1.4 FIRE, this is one of the best petrol hatchback in it's segment. I can say it loudly, because I own one and till now completed 1000 KM.

Waiting for a detailed review for others who are still undecided on the petrol hatch to buy.
Gallant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2009, 11:58   #1133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
We are booking a Grande Punto 1.3 MJD Dynamic this week or next.

Since this car is going to be used by my father as well, he wanted to know how drivable it is for short people. (He is 5 feet 4 inches tall) He is very much used to driving the old Zen and so he is concerned about the big dashboard the space in the front and visibility (front).

I tried convincing him that it should be alright, but thought about asking it here. Any Punto drivers who can share their experience?

I test drove the Punto and Linea and didn't feel any issues with the driving position, except for the pedals placement.
Did your father not test drive the car ? I guess most of your questions will be answered if your father test drives the car himself.

The dynamic does not have the driver seat height adjust feature. So I think it is important that your dad test drives the vehicle himself.

Else you could consider upgrading to Emotion. For the extra 40k you get a whole lot of additional features (including the height adjustable driver seat )
amoghchaphalkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2009, 13:30   #1134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post
Did your father not test drive the car ? I guess most of your questions will be answered if your father test drives the car himself.
My dad is yet to test drive the car, though I did. I want him to have the stylish Punto itself, and I need to make sure that he doesn't have the Ritz in his potential next car list.

Yes, lack of height adjustment is a negative, but he says the height of the driver's seat can be increased by about 1.5 inches when the (art) seat covers are installed, by putting additional cushions inside.
Old 7th September 2009, 17:32   #1135
BHPian

Thanks a lot guys!
I waited almost 1.5 months for the car to be delivered, but you know what? The worst is yet to come. Because dad isn't allowing me to drive the car till the 20th or something of this month due to some religious purposes (Read: 'shraadh')!! Now can you imagine a scenario in which your dream car, the one you've waited ages for, is parked right in front of your eyes, every single day, and all you can do is drool over it! :P Kindly sympathise with me!
So you all ( and me too!) will have to wait for a couple of weeks to be able to read about my ownership experience.
coolkurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2009, 22:41   #1136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot guys!
I waited almost 1.5 months for the car to be delivered, but you know what? The worst is yet to come. Because dad isn't allowing me to drive the car till the 20th or something of this month due to some religious purposes (Read: 'shraadh')!! Now can you imagine a scenario in which your dream car, the one you've waited ages for, is parked right in front of your eyes, every single day, and all you can do is drool over it! :P Kindly sympathise with me!
So you all ( and me too!) will have to wait for a couple of weeks to be able to read about my ownership experience.
You are definitely in a difficult situation... This makes me remember my dad not letting me drive the car outside our premises until I had the learner's license taken at the age of 19 or so.
Old 8th September 2009, 12:27   #1137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Agreed. When cruising at 110 kph, the sound was okay. But when working through the gears, the diesel's drone is on the louder side, even in lower gears.
Can this be because of the exhaust placement, design, etc.
Exhaust Noise/Drone - Diesel Forum - The Diesel Stop.com

4 Inch Inlet/Outlet Muffler - Drone Reduction - Page 2 - Diesel Forum - The Diesel Stop.com
rajatsingh78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2009, 13:17   #1138
Shivashara

Quote:
Thanks a lot guys!
First congrats for new car then sorry that you can't touch her for couple of days, anyway this time will also pass very soon and then you will be able to enjoy her. What color of dress she is wearing and how rich she is ?

Last edited by Shivashara : 8th September 2009 at 13:22.
Old 8th September 2009, 15:20   #1139
BHPian

I know a lot of people are waiting for my black beauty punto MJD emotion pack. I will re-open my thread once i have time to write down the ownership report.

I completed 1000 KM in the morning today (in 10 days) and she is smooth and smoother now.

Some pointers:
1) Day before yesterday morning when i was taking my car out i saw my left mirror was hanging out.

2) The quality of paint finish is not good in the corners and gaps.

3) Plastic fitting is very bad.

4) Front bumper is very low that it keep touching down when there is a bad pot hole (bangalore u see)

5) I feel the gear box is not fixed properly. There is a slight movement in the gear box when driving in 3rd and 4th gear.

6) Driver seat got jammed when tilted to front completely yesterday for cleaning. I had to call service people.

What i am loving:

1) Smooth drive
2) Second look guarenteed.
3) blue & me
4) Fresh look
5) The maserati look in the front
6) Space
7) Power
8) Handling

Comments from friends family and colleagues
1) Woow She is hautt
2) Does not feel like diesel car (almost all said this)
3) Worth the money
4) She is full of features and you got hte right choice
5) Congrats on your buy, FIAT is hte best you can have
6) Man, I am tempted to sell my swift now
7) Its a very spacios car (almost 5 people said this the moment they got in)
8) The drivers seat gives a feel of Cock pit in the night.
9) It will be a pleasure driving her.
10) Manager: Vinod is not getting out of the car. Nothing wrong in it, i would have done the same if i own that (He drives City)

Some of the Swift and i20 buyers moved to punto after seeing my black beauty.

NOTE: Complete ownership report and pintures will be uploaded in couple of days in my thread. keep it tuned, till then lemme tune her
~~VinZ~~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2009, 16:34   #1140
BHPian

Hey Vinz,

Congrats and good to know that you have already clocked 1000 km in 10 days. Looking forward to your detailed report and would specifically like to know on your plans for maintaining the black colour.

The minor niggles seems to be an issue from day one in all puntos. It is such a pity that an excellent product gets undermined for such small issues which can easily be avoided by FIAT.
pats is offline   Reply With Quote