Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 18th October 2009, 11:39   #346
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegman View Post
Hi Karan,
How would you compare the space in the front and at the back between the Corolla [not altis] and the Cruze? Ive traveled at length in the Corolla and found both space and comfort pretty good, is the Cruze better/worse/as-good?

Im TDing the Cruze next week in Pune, and from what Ive heard, the car is awesome...been following the car from the initial design sketches!!

Thanks
Front is more involving than the corolla it sure feels more spacious too. Loved the seats which are very much body hugging and comfy (no lumbar support - i.e. on Laura)

Rear space,legroom is pretty much Corolla size feels as spacious as the corolla does. The thigh support is better than the Corolla. Legroom is better than the Lauras. As many have already pointed the rear HEADROOM is the only drawback in the Cruze.

Last edited by karan561 : 18th October 2009 at 11:49.
karan561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2009, 12:29   #347
BHPian

How easy/difficult is it to drive Cruze in congested city roads ? How does it handle sharp turns and bumper-to-bumper / stop-go-stop traffic ?
sabynag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2009, 20:52   #348
BHPian

while getting out after dinner from le merdian last night i saw chevy cruze just pulling over in front of me. and i was like wow this looks cool.
deliveries started i guess. it was in white, looks big, and sporty. awesome!!
Caramelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2009, 21:39   #349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Have booked a White LTZ a week back too. Delivery status will be updated by mid next week.
Hey.. Whats the onroad price. Also are you taking an ex-mumbai booking (with octroi) or an ex-thane (without octroi)
an_and is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2009, 01:35   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Front is more involving than the corolla it sure feels more spacious too. Loved the seats which are very much body hugging and comfy (no lumbar support - i.e. on Laura)

Rear space,legroom is pretty much Corolla size feels as spacious as the corolla does. The thigh support is better than the Corolla. Legroom is better than the Lauras. As many have already pointed the rear HEADROOM is the only drawback in the Cruze.
im 6'3 so im pretty sure the back of the cruze wont be too good for me...atleast headroom wise although i seriously doubt that i will be in the car and not driving, so im not too bothered by it.

cant wait till i test drive the car next week
thegman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2009, 12:45   #351
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by an_and View Post
Hey.. Whats the onroad price. Also are you taking an ex-mumbai booking (with octroi) or an ex-thane (without octroi)
I will be registering my car on " DN " passing, no idea about the On road Mumbai cost.
Old 19th October 2009, 15:20   #352
Senior - BHPian

Chevy diesels have always been impessive performers. First they launched the Magnum which maynot have been as powerful as this but still managed a 9.8 sec run to 100kmph.

These Turbo-Charged Diesels seem to be best bet for people looking for performance along with FE.

Shan2nu
Shan2nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2009, 18:03   #353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegman View Post
im 6'3 so im pretty sure the back of the cruze wont be too good for me...atleast headroom wise although i seriously doubt that i will be in the car and not driving, so im not too bothered by it.
I am 6'1, and I felt the rear headroom a little cramped. But like you, I am not going to spend a lot of time in the rear, so not worried.

I want to change the rubber before I take delivery, as I am not too keen on the OE, any suggestions?
rosh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2009, 20:18   #354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh2 View Post
I am 6'1, and I felt the rear headroom a little cramped. But like you, I am not going to spend a lot of time in the rear, so not worried.

I want to change the rubber before I take delivery, as I am not too keen on the OE, any suggestions?

guys don't worry about the cramped rear thing. swifts have cramped rear. but they sell like anything. (just giving example.). so its the one small fact that is annoying but i think pros and cons are always gonna be there. this shouldn't spoil the decision making process.

i am no expert on , but i know for a fact that Michelin and Yoko are nice and silent. Michelin is expensive but has quality. yokos are lil cheaper but VFM. senior members will be more capable of telling you specific stuff.

Last edited by Caramelo : 19th October 2009 at 20:23.
Caramelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2009, 20:46   #355
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
First up is the 5th gear 40-100 kph roll on. At 40kmph, as you stomp the pedal to touch 100kmph in 5th, it takes a whopping 38.8 seconds.
Tanveer, for what its worth, I tried the same in my C220 (less horsepower + more weight). The car took 22 seconds for the 5th gear 40 - 100 roll on. The same run in 2nd / upshift to 3rd gear (more suitable for that speed) took a about 6 seconds. Note that the C has near zero lag, a 6th gear (ratios better spaced out) and my timings were entirely stop watch based (leaving room for error).
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2009, 11:41   #356
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Tanveer, for what its worth, I tried the same in my C220 (less horsepower + more weight). The car took 22 seconds for the 5th gear 40 - 100 roll on. The same run in 2nd / upshift to 3rd gear (more suitable for that speed) took a about 6 seconds. Note that the C has near zero lag, a 6th gear (ratios better spaced out) and my timings were entirely stop watch based (leaving room for error).
Great Work. Cruze deserved a 6 speed M/T to overcome all the turbo-lag issues + an increased mileage.

P.S. - In fact the previous post should be shown to GM and they should get our 5 speed trannys replaced by 6 speed UNDER WARRANTY
Old 20th October 2009, 11:55   #357
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Exactly, the roll on times in Cruze are very bad due to the tall gearing and turbo lag, but once you know which gear to engage, she is indeed a rocket.
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2009, 11:56   #358
Senior - BHPian

I wouldn't worry too much about the turbo lag. Once you get used to it, you will automatically start downshifting to a lower gear. I mean, how hard can it be to maintain an rpm above 1700?

The Chevy seems to be great in most departments. The only thing i'd like to see is the long term reliability and resale value.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 20th October 2009 at 11:58.
Shan2nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2009, 12:07   #359

This car definitely is one huge step for cars in this segment. One thing however i did not like was that they cut cost on the screen at the center of the dashboard. They could have included a colour screen like in the cruze available outside Indua. It would have increased the cost by a few thousand, but would have also increased the value of this car way further. I strongly feel they should have included this option in the top end. Dont know why all manufacturers are stingy in this one place (except mitsu for Cedia)
mindbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2009, 12:09   #360
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
I mean, how hard can it be to maintain an rpm above 1700?
Evidently not too hard for Vtec owners . I had a recent splash & dash trip to Pune. Member R.P.M., who was riding shotgun, commented "The revv needle has stayed above 5,000 rpms for a majority of the drive"
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote