Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 8th March 2012, 13:02   #736
Team-BHP Support

Default re: Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 2.0 Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
Mobike,

I understand that this may have only afflicted certain cars, but do you know when the problem was resolved? My car's manufacturing date is Jan 2012 so I'm wondering if this issue was resolved earlier.
(In any case I'm going to check this out today when I get home).
I am visiting the dealership on saturday to get my brake caliper dampner replaced.

Will find out the details and let you know
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2012, 14:50   #737
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
When your in standstill position. Engage reverse gear and leave the clutch when the car is reversing, if you hear carefully there is a light wheezing noise ( cannot be heard in traffic condition or if music is playing)

This problem is not with all Cruzes. Dealerships were given a mandate to immediately replace the brake caliper dampners for both rear wheels if any customer complains. The set costs Rs.54,000 !!!
I have had this exact problem since past 6 months. Every time I complained to the service reps, they said they will look into it and on delivery would say they have rectified the issue. A week later the noise is back. Granted I don't drive in reverse often but it gets really annoying when a 'rectified' issue keeps cropping up again and again.

Similarly I have a stuck clutch issue. When going from 2nd gear to 3rd, on release of clutch the clutch gets stuck mid way. I have to put my foot under the pedal and lift it to bring it back to normal position. Has anyone else faced this issue?
SedatedDrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2012, 20:50   #738
BHPian

Quote:

You shouldnt go for a Cruze if your :-

1. Stickler for interior quality
2. A non-enthusiastic driver
3. Have a large family with most of them 6-footers
4. Or, a quintessential office-goer who uses his car from A-Z just as transportation
Can you elaborate on the interior quality point? Is it bad? I'm considering the LT for my next purchase, but I hate rattling and squeaking noises from a car.

Also, Which tyres would you recommend for once in a month highway trips, regular city usage, on roads which have millions of undulations.
DeKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2012, 18:13   #739
BANNED

Default Chevrolet Cruze facelift revealed

Apologies if this was posted already:

To quote from: Chevrolet Cruze facelift revealed - News - Autocar India

Chevrolet has launched the Cruze Station Wagon at the Geneva Motor show. This model represents the latest body style of Chevrolet’s most popular global model, the Cruze, and complements the saloon. The wagon may not make it to our shores, but the styling updates have filtered down to the Cruze saloon.

The mid-cycle facelift includes a wider chin, vertically aligned fog lamps clusters, and the grille gets a slight update – a new ‘razor wire’ like design replaces the earlier honeycomb styling. While the headlamp’s shape remains the same, it now features clear-lens treatment and silver-reflector material replaces the black plastic. This surely gives the Cruze a more up-market look. New alloy-wheel designs will be included to complete the exterior styling upgrades.

The interiors receive a re-designed rear seats that help improve rear-headroom. The Station Wagon is powered by a 130bhp 1.7-litre VCDi engine; however, whether this makes it to our market is yet to be seen. Its highly likely that the Cruze facelift coming our way will be powered by a 2.0-litre VCDi diesel motor, with a power bump up to 163bhp
Attached Images

kryptonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2012, 19:53   #740
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
According to him, GM has asked all dealers to immediately replace the brake caliper dampners for rear brakes for both wheels if any customer complains of same for FREE OF COST

Now wait to hear the cost

Each brake caliper damper set costs a whopping Rs.27,000 on each wheel
Would be great if you can post a pic of this damper. Curious to see this 27,000 rupee part!
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2012, 21:22   #741
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Would be great if you can post a pic of this damper. Curious to see this 27,000 rupee part!
Here you go. Actually its 23K for both wheels

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2710134
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2012, 18:51   #742
BHPian

Hello,
I just got my Cruze three days ago. But I was surprised to find that the rear seats dont have the split option or even the fold option. But in the older cars this was available.
Does anybody know when this was stopped?

And in any case, now the Chevrolet Cruze does not come with split rear seat or even the foldable seats.
rangakishen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2012, 14:41   #743
Senior - BHPian

Here is a rough picture of the new pedals my colleague has installed in his Cruze.

He bought those online for Rs 2000 approx, inclusive of shipping. The package also had a metallic dead pedal, but it seems the Indian Cruze does not have a dead pedal.

Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 2.0 Diesel : Test Drive & Review-cruze_pedals..jpg
vnabhi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2012, 14:20   #744
Senior - BHPian

Chevrolet announces 1.7 litre VCDI motor for Cruze | Motoroids

Please peruse the above link for a new diesel mill for the Cruze - 1.7L, 130PS, 300Nm which will be on sale in UK. The mileage is also on the higher side ~ 22 kmpl.

Hope this makes in India soon.
CARDEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2012, 12:23   #745

Unhappy Help - Cruze - 100,000 km warranty, Sundaram Motors and GM

Hello:
I own a Cruze - 40,000KM and into its second year.
GM mandates that we take the car for checkup every 5,000 KM (mandatory - else we risk losing the 3-year, 100,000 Km warranty).

This time when I took the vehicle for servicing, I was told that all brake pads are "weak" and have to be replaced (Rs.18,000) and the discs "machined" as they were pitted.
That was to cost another 2,000 Plus labour

Can someone tell me whether these charges are reasonable. Why do all 4 brake pads have to be replaced? That too twice within 40,000 Km?
Is GM fair in forcing us to replace the pads with them due to the warranty? If the pads are not covered under warranty - shouldn't the discs be?

Apart from this, each time I take the car for a 5,000 km checkup - I am being charged anywhere between Rs.2,000 and Rs.4,000 as charges for checkup. This is absurd as GM demands we bring the car for a preventive checkup so that they minimize their costs on providing a 100,000 Km warranty.

Any suggestions, opinions would greatly help. Really confused.

Regards,
Madhu
madhurules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2012, 13:12   #746
BHPian

Default Re: Help - Cruze - 100,000 km warranty, Sundaram Motors and GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhurules View Post
Hello:
I own a Cruze - 40,000KM and into its second year.
GM mandates that we take the car for checkup every 5,000 KM (mandatory - else we risk losing the 3-year, 100,000 Km warranty).

This time when I took the vehicle for servicing, I was told that all brake pads are "weak" and have to be replaced (Rs.18,000) and the discs "machined" as they were pitted.
That was to cost another 2,000 Plus labour

Can someone tell me whether these charges are reasonable. Why do all 4 brake pads have to be replaced? That too twice within 40,000 Km?
Is GM fair in forcing us to replace the pads with them due to the warranty? If the pads are not covered under warranty - shouldn't the discs be?

Apart from this, each time I take the car for a 5,000 km checkup - I am being charged anywhere between Rs.2,000 and Rs.4,000 as charges for checkup. This is absurd as GM demands we bring the car for a preventive checkup so that they minimize their costs on providing a 100,000 Km warranty.

Any suggestions, opinions would greatly help. Really confused.

Regards,
Madhu

The Brake Pads in the Cruze wear out pretty fast and its normal that you have been asked to replace twice in 40000kms. The brake pads last only about 20000kms in most Cruze cars. I had also replaced twice in 40K run all the 4 brake pads. As for the discs yes at 40000kms they need to be machined and re fitted. I was not as lucky as at 40000kms I had to replace the brake discs as well, as they were worn out badly.

The price quoted is accurate.

These parts are not covered under the 100000km manufacturers warranty as they fall under the wear and tear category.

As for the 5000km service interval for the Cruze, even I do not like this as in other diesel cars like the Laura Jetta and Linea the service interval is at every 15000kms. But GM has set at 5000kms check up's which is absurd though the oil change is every 15000kms.

And as you said correctly there is a rider If we do not get the Cruze checked up every 5K then the warranty does not apply! Though I took a chance and got my Cruze serviced at 30000kms and next at 41000kms skipping the 35000kms. Nothing untoward happened and the service guys also did not raise any issue with the warranty aspect. But again I had to get it serviced at 45000kms as its the oil change service. Henceforth I have been servicing every 5000kms in order to avoid any risks.

I feel as the car clocks higher mileage its wise to get the service done as per schedule listed in the owners manual.
sameer sultan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2012, 15:18   #747
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Are you serious? Brake pads on a Cruze last 20000 kms?? That's approximately 12500miles. Is this a problem with the Cruze? My last set of pads lasted me about 45000 Miles!! And I am still on my first set of disk at 65000 Miles.
Samir Taheer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2012, 15:28   #748
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer sultan View Post
Though I took a chance and got my Cruze serviced at 30000kms and next at 41000 kms skipping the 35000kms. Nothing untoward happened and the service guys also did not raise any issue with the warranty aspect.

Issues with the warranty crop up as soon as some problem occurs that should ideally be covered under warranty. Then they might try to use the missed service as an excuse to charge you.
revintup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2012, 15:40   #749
BHPian

the cost of machining disks, and of brake pads are accurate. what concerns me here is the 2000-4000 INR charged to you at every 5000 km checkup. what do they check during these inspections? if you have any bills for the same, please scan and post it here.
for someone who drives 1200 km per month, this check up cost results into approx. 1000 INR per month just to keep the extended warranty which IMHO is absurd.
infotech58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2012, 18:50   #750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir Taheer View Post
Are you serious? Brake pads on a Cruze last 20000 kms?? That's approximately 12500miles. Is this a problem with the Cruze? My last set of pads lasted me about 45000 Miles!! And I am still on my first set of disk at 65000 Miles.
Yes - the dealer says its normal. I find it hard to digest. They are probably providing "under-rated" brake pads for the kind of vehicle/speeds. It probably means they are overpricing consumables to cover their 100,000 Km warranty. that's the only plausible explanation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by infotech58 View Post
the cost of machining disks, and of brake pads are accurate. what concerns me here is the 2000-4000 INR charged to you at every 5000 km checkup. what do they check during these inspections? if you have any bills for the same, please scan and post it here.
for someone who drives 1200 km per month, this check up cost results into approx. 1000 INR per month just to keep the extended warranty which IMHO is absurd.
Hi:
Each 5,000 Kms I am being quoted the following:
Service: 900 apparently to check if that car is okay
Brake pads inspection: 600 - to check if the brake pads are worn out
water wash: 400 - acceptable
External Labor: 600 (What's that - for the guy who wipes the car as I am taking delivery?)
Plus there have been misc charges.
These add upto 2,500 minimum on all bills (especially the ones were there is no oils change etc)

will try to scan the bill and post it.
Madhu

Last edited by mobike008 : 15th May 2012 at 11:33. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use EDIT button if posting a new post within 30 minutes of previous one.
madhurules is offline   Reply With Quote