Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2015, 13:47   #1561
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 1,477
Thanked: 158 Times
Default Re: Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhu33 View Post
Quoting my post from the other thread for the benefit of fellow Manza owners
looking at changing the tyres:
Goodyear tyres are known for being noisy and they are hard tyres and will run for longer time.
gowda79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2015, 19:12   #1562
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Hawaii, Alleppe
Posts: 61
Thanked: 20 Times
Default Re: Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by power ranger View Post
straight line stability Manza offered. I am telling this inspite of driving some of the big German names in Germany !!

Manza was fantastic at high speeds and could even touch upto 160 km/hr and still hold its own in terms of stability !!
Hi power ranger and Madhu, I too own a Manza but I am surprised to hear that the Manza offers great stability at high speeds. I am really really afraid to take that car beyond 90 KM/Hr even on straight roads. At that speed I feel the car behaves like a boat. Even when overtaking and changing lanes at that speed on a straight road I can feel the body roll. Do all who owns or drove a Manza in this forum feel the car is great at high speeds? If so, I need to check my car's suspension. Any suggestions?

Last edited by sreerknair : 31st May 2015 at 19:24.
sreerknair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2015, 20:42   #1563
BHPian
 
torquecurve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 598
Thanked: 629 Times
Default Re: Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerknair View Post
Hi power ranger and Madhu, I too own a Manza but I am surprised to hear that the Manza offers great stability at high speeds. I am really really afraid to take that car beyond 90 KM/Hr even on straight roads. At that speed I feel the car behaves like a boat. Even when overtaking and changing lanes at that speed on a straight road I can feel the body roll. Do all who owns or drove a Manza in this forum feel the car is great at high speeds? If so, I need to check my car's suspension. Any suggestions?
Though discussions on speeding and speed in general are forbidden on the forum, I have done decent highway speeds in the Manza. It does have this ability to make you feel a bit nervous, but nothing much, the steering is very well calibrated. Extremely stable at 110-120 kmph as well. I have driven an Avenger and Mazda 3 when in the US, and this is comparable to it in driving dynamics. Pretty comfortable to boot. It does feel better when it is a bit loaded though.

Last edited by torquecurve : 31st May 2015 at 20:43.
torquecurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2015, 20:48   #1564
BHPian
 
sathish81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 132
Thanked: 64 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerknair View Post
Hi power ranger and Madhu, I too own a Manza but I am surprised to hear that the Manza offers great stability at high speeds. I am really really afraid to take that car beyond 90 KM/Hr even on straight roads.
Hi!I have a 2010 manza with 50k+ on the odo. I have never felt stability to be an issue (agreed car has numerous other minor quirks). I average at about 120kph on highways - the car feels very stable. I am guessing you might not have replaced the anti roll bar bush and that is the reason car feels like boat. Tata issued a recall for this few years ago for few batches of manza (mine was one of affected ones). You might want to talk to Tata A.S.S about this issue you are facing.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 31st May 2015 at 21:34. Reason: Removed references of high speed.
sathish81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2015, 21:25   #1565
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Bombay
Posts: 269
Thanked: 195 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerknair View Post
straight road I can feel the body roll. Do all who owns or drove a Manza in this forum feel the car is great at high speeds? If so, I need to check my car's suspension. Any suggestions?
No way. Manza is brilliant at highway speeds. Get your suspension checked.
anilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2015, 15:25   #1566
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Hawaii, Alleppe
Posts: 61
Thanked: 20 Times
Default Re: Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquecurve View Post
Extremely stable at 110-120 kmph as well. I have driven an Avenger and Mazda 3 when in the US, and this is comparable to it in driving dynamics. Pretty comfortable to boot. It does feel better when it is a bit loaded though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sathish81 View Post
I am guessing you might not have replaced the anti roll bar bush and that is the reason car feels like boat. Tata issued a recall for this few years ago for few batches of manza (mine was one of affected ones).
Quote:
Originally Posted by anilp View Post
No way. Manza is brilliant at highway speeds. Get your suspension checked.
Thanks guys. While the recall was on, during a regular service I had checked with TASS on the anti roll bar bush. And after the service the SA mentioned that it is replaced. Damn, the only thing I hate in Manza is this boat like ride. Seems it was only in my car and I could have addressed it earlier. I will take it to TASS soon.
sreerknair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2015, 16:17   #1567
BHPian
 
madhu33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 336
Thanked: 293 Times
Default Re: Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhu33 View Post
Driving the Manza for 4 years .-56000kms done so far
Yesterday have switched the tyres to Goodyear Duraplus 185-60 R15.
Cost Rs 4150/-
(per tyre including new valves , fitting alignment and balancing + weights. )
Tyre Shop : Straighline - Mr Trevor -Santacruz Mumbai
.
Correction in my above post.
The Good year Duraplus - 185-60-R15 costed me Rs3750/- per tyre and not 4150/- per tyre.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 1st June 2015 at 16:47. Reason: Correcting quotes.
madhu33 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2015, 12:31   #1568
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 111
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Hello guys .. Did tata issue a soft recall or something like that for the anti rollbar? How can I check if I can avail that?
Viper21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2015, 13:47   #1569
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: "Luck-City", TS
Posts: 693
Thanked: 342 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper21 View Post
Hello guys .. Did tata issue a soft recall or something like that for the anti rollbar? How can I check if I can avail that?
The ASS were supposed to replace during regular service. Owners were not informed.
hyd_traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2015, 14:52   #1570
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 111
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Yeah that's the issue. Let me write an email and check it out. Thanks as always....
Viper21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2015, 19:28   #1571
BHPian
 
Dr.Suraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 573
Thanked: 991 Times
Default Re: Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review

The Anti-roll bar bush - was replaced FOC by all service centres!

Wonder how you missed it.

That MUST be the issue - because I have never faced any issue with the ride quality in the Manza & have never heard anyone else complaining either.

Not promoting high speeds or rash driving - but I have been on 300+ km trips regularly - especially Pune Expressway in sufficiently high triple digit speeds - many times with FULL 5 adults and full boot - never face and such roll.
Neither have any of the different occupants ever complained. In fact there used to be arguments over who would get to sit in the Manza - as they preferred it over the WagonR or Verna (the other 2 vehicles usually part of the trip).


Tyres:

Recently upgraded to Bridgestone Turanza AR20 - 195/65 R15.

Noticed a drop of 0.8 kmpl in the average.
But - ride quality and braking have improved noticeably.

No brushing while turning or touching over speed breakers.
Dr.Suraj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2015, 11:12   #1572
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Faridabad/Delhi
Posts: 1,594
Thanked: 439 Times
Default Re: Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
Tyres:

Recently upgraded to Bridgestone Turanza AR20 - 195/65 R15.

Noticed a drop of 0.8 kmpl in the average.
But - ride quality and braking have improved noticeably.

No brushing while turning or touching over speed breakers.
You have up-sized massively - tyre circumference over the original size (175/65/14) exceeds by 8% . It is generally considered advisable to keep it within 3%.

Did you take the speedo and odo error into account while calculating your mileage? With bigger circumference, the wheels rotate fewer number of times, giving less than actual speed and odo readings.
directinjection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2015, 20:02   #1573
BHPian
 
Dr.Suraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 573
Thanked: 991 Times
Default Re: Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection View Post
You have up-sized massively - tyre circumference over the original size (175/65/14) exceeds by 8% . It is generally considered advisable to keep it within 3%.
.
The original tyre size is / was 185/65 R15.
Honda City comes with skinny 175 - just to prove the claimed FE figures.
Manza always came with 185.

& the speedo 'error' gets corrected as reported by many on this thread.

Details + pics here (Celebrate Eleganza - Tata Manza Elan Quadrajet Celebration Edition !).
Dr.Suraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2015, 10:11   #1574
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Faridabad/Delhi
Posts: 1,594
Thanked: 439 Times
Default Re: Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
The original tyre size is / was 185/65 R15.
My bad! Confused Manza with Marina! Enjoy the ride!
directinjection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2015, 12:03   #1575
BHPian
 
Dr.Suraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 573
Thanked: 991 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection View Post
My bad! Confused Manza with Marina! Enjoy the ride!
No issues.

Your post actually made me go back and re-check !


Thank you for the concern and right advise
Dr.Suraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:36.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks