Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2009, 10:55   #286
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 115
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

I have been calling sales guy, his boss and GM for Concorde here everyday for the past one week. All are equally clueless on when the stock will be shipped. They are quoting 3-4 weeks for fresh bookings even now(I booked 25 days ago) but when questioned on how can they give such commitment considering my case, they just say 'dena padta hai' and start reeling on how this is true for all new launches including vista which seems had booking issue for 6 months.
vjoy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2009, 15:53   #287
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 70
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjoy3 View Post
I have been calling sales guy, his boss and GM for Concorde here everyday for the past one week. All are equally clueless on when the stock will be shipped. They are quoting 3-4 weeks for fresh bookings even now(I booked 25 days ago) but when questioned on how can they give such commitment considering my case, they just say 'dena padta hai' and start reeling on how this is true for all new launches including vista which seems had booking issue for 6 months.
I am not sure if any one of saw in the newspapers that the Pune TATA plant is stopping production due to shortage in fuel injectors supply. May be that is what is causing the delay in the other production plants too.
svdath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2009, 16:29   #288
VbA
Newbie
 
VbA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Rohtak
Posts: 9
Thanked: 0 Times
Talking Better alternative to Premium Hatchbacks in same price range...

First of all, great review.
I honestly felt as if I am test driving the car in person.

Anyways, my uncle wants to buy a car in 5.5 - 7 lakh segment and he is going around and testing all the premium hatchbacks, i20 et al. After reading this review I have recommended him to go for a sedan rather, the all new Manza. He has owned only Marutis until now, I hope he would like to own a Tata as well.

And I've referred to him, this link as well, may be he'll also join as a new member in team-bhp community.

Cheers,
VbA
VbA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2009, 16:37   #289
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 170
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by svdath View Post
I am not sure if any one of saw in the newspapers that the Pune TATA plant is stopping production due to shortage in fuel injectors supply. May be that is what is causing the delay in the other production plants too.
The shutdown is at the CV plant which has nothing to do with the cars from TML. Your point is valid though as the fuel injector supplier may be the same.
adits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2009, 17:48   #290
BHPian
 
rite2shree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Manipal
Posts: 81
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Gave a call to the salesman today, and asked him about the progress (delivery date). He said that the car will be delivered by the month end. As soon as I was at ease, he gave me a shocker. He asked me to get the DD for the full amount as soon as possible. Now I, not trying to be rude asked him, WHY?
and his reply was that, "Tata's have asked the dealers, to prioritize those who give the full amount". I, politely said that I will think about it and closed the conversation.
Any idea, whats happening here?
rite2shree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2009, 18:32   #291
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 170
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rite2shree View Post
Gave a call to the salesman today, and asked him about the progress (delivery date). He said that the car will be delivered by the month end. As soon as I was at ease, he gave me a shocker. He asked me to get the DD for the full amount as soon as possible. Now I, not trying to be rude asked him, WHY?
and his reply was that, "Tata's have asked the dealers, to prioritize those who give the full amount". I, politely said that I will think about it and closed the conversation.
Any idea, whats happening here?
If what the salesman says is true, looks like TML are having trouble with getting the Manza's off the production line fast enough. If someone can get the total booking figures for the Manza nationwide, we may have some idea if this is the case.

IMHO, this is possible as this thread has reports of some parts not arriving at the plant (I think someone had a inside lead that the first Manza off the line had no bumper or the above thought on a hit to the fuel injector supplies). Also, the booking levels could be high given the number of TBHPians who have booked their cars someone even without a TD.

Hence, TML may want some kind of delaying tactic till the production problems get sorted out. It works since not everyone will be ready to fork out the full amount upfront (bank loan processing, etc.). This should give them time to sort out any production issues they are having.

I do not know the actual situation but the above may be a plausible explanation.
adits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2009, 19:02   #292
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 115
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Checked with sales head again on updates and also if paying rest of the money now would help speedup delivery. He insisted on holding on payment till vehicle in transit. He was also saying that getting petrol vehicles is problem while he has 20 diesel vehicles if I wished to switch over. Looks like almost everyone in concorde has my number now & queries - right from GM, sales head, sales manager, sales guy and even his colleagues...not sure if I can push them any further but wait.
vjoy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2009, 19:35   #293
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: mumbai/pune
Posts: 22
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rite2shree View Post
Gave a call to the salesman today, and asked him about the progress (delivery date). He said that the car will be delivered by the month end. As soon as I was at ease, he gave me a shocker. He asked me to get the DD for the full amount as soon as possible. Now I, not trying to be rude asked him, WHY?
and his reply was that, "Tata's have asked the dealers, to prioritize those who give the full amount". I, politely said that I will think about it and closed the conversation.
Any idea, whats happening here?
Isn't the dealer your close friend? He could immediately give some real info about the full payment issue.

Incidentally, it looks like you and vjoy3 are in a position to start a new booking-n-delivery thread for the Manza.
sumujumdar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2009, 20:04   #294
BHPian
 
rite2shree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Manipal
Posts: 81
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumujumdar View Post
Isn't the dealer your close friend? He could immediately give some real info about the full payment issue.

Incidentally, it looks like you and vjoy3 are in a position to start a new booking-n-delivery thread for the Manza.
Yes, and I am planning to speak to him about this. I wanted to know what fellow BHPians thought about it.
rite2shree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2009, 23:27   #295
Senior - BHPian
 
amit_mechengg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,411
Thanked: 1,541 Times
Default

yes its true, the plants are already running at full capacity. manza is being manufactured in both plants. the indica car plant at pimpri as well as fiat ranjangaon plant.
amit_mechengg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2009, 08:58   #296
Distinguished - BHPian
 
nkrishnap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,494
Thanked: 4,111 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
yes its true, the plants are already running at full capacity. manza is being manufactured in both plants. the indica car plant at pimpri as well as fiat ranjangaon plant.
Amit, I dont think the Pimpri plant is capable of producing the Manza. Does not to make sense to have 2 different assembly lines for the same car.
nkrishnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2009, 14:44   #297
BHPian
 
maverickxx2006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 183
Thanked: 45 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
yes its true, the plants are already running at full capacity. manza is being manufactured in both plants. the indica car plant at pimpri as well as fiat ranjangaon plant.
Manza and Vista are rolled out from FIAT's Ranjangaon plant only.

Manza is not manifactured elsewhere.
maverickxx2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2009, 15:03   #298
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 47,758
Thanked: 89,465 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
was Team-BHP invited for this test drive
Yup, we were invited to the Pune factory. And what an expressway drive the three of us had

Quote:
Originally Posted by svdath View Post
I am not sure if any one of saw in the newspapers that the Pune TATA plant is stopping production due to shortage in fuel injectors supply.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adits View Post
Your point is valid though as the fuel injector supplier may be the same.
I can't think of any worse timing for 'em fuel injector supplies, than right after the launch of a very important product!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Amit, I dont think the Pimpri plant is capable of producing the Manza. Does not to make sense to have 2 different assembly lines for the same car.
Manza is produced only at Ranjangaon, and on the exact same assembly line as the Linea.

The Vista, on the other hand, is produced at Pimpri as well as Ranjangaon.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2009, 17:20   #299
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: ............
Posts: 3,260
Thanked: 4,212 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Its derived from Fiat's blue&me itself. Differentiator = The Fiat can read out your SMS, while the Manza can be paired with 5 mobile phones.
Fiat Blue&Me also could be paired up to five mobile phones, vide page 37 of Fiat Linea Blue&Me handbook. Another difference is absence of voice commands in Blue5.

Moderator: Just now, I saw these points have already been discussed. Please delete this post.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 12th November 2009 at 17:27.
J.Ravi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2009, 17:24   #300
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 115
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Wife called up posing as a new customer & sales rep. said it may take 1 year to deliver while the already booked ones may take 2+ months !
vjoy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:35.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks