Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2009, 17:27   #346
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 762
Thanked: 518 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihirC View Post
Hi guys,

As I had mentioned in my test drive observations I didnt feel the pulsations of the ABS kicking in when I braked hard. Can anyone tell me why is it so? I can very clearly feel the ABS pulsations in Linea?
At what speed did you try braking from? Probably at lower speeds the ABS might not get activated.
chncar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2009, 18:32   #347
Team-BHP Support
 
.anshuman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Good-Gaon
Posts: 7,714
Thanked: 9,019 Times
Default

Brake pedal in a ABS equipped car only kicks back when the wheel lock.
.anshuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2009, 18:42   #348
BHPian
 
SAE40 in veins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 219
Thanked: 149 Times
Default Dzire - A better looker !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by livyodream View Post
i have personally seen this car in the showroom which was parked just beside a Visata, ans its almost impossible to guess that its not Visat. On the back side, man someone welded a trunk. It looks horrible from the back.
Yeah dont compare with DZire
OK OK Manza may not be a looker but how on earth is the Dzire better off when it's got the worst boot job ever on the planet. Are you Mr Osamu Suzuki in Disguise in this forum.
SAE40 in veins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2009, 23:14   #349
BHPian
 
MihirC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 536
Thanked: 64 Times
Default Abs??

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
At what speed did you try braking from? Probably at lower speeds the ABS might not get activated.
I braked at around 80km/hr, the braking was impressive though no pulsations???
MihirC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2009, 01:00   #350
Team-BHP Support
 
.anshuman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Good-Gaon
Posts: 7,714
Thanked: 9,019 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihirC View Post
I braked at around 80km/hr, the braking was impressive though no pulsations???
If braking was effective what is the concern? Thats what brakes are meant for, why do you care about the pulsations? If there is ABS system fitted in a car it will work when required, i dont understand why everybody wants to check if it works??
.anshuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2009, 07:56   #351
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: mumbai/pune
Posts: 22
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjoy3 View Post

@sumujumdar - Some of us won the watch cum SIM card reader gift. What did you win?.

Vijay
Yes I did get SIM card reader earlier, that was the shortlisting stage. Now I have won the chauffer driven Manza for a day. The details are on

Indigo Manza – Manza Zone
sumujumdar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2009, 08:03   #352
BHPian
 
MihirC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 536
Thanked: 64 Times
Default Difference in ABC action between linea and manza

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
If braking was effective what is the concern? Thats what brakes are meant for, why do you care about the pulsations? If there is ABS system fitted in a car it will work when required, i dont understand why everybody wants to check if it works??
@ Anshuman- more than checking if the ABS works, I m more interested to know that why is there a difference between the ABS kick in of Linea and Manza .

And anshuman Aura ABS is for 6.3 OTR in Mumbai. I can live with the fact that the braking is good so its ok. But there are those also for whom this will be the first car which has all the basic safety features like ABS, seatbelt pre-tensioners etc and for many of them 6.3L OTR is not exactly very easy to dish out so they would definitely like to see for what features are they paying a premium of approximately 35-45 k over Aura.
MihirC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2009, 10:08   #353
Team-BHP Support
 
.anshuman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Good-Gaon
Posts: 7,714
Thanked: 9,019 Times
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihirC View Post
@ Anshuman- more than checking if the ABS works, I m more interested to know that why is there a difference between the ABS kick in of Linea and Manza .

And anshuman Aura ABS is for 6.3 OTR in Mumbai. I can live with the fact that the braking is good so its ok. But there are those also for whom this will be the first car which has all the basic safety features like ABS, seatbelt pre-tensioners etc and for many of them 6.3L OTR is not exactly very easy to dish out so they would definitely like to see for what features are they paying a premium of approximately 35-45 k over Aura.
Just like the braking system where every car has a differently tuned brakes while sporting similar hardware the ABS system in all the cars differently calibrated, this is reason why some kick in early while others let the tires lockup a bit more. Its all about how the manufacturer tunes it according to the car.
.anshuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2009, 11:02   #354
BHPian
 
itszain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Oxford
Posts: 32
Thanked: Once
Default Manza's Gearbox

Well written GTO. You absolutely detail every aspect of the car that you test drive. Wonderful again. On our national engine 1.3 MJD, hows the feel of gearbox used in Dzire and Manza? I know Manza uses Fiat's gearbox and Dzire uses Jap (Suzuki's gearbox? Which one is reliable when compared?

I heard Fiat gearbox is more reliable than the Jap gearboxes especially in 1.3 mjd versions out here in india.

All - Please provide inputs on this.
itszain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2009, 12:29   #355
BHPian
 
MihirC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 536
Thanked: 64 Times
Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Just like the braking system where every car has a differently tuned brakes while sporting similar hardware the ABS system in all the cars differently calibrated, this is reason why some kick in early while others let the tires lockup a bit more. Its all about how the manufacturer tunes it according to the car.
Thanks Anshuman. I guess i ll take a TD again and try locking the wheels better
MihirC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2009, 18:15   #356
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 47,749
Thanked: 89,406 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by itszain View Post
On our national engine 1.3 MJD, hows the feel of gearbox used in Dzire and Manza? I know Manza uses Fiat's gearbox and Dzire uses Jap (Suzuki's gearbox?
The Dzire's gearbox is better to use, typical Jap slick shifting gear quality.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2009, 21:30   #357
Newbie
 
brand india's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: mumbai
Posts: 4
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

this is the first thing i stumbled upon. and heres my first 2 cents. simply impressed. more so by the reveiw than the car which to me looks like indica with knee transplants from outside. TATA has its niggling issues here and there. wish this does well to improve their passenger car image. hopes rest more on these than JLRs

Moderator's Note

Please take care to type in proper English and avoid typing...like...this....

Thanks
brand india is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2009, 09:23   #358
BHPian
 
rite2shree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Manipal
Posts: 81
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

I have come across a 'Breaking news' (not sure if its BREAKING). It seems Tata's are having issues with the ABS manufacturers and therefore the ABS equipped models will not be produced till the issues are sorted out. Only the Aqua's and Aura's for both variants will be available. Others will have to wait at least a month.
rite2shree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2009, 10:41   #359
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 11
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Hey guys,
I brought Home my new Corolla Altis and Indigo Manza! give me a couple of days till I can give a detail experience of Manza.
Sunil Albal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2009, 11:55   #360
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: mumbai/pune
Posts: 22
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rite2shree View Post
I have come across a 'Breaking news' (not sure if its BREAKING). It seems Tata's are having issues with the ABS manufacturers and therefore the ABS equipped models will not be produced till the issues are sorted out. Only the Aqua's and Aura's for both variants will be available. Others will have to wait at least a month.
I second that. I have heard similar chatter, except I was told the problem is only for petrol models, and diesel models are available in all variants. Therefore they are 'encouraging' their customers to convert to diesel, or settle for a lower variant in petrol.

Issues with ABS manufacturers? That does not sound good at all.
sumujumdar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:41.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks