Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 9th December 2009, 00:39   #511
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Almost everyone here will disagree with you here, The ANHC is the most powerful car in its class and is more fun to drive than most others, Atleast more than Manza.
Yes I would agree with you without a doubt. But Fiesta and Linea are way better handlers than ANHC.
firstguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2009, 04:14   #512
BHPian

Quote:
Almost everyone here will disagree with you here, The ANHC is the most powerful car in its class and is more fun to drive than most others, Atleast more than Manza.
It would definitely have to be a better car to drive compared to Manza as it costs almost double.

The Fiesta ,Verna and the Linea are more fun to drive and are cheaper.

The most powerful in its class would be the Optra Magnum Diesel if you want to go by spec sheets.
-NUT-case is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2009, 08:02   #513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by -NUT-case View Post
It would definitely have to be a better car to drive compared to Manza as it costs almost double.

The Fiesta ,Verna and the Linea are more fun to drive and are cheaper.

The most powerful in its class would be the Optra Magnum Diesel if you want to go by spec sheets.
Nut-case when do you sleep? Posting at 4 in the morning! Guess Team-BHP has really got you hooked.
firstguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2009, 09:36   #514
Senior - BHPian

Cool

Saw one manza on road last sunday. Very frankly (purely my opinion, no offence to Manza admirers or owners) its designed by some underpaid design engineer like Dezire

May be in some days i might get used to the looks (as it happned to DZIRE)

I even had felt same for the XYLO

Agian no offence to DZIRE XYLO owners / designers

But going by the space it provides and the engine option available, its a very good value for money car.
recshenoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2009, 09:53   #515
BHPian

Please don't remind me about Xylo. No offence meant by me either, but I'm trying hard not to think about that vehicle.
pamiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2009, 11:43   #516
BHPian

Guys - Does anyone have actual pictures of the Breeze Blue? Is it similar to the Ice Blue avaialble in the Vista or the Foxtrot Azure available in the Linea?
vcash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2009, 13:41   #517
BHPian

Quote:
2) - How is honda city bigger ? Manza is bigger in every way
4) - So the city also is not the height of good looks
6) - City as we all know is underpowered and not exactly a "fun to drive" car

So why is the city considered a more attractive option as compared to the Manza ,even when you have to pay anywhere between 3 to 5 lakhs extra for it.
Is the city overpriced for what it offers?
If tata had priced the manza say 3 lakhs costlier would it become a higher end sedan and not entry level ? So are we going with idea " costlier must equal to better" blindly.
What is it that makes city a better buy and so succesful ? Image ? Brand value ? Snob value ?
2) My bad, it was a typo. I meant better (though it may be debatable). But technically as per specifications City is indeed longer than manza.
4) Was there ever a doubt? If you look at linea and City which side would you lean after a first look?
6) Really?

I don't think City is being compared with manza and found to be more attractive per se since they are not in the same category. But at their current form, if both were offered at the same price, I am sure more than 99% of folks would end up buying the city.

what is image, brand value, snob value, etc.

May be I am not technical enough or eloquent, but for me to like a car, all I need is to feel good being inside and while driving it.

But the bottom line for this debate - is City a better car than manza? Without having driven a manza, I would still tend to say yes. But I also feel city is over priced a little bit.

But if I can afford 10 lakhs and after test driving a city and manza if i like city, then i would go for it.
gshanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2009, 13:45   #518
BHPian

I saw a Breeze blue Manza inside the showroom(only and not in sunlight), it was darker than both the Ice Blue and the Foxtrot Azure.

The colour from the website is close, only that the blueish tinge was more on the real car.

Last edited by indivic : 9th December 2009 at 13:55.
indivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2009, 14:05   #519
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gshanky View Post
2) 4) Was there ever a doubt? If you look at linea and City which side would you lean after a first look?

Most of the people will lean towards LINEA for sure

I don't think City is being compared with manza and found to be more attractive per se since they are not in the same category. But at their current form, if both were offered at the same price, I am sure more than 99% of folks would end up buying the city.

what is image, brand value, snob value, etc.

How about if Merc C class and City offered at the same price? which one will you choose?
I am not happy with the manza rear, TATA do something
Latheesh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2009, 15:05   #520
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Magnum does not belong to same segment as ANHC, Over the times due to declining sales GM reduced the prices. Once upon a time Optra was sold in same price range as Octavia and Corolla.

Last edited by .anshuman : 9th December 2009 at 15:08.
.anshuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2009, 23:28   #521
BHPian

Gentlemen, my first post!!

@GTO
@Anon Samaritan who gave the initial gen on the Manza.

Two points.

1. If the "relationship" of Tata-Fiat (what is it actually? - it isn't a joint venture for sure) gets sour or they happen to fall out, it is obvious that Fiat owners will bear the brunt. But, what about those Tata owners revving SAFIREs and QUADRAJETs under their hoods? What has Tata done to secure its customers from a future souring of relations with Fiat?

2. Why is it that the cost difference in FIRE and MJD mounted cars is 60K in variants of Linea whereas it is 90K for comparable SAFIRE and QJD variants of the Manza? A difference of 30K. Is Fiat extracting its pound of flesh here?

PS - I own a 10 yr 40K kms M800. Looking to upgrade to SX4/Linea/Manza
Mangusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2009, 00:12   #522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstguri View Post
Nut-case when do you sleep? Posting at 4 in the morning! Guess Team-BHP has really got you hooked.
Hehe , I tend to check TBHP whenever i come online as do most guys here i guess. What can i say i am an early riser or is that a late nighter ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by gshanky View Post
6) Really?

But I also feel city is over priced a little bit.

But if I can afford 10 lakhs and after test driving a city and manza if i like city, then i would go for it.

I was just wondering what is so attractive about the city that 99% would go for it even though it offers very little more than other cars for a substantial margin .
6) - I guess was a little over dramatic with that statement.

Quote:
Magnum does not belong to same segment as ANHC, Over the times due to declining sales GM reduced the prices. Once upon a time Optra was sold in same price range as Octavia and Corolla.
Well when city was first introduced it had a much smaller engine and was priced 2 lakhs less than it is now. And once upon a time Corolla was introduced for almost the same as what a city costs now(around 9 lakhs).
When you compare cars at a point in time , you tend to compare what it offers against other cars for the same amount of money and the magnum costs the same now as the city .
Anyways as gshanky said , we are not comparing the city with the manza here . And it is not as if i hate the city.
The city came up because it is considered the most sought after in its category and i just took it as a yardstick to compare with manza and try to understand what drives people to buy the city over others.

Btw in the last 2 days i have seen about 5 manzas on the road. All black or maroon though. So i guess delivery has started to pick up at least for those colours.
-NUT-case is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2009, 00:33   #523
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangusta View Post
1. If the "relationship" of Tata-Fiat (what is it actually? - it isn't a joint venture for sure) gets sour or they happen to fall out, it is obvious that Fiat owners will bear the brunt. But, what about those Tata owners revving SAFIREs and QUADRAJETs under their hoods? What has Tata done to secure its customers from a future souring of relations with Fiat?
Unlike Mahindras (Mahindra-Ford, Mahindra-Mitsubishi, Mahindra-Logan), Tatas are considered as a good partner, So hopefully this relation ship is for the long term. Ratan Tata is on the board of directors of Fiat. Mercedes Benz still owns a miniscule percent in Tata Motors. Just mentioned to highlight that Tatas are good partners in any business.
But as you said, anything could go wrong any time, But i wont worry about it now, and will not affect my buying decision.
teamveevee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2009, 10:06   #524
BHPian

Quote:

Btw in the last 2 days i have seen about 5 manzas on the road. All black or maroon though. So i guess delivery has started to pick up at least for those colours.
Your right. Monarch Red leads the bookings but other colors are also catching up.
I went for Satin gold and here's the link https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...delivered.html
rite2shree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2009, 14:21   #525
Senior - BHPian

Saw a black Manza today, man this car is beautiful from front/side. Looks like TATA sorted out Manza delivery issues.
Latheesh is online now   Reply With Quote