Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 10th December 2009, 16:03   #526
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangusta View Post
Gentlemen, my first post!!
1. If the "relationship" of Tata-Fiat (what is it actually? - it isn't a joint venture for sure) gets sour or they happen to fall out, it is obvious that Fiat owners will bear the brunt. But, what about those Tata owners revving SAFIREs and QUADRAJETs under their hoods? What has Tata done to secure its customers from a future souring of relations with Fiat?
A Tata-Fiat split in the near future might be improbable, but not impossible. I guess if it does happen, then Tata will be just a customer for Fiat engines. They will have to keep supporting and servicing the fiat-engined cars and may even launch news ones with those engines.

Quote:
2. Why is it that the cost difference in FIRE and MJD mounted cars is 60K in variants of Linea whereas it is 90K for comparable SAFIRE and QJD variants of the Manza? A difference of 30K. Is Fiat extracting its pound of flesh here?
This will just be speculation. Either the engine costs are different by that amount or Tata's have priced it such. Fiat IMHO have one of the least price differences between comparable petrol and diesel variants.

Last edited by gomzi : 10th December 2009 at 16:05.
gomzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2009, 20:14   #527
BHPian

Unhappy OT-Rear AC vents in pre-gen indigo

OT- Guys I had a ride today in the previous gen indigo cab
(first time ever in any indigo) and was shell shocked to find rear AC vents in the cab. is this an after market installation? Till now I was not so much bothered about Manza not having rear vents even in Aura + but if the Tata guys had given them in pre-gen indigos then why rob the Manza of such a feature which would have made it king of the class wrt features????
MihirC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2009, 22:19   #528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihirC View Post
OT- Guys I had a ride today in the previous gen indigo cab
(first time ever in any indigo) and was shell shocked to find rear AC vents in the cab. is this an after market installation? Till now I was not so much bothered about Manza not having rear vents even in Aura + but if the Tata guys had given them in pre-gen indigos then why rob the Manza of such a feature which would have made it king of the class wrt features????
Mihir, that would be the Indigo XL that you must have experienced! It had a stretched wheelbase and the rear seat comfort was even compared to the Merc-E class in a couple of Ads by Tata!
Knowing Tata's - I wouldn't be surprised if a manza with this feature appears as a part of of the refreshment exercise.

Last edited by viper_711 : 10th December 2009 at 22:20.
viper_711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2009, 09:18   #529
BHPian

Had been to Tafe Access the day before to check out the Manza and Linea for a friend.

Space - I am 6'2" tall and with the driver seat fully pushed back, I still had about 5" of additional space between the front seat and my knees when I sat at the back. Sitting 3 adults abreast was no circus on the backseat with each sitting comfortably. When I sat in the middle, the raised cushioning managed to seat me slightly higher ensuring that my hair was slightly ruffled by the stop lamp on top. No such issue on any of the other seats. It is more like a lounge seat with its slightly higher than normal recline.

The boot was spacious too, but I guess they have some additional cross members for rigidity and improve ride and handling which gave the encroached look. With the rear seat folded, I (or my wife) can share bed space with my son in comfort.

The engine compartment was neatly packaged with plenty of space between the engine and the firewall. I guess this would help in reducing heat intake into the cabin as well as reduce noise.

Drive - We test drove the 2nd variant Quadrajet (without abs and airbags). With 5 of us, the car pulled cleanly without any fuss and handled well through the speed breakers. My friends tried a few emergency stops from speed but the wheels did not lock even once.

Fit and finish is much better than the Indica and overall the car feels quite a few big steps forward. On road price, between the Linea and Manza for the top end models is 2.02 lakhs. Enough reason for my friend to choose the Manza.

Went past the 20 min mark, so couldn't edit my previous thread. Can mods please do this?

Another amazing thing was the cabin being well insulated from outside noise. I couldn't hear any vehicle including an LCV that went past us in the other direction.

Last edited by Dippy : 14th December 2009 at 09:04. Reason: Merging on request
discoverwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2009, 00:31   #530
BHPian

Hi Users,
I am new on team-BHP have been reading this post since a very long time I wanted to ask one thing that even after so many huge sales figures why is thhe manza not being seen on the roads....????
don_carmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2009, 09:01   #531

Dear all,

glad to inform you that my Tata Indigo Manza Safire Ninety Aura Plus Monarch Red (Phew!) has arrived.

More later.
sumujumdar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2009, 15:29   #532
BHPian

Default Congratulations

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumujumdar View Post
Dear all,

glad to inform you that my Tata Indigo Manza Safire Ninety Aura Plus Monarch Red (Phew!) has arrived.

More later.
Glad to hear that Su. Im looking forward to your review the most as this is the same model (same colour as well) im interested to buy, albeit next year. No offence to anyone(esp Vjoy and the lucky ones) but i think manza looks best in Red and Black. Did you buy from Mumbai if so from which dealership, what about the discounts/freebies. Do fill us up with everything brother. Respect man.

Last edited by MihirC : 13th December 2009 at 15:35.
Old 13th December 2009, 20:43   #533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_carmaster View Post
Hi Users,
I am new on team-BHP have been reading this post since a very long time I wanted to ask one thing that even after so many huge sales figures why is thhe manza not being seen on the roads....????
That's because the Manza has been on sale for less than a month while the Dzire has been on sale for over a year.

At Tafe access, 168 were booked (and hence considered sold) while only 35 were delivered. So I guess, that adds to the confusion too.
discoverwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2009, 22:59   #534
BHPian

Default Lip treatment for boot

OT guys dont you think giving a Lip to the boot would have broken the solidity and boxiness of the rear and also made it look a bit sportier a-la- OHC???
Old 13th December 2009, 23:43   #535
BHPian

That was the first thought that entered my head when i saw the boot."It looks ok but would have looked much better with a lip to give it some definition". As it is, it looks a bit too blunt and a little unfinished. But i am sure in due course of time aftermarket readymade addons will come along. I remember seeing an addon lip attached to the boot of an older indigo . But in that car it did little to improve the appearance though . But in the manza im sure it will improve appearance from the side as well as from the back.
-NUT-case is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2009, 23:56   #536
BHPian

Hey guys just a poll.

Which is the most preferred color that you feel in which the manza looks fantastic.
I would vote gold satin first
2nd would be breeze blue(even though i havent seen it)

I personally feel that the dark colors are more bulky as far the rear view is concerned.
I felt that the Manza didnt look odd in the rear especially in the gold satin color.

Poll in your votes guys, lets see which is the most like color.
rki2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2009, 23:57   #537
Senior - BHPian

saw the car on road today.
Have you ever tried to play a Car racing game on a poor graphics card?
Well that is how the boot of the car is designed , In 2 D.
the interiors etc look very good for its price range etc but totally disappointed with the looks (especially the boot) but it definitely is a step up from the old indica.
vinaydas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2009, 07:40   #538

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihirC View Post
Glad to hear that Su. Im looking forward to your review the most as this is the same model (same colour as well) im interested to buy, albeit next year. No offence to anyone(esp Vjoy and the lucky ones) but i think manza looks best in Red and Black. Did you buy from Mumbai if so from which dealership, what about the discounts/freebies. Do fill us up with everything brother. Respect man.
Thanks MihirC. I don't know if I will be able to pen down an entire report in the very near future (quite stuck with a few things on the agenda), but will definitely give it a try. For your info, I bought it from Pune (I am a Puneite, home in Bhosari, workplace Mumbai currently), B U Bhandari at Pashan Rd. No discounts, no freebies as this one is a brand new model, and the other dealerships also refused anyways. Delivery was quite smooth, as per promised dates. A delay of one week happened when there was this confusion about ABS models.
This is my first car, and I am not a car expert, so factor this in when you read ahead. I really really liked the Red Manza when I saw her in flesh. I was earlier considering Gold Satin, but when the family saw the Monarch Red, my six-year old fell for it, and I too concurred. Space is awesome, you must have seen it by now. The car drives very well! Initially it felt a bit bulky, compared to the TD cars I had driven, but it took a while to learn the gear-shift at the right rpms. Now I really like the cruise feel when I drive. The suspensions are great, and so is the sound. I almost double-cranked the engine once! The car has a nice feel-good factor in it, with the features given with it. And the braking is terrific! That adds to a lot of confidence while driving. The car has a large turning radius naturally, so that took a while to learn, but now I am confident. I am yet to drive in bumper-to-bumper traffic. As I said, space is a killer here. I am 6', and my family is full of six footers, so everytime I think of a car, space is a prime concern. Add to that the price, and (and thanks to the sixth pay commission I have a terrific package.
Anyways, MihirC, will write more later, hopefully sooner than later. Good luck with your purchase plans.
Sumujumdar.
sumujumdar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2009, 09:11   #539
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumujumdar View Post
Thanks MihirC. I don't know if I will be able to pen down an entire report in the very near future (quite stuck with a few things on the agenda), but will definitely give it a try. For your info, I bought it from Pune (I am a Puneite, home in Bhosari, workplace Mumbai currently), B U Bhandari at Pashan Rd. No discounts, no freebies as this one is a brand new model, and the other dealerships also refused anyways. Delivery was quite smooth, as per promised dates. A delay of one week happened when there was this confusion about ABS models.
This is my first car, and I am not a car expert, so factor this in when you read ahead. I really really liked the Red Manza when I saw her in flesh. I was earlier considering Gold Satin, but when the family saw the Monarch Red, my six-year old fell for it, and I too concurred. Space is awesome, you must have seen it by now. The car drives very well! Initially it felt a bit bulky, compared to the TD cars I had driven, but it took a while to learn the gear-shift at the right rpms. Now I really like the cruise feel when I drive. The suspensions are great, and so is the sound. I almost double-cranked the engine once! The car has a nice feel-good factor in it, with the features given with it. And the braking is terrific! That adds to a lot of confidence while driving. The car has a large turning radius naturally, so that took a while to learn, but now I am confident. I am yet to drive in bumper-to-bumper traffic. As I said, space is a killer here. I am 6', and my family is full of six footers, so everytime I think of a car, space is a prime concern. Add to that the price, and (and thanks to the sixth pay commission I have a terrific package.
Anyways, MihirC, will write more later, hopefully sooner than later. Good luck with your purchase plans.
Sumujumdar.
Congrats on your buy but do keep us updated on the FE ,and the photos ....
Hey one more thing the music system provided in the car has a very small display and has ant like figures.....What say??
don_carmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2009, 10:30   #540
BHPian

Hello all,
I did test drive the diesel Manza over the weekend and I thought it was reasonably powerful. My benchmark for comparison is my trusty old '95 model Esteem. I wonder how the petrol model would be...

The speedo and tacho console was disabled so cannot say what speeds I was doing. But I was amazed at lack of noise in the cabin . Great job Tata.

I drove the diesel Aura model, as they did not have the petrol version available for test drive.

Was really impressed with the sense of space available but sadly my brothers who were sat behind were not quite impressed with the quality of plastics. But then at 6.85L (petrol) OTR in Bombay I found it to be acceptable.

There is one thing that I really hated about the car and it was the back lighting and font on the music system, to begin with the font it too small and blue back lighting looks horrible . But I don't think that would be a deal breaker, if I decide to go in for this car.

The diesel has a waiting of around 3 weeks, whereas the petrol around 5-6 weeks.

And absolutely no discounts on offer.

cheers
hiren.mistry is offline   Reply With Quote