Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2009, 10:15   #586
Distinguished - BHPian
 
nkrishnap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,493
Thanked: 4,109 Times
Default

^^ Exactly the same doubts I have. Would they be able to deliver a Jan 2010 manufactured car by 20th Jan itself. Little skeptical about this.
nkrishnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2009, 10:29   #587
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Noida
Posts: 519
Thanked: 175 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
^^ Exactly the same doubts I have. Would they be able to deliver a Jan 2010 manufactured car by 20th Jan itself. Little skeptical about this.
Thanks for sharing your concern; I will be extra careful about it. What I am being told is that 2010 manufactured cars will start from plant by aroung 10th Jan and I will be first in priority at his dealership as soon as the cars arrive. I will check the month/year by decoding the VIN (got the details from a Team BHP forum). Can also ask for form 22 from the dealer.

OT, can anyone help me understand if there is any need to updgrade Manza tires from current 185 to 195? My driving style is very relaxed and I generally don't push the car too much. So my personal opinion is that 185 tires should be reasonably good with ride/ handling. However I am going to drive for about 600km a month on NH1 for home visits. So does anyone think that 195 is going to be a better choice and is it worth spending on it.
amit1234singla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2009, 11:45   #588
BHPian
 
rite2shree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Manipal
Posts: 81
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post

OT, can anyone help me understand if there is any need to updgrade Manza tires from current 185 to 195? My driving style is very relaxed and I generally don't push the car too much. So my personal opinion is that 185 tires should be reasonably good with ride/ handling. However I am going to drive for about 600km a month on NH1 for home visits. So does anyone think that 195 is going to be a better choice and is it worth spending on it.
I have driven the Manza for more than 500 kms and personally feel that 185/60 Bridgestone tires give enough control and handle pretty well. Increase in size is required mainly for aesthetics.
rite2shree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2009, 13:33   #589
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 170
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
+-3/4 kms look odd. Is it really possible
I think the best way to check is the existing Manza owners. rite2shree, vjoy and others. What does the MID indicate as Average kmpl. Also let us know your actual mileage, so we can compare and decide if this is true.

I would estimate that it should be not more than 10% error.

@amit - I agree with rite2shree. I would look at other profile tyres only if I wanted a specific outcome like better FE or acceleration, etc. Based on your driving style, I would think you can keep the OE tyres and spend that money on other mods, if needed.

Last edited by adits : 18th December 2009 at 13:36.
adits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2009, 16:02   #590
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: AHMEDABAD
Posts: 11
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
Hi gagz, Congrats on your new buy. We desperatly require pics of your new acquisition since its a GREY Noir which we rather i havent seen even once.It will be very kind of you if you post some pics for us.

Yes registering the car in the month of jan 2010 will amount to 2010 model as far as the RC Book is concerned and whereas the chassis number given (year of manufacture of the car ) will be 2009 only.
Thanks Mate for the info.
I am trying to upload images for some days now but giving me error will try one more time, another doubt is that whenever i press clutch some unusual sound like a crank or wiry noise cramps up does anyone else has experienced the same have tanked 250+ km's else the running is smooth with 100% a/c on avg is 14.9 in city have not hit the highway yet,this Sunday going for 300 km ride at a religious place would post my the experience asap.

cherzzzzzz
gagz
gagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2009, 18:42   #591
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Noida
Posts: 519
Thanked: 175 Times
Default

It might be a silly question, but I am a little confused about it. Does Manza ABS equipped models have EBD as well? Everywhere on Manza website it's mentioned as 'ABS' with no mention of EBD while mostly other manufacturers mention EBD specifically. Thanks
amit1234singla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2009, 22:25   #592
BHPian
 
MihirC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 536
Thanked: 64 Times
Default Yes it does

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post
It might be a silly question, but I am a little confused about it. Does Manza ABS equipped models have EBD as well? Everywhere on Manza website it's mentioned as 'ABS' with no mention of EBD while mostly other manufacturers mention EBD specifically. Thanks
Yes Amit, Manza ABS also has EBD. I really cannot understand this thing with both Fiat and TATA. The cars of both the companies have such loads of small special features as well but none of them promote those features. On the other side the Japs/koreans are so aggresively promoting their smallest features, and look at their sales
MihirC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2009, 01:03   #593
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 43
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adits View Post
I think the best way to check is the existing Manza owners. rite2shree, vjoy and others. What does the MID indicate as Average kmpl. Also let us know your actual mileage, so we can compare and decide if this is true.

I would estimate that it should be not more than 10% error.

.
I did not rely on MID to check FE.
During first week, MID was showing an avg FE of 9.2 kmpl and Instantaneous FE of 10.5 kmpl while I computed a FE of 12.5 using tank-to-tank method.

I observed that in next week reading on Avg FE increased to 10.3.

May be there is some fuzzy loopback logic in it. I would rather rely on manual modes.
rove_drives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2009, 10:29   #594
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 170
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rove_drives View Post
I did not rely on MID to check FE.
During first week, MID was showing an avg FE of 9.2 kmpl and Instantaneous FE of 10.5 kmpl while I computed a FE of 12.5 using tank-to-tank method.

I observed that in next week reading on Avg FE increased to 10.3.

May be there is some fuzzy loopback logic in it. I would rather rely on manual modes.
Proves the possible +- 3/4 kmpl error in the MID. The manual modes are the best but if the MID was more accurate, it might help
adits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2009, 12:23   #595
Senior - BHPian
 
Latheesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore/Kannur
Posts: 2,983
Thanked: 2,666 Times
Default

Just saw a Black Manza,this car looks good. Much better than the Desire.
Latheesh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2009, 12:42   #596
Senior - BHPian
 
aparth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,048
Thanked: 614 Times
Default

I saw one as well in black. Its a huge improvement over the previous indigo. The boot was actually gelling with the whole car unlike Dezire.
aparth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2009, 14:45   #597
BHPian
 
rki2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 664
Thanked: 138 Times
Default

Hey guys just a poll.

Which is the most preferred color that you feel in which the manza looks fantastic.
I would vote gold satin first
2nd would be breeze blue(even though i havent seen it)


Poll in your votes guys, lets see which is the most liked color.
rki2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2009, 14:54   #598
BHPian
 
MihirC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 536
Thanked: 64 Times
Default Spot on pal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Just saw a Black Manza,this car looks good. Much better than the Desire.
No offence to any Dezire owners but my personal opinion is that there are very few sedans which make the Dezire look better, maybe none.
MihirC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2009, 15:00   #599
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 1,457
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

manza has started growing up on its looks like other cars and now i do see quite some manza's on road now.Two silvers, two satin gold, two red and one white are spotted till now.And yes looks good as well.
Also have seen many people admiring this new car, and have seen surprised faces after ceeing tata badge on this car.Surely a big improvement from TATA motors offered.
vijaythacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2009, 15:32   #600
BHPian
 
MihirC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 536
Thanked: 64 Times
Default Seat Covers for Manza?

Hi all Manza owners, Vjoy,Rove drives, Sunil and the team. What do you guys feel about the seats that come with manza? Do you feel the need to put on new seat covers, if so, then is it purely for the aesthetics or any other reason??
MihirC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:47.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks