Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 19th December 2009, 16:04   #601
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
Hey guys just a poll.

Which is the most preferred color that you feel in which the manza looks fantastic.
I would vote gold satin first
2nd would be breeze blue(even though i havent seen it)

Poll in your votes guys, lets see which is the most liked color.
My preference would be Black, Maroon and then Satin Silver.

I know black is a little hard to maintain but it makes the car look very elegant.
aparth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2009, 16:53   #602
BHPian

Default Colors

My selection would be 1) Maroon 2) Silver 3) Grey Nair (remember that post guys) 4) Gold. Have not included black as its too dificult to maintain. Although if I had a covered parking spot + a driver black would be the 1st choice
MihirC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2009, 17:06   #603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihirC View Post
Hi all Manza owners, Vjoy,Rove drives, Sunil and the team. What do you guys feel about the seats that come with manza? Do you feel the need to put on new seat covers, if so, then is it purely for the aesthetics or any other reason??

To me its mainly aesthetics and secondly option of cleaning them and thirdly changing a bit of color feel inside the cabin.

Diverging from the topic and coming onto some of features in Manza.
Electronics behind Music system is really good. I would like to highlight a flip-flop feature here.

When playing a CD or from a USB, if you get a cellphone call, system PAUSES the music, transfer the control for cellphone to operate. And once you are done, it transfers the control back to CD/USB and song starts from exact same place where control transfer happened.

This exact place startup also works when you switch from CD to USB and back again.

Similarly, once your cell phone pairs with bluetooth of the car, you can actually play songs of your cellphone via car's music system.
Now this may not be a great thing but this did not happen when I wanted to play my cellphones music into my plantronics bluetooth handsfree.

Not to mention that you can dial any number using that big number pad.
This number pad also works like the pre-stored FM/AM stations.

Folks, above may be quite normal observation, but I m using a bluetooth enabled car system for the first time. And to me, this was really impressive.

Another thing which I did not find at least in NHC is that you do not need to lock the doors. Once the car reaches a speed of 15kmph, all doors are automatically locked from inside.
And of course the driver side lock is the master lock. You can unlock all the doors from there.

All doors also unlock automatically once you remove the keys from ignition.

Again, may be these are regular features in today's cars in that price range, but then I m really impressed to find them in mine.

Last edited by rove_drives : 19th December 2009 at 17:22.
rove_drives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2009, 17:31   #604
BHPian

Default Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by rove_drives View Post
To me its mainly aesthetics and secondly option of cleaning them and thirdly changing a bit of color feel inside the cabin.

Diverging from the topic and coming onto some of features in Manza.
Electronics behind Music system is really good. I would like to highlight a flip-flop feature here.

When playing a CD or from a USB, if you get a cellphone call, system PAUSES the music, transfer the control for cellphone to operate. And once you are done, it transfers the control back to CD/USB and song starts from exact same place where control transfer happened.

This exact place startup also works when you switch from CD to USB and back again.

Similarly, once your cell phone pairs with bluetooth of the car, you can actually play songs of your cellphone via car's music system.
Now this may not be a great thing but this did not happen when I wanted to play my cellphones music into my plantronics bluetooth handsfree.

Folks, above may be quite normal observation, but I m using a bluetooth enabled car system for the first time. And to me, this was really impressive.

Another thing which I did not find at least in NHC is that you do not need to lock the doors. Once the car reaches a speed of 15kmph, all doors are automatically locked from inside.
And of course the driver side lock is the master lock. You can unlock all the doors from there.

All doors also unlock automatically once you remove the keys from ignition.

Again, may be these are regular features in today's cars in that price range, but then I m really impressed to find them in mine.
Firstly rove drive, all these features are not uncommon but for the price range they are not available in any other car. Secondly I myself drive a old gen Zen, 93 model(Dad wont let me drive the linea ) so keeping in mind the car from the nineties all this features though heard of , its a different feeling altogether to be actually using these features. When I get my Manza , for me it ll be my equivalent to 5 series/A6/S60.
Old 19th December 2009, 17:41   #605
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Coincidentally getting my car seat covered with art leather and charcoal black sun film for the glasses. The seats cushion and were fine, but were getting dirty - Especially no match for a toddler with a chocolate bar

Wanted to get rear parking sensors done but due to the electrical niggle (horn wire earthing) I had during first week (autofin is yet trying to get a combi switch for the workaround they provided - insulation tape), am a bit cautious in doing anything that may render the electrical warranty void (have been in touch with the RD dealer in my town who does door step fitting and promised to do nothing more than remove insulation tape on reverse indicator bulb, but as usual the friendly service manager @autofin scares me everytime...sigh)

Happened to see the Avg. mileage and it showed 10kmpl. Today my car will be clocking 1000 kms

Vijay
vjoy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2009, 17:55   #606
BHPian

Default Wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjoy3 View Post
Coincidentally getting my car seat covered with art leather and charcoal black sun film for the glasses. The seats cushion and were fine, but were getting dirty - Especially no match for a toddler with a chocolate bar

Wanted to get rear parking sensors done but due to the electrical niggle (horn wire earthing) I had during first week (autofin is yet trying to get a combi switch for the workaround they provided - insulation tape), am a bit cautious in doing anything that may render the electrical warranty void (have been in touch with the RD dealer in my town who does door step fitting and promised to do nothing more than remove insulation tape on reverse indicator bulb, but as usual the friendly service manager @autofin scares me everytime...sigh)

Happened to see the Avg. mileage and it showed 10kmpl. Today my car will be clocking 1000 kms

Vijay
Congrats Vjoy on completeing your 1000kms, thats really fast. You are lucky you can have charcoal blac tints on your car, Here in Mmbai I dont think that shade is allowed. That tint makes the car look bloody brilliant though.

Does the dealer do the revere parking sensors installation?? Also i read somewhere on T-BHP that nowadays you dont have to drill holes for sensors, you get a strip which has to be pasted on the rear bumper. Check it out before you finalise.
Old 20th December 2009, 17:50   #607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihirC View Post
Yes Amit, Manza ABS also has EBD. I really cannot understand this thing with both Fiat and TATA. The cars of both the companies have such loads of small special features as well but none of them promote those features. On the other side the Japs/koreans are so aggresively promoting their smallest features, and look at their sales
Thanks Pal. I agree with you on these companies not promoting their small yet significant features properly.
amit1234singla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2009, 19:46   #608
BHPian

Test drove a dzire LDi (cheapest) and a manza Aqua QJD (cheapest) back to back today with yours truly behind the wheel (all 93 kilos of me) my substantial better half (all 5'7'' of her) sitting right behind me at the back. In Delhi's traffic both cars were quite similar performance wise and the 90bhp of Manza was not evident, but the Dzire's gearshift was definitely slicker and the steering lighter. The major advantage of the Manza over the dzire is space/comfort and features:
Dzire LDi- Power Steering, A/C, No Music No Tacho, No P.Windows
Manza Diesel Aqua- Has all the above.

What took me by surprise was the crowd at the Tata Dealership (Sanya Motors Delhi) and the air of a happening place. Other than the Manza parked inside there were two being readied for delivery and another six parked outside. I was given a waiting period of 3to4 weeks for all Manza models. Manza seems to be generating quite a buzz, lets see how it translates into hard sales figures.
windiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2009, 10:11   #609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
Test drove a dzire LDi (cheapest) and a manza Aqua QJD (cheapest) back to back today with yours truly behind the wheel (all 93 kilos of me) my substantial better half (all 5'7'' of her) sitting right behind me at the back. In Delhi's traffic both cars were quite similar performance wise and the 90bhp of Manza was not evident, but the Dzire's gearshift was definitely slicker and the steering lighter. The major advantage of the Manza over the dzire is space/comfort and features:
Dzire LDi- Power Steering, A/C, No Music No Tacho, No P.Windows
Manza Diesel Aqua- Has all the above.

What took me by surprise was the crowd at the Tata Dealership (Sanya Motors Delhi) and the air of a happening place. Other than the Manza parked inside there were two being readied for delivery and another six parked outside. I was given a waiting period of 3to4 weeks for all Manza models. Manza seems to be generating quite a buzz, lets see how it translates into hard sales figures.
+1 to that. Looks like the initial problems of even availability of TD vehicles has been overcome.

Also, the 3-4 weeks wait time is quite good considering that many people will postpone their delivery to January to get a Jan 2010 registered vehicle. The last time I checked, there was still a 3-4 month wait for the DZire Petrol and 6 months for the diesel.

So the fight begins...
adits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2009, 15:23   #610
BANNED

3-4 weeks of delivery status seems quite good compared to dzire's still long 3-4 months.What needs to see how many dzire booked people cancells dzire and opts for manza.Dzire surely has some good competition this time.
vijaythacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2009, 10:57   #611
BHPian

After a wait of around 2 months my Indigo manza QJD Aura+ Dew white will be delivered tomorrow.Lets hope for the best
lijodavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2009, 16:45   #612
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post
OT, can anyone help me understand if there is any need to updgrade Manza tires from current 185 to 195? My driving style is very relaxed and I generally don't push the car too much.
Not at all, you don't need to upgrade the tyres if your driving style is relaxed.

Upgrading to grippier rubber is an "enthusiasts" thing, those of us who corner hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Just saw a Black Manza,this car looks good. Much better than the Desire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aparth View Post
I saw one as well in black. Its a huge improvement over the previous indigo. The boot was actually gelling with the whole car unlike Dezire.
I've been seeing a couple around Bombay (not too many though, surprisingly) and I have to agree. The Manza looks quite alright for a VFM sedan. I have to reiterate that I love the Cadillac-style rear end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
Which is the most preferred color that you feel in which the manza looks fantastic.
Black and maroon (our test car's colour) for me.

Of all the new cars that I've driven in the last 3 months, and for their respective segments, the Manza & Fortuner have impressed me most. The E was just what an E is supposed to be (no surprises), ditto for the Beat (amongst the 1.2L hatchbacks).

In my books, The Manza & Fortuner are the best buys from their price bands.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2009, 17:36   #613
BHPian

Default Accesories for Manza

Whats up guys. I had a TD of the Manza yet again and this time the lady rep from concorde was quite helpful in answering my queries,
the cost of accessorising the Manza are as follows

1) The alloys in the Manza launch cost 5000 a piece so a set of 5 would cost 25k +500 a tyre installation cost. Is this cost right or is the dealer mooching off money?

Also do the alloys have a functional purpose or its just the aesthetic part?

2) Dual tone art leather seat cover + Steering wheel cover- 6800Rs,

3) Reversing Sensors (only black available) +Reversing Camera= 4500 + 9000.

Allthese prices are from Concorde dealership @ Prabhadevi, Mumbai.

Last edited by MihirC : 22nd December 2009 at 17:40.
Old 22nd December 2009, 19:00   #614
BHPian

Default Received my Manza Aura+ on 21st Dec'09...Thanks Team BHP !!!

1st of all - heartiest thanks to all the Team Bhp members for discussing the Manza's various aspects. I've been religiously following this thread since the Manza's launch, and am thoroughly impressed by the content. This is my 1st post. While GTO's fabulous review helped make up my mind for Manza (I was half-heartedly considering Dzire !), the discussions thereafter really helped me firm up the decision, and finally, on 21st I have taken delivery of my Satin Gold Aura+. Thanks to all of you once again. :-)
manishparekh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2009, 19:29   #615
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Manish on your new baby!!, please post some pictures
Latheesh is offline   Reply With Quote