Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 22nd December 2009, 21:57   #616
BHPian

Congrats Manish for your new purchase. Do post the pics and your experience with the dealership and the new car. We will like to read your take on the vehicle and things you like about your new baby and any problems you faced.

But once again congrats, drive safely and enjoy your ride.
amikacin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2009, 10:47   #617

Default Great review, please add voice though !

GTO,

You are continuing to set really high benchmarks on writing reviews ! Exactly what the prospective buyer wants ! One bit that impressed me the most was the open wiring you captured in one of the pictures as an instance of fit & finish lapse. Just like our men in blue, TATA has a knack of spoiling what would otherwise be a near flawless effort

I have 1 request though - please add voice to the video review. If you covered in audio what you wrote, it would be the most informative (& unbiased) review ever done on the car !
db2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2009, 11:04   #618
BHPian

Default Manza Aura+

Well, I must say I was lucky somewhat, or had the right agent. I booked it on 25/11, and the car was delivered on 21/12 ! have been driving a getz so am very careful with the manza, getting used to its dimensions so as not to get a love bite so soon ! well, some "first notes" :

-ves :
1) switching form petrol to diesel - i find the noise an irritant - and probably the only one. hope to get used to it. some members said it was silent - well, not so silent i must say - or perhaps its a petrolbrain prejudice.
2) missing the bottle holders of right size. there's a useful tray under the co-passenger seat but its difficult to put in or take out a bisleri 1 ltr bottle. can anyone advice if there are any fittings available that can be integrated behind the hand brake ?
3) also missing a place to keep the cd's below the music system.
4) the temp dial suddenly stopped working - have to go to the dealer today to get it done.

+ves :
1) the central lock is standard - closes all doors once you start the vehicle, and opens all when you shut off the ignition.
2) the front upper light stays on after you have exited, and slowly dims off - a nice feature.
3) bargained a 35% discount on insurance - got it without any hassle.
4) free mats & mud flaps.

no other freebees.
got the car paint protected & underbody coated at extra cost.

more soon after i drive around !!!
manishparekh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2009, 11:06   #619
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishparekh View Post
and finally, on 21st I have taken delivery of my Satin Gold Aura+. Thanks to all of you once again. :-)
Congratulations! You owe us an ownership report. Please create a new thread with full details (and, of course, pictures!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by db2000 View Post
I have 1 request though - please add voice to the video review. If you covered in audio what you wrote, it would be the most informative (& unbiased) review ever done on the car !
Hi DB, your suggestion will be considered. Thanks
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2009, 12:37   #620

Sorry for the late update : Yes I got "mera wala red Aura+" delivered on 18th Dec, on my wife's b'day. Throughout the day there was suspense, wether I shall be able to get it on that day or not, courtesy HDFC bank's loan department. I had to personally go to Bank & shout. Thankfully loan disbursal officer understood my "language" & assured- "Come what may happen, you would get your car today Sir"
By 19:00 hrs Red Beauty was ready for delivery. From 18th Dec till today I have driven it approx 400Km & it has been a Fun driving that.Currently I have got the Avg of 11Km/Liter with 95% AC on Mumbai Roads.

+ve Points: Sitting inside cabin, absolutely no engine noise. First two days, I cranked the ignition 3-4 times in start mode.
Superb cooling effect.
Bluetooth pairing of mobile phone. The person who calls you from outside, get to hear superb voice clarity.
Space & other stuffs are already mentioned quite a few times, so not repeating.
Impressive Music System

-ve Points: Plastic finish is bit rough. Specially the steering wheel's lower/inside edge.If you tend to play with Steering while from bottom side, quite a chance of hand getting bruised.
Miss small utility/glove box, where you can keep those petrol bills & small notes etc. Only storage is the BIG glove box.
I faced slight visibility problem due to the A Pillar, specially when you turn right. I had to toggle between windscreen & Drive side Window screen to have the clear view. May be becoz of my seat adjustment, though I am not sure. But I am getting acquainted with that.
As some one said, water bottle holder should had been there.

Overall quite satisfied with the new possession. Till now it has been a head-turner, as received compliments like" till now we had seen it in Advts only, first time in flesh". One Auto wala said, "Tata ne mast gaari banayela hai" I took that as compliment!

I have not been able to take the photo as yet. Planning to take & upload shortly.
Cheers:-
ethereal
ethereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2009, 23:10   #621
BHPian

Default Finally got my Manza QJD Aura+ Dew White

Today my manza QJD Aura+ Dew White got delivered finally after a long wait.
I really liked the color.It looks neat.Exterior is excellent finish but interiors some niggling issues are there.I will post more details later..
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-imag0049.jpg  

Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-imag0050.jpg  

Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-imag0047.jpg  

lijodavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2009, 05:02   #622
BHPian

WOW! it's raining manza in tbhp. Do we have a count? Seems like manza is on it's way to be the most owned car in tbhp.
gshanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2009, 08:40   #623
Senior - BHPian

Lijo : Congrats on your new acquisition. Manza looks beautiful in white

Please remove red colour dealer sticker from the boot, it looks odd and spoil the looks of the car
Latheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2009, 09:27   #624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gshanky View Post
WOW! it's raining manza in tbhp. Do we have a count? Seems like manza is on it's way to be the most owned car in tbhp.
Looks like. Let me start the count
vjoy3 - Satin gold
rite2shree - Satin Gold
lijo - White
ethereal - Red
gagz - Black

Thats 5 I can remember and different colours too. Anyone I missed out?

Last edited by adits : 24th December 2009 at 09:31.
adits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2009, 09:28   #625
BHPian

Congrats lijo. Start a new thread with more pics and your experience.
rite2shree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2009, 09:37   #626
BHPian

very nice color.

yesterday i saw a manza in a similar white color. i must say it looks very good. the fit and finish of paint job is exemplary.

many congrats on you buy.
pb10gagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2009, 10:04   #627
Senior - BHPian

@lijodavis congratz. the car looks good in white. as @Latheesh said, please remove the 'hyson' sticker - it is really out of place.

ps: did you book the car at Thrissur Hyson itself?
theexperthand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2009, 10:34   #628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
@lijodavis congratz. the car looks good in white. as @Latheesh said, please remove the 'hyson' sticker - it is really out of place.

ps: did you book the car at Thrissur Hyson itself?
Yes at Thrissur Hyson itself.I will be soon start a new thread with more photos and data. I am looking for alloys,reverse sensors and seat covers,also some sticker work like vista anniversary edition.Can you suggest some ideas for sticker work? matt or glossy?Will any 15" alloy fit with manza or any particular specs?
lijodavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2009, 10:41   #629
Senior - BHPian

Hi friend,
Your Manza looks great. Really exteriors are superior to other Tata cars. Let us have your new thread at the earliest.
navan49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2009, 13:14   #630
BHPian

Default Congrats

Quote:
Originally Posted by lijodavis View Post
Yes at Thrissur Hyson itself.I will be soon start a new thread with more photos and data. I am looking for alloys,reverse sensors and seat covers,also some sticker work like vista anniversary edition.Can you suggest some ideas for sticker work? matt or glossy?Will any 15" alloy fit with manza or any particular specs?
Dear Lijo, heartiest congratulations on your new buy. Not all 15" wheels will fit Manza, The PCD of the wheels need to be taken into account, For most tata cars the PCD is 108 hopefully the same has been maintained for Manza. Please correct me If im wrong guys.

Also I was quoted 6800 Rs, by Concorde Mumbai, for dual tone seat covers, 13500 Rs for Parking sensors + rear camera (only sensors were 4.5K). The alloys from the dealer were for 5K a piece + 200 Rs a piece installation charges.Total for alloys was 26k (5 wheels).

Hope this helps. Enjoy the ride mate.

PS: Mods please edit/remove this sentence if its not right for this thread- I just got the news that TATA is "interested" in FIAT if you get my drift, This might be just a rumor but the source has been reliable till now.

Last edited by MihirC : 24th December 2009 at 13:24.
MihirC is offline   Reply With Quote