Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 8th January 2010, 15:29   #676
BHPian

Nokia E51 sound-not-getting-conveyed-thru-mic issue.....took my car to Tata dealer along with Blaupunkt representative. Another Manza was there for the same reason - incoming calls are audible but outgoing voice not getting conveyed thru mic. After lots of tests & interchanging of systems etc. the problem was identified as faulty mic - in both the cars ! A seperate mic when attached to the system worked fine. The Blaupunkt rep said that it wasnt their systems fault, and that the wiring might have got damaged and hence the mic wasnt working. So basically I have to coordinate with the Tata dealer and get the mic replaced. Wonder how long thats going to take....
manishparekh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2010, 20:15   #677
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Attachment 257457

I do not like the way it's rear looks. Something is definitely disproportionate. It looks as if the body is loaded on to some carriage platform and the tires are of that.
My view is the exact opposite. I LOVE the Manza's rear end design. All it needs is fatter rubber. In fact, I like the rear look far more than the front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin1 View Post
Any suggestions on how you got the discount a whopping 35% on insurance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drsk View Post
Now thats a huuuge difference on the insurance amount! I am really curious to know how this can happen.
Some of us even manage 65% off! Here's how (ARTICLE: No Claim Bonus - How to save on your insurance premiums!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihirC View Post
The only color left is black which we all love. Now the only concern is maintainance of black color as we are afraid that even the smallest scratches will be stark visible to the eye. Guys with black cars and Sunil as well please advice..
3 of the 4 cars in my garage are black, and I don't find the maintenance to be high at all. Just get them waxed / polished once in 6 months and you are all set.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2010, 21:03   #678
BHPian

I am too new for the technical stuff, my dear. There are lot of senior team memebers who will put in their expert opinion for your benefit. All I can say is you have a great car and I hope you will enjoy it for years to come. Good Luck :-)
womanonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2010, 00:16   #679
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 9th January 2010 at 15:10.
MihirC is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 9th January 2010, 17:50   #680
BHPian

Nokia E51 pairing to Blue5.....well, took the car with faulty mic to another dealer, and lo - it worked without any issues !!! No meddling with the wires or even opening the trims. It just started working by itself. I'm skeptical that it may stop again any moment - pretty adhoc sort of working here.
manishparekh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2010, 16:32   #681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishparekh View Post
Nokia E51 pairing to Blue5.....well, took the car with faulty mic to another dealer, and lo - it worked without any issues !!! No meddling with the wires or even opening the trims. It just started working by itself. I'm skeptical that it may stop again any moment - pretty adhoc sort of working here.
This does not give any confidence in its operation.
drsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2010, 09:03   #682
BHPian

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Some of us even manage 65% off! Here's how (ARTICLE: No Claim Bonus - How to save on your insurance premiums!).

Thanks for the thread/link GTO. However i have a very unique problem, I have an old zen for which i do not have comprehensive insurance,only have 3rd party and hence i think i would not be able to transfer the NCB onto my new car.
However have got some agents running behind me now,hopeful of getting an offer close to 15k for my Aura ABS d-white.
PS: will be booking on the 16th of JAN.

3 of the 4 cars in my garage are black, and I don't find the maintenance to be high at all. Just get them waxed / polished once in 6 months and you are all set.
Personally black would have been my colour of choice,but for the fear of the AC having to work overtime to kill the heat absorbed by the colour black.
kingpin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2010, 09:24   #683
BHPian

A break up of what Concord Bangalore are offering,

AURA Qjet: D-white.

Invoice Price Comp Insur Life time tax regn,trnsp, On road Ext Warr Net
other chrgs
590880 19850 84496 5000 700226 5250 705476

AURA Qjet-white ABS:

Invoice Price Comp Insur Life time tax regn,trnsp, On road Ext Warr Net
other chrgs
625085 19943 89387 5000 739415 5250 744665

The white is marginally (around 5000) more than the other colors. Dealer promises accessories like Flaps,perfume,mats etc.
Old 13th January 2010, 11:14   #684
BHPian

an insanely newbie Q - Is there a minimum speed at which ABS kicks in? I mean, it will be silly for it to kick in if panic breaking is applied at 40 kmph. I was wondering if ABS will mean that much for a sensible person with family on board doing a sedate 80 kmph on highways.
WindRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2010, 12:37   #685
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
an insanely newbie Q - Is there a minimum speed at which ABS kicks in? I mean, it will be silly for it to kick in if panic breaking is applied at 40 kmph. I was wondering if ABS will mean that much for a sensible person with family on board doing a sedate 80 kmph on highways.

Well ABS doesn't have much to do with the speed of the car, rather it basically does exactly what the name suggests, prevents the brakes from locking up.

Depending on road conditions, frictional properties (of the road and the tyre) in the equation etc., the ABS system ensures that the car can be steered even under emergency braking. When the wheels lock up and the car skids, one cannot steer the car, hence the ABS system. Wheels can lock at very low speeds too( think about roads after a light shower or a little amount of sand).

A "sedate" 80kmph can be enough for a bad accident (remember it's not always your speed that matters) and ensuring that one can actually take evasive action (steer) all the while braking heavily is a boon on our manic highways.
Amartya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2010, 13:37   #686
BHPian

@Amartya - Thanks for taking the car speed out of the equation as far as ABS is concerned.
Now, I understand there is a lot of electronics behind ABS (read - a lot of thinks that can go phut for little or no reason).
1. What typically is the cost of repairing ABS?
2. Does insurance cover a conked out ABS system? I heard repair/refix costs for airbags run into lakhs or rupees for certain car models.
3. Suppose i choose not to repair ABS (for obvious reasons), <warning-stupid qtn follows> does my car continue to have a BRAKE???!
WindRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2010, 19:33   #687
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
1. What typically is the cost of repairing ABS?
2. Does insurance cover a conked out ABS system? I heard repair/refix costs for airbags run into lakhs or rupees for certain car models.
ABS systems are designed to last the lifetime of the car. Airbags, until they are used, have a factory life of 10 years.

Quote:
Suppose i choose not to repair ABS (for obvious reasons), <warning-stupid qtn follows> does my car continue to have a BRAKE???!
Even if the ABS system has a malfunction, the braking system - most vital part of the car - will function just as it should (in non-ABS mode).

No offence, but you are worrying too much. Neither are ABS systems known to require frequent repair, nor do the brakes fail if the ABS malfunctions.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2010, 15:54   #688
BHPian

Kingpin, I am taking the delivery of my Manza petrol from Concorde this week, what other freebies is Concorde offering? On my car they have agreed to give me only floor mats and mudflaps.
Viper21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2010, 18:24   #689
BHPian

Default Manza price update for 2010

Hi guys, just spoke to Concorde motors ,mumbai if there is any price hike for manza.

1) The petrol Manzas price has been increased by only 35 Rs- God knows what calculations they must have worked out for increasing 35 Rs.

2) The Diesel prices have been increased by 5000 Rs.

The sales rep had no idea if any new colours were being launched.

Hoping for the purple-red colour on the T-Jet

P.S- The above prices were enquired for the Aura+ versions.

Last edited by MihirC : 14th January 2010 at 18:30.
MihirC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2010, 19:08   #690
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper21 View Post
Kingpin, I am taking the delivery of my Manza petrol from Concorde this week, what other freebies is Concorde offering? On my car they have agreed to give me only floor mats and mudflaps.
Firstly,congrats on your new car.

Secondly, Yes Viper21, thats about it. Mud flaps,Mats and he also was threw in a perfume after a lot of shameless hassling. Looks like the manza sales numbers have made them extremely confident.
And if i may ask a q, Why the petrol and not the diesel?