Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 20th January 2010, 11:54   #721
BHPian

Default Leather covers for 15 K

Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_sandiego View Post
yes. You are correct. #3,4 are alternates so either one would do the basic job, though the Camera+ LCD option gives you a view of what is behind your bumpers as well . I am planning to go only for the bare sensors as i think the LCD display will clutter the dash.. ( plus i want to keep my GPS PND there as well )

Does the Leather seat cover price look OK? Sounds high to me.

Cheers
MSK
Dear diego,

One of the Manza owners on this forum, Mr. Sunil Albal from pune has got his real leather covers done for 15 k. You can get in touch with him for details. I think no matter what state a 10k difference is too much. Though it also depends on the quality as well but do confirm with him.

Heres the link to his thread-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ura-abs-3.html (500 kms on my Infinity Black Manza (Quadrajet Aura ABS))

Check out post #35.

Hope this helps

Last edited by MihirC : 20th January 2010 at 12:01.
MihirC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2010, 17:12   #722
BHPian

Default E-51 pairing - mic issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by introvert7 View Post
@manishparekh: My experiences exactly. The first time I did it, it did not seem to work, the second time, it did. And about that Tata rep, please do tell him that other users' E51 works, and so did yours. I am fed up with representatives not having any clue of what they are selling(had a similar problem with a Voltas AC, it gives too much noise, and the rep's face looks like this : ).

Please notify on this thread about any other issue you face, I'll see the same on my car. Who knows what other problems we are going to face .

BTW, can you please tell WHERE the guy installed the separate mic?
The system mic is located above the rear view mirror, stuck on the glass.
I must commend the Blaupunkt guys - they arranged a new mic with cables, called me up and arranged for the replacement at a Tata service. The earlier mic & cables that came out didnt look cut or stretched in any place - dont know why it didnt work and then did. As of now the system is working fine.

Has anyone had any issue with the temperature dial ? Mine works sometimes and sometimes doesnt.....any inputs ?
manishparekh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2010, 20:47   #723
BHPian

where have all the manza owners gone?? We get to know of new purchases but no updates after that. Looks like people are too comfortable in the manza to be bothered with updating us
adits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2010, 23:53   #724
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adits View Post
where have all the manza owners gone?? We get to know of new purchases but no updates after that. Looks like people are too comfortable in the manza to be bothered with updating us
I guess that is a normal Human tendency. When everything fine and good, we dont complement, if anything goes wrong, we will start a new thread to show the anger and frustration. So i guess all is well with the current Manza owners. As the number of cars on road increase, no of complaints also will increase.
teamveevee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2010, 02:13   #725
BHPian

Default Good to see niggle free Manza's.

Good to see niggle free Manza's. I think we have atleast half a dozen manza owners on the board and no one is complaining.

Does any one point me to the monthly sales report for december 2009. ALso, is there any easy way to find out this report.
airbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2010, 10:59   #726
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
I guess that is a normal Human tendency. When everything fine and good, we dont complement, ....
Hmmm... very Linux-like - no output indicates everything's going fine
WindRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2010, 11:54   #727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbender View Post
Good to see niggle free Manza's. I think we have atleast half a dozen manza owners on the board and no one is complaining.
From following this thread here I see 3 issues/niggles faced.

1. Temperature reading - inconsistent working.
2. Combi-switch related issues have been reported and they are replaced by the dealer.
3. Bluetooth system is not consistent with Nokia E51. This can not be considered officially as an issue as the phone is not listed under the compatible phone list.

Of these only the combi-switch looks a bit serious. Only the owners or experts can best comment on that.
drsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2010, 12:51   #728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsk View Post
From following this thread here I see 3 issues/niggles faced.

1. Temperature reading - inconsistent working.
2. Combi-switch related issues have been reported and they are replaced by the dealer.
3. Bluetooth system is not consistent with Nokia E51. This can not be considered officially as an issue as the phone is not listed under the compatible phone list.

Of these only the combi-switch looks a bit serious. Only the owners or experts can best comment on that.
Add vjoy's problem with the horn going off due to a shorted wire. Not an issue but a minor irritant nevertheless.
Also, the problem for the E51 was traced to a faulty mic and so it can still be qualified as a niggle faced.
adits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2010, 14:21   #729
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adits View Post
Add vjoy's problem with the horn going off due to a shorted wire. Not an issue but a minor irritant nevertheless.
Also, the problem for the E51 was traced to a faulty mic and so it can still be qualified as a niggle faced.
From what I understand from vjoy's post is that the horn going off was also due to a faulty combi-switch which also causes the problem with the indicators.

And regarding E51, I think the problem was not with the mic. As the system started working correctly with the same faulty mic. Have pasted manish's posts here for reference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishparekh View Post
Nokia E51 sound-not-getting-conveyed-thru-mic issue.....took my car to Tata dealer along with Blaupunkt representative. Another Manza was there for the same reason - incoming calls are audible but outgoing voice not getting conveyed thru mic. After lots of tests & interchanging of systems etc. the problem was identified as faulty mic - in both the cars ! A seperate mic when attached to the system worked fine. The Blaupunkt rep said that it wasnt their systems fault, and that the wiring might have got damaged and hence the mic wasnt working. So basically I have to coordinate with the Tata dealer and get the mic replaced. Wonder how long thats going to take....
Quote:
Nokia E51 pairing to Blue5.....well, took the car with faulty mic to another dealer, and lo - it worked without any issues !!! No meddling with the wires or even opening the trims. It just started working by itself. I'm skeptical that it may stop again any moment - pretty adhoc sort of working here.
drsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2010, 15:38   #730
Senior - BHPian

you might want to check here as well
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...oblems-30.html (Indica Vista - list of Known problems)
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2010, 16:15   #731
BHPian

Diesel Manza Aura+ : Just completed the 1st service after 1 month. Received an sms alert from TATA motors that my Manza was ready for pick up after service, which was nice. Have clocked 744 kms, and the Average shows 13.80 km/ltr for 70% city + 30% highway driving with 60% time a/c on. No major issues till now in the car - overall pretty satisfactory. Being petrol-biased, the sound is a bit nagging - but I was told that it would REDUCE over time - is that really so ? I would think that the sound INCREASES over time in diesel engines.

Other issues :
Nokia E-51 pairing issue is resolved and works fine.
Interestingly (and perhaps everyone knows this, but still...) the music player can also play the songs on your mobile via the bluetooth pairing - which is fun.
The OE mudflaps have still not arrived !
Old 22nd January 2010, 10:40   #732
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Being petrol-biased, the sound is a bit nagging - but I was told that it would REDUCE over time - is that really so ? I would think that the sound INCREASES over time in diesel engines.
Not so much the engine sound, but once the diesel engine settles in (say, 5,000 - 7,500 kms), you'll see an improvement in behaviour. It'll revv more freely and performance will be better as well (compared to a <1,000 kms engine).

Since you mentioned engine sound, I must add : That Fiat 1.4 isn't exactly a silent unit.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2010, 11:20   #733
BHPian

Default Running in...or what its called....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Not so much the engine sound, but once the diesel engine settles in (say, 5,000 - 7,500 kms), you'll see an improvement in behaviour. It'll revv more freely and performance will be better as well (compared to a <1,000 kms engine).

Since you mentioned engine sound, I must add : That Fiat 1.4 isn't exactly a silent unit.
Thanks for the input, GTO. Now, though its a little late to ask - but nevertheless, since I am new to the diesel engine - what exactly do I do in the "Running in" (or whatever its called) period to ensure proper engine tune up & performance ? And normally how long is this period ?
Old 23rd January 2010, 10:52   #734
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
what exactly do I do in the "Running in" (or whatever its called) period to ensure proper engine tune up & performance ? And normally how long is this period ?
Manish, this thread (ARTICLE: How to Run-In your new car) is your new best friend
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2010, 16:45   #735
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
But we are talking about the TATA Manza isn't it?
kingpin1 is offline   Reply With Quote