Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 29th January 2010, 02:51   #781
BHPian

Default Tata sold another Manza!

Booked my Minimal Grey Aura+ Quadrajet at Autofin Limited on Monday (Jan 25) which was already in transit and got it delivered on Wednesday (Jan 27). I don't think I ever got a car delivered so quickly! Let me make some quick notes here:

- Would-be Manza owners: please check the side indicator assembly on the doors. The left assembly on my car was not properly fixed. You may look at the pic for reference.

- After 90 kms of driving, I heard a couple of squeaks when my car went over a few bumps. I could not replicate the noise again but I'm sure I can expect it again. So this niggle continues.

- The combi-switch issue seems to plague a few initial cars only and appears to have been resolved.

Another friend booked a Satin Gold Aura+ Quadrajet last week at Malik Cars and is expecting delivery next week. I happened to visit Malik Cars last week and noticed a Manza being delivered, one being readied for delivery and 3 more in their lot. So sales are definitely starting to pick up. Another friend is shopping for a new car and is strongly leaning towards the Manza.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-p1280129.jpg  

kd5kvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2010, 11:27   #782
BHPian

> "Camry sold in india uses same parts as the one sold in US or Japan. They still don't recall in india"

TOI says the recall only affects Toyota cars made in N.America since the supplier is different for that region than the ones for APAC. That's why cars are not recalled in Japan/India.

> "If you have a problem with the car and drop it at the showroom in us/Japan when under warranty they give a rental car for free for the period the car is being worked on. Does this happen in India."

TATA does this. One of the tbhian's was offered a temp car when his Vista went in for major repairs.

> "ALso most auto makers offer 50000 miles/ 5 years warranty in us/japan. What about in India."

Is Ford Figo launching with such an offer?
WindRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2010, 12:33   #783
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
> "Camry sold in india uses same parts as the one sold in US or Japan. They still don't recall in india"

TOI says the recall only affects Toyota cars made in N.America since the supplier is different for that region than the ones for APAC. That's why cars are not recalled in Japan/India.
and you believe ? this there are N number of recalls every year in EU , US and Japan in last 10 years but none so far in India
amitk26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2010, 13:09   #784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
and you believe ?
In all innocense, i do.
If iam wrong, there is a HUGE reason to it - India is a relatively "immature market" (as against the mature markets you mentioned - EU, US and Japan).
Just look at the number of car models Toyota has made available in India as against in the developed markets. The yardstick is bound to be different for different markets. Is it ethical? You know the answer.

For car manufacturers its the Jerry Maguire thing - "Show me the money!".
Markets that generate more moolah gets preferential treatment.

Capitalism comrade, capitalism. Lal salaam.

But be patient, things are changing. India will soon gain entry to the exclusive "mature markets" club.

India is suddenly important and increasingly visible in the Videshi CEO's radar. And his eyes are gleaming looking at the vast unexplored Indian automobile landscape. And he is bound to make his moves.
WindRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2010, 17:39   #785
BHPian

Hello friends ! Why are we discussing stuff other than the Manza ? :-)
@kd5kvn : I too noticed the squeaks when going over bumps - the issue remains.

I've noticed a definite keen interest even among premium-payment-capable buyers to evaluate the Manza. Says something, doesnt it ?
manishparekh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2010, 18:00   #786
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Note from Mod : Please restrict this discussion exclusively to Tata Manza comments. We have a separate thread on Toyota's recall.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2010, 10:18   #787
BHPian

Does anybody know exactly how many units has the Manza sold in Dec? By the no. of manzas i am beginning to see on Delhi roads (1-2 everyday in my 40km commute) It doesn't seem that the Manza is going to become another Palio/Logan/Getz/Versa.
windiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2010, 11:35   #788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
Does anybody know exactly how many units has the Manza sold in Dec? By the no. of manzas i am beginning to see on Delhi roads (1-2 everyday in my 40km commute) It doesn't seem that the Manza is going to become another Palio/Logan/Getz/Versa.
Total Indigo sales is 5,106. The wishful thinking on my part is that manza sold at least 3500 nos.

IMO manza itself is on its way to average around 6000 cars per month.
gshanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2010, 15:55   #789
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gshanky View Post
Total Indigo sales is 5,106. The wishful thinking on my part is that manza sold at least 3500 nos.

Good to know that the Manza sales seem to be picking up. But looks like the Manza owners on TBHP are enjoying their new rides too much. They seem to have disappeared.
adits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2010, 18:06   #790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gshanky View Post

Tata are clubbing Vista sales with Indica and Manza with Indigo CS/GL/Marina so theoretically it is possible that that out of 5106, 5000 are Indigo CS! Maybe someone can shed more light on this issue, since it would certainly please many to know for sure that the Manza is indeed doing well.
Old 31st January 2010, 18:59   #791
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
Tata are clubbing Vista sales with Indica and Manza with Indigo CS/GL/Marina so theoretically it is possible that that out of 5106, 5000 are Indigo CS! Maybe someone can shed more light on this issue, since it would certainly please many to know for sure that the Manza is indeed doing well.
Vista sales is not coupled with Indigo and Marina.
Trapezio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2010, 19:52   #792
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapezio View Post
Vista sales is not coupled with Indigo and Marina.
Sorry ... Typo... For 'Vista' in the First line, read 'Manza'
Old 31st January 2010, 20:00   #793
BHPian

@ kd5kvn
The rubber on the side indicators are fixed the same on my car as well.

So after driving around for quite a bit here are my impressions on the car.
-The petrol version is smooth to drive however at lower RPMs i feel the engine noise is a little too much(Sometimes sounds like a diesel) . But when i down shift and get the RPMs up to like 2500 the sound is no more there. Should be a perfect case of speed-Gear mismatch. Nevertheless i will get that checked.
-On Saturday went out of station and while going towards Mysore ,hit a speed breaker (didn't look like a planned speed breaker though) at around 60 KPH(didn't notice the exact speed). Thankfully my family was safe in spite of a not-so-good landing. However the next morning , i noticed that the coolant had leaked (the tank was not emptied) but the level had gone below the MIN mark. Called Concorde and told them and got it inspected too. They diagnosed it to a small cut in the pipe that connects the radiator, I am not sure if hitting the speed breaker had caused this. I plan to take it to Concorde to get it replaced. (Apparently they will take a day for the replacing)
-The front right door needs a little more force to close.
-Overall average of 10.2 with AC (mixed highway and Mysore road traffic)

Any Manza petrol owners please share your average fuel economy.

Off topic : My colleagues were just too shocked to believe that this is a TATA car. One of them made a face when i told him i bought a TATA make. When he saw the car he said "this is so unlike TATA and the drive and comfort levels were of a level above". That brought a smile to my face.

Also, i think i have brought this up before, but still i do not see many Manzas on the road in Bangalore. Can someone provide the exact sales numbers of the Manza?
Viper21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2010, 22:17   #794
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper21 View Post
@ kd5kvn

Also, i think i have brought this up before, but still i do not see many Manzas on the road in Bangalore. Can someone provide the exact sales numbers of the Manza?
I saw atleast 8-10 Manzas on Bangalore roads till date, spotted 2 today.
It'll take atleast 6 months to see it on a regular basis. Till then enjoy the exclusivity.
Latheesh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2010, 23:22   #795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
I saw atleast 8-10 Manzas on Bangalore roads till date, spotted 2 today.
It'll take atleast 6 months to see it on a regular basis. Till then enjoy the exclusivity.
Same here have started spotting a lot of them now. 10 at least. However that i work close to WHitefield abngalore and the fact that i stoned driving to work and take the VOlvo must surely help me in spotting the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper21 View Post
@ kd5kvn
The rubber on the side indicators are fixed the same on my car as well.

So after driving around for quite a bit here are my impressions on the car.
-The petrol version is smooth to drive however at lower RPMs i feel the engine noise is a little too much(Sometimes sounds like a diesel) . But when i down shift and get the RPMs up to like 2500 the sound is no more there. Should be a perfect case of speed-Gear mismatch. Nevertheless i will get that checked.
-On Saturday went out of station and while going towards Mysore ,hit a speed breaker (didn't look like a planned speed breaker though) at around 60 KPH(didn't notice the exact speed). Thankfully my family was safe in spite of a not-so-good landing. However the next morning , i noticed that the coolant had leaked (the tank was not emptied) but the level had gone below the MIN mark. Called Concorde and told them and got it inspected too. They diagnosed it to a small cut in the pipe that connects the radiator, I am not sure if hitting the speed breaker had caused this. I plan to take it to Concorde to get it replaced. (Apparently they will take a day for the replacing)
-The front right door needs a little more force to close.
-Overall average of 10.2 with AC (mixed highway and Mysore road traffic)

Any Manza petrol owners please share your average fuel economy.

Off topic : My colleagues were just too shocked to believe that this is a TATA car. One of them made a face when i told him i bought a TATA make. When he saw the car he said "this is so unlike TATA and the drive and comfort levels were of a level above". That brought a smile to my face.

A lot of nay sayers will turn around! This is TATA's best as yet. Manza has done a lot to the TATA image, need more of this to continue and if the concorde bangalore guys are anything to go by, After sales also has improved considerably.
kingpin1 is offline   Reply With Quote