Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 3rd February 2010, 17:47   #811
BHPian

Hi Guys,
Our Breeze Blue Manza Aura ABS is on it's way and should be here within a fortnight. I am sourcing some accessories since availibility of what I want in Jamshedpur is really bad. I plan on getting the following:
1) Upgraded Tyres and Alloys (I am currently researching this and will post more information in the Manza Wheels thread)
2) High Security Registration Plates - Can someone give me the dimensions of their number plates please - I need to get these done outside Jamshedpur as no one does HSRPs.
3) PUC Art Leather Covers - I want something simple & beige to match the dash. Ready made would be better since, I can buy them from Cal or another Metro. Any recommendations?
4) Are reverse sensors needed due to the high waistline and boot?
5) What is the lightest opacity one get for effective tints. I do not want to comprimise visibility but would like high quality tints in charcoal or grey to minimize the heat getting in the car.

Also, can anybody put up an official accessories price list & brochure. My dealer does not seem to have this yet.

Cheers,
V

P.S. The dealer was pushing Teflon and underbody rust protection. I have declined. I assume this is the right move?

Last edited by vcash : 3rd February 2010 at 17:53.
vcash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2010, 09:17   #812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhil@Bengaluru View Post
Gave my Manza (Diesel Aura ABS) for first service at 2100 Kms at Concorde Bangalore (dairy circle).

Following were the problems which i have faced till now.

- Whenever tried taking the car at bit high speed (around 40 km/h) over small humps was getting a Big DHUD sound from left side (front wheel). Had reported the same during the servicing. They did some changes to suspension and now the drive is bit harder.Yet to check if the same sound will repeat.
Checked today. Issue still there.
Still getting big DHUD sound from left side (front wheel).
Only the ride quality is deteriorated (Bit hard over potholes)
Taking car to Concorde this Saturday again.
Anyone else facing the same issue?
Akhil@Bengaluru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2010, 16:00   #813
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, the dhud is very much there and the fall after the bump is pretty uncomfortable. my fe @ 1100 kms is 14.4 kmpl.
manishparekh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2010, 16:49   #814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishparekh View Post
Yes, the dhud is very much there and the fall after the bump is pretty uncomfortable. my fe @ 1100 kms is 14.4 kmpl.
Manish,Please check if sound is coming only from One side or both sides.
For me it is from Left side and more from Front wheel.
If i take the car in very slow speed (below 20 kmph) then the sound is not coming.
Akhil@Bengaluru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2010, 14:21   #815
BHPian

Quote:
Manish,Please check if sound is coming only from One side or both sides.
For me it is from Left side and more from Front wheel.
If i take the car in very slow speed (below 20 kmph) then the sound is not coming.
The sound is perceptibly from the left side, but i cant make out whether it is from front or back - possible back.
manishparekh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2010, 22:10   #816

Default Delivery of my Manza

Guys, went to the TAFE dealership to take delivery today.. The car had already arrived 5 days ago and they had completed all the PDI and had kept it spotless in the backyard. I told them to create the Invoice only after i finish my inspection.

So with bated breath i waited till the guy brought it out to the front yard !!! This is where the darnest thing happened.. The driver while reversing ( on to the platform ) let the vehicle roll forward and hit the curb and made an ugly dent in the front bumper. I went ( Just like TATA, TATA dealerships have the last mile problem :-( .. The salesman and the driver got into a argument and immediately went to the workshop and then called me 15 mins later saying the entire front bumper has to be changed.. The GM came and apologized to me and said that he will change the entire bumper and make it all nice and clean again and not to cancel the booking.

I agreed and went thru the entire checklist. To my pleasant surprise everything worked just fine 100%. there were a few problems in the Teflon coat ( not sure if it was a issue with the Teflon coat or the paint ) but the salesman said they will do one final polish before delivery.. Audio/USB/BT/AC/Power windows/head Lights/Fog lights/Indicators/Fluid levels etc everything was fabulous. No complaints.. I cranked the engine and looked for leaks etc.. the radiator fan etc were all fine.. The interiors had some hand dirt marks asif someone had touched it while doing the Teflon.. anyway they agreed to clean it for me.. Since the bumper change will take a day or so, we agreed to re-schedule the delivery for Monday.

Could not check the 12V sockets in the front/back and also need to test drive to make sure everything is running. Forgot to ask them about the combi switch.. will do it on MOnday..

Came back disappointed not being able to have the car for the weekend. Anyway, happy that i did not find any problems with the car/controls. If only the stupid driver was careful in backing up, i would be starting at my Manza now :-(

More after i pick up the car on MOnday,

Cheers
MSK
cry_sandiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2010, 12:29   #817
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Sorry to hear about that incident. All the best for Monday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_sandiego View Post
Audio/USB/BT/AC/Power windows/head Lights/Fog lights/Indicators/Fluid levels etc everything was fabulous. No complaints.. I cranked the engine and looked for leaks etc.. the radiator fan etc were all fine..
Since 1986, in all these years whenever I have taken delivery of cars Starting from a Maruti Van in Chennai, driving out of the dealership would be the first time I would have laid eyes on the vehicle allotted to me. The story was the same even for the last car that I took delivery.

I have been extremely lucky, I guess, I have never gone back for any delivery niggles!

Last edited by trrk : 6th February 2010 at 12:31.
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2010, 21:18   #818
BHPian

Can any QJD Manza owner please confirm if BS - IV is written anywhere in/on the car or on the RC or the owners manual? I am going to book a QJD Aura shortly from CSD Depot Patiala and am apprehensive that if it arrives after 31 Mar, it might not be registered in Delhi at all. Some guys say that Manza is BS-IV compliant, how to prove it? is it written somewhere??
windiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2010, 22:26   #819
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Akhil, I am getting the sound too but thats only if i go over speedbreakers at like 40 KMPH and yes its a loud DHUD. I thought it from the front left area and i noticed that the sound comes when its landing not when it hits the speadbreaker. But its only at high speed over the speadbreaker that this sound is heard. Also when the car goes over the speedbreaker i hear a sound as though the shocks are not lubricated. Any improvement after getting it checked?

Also this is the first time i am having a vehicle with power steering. Does the steering wheel automatically start turning towards the center position when you speed up after taking the turn? I feel the power steering in my car is bit hard. Maybe its supposed to be like that because its hydraulic but just wanted to confirm.
Viper21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2010, 02:08   #820
BHPian

The sound from the suspension in my car is pretty irregular. I don't think its a matter of how fast the vehicle is traveling but the size of the speed breaker and how high up the chassis is pushed by the suspension. I've come to this conclusion because the noise comes on for me sometimes even at slow speeds and is sometimes not heard at all at high speeds.

Additionally, the noise either only comes from the RHS suspension or from both front suspensions depending on the situation.

The question I'd like to put to the experts here is whether we should be bothered at all about this noise? Because honestly, I think if I point this out to the service guys they might actually make things worse. I've come to this conclusion based on Akhil's experience and my own experience on my 2004 Honda City Gxi CVT. Some of you will remember that Honda issued a recall of it's cars in that year to fix a damper issue in the new Honda City. My car was running fine till I took it in for the damper change. After they replaced the damper, I was hearing the same noise that I'm hearing now from my Manza.

Windiesel, the QJD is BS-III compliant.
kd5kvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2010, 03:58   #821
BHPian

I'm also happy to report that my Aura+ QJD is giving me FE of 17.8 km/l with AC on in city driving conditions. The DIS seems to be pretty accurate.
Old 9th February 2010, 08:11   #822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishparekh View Post
The sound is perceptibly from the left side, but i cant make out whether it is from front or back - possible back.
Quote:
Any updates,after the second visit?
I checked whether there is any sound when i go over small speed-breakers in my cousins Swift, at 30< there is no problem but above that there is a thud from the back! Maybe 30 or below is the speed for speed breakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by kd5kvn View Post
I'm also happy to report that my Aura+ QJD is giving me FE of 17.8 km/l with AC on in city driving conditions. The DIS seems to be pretty accurate.
Wooo Hooo That is a Maruti Ritz and not the manza, Fantastic stuff
kingpin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2010, 12:38   #823
BHPian

Quote:
Just for clarification, are you calculating the FE on Tank-full to tank-full basis?
drsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2010, 16:13   #824
BHPian

Drsk, yes. I've calculated it on a tank-full to tank-full basis. I managed to push it all the way to the bottom of the red mark on the fuel guage (got just over 700 kms for a full tank). When I topped it up the pump shut off at 38.6 liters and I stopped filling at 39 liters so there was actually about 5 liters left in the tank. According to my calculations I pegged the mileage at 17.92 and the DIS showed 17.8.

In fact, in the 3 weeks that I have owned this car, the AVG FE fluctuated between 18.4 and 17.8 on the DIS.
Old 9th February 2010, 17:16   #825
BHPian

Quote:
Drsk, yes. I've calculated it on a tank-full to tank-full basis. I managed to push it all the way to the bottom of the red mark on the fuel guage (got just over 700 kms for a full tank). When I topped it up the pump shut off at 38.6 liters and I stopped filling at 39 liters so there was actually about 5 liters left in the tank. According to my calculations I pegged the mileage at 17.92 and the DIS showed 17.8.

In fact, in the 3 weeks that I have owned this car, the AVG FE fluctuated between 18.4 and 17.8 on the DIS.
Wow! Thats cool .

For this reason alone there will be huge number of Manzas sold.
drsk is offline   Reply With Quote