Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 5th March 2010, 09:27   #931
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
FIRST INFORMATION REPORT!

Took delivery of Aura QJD in Porcelain White yesterday from the dealer in Patiala, and right from the showroom drove to Delhi(280 kms) on the famous GT Road (NH-1).(me and the Manza alone for 6 hrs- Honeymoon?). Quite like a marriage, on the way I discovered that things are not as they were made out to be! Every 50 kms or so I progressively found things missing. TATA has cut down on the features list. The AURA no longer has:
1. Parcel shelf woofers
2. Tilt adjustable steering
3. Leather wrapped gear knob
All the above are present in my colleagues Aura, which is a month old.

The car is an absolute delight on the highway! did'nt exceed 2000-2200 rpms. In 5th good for 80 at 2000 rpm. Detailed report and pics follow. Looks fantastic in white.
Firstly, Congrats! on a new car. Secondly all the above are present in my colleagues 3 day old Aura Quadrajet. He booked it on Feb 14th and took delivery a few days back. You might want to speak to your dealer about this. Strange!!

Last edited by kingpin1 : 5th March 2010 at 09:29. Reason: typos
kingpin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2010, 09:34   #932
BHPian

@windiesel

I thought Tilt steering is standard across the Manza range. Are you sure that you do not have it?

Last edited by Trapezio : 5th March 2010 at 09:38.
Trapezio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2010, 09:46   #933
BHPian

Quote:
TATA has cut down on the features list. The AURA no longer has:
1. Parcel shelf woofers
Whaaat ? How can they do that. It's some of these extra features that made the Manza a VFM car in the first place.
rishab.k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2010, 10:05   #934
BHPian

Quote:
... The AURA no longer has:
1. Parcel shelf woofers

How can they 'delete' features when they are mentioned in the brochure CLEARLY.

Time for you to have a friendly chat with your dealer. And don't delay it.
WindRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2010, 10:13   #935
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post

Time for you to have a friendly chat with your dealer.
Yes ,please do that.But before that I would suggest you confirm this with a dealer near you in Delhi & then call your dealer in Patiala, if needed.
Old 5th March 2010, 10:57   #936
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin1 View Post
... My Manza is a D-White,Shall post pics by tonight.Sorry to keep you waiting.
kingpin1 - we are still waiting!! Please update with the pics and your first impressions!!
Old 5th March 2010, 11:18   #937
BHPian

Quote:
The AURA no longer has:
1. Parcel shelf woofers
Congratulations!

Do you mean Dew White? Have not heard of Porcelain White.

And the omissions you mention are strange especially the tilt steering and woofers (Did you mean tweeters).

Leather covered gear knob I can understand since it is not mentioned in the brochure and they might have swapped the textile due to a shortage at the plant (?)

Will be interesting to see why these were omitted if you decide to check up with other dealers.

I will put my observations across when I spend some time with my car next week.

Cheers,
V
vcash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2010, 12:17   #938
BHPian

Default Congrats

Quote:
FIRST INFORMATION REPORT!

Took delivery of Aura QJD in Porcelain White yesterday from the dealer in Patiala, and right from the showroom drove to Delhi(280 kms) on the famous GT Road (NH-1).(me and the Manza alone for 6 hrs- Honeymoon?). Quite like a marriage, on the way I discovered that things are not as they were made out to be! Every 50 kms or so I progressively found things missing. TATA has cut down on the features list. The AURA no longer has:
1. Parcel shelf woofers

The car is an absolute delight on the highway! did'nt exceed 2000-2200 rpms. In 5th good for 80 at 2000 rpm. Detailed report and pics follow. Looks fantastic in white.
WinDiesel - congrats on the new car. It's actually a delight to drive manza on highway. Regarding the features - Leather wrapped gear knob actually starts from Aura ABS (it's not mentioned in the feature list though). The other two features are supposed to be there as they are standard on all variants (it's mentioned on the website).

I think you bought the car from Goyal Motors, Patiala. I purchased mine from them on 1st Feb. I hope they did not overcharge you for the ex-showroom as they did with me. I had to complain to TML to get the refund. My experience at their showroom was actually very bad. Not sure about your's. I think they might have removed the parcel tray with speakers (not woofers, as manza does not come with woofers). But I am not sure if one can remove the tilt steering function. Anyway, enjoy your new beauty!
amit1234singla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2010, 15:09   #939
BHPian

I stand corrected. The Tilt Adjustable Steering is very much present. Just could not locate the latch, it seems.

Went to Sanya motors in Delhi just now. They are confirming that Leather Gear Knob and Parcel shelf speakers have recently been discontinued in Aura and now they come in Aura ABS onwards. Is this the case?

Last edited by Technocrat : 5th March 2010 at 19:30. Reason: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 20 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.
windiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2010, 17:29   #940
BHPian

Quote:
They are confirming that Leather Gear Knob and Parcel shelf speakers have recently been discontinued in Aura and now they come in Aura ABS onwards. Is this the case?
That's surprising.Their website still lists four speakers plus two tweeters across all the variants of Manza.
Old 5th March 2010, 18:14   #941
Senior - BHPian

@windiesel - Write to TML regarding music system issue
Latheesh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2010, 19:35   #942
BHPian

Parcel shelf speakers are present only in Aura+ to my knowledge. Other models have rear speakers in the doors.
kd5kvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2010, 19:41   #943
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishab.k View Post
That's surprising.Their website still lists four speakers plus two tweeters across all the variants of Manza.
Six speakers are there, one in each door and two on the dash. What's missing is nos. 7 and 8 on the parcel shelf which were there in my friend's manza. Just showed the new Manza to my friend who is a renowned auto journo (and an old BHPian) and has therefore tested practically all indian vehicles. Glad to report that the car has met with his approval. He was in fact comparing it to his SX4 more than to his swift/palio 1.6. He was not very happy with the power steering though, feeling it to be a little on the harder side, and transferring a tad more feedback to the driver. Will try to post some pics tomorrow as soon as I can learn how to. Already driven the car 350 kms in two days! Enjoying every kilometer.

Last edited by windiesel : 5th March 2010 at 19:57. Reason: Some facts missed
windiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2010, 20:00   #944
BHPian

Quote:
Six speakers are there, one in each door and two on the dash. What's missing is nos. 7 and 8 on the parcel shelf .....
The brochure clearly says "Four Speakers + Two Tweeters". Manza does not come with speakers on rear parcel tray. Your friend must have installed it after taking delivery.

Last edited by WindRide : 5th March 2010 at 20:02.
Old 5th March 2010, 21:27   #945
BHPian

@ WindRide,

Have a look at this picture from GTO's review.

Last edited by rishab.k : 5th March 2010 at 21:41.