Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2010, 17:25   #991
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vadodara
Posts: 32
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhil@Bengaluru View Post
Mine is also Diesel Aura ABS, till now driven for around 3600 Kms avg FE is around 14-16 kmpl with 70-80% AC.most of the driving in city
I was told by the Dealer that FE will improve after the car clocks 5000 kms (i.e. after 2nd service). He estimates around 18kmpl !
manishparekh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2010, 11:58   #992
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 58
Thanked: 41 Times
Default manza mileage before the first service

Mine is a QJ Aura. I just completed 1300KM with 100% A/C. 30% on highway and 70% on City. I am getting 14.8KM plus per litre when I calculated from tank to tank refills . I had two full tanks since delivery and at least 2 liter diesel is still there in the tank . My first service is due on next week. I shall update the FE for long trip during the easter weekend.
sajanjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2010, 21:55   #993
BHPian
 
rki2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 664
Thanked: 138 Times
Default

Can anyone say what is the service intervals and no.of services(Kms/period).Thanks in advance.
rki2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2010, 23:26   #994
Senior - BHPian
 
harry10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Faridabad/Delhi
Posts: 2,226
Thanked: 578 Times
Default

Went to book Manza in procelain white today and dealer told me that aura Abs model doesn't comes in porcelain white and only in DP white which is a bit creamish. Can anyone confirmed this, its urgent ??
harry10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2010, 00:03   #995
BHPian
 
amitw79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 124
Thanked: 114 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Went to book Manza in procelain white today and dealer told me that aura Abs model doesn't comes in porcelain white and only in DP white which is a bit creamish. Can anyone confirmed this, its urgent ??
Yes Harry, thats what my dealer said to me as well when I was selecting the colors. So I guess it is true then
amitw79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2010, 14:55   #996
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 34
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitw79 View Post
Yes Harry, thats what my dealer said to me as well when I was selecting the colors. So I guess it is true then
Hi
Rupees 5K extra being charged for white color. Is it for DP White or Porcelain white ? Somehow on Tata Manza web site I could not find any mention of extra charge.
Cheers/
R.D.P.
R.D.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2010, 21:12   #997
Senior - BHPian
 
harry10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Faridabad/Delhi
Posts: 2,226
Thanked: 578 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.D.P. View Post
Hi
Rupees 5K extra being charged for white color. Is it for DP White or Porcelain white ? Somehow on Tata Manza web site I could not find any mention of extra charge.
Cheers/
R.D.P.
Its for DP white and i cant understand what the hell is special in that color for extra amount, anyone?
harry10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2010, 22:31   #998
BHPian
 
Akhil@Bengaluru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 100
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Need help on servicing

Guys need a little help in servicing interval. i have clocked 4000 kms on my Manza and this weekend have plan for a long drive of around 1400-1600 kms. Tata recommends second free service at 5000-5500 kms or 6 months.
Should i get the servicing done before the trip (at 4000kms) or after the trip please give your suggestions.
Akhil@Bengaluru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2010, 12:51   #999
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 628
Thanked: 132 Times
Default

If you are sure that you will not cross 1500 kms then you can do the service post your trip (this is just to avoid any warranty related issues). Else you can do the servicing prior to your trip and then not worry about the kms.
Palio_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2010, 00:07   #1000
BHPian
 
gomzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 783
Thanked: 125 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhil@Bengaluru View Post
Guys need a little help in servicing interval. i have clocked 4000 kms on my Manza and this weekend have plan for a long drive of around 1400-1600 kms. Tata recommends second free service at 5000-5500 kms or 6 months.
Should i get the servicing done before the trip (at 4000kms) or after the trip please give your suggestions.
If you have not yet given your car for servicing 2nd service then do it after your trip. My 2 years experience with Tata & Maruti service is that some small niggles start up in the 1-2 days after servicing, so I need to take it back and its always been a case of the mechanics not completing something properly. Best to do servicing around a week before a long trip, so the car settles down.

May make sense or may not, but thats my $0.2
gomzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2010, 09:38   #1001
BHPian
 
Akhil@Bengaluru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 100
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
If you are sure that you will not cross 1500 kms then you can do the service post your trip (this is just to avoid any warranty related issues). Else you can do the servicing prior to your trip and then not worry about the kms.
thanks palio_2005 for reminding me about warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
If you have not yet given your car for servicing 2nd service then do it after your trip. My 2 years experience with Tata & Maruti service is that some small niggles start up in the 1-2 days after servicing, so I need to take it back and its always been a case of the mechanics not completing something properly. Best to do servicing around a week before a long trip, so the car settles down.

May make sense or may not, but thats my $0.2
Yes completely true when i had my old sweet M800 had this small niggle just after servicing. So finally will get the car serviced after the trip itself. Just hoping will not cross 5500 kms on ODO during the trip (to avoid warranty related issue).
Akhil@Bengaluru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2010, 12:20   #1002
BHPian
 
amitw79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 124
Thanked: 114 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Its for DP white and i cant understand what the hell is special in that color for extra amount, anyone?
I have seen both colors in Manza in flesh, DP white sure looks better and elegant than Porcelain white. Thats my personal view.

I was also informed that DP is in demand and has a waiting time of around 6-7 weeks.
amitw79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2010, 13:49   #1003
Senior - BHPian
 
trrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Alleppey, Kerala
Posts: 2,113
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Hi Akhil,

Just check with the service centre.

If you are not sure about the distance you would cover, best to do it before since you could cross the 500kms extra that the Tata is giving which is more than what the others do.

If you don't have any complaints, this is more a check up and tighten things and should be fine.
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2010, 12:36   #1004
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 237
Thanked: 11 Times
Default Best paint quality

I have seen the Manza in all the colours and I feel that the car looks nice in all of them. My personal favourites though are Dew White, Satin Gold and Monarch Red. I must say that the car is one of the best in paint quality, among Indian cars.Kudos to TATA and hope to see the same quality in all the TATA cars.

Last edited by auto-one : 2nd April 2010 at 12:39.
auto-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2010, 09:14   #1005
BHPian
 
windiesel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Capital
Posts: 345
Thanked: 55 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Its for DP white and i cant understand what the hell is special in that color for extra amount, anyone?
Are you sure? seems like I've been had, pal. This Hemant Motors chap in Patiala charged me 5K extra for the porcelain white Aura QJD. I have a receipt too. Porcelain white appears to be a non metallic colour so why the extra 5K? beats me! Anyone else has similar woes to share?
windiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:53.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks