Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2010, 16:55   #1036
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 84
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitw79 View Post
Dont think that much force is required for gear shift, its precise and solid, which I believe is for good. Haven't faced any problem with reverse gear from neutral. Getting used to loss of acceleration while moving from 1st gear to second gear and then onto 3rd. Pushing 1st gear upto 1500 rpms atleast to get a better response from 2nd.

Haven't faced any niggles reported here so far.

Yes I too have been following the Manza since the launch. My friend's brother has bought the Manza couple of months ago and he is very satisfied so far. In fact he says he drove the Maruti Zen earlier and the Manza has better gear shift and handling than the Zen. ( I think the Zen was a trendsetter in a way in terms of handling and driveability in small cars) .. So that might mean something.
bigautobuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2010, 16:57   #1037
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 553
Thanked: 214 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigautobuff View Post
Yes I too have been following the Manza since the launch. My friend's brother has bought the Manza couple of months ago and he is very satisfied so far. In fact he says he drove the Maruti Zen earlier and the Manza has better gear shift and handling than the Zen. ( I think the Zen was a trendsetter in a way in terms of handling and driveability in small cars) .. So that might mean something.
It is very bad idea to rate Manza by comparing with Zen. Two are different category cars from different era.
sushantr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2010, 17:31   #1038
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 605
Thanked: 187 Times
Default

Btw, what happened to all the manza owners. Absolutely no news from any of them. Enjoying manza in silence i guess!!
WindRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2010, 18:34   #1039
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,035
Thanked: 384 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyurshah View Post
Beg to differ sir!! This is not true. I don't remember where exactly did I read it, but the report mentioned that the correct position is when the 3 mirrors (left orvm, inner and right orvm) are in a linear viewing position. That is they form a continuous image.

To start, try and adjust your inner mirror to cover most part of your rear, but should not extend out of C or D pillar view. Next adjust your RHS & LHS orvm to start from the point where the inner mirror's coverage stops. This may not give you a view of your car's rear, but will ensure that you dont have blindspot.

PS - This is the link. How to adjust your mirrors | The Web Page of Kristopher Linquist

In fact the new auto adjust ORVMs in US work on this very principle.

Your point on covering the 1/3rd portion of car is explained. It is the 1/3 portion of other car that should be visible.
Did you read the comemnts on the link you provided ? This mirror adjustment assumes that there are no blind spots in the IRVM and no duplication is required the fact is that all high boot Cars including Manza has a blind spot towards the edge and classic 1/3 advice to duplicate is to avoid blind spot.

Never ever try this kind of mirror adjustment in any SUV it will be a disaster in making.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I agree with Keyur and did comment in my review, that the Manza ORVMs didn't extend out as much as I preferred. I haven't faced this problem in any of the other cars that I drive (or the 15 that I have test-driven in the last 1 year).
May be you are right I have not personally checked Manza but then again read above the assumption that IVRM does not have blind spot is a disaster in making , May be this will work in a car with big rear windshield and no boot with thin C pillars.

Look at California DMV rule book the shaded area in the figure provide blindspots of a typical 3 boot car and thats why little overlap between OVRM and IVRM is required.

California Driver Handbook - Safe Driving Practice - Scanning, Driving in Fog, Darkness, Heavy Rain or Snowstorm, Hill Country
amitk26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2010, 15:02   #1040
BHPian
 
Akhil@Bengaluru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 100
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Few Long trips on Manza

Did a few Long trips in past One Month.

Bangalore-Cherplassery(Near Palghat)-Bangalore : 920 Kms on 3rd and 5th April (through Hosur ,Salem,Coibattore,Palghat) in 7Hrs with FE of 18.2 Kmpl (full tank to Full tank)
Bangalore-Siddapura (Coorg)-Bangalore : 520 Kms on 28th April in 5.5 +5.5 Hrs with FE of 17.2 Kmpl (full tank to Full tank)
Bangalore-Srimangala(Coorg)-Bangalore : 580 Kms on 1st and 2nd May (through Mysore,Hunsur,Nagarhole) in 6.5 +7.0 Hrs with FE of 17.5 Kmpl (full tank to Full tank).

I Enjoyed drive in Highways (especially trip to Kerala) as drove all alone the entire journey and excellent Roads.

And drive through Nagarhole forest was also good.(neat tarred single lane road right in center of forest)

Rest of the two trips was with parents sitting at back. Journey in back seat was comfortable but they felt bit bumpy in some stretches.

Really liked the way car handled Coorg roads (in some stretch you will say where is the road as road becomes gayab all of a sudden.) and in some stretch if you get down from road to make way for oncoming traffic you will have to travel with two wheels on road two wheels Off for few hundreds of meters to get back completely on Road (i.e there are very sharp edges to road). Never touched any of the road humps (good ground clearance)

Only problem faced was of some clicking noise coming from Front AC Went after long run with AC ON (just below the Front glass) this disappeared once i put the AC with full high temperature in blower mode.Hopefully this is not a big issue

ODO reading after all trips is 7100
Akhil@Bengaluru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2010, 16:00   #1041
BHPian
 
gurudutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 352
Thanked: 128 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhil@Bengaluru View Post
Did a few Long trips in past One Month.

Bangalore-Cherplassery(Near Palghat)-Bangalore : 920 Kms on 3rd and 5th April (through Hosur ,Salem,Coibattore,Palghat) in 7Hrs with FE of 18.2 Kmpl (full tank to Full tank)
Bangalore-Siddapura (Coorg)-Bangalore : 520 Kms on 28th April in 5.5 +5.5 Hrs with FE of 17.2 Kmpl (full tank to Full tank)
Bangalore-Srimangala(Coorg)-Bangalore : 580 Kms on 1st and 2nd May (through Mysore,Hunsur,Nagarhole) in 6.5 +7.0 Hrs with FE of 17.5 Kmpl (full tank to Full tank).

I Enjoyed drive in Highways (especially trip to Kerala) as drove all alone the entire journey and excellent Roads.

And drive through Nagarhole forest was also good.(neat tarred single lane road right in center of forest)

Rest of the two trips was with parents sitting at back. Journey in back seat was comfortable but they felt bit bumpy in some stretches.

Really liked the way car handled Coorg roads (in some stretch you will say where is the road as road becomes gayab all of a sudden.) and in some stretch if you get down from road to make way for oncoming traffic you will have to travel with two wheels on road two wheels Off for few hundreds of meters to get back completely on Road (i.e there are very sharp edges to road). Never touched any of the road humps (good ground clearance)

Only problem faced was of some clicking noise coming from Front AC Went after long run with AC ON (just below the Front glass) this disappeared once i put the AC with full high temperature in blower mode.Hopefully this is not a big issue

ODO reading after all trips is 7100

Since you did long drives, did you miss the dead pedal a lot? One of my friends is planning to buy a manza quadrajet and wanted to know if dead pedal is really missed on highways and also if you can get an aftermarket deal pedal.
gurudutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2010, 18:42   #1042
Senior - BHPian
 
trrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Alleppey, Kerala
Posts: 2,113
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurudutt View Post
Since you did long drives, did you miss the dead pedal a lot?
I am sure it is a case of getting used to not having a deal pedal.

For the size of the car, the foot well is sort of cramped and really does not have a comfortable space to put an after market dead pedal if needed.

Personally I feel that a dead pedal is better used in city or stop start driving rather than highway.

I doubt if that should be a criterion for not going in for the Manza!
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2010, 20:58   #1043
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 111
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Hey guys, the front (left) shocks started making that scratching sound again after a gap of like 2 months. Anyone facing the same problem ? I know someone on this forum had got Concorde to fix that but then the shocks had become a little hard. Was there a permanent fix for the problem? I hear someone had said that this exists in the Vista as well (maybe because the manza is built on the Vista platform)

If there are a lot of people facing this problem then we will need TATA to provide a permanent solution.

Please, Please let me know people.

Thanks.
Viper21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2010, 22:22   #1044
BHPian
 
Akhil@Bengaluru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 100
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper21 View Post
Hey guys, the front (left) shocks started making that scratching sound again after a gap of like 2 months. Anyone facing the same problem ? I know someone on this forum had got Concorde to fix that but then the shocks had become a little hard. Was there a permanent fix for the problem? I hear someone had said that this exists in the Vista as well (maybe because the manza is built on the Vista platform)

If there are a lot of people facing this problem then we will need TATA to provide a permanent solution.

Please, Please let me know people.

Thanks.
Hi Viper it was my Manza that made dhud noise (from Front left Shock) if car was taken above a hump at around 30-40 kmph speed. it feels like something is coming and hitting card body (some part covered with rubber) once the shock is compressed (just when on Hump) and released suddenly (just after crossing hump).Now the problem is reduced but not completely resolved. As of now i am not taking the hump in speed more than 20 kmph. But if by mistake i take it at high speed still that sound comes.
Akhil@Bengaluru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2010, 23:57   #1045
BHPian
 
rki2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 664
Thanked: 138 Times
Default

Can anyone say about the A/C. Is it a good chiller and what about the noise of the blower.
rki2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2010, 10:36   #1046
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Noida
Posts: 519
Thanked: 175 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
Can anyone say about the A/C. Is it a good chiller and what about the noise of the blower.
Hi, I would say Manza AC is okay at best. It's not an absolute chiller but you don't feel hot as well. If the car is parked in shade, then the AC chills the cabin quite easily but does not make you feel cold, just okay. Once I had to park under sun in the afternoon and then it took quite sometime to chill. Blower noise is pretty audible at speed 2 or above.

Just for reference, I have used my Manza for about 6000 km and now it's used as a daily ride in Delhi/ Noida (read max temp =45 in afternoon).

Thanks,
Amit
amit1234singla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 00:54   #1047
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 111
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhil@Bengaluru View Post
Hi Viper it was my Manza that made dhud noise (from Front left Shock) if car was taken above a hump at around 30-40 kmph speed. it feels like something is coming and hitting card body (some part covered with rubber) once the shock is compressed (just when on Hump) and released suddenly (just after crossing hump).Now the problem is reduced but not completely resolved. As of now i am not taking the hump in speed more than 20 kmph. But if by mistake i take it at high speed still that sound comes.
Akhil, Thanks for your response. But if the problem reoccurred,shouldn't we be asking TATA/Concorde for a permanent solution? My friend's Swift also makes a Dhud sound when he goes over speed breakers at over 30Kmph or so.

Manza owners, are you guys facing the same shocks problem that i and Akhil are having? If ours is a one off case then we should be asking them to fix it immediately
Viper21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2010, 14:06   #1048
BHPian
 
kURETI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 104
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

i dont understand how come everyone here is getting a big mileage I have been getting only 11.9kmperlit on diesel. Recently had a tour of close to 1850kms. the AC refresh air had a jam and had to suffer for no performance of AC, had to bear the great heat of Andrapradesh. The pickup also drops down on full load in the car. driver +4 people and lugg. of 120kgs in the boot, the car sucks.
kURETI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2010, 14:09   #1049
BHPian
 
kURETI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 104
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

in city drive it just gives me about 9km per lit diesel. i dont understand the reason, when i give it for recheck to the showroom they just say they will tune it again the same problem. This time i have left it for 3rd free service need to check it out. The AC refresh switch motor I guess is replaced under warranty.
kURETI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2010, 14:32   #1050
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 7
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kURETI View Post
i dont understand how come everyone here is getting a big mileage I have been getting only 11.9kmperlit on diesel. Recently had a tour of close to 1850kms. the AC refresh air had a jam and had to suffer for no performance of AC, had to bear the great heat of Andrapradesh. The pickup also drops down on full load in the car. driver +4 people and lugg. of 120kgs in the boot, the car sucks.
Pick up doesn't drop down it is just reminding you that the car is not a TRUCK. I mean driver + 4 + 120 kgs of luggage i mean what were you thinking?? Why not fill another 500 kgs and then say the car doesn't move.

While city conditions vary from city to city and can be unreliable,If you are averaging 11.9 on a highway(tankful method) you either have a faulty car,have some adulterated fuel or have been driving the car with only driver + 4 + 120 kgs at 100+ KMPH.
I have a Manza quadrajet abs and can vouch for the FE of the car. City:-15.8 and Highway 19.3. All tankful method.Beat this my FE after the initial 1500 Km and the first service has actually increased.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kURETI View Post
in city drive it just gives me about 9km per lit diesel. i dont understand the reason, when i give it for recheck to the showroom they just say they will tune it again the same problem. This time i have left it for 3rd free service need to check it out. The AC refresh switch motor I guess is replaced under warranty.
About the motor why don't you ask the guys at the showroom about the replacement.Why the guesses? Don't you think it is helpful to you and the forum that way.
nandi_ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:41.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks