Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2010, 09:54   #1156
BHPian
 
rki2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 664
Thanked: 138 Times
Default

I have received a smart card from the RTO which states as Certificate of Registration. On rear of the card all the details regarding the car like engine no,class, color,chassis no,Name of the owner, address, model,validity etc is stated. The dealer says that this is the RC and no other book or any other documents will be received from the RTO. Is that true. Can anyone share some knowledge on this?
rki2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2010, 09:58   #1157
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 394
Thanked: 154 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
I have received a smart card from the RTO which states as Certificate of Registration. On rear of the card all the details regarding the car like engine no,class, color,chassis no,Name of the owner, address, model,validity etc is stated. The dealer says that this is the RC and no other book or any other documents will be received from the RTO. Is that true. Can anyone share some knowledge on this?
Yes. This is true. New smart card has replaced, old RC book. Be smart not to lose/misplace this one! Or get it color printed & laminated (most city driving this is enough).
RaguHolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2010, 15:07   #1158
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 574
Thanked: 159 Times
Default

Hi, can anyone tell me if the quadrajet model is available off the shelf? or there is any waiting perid? I intend to buy one in November. On the same note, does it make sense to buy towards the end of year or should I wait for new year? How early would the 2011 manufactured units be available in 2011?
shipnil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2010, 09:11   #1159
BHPian
 
rki2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 664
Thanked: 138 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Hi, can anyone tell me if the quadrajet model is available off the shelf? or there is any waiting perid? I intend to buy one in November. On the same note, does it make sense to buy towards the end of year or should I wait for new year? How early would the 2011 manufactured units be available in 2011?
2011 model will be available from March 2011 onwards(I mean to say 2011 manufactured car). But the car manufactured in 2010 and registered in 2011 is commercially identified as 2011 registered car only. Many people at the time of resale do not bother about the manufacture date and rather see the resgitration date.

The normal period for getting the car on road after all the formalities may take 15-25 days only(incl booking period). Just find out sometimes the dealer may be having the car of your choice in his stock also, if that is the case you can get your car much faster.
rki2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2010, 13:22   #1160
BHPian
 
rki2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 664
Thanked: 138 Times
Default

A couple of days back i had completed a long drive. A continous drive of 1042 kms from Bangalore to Guruvayur and back.The drive was very comfortable.I mainatined an average of 80-90kmph throughout the drive.

I have some doubts.After completion of about 600 kms i could notice that the engine noise is a bit audible. I experienced this only after a overtaking in a lower gear at a higher rpm. From then onwards only i think the engine noise is bit audible. Can anyone clarify on this.

I am a bit worried about the power of the car. It looks like the car is a bit underpowered. The first, second and third gear loses power very soon. The car is also very heavy thereby making the 1.3MJD to work hard.
rki2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2010, 13:01   #1161
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 112
Thanked: 95 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Hi, can anyone tell me if the quadrajet model is available off the shelf? or there is any waiting perid? I intend to buy one in November. On the same note, does it make sense to buy towards the end of year or should I wait for new year? How early would the 2011 manufactured units be available in 2011?
Wait time depends on number of factors - including your location. Think wait time is not substantial in NCR - unless dealer screws up something. Some possibe advantages of waiting could be (I am not the waiting type, though )

1. more color options
2. some more features available in other top end sedans (if u plan for Aura+) like alloys, ACC etc.
5kmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2010, 13:58   #1162
BHPian
 
rki2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 664
Thanked: 138 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kmiles View Post
Wait time depends on number of factors - including your location. Think wait time is not substantial in NCR - unless dealer screws up something. Some possibe advantages of waiting could be (I am not the waiting type, though )

1. more color options
2. some more features available in other top end sedans (if u plan for Aura+) like alloys, ACC etc.
I don't think there is any facelift or any additions in the features or any new colors that Tata is planning on Manza.
rki2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2010, 14:02   #1163
BHPian
 
rki2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 664
Thanked: 138 Times
Default

In my new Manza i don't feel the turbo lag much. Can anyone say what is the reason for the same. The power is more linear and there is no sudden surge in power that experienced in the test drive Manza car.
rki2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2010, 14:14   #1164
BHPian
 
rki2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 664
Thanked: 138 Times
Default

Did ABS saved me?

I would like to share a horrifying experience on my long drive from Guruvayur to Bangalore.I was travelling somewhere close to Walayar check post (border of Kerala and Tamilnadu- before reaching Coimbatore), after crossing the checkpost, the road was empty and i was driving at close to 80kmph. There comes suddenly an Alto car which just like that made a U turn without looking the rear for any cars. Once i noticed the car from left to right what i could do is just slam the brakes. I could feel that the steering was shaking and the with a huge noise of the tyres i stop the car on the right side of the road.I should be too lucky because there was no vehicle coming on the other side of the road where i landed and the roads were surrounded by rocks which i didn't hit when even landed half a feet close to the rocks. I got irritated with the alto guy and got down the car. The guy speeds away looking at me. Had i got that guy that day i would have directly landed him to the hospital.

I really don't understand that whether the ABS saved me or what. I am not aware that whether i steered the car to the right side of the road or did the car itself skidded. Thanks to god nothing happened to me and my family or to my new Manza.
rki2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2010, 15:00   #1165
Senior - BHPian
 
mooza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,056
Thanked: 245 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
I am not aware that whether i steered the car to the right side of the road or did the car itself skidded. Thanks to god nothing happened to me and my family or to my new Manza.
@rki, that was very close, I am happy that you escaped !

I hope the car did not pull to the right all by itself, while braking

Was the road wet ?

Hope you get over the incident, wishing all the best, for safe drives ahead
mooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2010, 15:13   #1166
BHPian
 
informmaha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Banglore/Madras
Posts: 218
Thanked: 39 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
Did ABS saved me?

I would like to share a horrifying experience on my long drive from Guruvayur to Bangalore.I was travelling somewhere close to Walayar check post (border of Kerala and Tamilnadu- before reaching Coimbatore), after crossing the checkpost, the road was empty and i was driving at close to 80kmph. There comes suddenly an Alto car which just like that made a U turn without looking the rear for any cars. Once i noticed the car from left to right what i could do is just slam the brakes. I could feel that the steering was shaking and the with a huge noise of the tyres i stop the car on the right side of the road.I should be too lucky because there was no vehicle coming on the other side of the road where i landed and the roads were surrounded by rocks which i didn't hit when even landed half a feet close to the rocks. I got irritated with the alto guy and got down the car. The guy speeds away looking at me. Had i got that guy that day i would have directly landed him to the hospital.

I really don't understand that whether the ABS saved me or what. I am not aware that whether i steered the car to the right side of the road or did the car itself skidded. Thanks to god nothing happened to me and my family or to my new Manza.
Hey rki,

Thank god that nothing serious happened hope you were with your seat belts too.. Yes definitely your ABS has helped you on this sudden braking. If you did not have ABS, then there would have been more steer for the car due to the pressure at which you apply the brake. This is why i insist everyone who drives the car to wear a seatbelt. You never know what's in store when on highways especially like those whom you encountered in this instance. I get furusious with people coming in the opposite direction while on highways that too during rains, would think what will these people think while driving in the opposite direction posing threat to us more than themselves. Some people like the one whom you have seen are new drivers to highways, so they dont understand the speed at which the vehicles are coming until something happens. Nowadays people in highways drive as though they are driving in city by tailgating vehicles. If something miserable happens they would not understand the way to drive in expressways.

Anyway that was slightly off topic, coming back to your instance generally when you hit the brakes hard in case of ABS, you need to have good control over the steering else it would steer as it happened to you, i know you might not have anticipated that and inorder to the situation your mind might have asked you to steer towards the direction where you wont impact on anything, but had you held on to your steering firmly, the vehicle would never go off track, it would but not as much as in your case. This is with a personal experience of mine, i did it once for testing in rain and in other 2 cases inorder to avoid other vehicles
informmaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2010, 17:20   #1167
BHPian
 
rki2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 664
Thanked: 138 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
@rki, that was very close, I am happy that you escaped !

I hope the car did not pull to the right all by itself, while braking

Was the road wet ?

Hope you get over the incident, wishing all the best, for safe drives ahead
No its was a sunny afternoon. The road was not wet
rki2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2010, 17:26   #1168
BHPian
 
rki2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 664
Thanked: 138 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by informmaha View Post
Hey rki,

Thank god that nothing serious happened hope you were with your seat belts too.. Yes definitely your ABS has helped you on this sudden braking. If you did not have ABS, then there would have been more steer for the car due to the pressure at which you apply the brake. This is why i insist everyone who drives the car to wear a seatbelt. You never know what's in store when on highways especially like those whom you encountered in this instance. I get furusious with people coming in the opposite direction while on highways that too during rains, would think what will these people think while driving in the opposite direction posing threat to us more than themselves. Some people like the one whom you have seen are new drivers to highways, so they dont understand the speed at which the vehicles are coming until something happens. Nowadays people in highways drive as though they are driving in city by tailgating vehicles. If something miserable happens they would not understand the way to drive in expressways.

Anyway that was slightly off topic, coming back to your instance generally when you hit the brakes hard in case of ABS, you need to have good control over the steering else it would steer as it happened to you, i know you might not have anticipated that and inorder to the situation your mind might have asked you to steer towards the direction where you wont impact on anything, but had you held on to your steering firmly, the vehicle would never go off track, it would but not as much as in your case. This is with a personal experience of mine, i did it once for testing in rain and in other 2 cases inorder to avoid other vehicles

Yes i agree with you. I really don't understand why these unruly drivers try to break rules always. Even if there is no dividers why these chaps don't drive properly. How much can be expected from the government in terms of Infrastructure.

As you right said i have observed many people overtaking and driving extremely fast during rains in the highway.They are creating a dangerous driving environment for themselves as well as others.

Last edited by rki2007 : 10th October 2010 at 17:28.
rki2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2010, 17:28   #1169
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Shimla, HP
Posts: 109
Thanked: Once
Default

Were there any skid marks on the road? Any long rubber burn marks? ABS generally helps you stop in a straight line than shove you in any direction.

I would advice you to test the breaks in a open empty road and keep the steering in a neutral position and then slam the breaks around 70-80kph. Report if the car stops in a straight line or not.
ajai_dev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2010, 18:25   #1170
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Noida
Posts: 519
Thanked: 175 Times
Default Seeking advice

Experts - Need your opinion on these strange (one off's though) incidents I am having with my Aura ABS QJD Manza.

I have bought the car in Feb 2010 and used it for 14.5k km's so far. Haven't had any issues so far and getting amazing FE (15 in Delhi traffic and 21 on highways - all with AC).

In the past 2 weeks I have observed something weird and what seems to be the electrical issues.

First, one fine day, I unlocked my car using remote locking and opened the door. Centre light turned on as is supposed to be when the door is opened. While the door was still open, within a few seconds the light started flickering (on and off and on). I opened the boot and boot light was also flickering. This happned only once and never happened again. I did not pay much attention and thought of it as a one off issue.

Then about a 10 days back, I again unlocked the car with remote unlocking and tried to start the car. To my surprise it did not start. The battery was cranking the car and all but it did not start. I tried cranking it twice (not for too long though) and it did not start. I removed the key, locked the car again with remote locking, unlocked it again and cranked. It started immediately like it does in last 9 months. This to me appears to be the immobilizer issue and what might have happened is that first time I unlocked the car, the immobilizer was still active. Again happened only once so far, the incident never repeated.

Three days back, I was going to office in the morning and after about 18 km's of drive, I suddenly paid attention to the temp guage and to my surprize the needle was in red zone. I observed this when I was climbing up a bridge in crawling traffic. Still in red zone! I had no option to stop so I continued driving a little to get to a space where I could stop. In next one minute the temp came back to normal and in next one minute again went back to red. I stopped the car finally and let it cool for a minute. Opened the bonnet and coolant was fine (at max level). It was not that hot as well (I expected it to be almost boiling). I started the car after about 2 mins and from there my office was only 1 km. So came to office and parked it for rest of the day with a plan to take it to ASC in the evening. Spoke to a SA over phone and took it to ASC same day evening. To my surprise, the car did not heat up at all. ASC is about 10 km from my office and if there was a problem, I expected the car the heat up. SA at ASC checked, the fan was working. Water pump was fine and coolant level was fine. We even drove for about 10 km and kept the car on in dile for about 10 mins but it was all normal. Then what caused the overheating in the morning! Infact, I have a feeling that in the morning, the car did not heat-up, as the coolant was almost at normal temp and engine did not feel that hot. I think it was the temp guage active up. SA mentioned that he can't fix unless he knows what to fix. He asked me to observe for a few days and call him if this happens again. I kind of agree with his approach. I have been driving since last 2-3 days and nothing happened after that. It's all normal.

So, could these incidents be linked, possibly an electrical problem (typical Tata Legacy) and what do I do now? Thanks so much in advance to your replies.

Last edited by amit1234singla : 15th October 2010 at 18:34. Reason: Adding additional info
amit1234singla is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:56.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks