Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 20th October 2010, 19:01   #1171
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kmiles View Post
Wait time depends on number of factors - including your location. Think wait time is not substantial in NCR - unless dealer screws up something. Some possibe advantages of waiting could be (I am not the waiting type, though )

1. more color options
2. some more features available in other top end sedans (if u plan for Aura+) like alloys, ACC etc.
Now Manza also comes with alloys? If its the one that they show on ad, then wow !
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2010, 10:29   #1172
BHPian

JK, Manza does not come with alloys yet. I did a test drive yesterday in Technopark, and confirmed that there are no alloys. Would be good if it did.
basilmabraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2010, 17:54   #1173
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post
Experts - Need your opinion on these strange (one off's though) incidents I am having with my Aura ABS QJD Manza.

I have bought the car in Feb 2010 and used it for 14.5k km's so far. Haven't had any issues so far and getting amazing FE (15 in Delhi traffic and 21 on highways - all with AC).

In the past 2 weeks I have observed something weird and what seems to be the electrical issues.

First, one fine day, I unlocked my car using remote locking and opened the door. Centre light turned on as is supposed to be when the door is opened. While the door was still open, within a few seconds the light started flickering (on and off and on). I opened the boot and boot light was also flickering. This happned only once and never happened again. I did not pay much attention and thought of it as a one off issue.

Then about a 10 days back, I again unlocked the car with remote unlocking and tried to start the car. To my surprise it did not start. The battery was cranking the car and all but it did not start. I tried cranking it twice (not for too long though) and it did not start. I removed the key, locked the car again with remote locking, unlocked it again and cranked. It started immediately like it does in last 9 months. This to me appears to be the immobilizer issue and what might have happened is that first time I unlocked the car, the immobilizer was still active. Again happened only once so far, the incident never repeated.

Three days back, I was going to office in the morning and after about 18 km's of drive, I suddenly paid attention to the temp guage and to my surprize the needle was in red zone. I observed this when I was climbing up a bridge in crawling traffic. Still in red zone! I had no option to stop so I continued driving a little to get to a space where I could stop. In next one minute the temp came back to normal and in next one minute again went back to red. I stopped the car finally and let it cool for a minute. Opened the bonnet and coolant was fine (at max level). It was not that hot as well (I expected it to be almost boiling). I started the car after about 2 mins and from there my office was only 1 km. So came to office and parked it for rest of the day with a plan to take it to ASC in the evening. Spoke to a SA over phone and took it to ASC same day evening. To my surprise, the car did not heat up at all. ASC is about 10 km from my office and if there was a problem, I expected the car the heat up. SA at ASC checked, the fan was working. Water pump was fine and coolant level was fine. We even drove for about 10 km and kept the car on in dile for about 10 mins but it was all normal. Then what caused the overheating in the morning! Infact, I have a feeling that in the morning, the car did not heat-up, as the coolant was almost at normal temp and engine did not feel that hot. I think it was the temp guage active up. SA mentioned that he can't fix unless he knows what to fix. He asked me to observe for a few days and call him if this happens again. I kind of agree with his approach. I have been driving since last 2-3 days and nothing happened after that. It's all normal.

So, could these incidents be linked, possibly an electrical problem (typical Tata Legacy) and what do I do now? Thanks so much in advance to your replies.

check the earth connection from battery and clean it. it might be loose or dirty and causing malfunction...just my opinion but nothing harm in trying it
drsnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2010, 10:04   #1174
BHPian

My father's Manza(diesel) is 7 months old and 5000KMs on ODO. Recently when I checked the engine oil, it's colour has turned to black (very dark). As per owner's manual, engine oil replacement is when the car completes 10,000Km or 1 year. Is it advisible to change the oil now ? Any one faced this ?

One good thing is that the fuel efficiency has improved. Previously on long trip we used to get 18KM. Recently I had a cochin trip and found that average mileage on MID is 20.1 and that too with 95% AC switched on. No issues so far

Thanks ,
Gopi.
shalini_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2010, 12:44   #1175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalini_g View Post
My father's Manza(diesel) is 7 months old and 5000KMs on ODO. Recently when I checked the engine oil, it's colour has turned to black (very dark). As per owner's manual, engine oil replacement is when the car completes 10,000Km or 1 year. Is it advisible to change the oil now ? Any one faced this ?

One good thing is that the fuel efficiency has improved. Previously on long trip we used to get 18KM. Recently I had a cochin trip and found that average mileage on MID is 20.1 and that too with 95% AC switched on. No issues so far

Thanks ,
Gopi.
Considering +/- 5% of the figure mentioned by you is a good mileage. My Manza is just 1 month old (1300kms only). In my recent long trip i got a mileage of 16.7kmpl (Manually calculated).
rki2007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2010, 13:15   #1176
BANNED

Guys myself doing frequent trips 300+kms to Mysore on the weekends and getting 25km/ltr with 100% AC and this i am getting while cruising on the highway at 80-100kmph and sometimes odo hits to 120kmph.

The Manza has clocked 19,000Kms in 7months and man enjoying it to the fullest.
gowda79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2010, 13:50   #1177
Senior - BHPian

Experts

Please advise.

I own a Vista65 since last July. I have had no issues with the car till date.

Few things that I wish were better:
1) Power. I feel it underpowered most of the times, except at higher RPMs.
2) Fit and finish issues.
3) FE is low. I get around 11-12 in the city and around 17 on the highway.

Do you think it will be a good decision to upgrade to a Manza MJD? Can the Manza resolve the niggling issues which existed in Vista?

I also have an option of DZire, but I hate the DZire looks and the worst rear-seat legroom.
ajay_satpute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2010, 17:22   #1178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Experts

Please advise.

I own a Vista65 since last July. I have had no issues with the car till date.

Few things that I wish were better:
1) Power. I feel it underpowered most of the times, except at higher RPMs.
2) Fit and finish issues.
3) FE is low. I get around 11-12 in the city and around 17 on the highway.

Do you think it will be a good decision to upgrade to a Manza MJD? Can the Manza resolve the niggling issues which existed in Vista?

I also have an option of DZire, but I hate the DZire looks and the worst rear-seat legroom.
ASsa Manza owner i can give you the answers-
1.= Manza has lag below 17 rpm and if ur above that a pleasure to drive,no feel of less power.
2.-IMO fit and finish is better than vista but not that great.
3.- we get current FE at 15000 km running of 14 in city.
harry10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2010, 12:01   #1179
Senior - BHPian

@harry10: Thanks for the response.

I am contemplating now to go for Fiesta. Fiesta seems to be better than Manza in all respects. The price difference is also not too much, compared to the difference between ANHC/Vento/Linea/SX4.

Also, there are many threads on Team BHP where all the car enthusiasts & experts say that Fiesta is the real driver's car. Fiesta beats ANHC in many aspects, and most importantly the price. ANHC prices are exorbitant.

So let's see. This plan will take some time to execute, but it will happen for sure.

Secondary reason is Tata's quality. I am not pleased with the Vista's fit & finish quality. For the same reason, I am not inclined towards Linea also.
ajay_satpute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2010, 12:53   #1180
BHPian

Fiesta does not give a mileage above 10 kpl. So if you think mileage of 11-12 kpl of your vista is low, then you have to be prepared for even lower mileage.

I would suggest you look at nhc for fit n finish and mileage.
Palio_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2010, 15:51   #1181
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
Fiesta does not give a mileage above 10 kpl. So if you think mileage of 11-12 kpl of your vista is low, then you have to be prepared for even lower mileage.

I would suggest you look at nhc for fit n finish and mileage.
You talking about petrol fiesta?
Cos in diesel its giving between 15-18 in city.
harry10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2010, 11:04   #1182

I just drove down my Manza Aura ABS (gothic olive) from Hisar to Delhi yesterday. I must say that having driven an octavia for the last 4 years, i was expecting to be underwhelmed with the diesel engine's performance. Not a chance! Overtaking was easy and effortless and the car didn't really grumble too much if i picked it up on higher gears. It felt planted on the highway and gobbled up the bumpy roads.
I do have one query/ concern however, why doesn't the music system turn itself off once the ignition is turned off? Is it a standard phenomenon with the Manza?
Shil83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2010, 13:10   #1183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shil83 View Post
I just drove down my Manza Aura ABS (gothic olive) from Hisar to Delhi yesterday. I must say that having driven an octavia for the last 4 years, i was expecting to be underwhelmed with the diesel engine's performance. Not a chance! Overtaking was easy and effortless and the car didn't really grumble too much if i picked it up on higher gears. It felt planted on the highway and gobbled up the bumpy roads.
I do have one query/ concern however, why doesn't the music system turn itself off once the ignition is turned off? Is it a standard phenomenon with the Manza?

Even though you turn off the igniton in all levels still the music system plays. Its stops when you remove the keys out.
rki2007 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2010, 10:40   #1184
Senior - BHPian

This rendering looks shockingly good for a manza CS. Tata, get this one and replace the dowdy 13 year old indica derived indigo CS.

Name:  TataIndigoManzaCS.jpg
Views: 3024
Size:  311.9 KB

Courtesy SRK designs via India Autos Blog
sidindica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2010, 10:48   #1185
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

^^ Doesnt the above [at least the REAR] look like "Accent Viva" ? Yeah, the width is more though. To me, length to width is slightly out of proportion.

Prem.
kaviprem is offline   Reply With Quote