Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2011, 11:24   #1786
BHPian
 
Mr.Beat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 308
Thanked: 106 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

Even i would prefer silver or white alloys than black. LPG kits would definetly not cost 12K since the price difference itself IMO is around 40 k
Mr.Beat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2011, 11:44   #1787
BHPian
 
Auto freak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 265
Thanked: 145 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstonlobo View Post
Auto freak nice ones, I like them, why not paint the brake calipers red or yellow, makes them stand out and give a more agressive look
Thanks Alstonlobo! I considered that as well.
But thought without discs at the rear, it would look incomplete. So left it as such. Will do a PS job and check it out!

Last edited by Auto freak : 1st April 2011 at 11:46.
Auto freak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2011, 11:54   #1788
BHPian
 
salbin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore, Kochi
Posts: 492
Thanked: 159 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto freak View Post
Thanks Alstonlobo! I considered that as well.
But though without discs at the rear, it would look incomplete. So left it as such. Will do a PS job and check it out!
Black looks better than the stock ones.
Did you do it yourself or got it done outside?
Me too thinking of painting the brake calipers.
My vehicle completed 1 year yesterday.
Planning for some mods like Smoked tail lamps, LED DRLs, Carbon fiber vinyl for door handle, Caliper painting etc.. the list goes on..
salbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2011, 12:54   #1789
BHPian
 
Auto freak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 265
Thanked: 145 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

^^ @Salbin,
Thanks a lot! I got it done from a paint shop.
Wanted to do it myself but couldn't find a matt black spray can anywhere here!
Smoked tail lamps would look awesome! I m adding it to my list as well along with DRLs!

Congrats on your ride's first birthday!
Auto freak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2011, 13:11   #1790
BHPian
 
mi2n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 377
Thanked: 628 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post
Planning for some mods like Smoked tail lamps, LED DRLs, Carbon fiber vinyl for door handle, Caliper painting etc.. the list goes on.
Please share us the details once you get these done.
Specifically the carbon fiber vinyls, i could not find any in Kolkata, anyone aware where i can source it from. Also an estimate on the cost of smoking the tail lamps will help as i am planning to do the same in a weeks time.
mi2n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2011, 13:25   #1791
BHPian
 
alstonlobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 472
Thanked: 96 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

Hey guys I have just stumbled across a cheaper option to DRL's which can be done on the car's fog light cover or bumper vents on similar lines
How To: Audi S8 Style LED DRL DIY
alstonlobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2011, 14:46   #1792
BHPian
 
salbin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore, Kochi
Posts: 492
Thanked: 159 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2n View Post
Please share us the details once you get these done.
Specifically the carbon fiber vinyls, i could not find any in Kolkata, anyone aware where i can source it from. Also an estimate on the cost of smoking the tail lamps will help as i am planning to do the same in a weeks time.
I just bought a carbon fiber vinyl film last week through Ebay.
Got 3 A4 size sheets for Rs 295/-. I was planning to do it myself. Yet to find time for doing it.
As a sample, I will be doing first on the rear door.
Will let you know once it is completed.
Here is the ebay link:
eBay India: Carbon Fiber look Vinyl Sticker Sheet car bike graphics (item 230594789725 end time 07-Apr-2011 12:02:49 IST)
I have seen some of the car accessory shops are doing this as a package( center console, door handle, steering wheel spoke, AC vents etc)

Regarding smoking of tail lamps, I am planning for a DIY using VHT Niteshade spray and Clear coat spray. I am yet to find out a source for getting it in India.
20North.com is having it in the listing, but presently out of stock .
I think this will help you if you are planning a DIY:



Finding time for the DIY is the biggest concern in my case.
Please share the details with photos if you are doing it first.
salbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2011, 15:12   #1793
BHPian
 
alstonlobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 472
Thanked: 96 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post
Regarding smoking of tail lamps, I am planning for a DIY using VHT Niteshade spray and Clear coat spray. I am yet to find out a source for getting it in India.
20North.com is having it in the listing, but presently out of stock .

Never buy from 20North. Its a bogus site. Just google it and see the horror stories experienced by other people and you will know what I mean.
Ebay.com is the safest place instead!
alstonlobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2011, 20:39   #1794
BHPian
 
rsramkee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: chennai
Posts: 52
Thanked: Once
Default Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto freak View Post
Guys, I ve got the stock alloys on my car painted matt black. This is how she looks now!
Wow. I like it. Very nice. I am wondering if I should get my steel wheels painted black after seeing this.
rsramkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2011, 14:34   #1795
Senior - BHPian
 
thedreamcatcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dubai
Posts: 1,206
Thanked: 61 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

@Autofreak.

Never thought a small change in colour to the stock alloys will make it look so much better. A simple way to enhancing the look of the car

Opinions always take two sides of the coin. It all comes down to what you like and what I like. 'I', in this instance, feel it rocks and it looks good on the car.
thedreamcatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2011, 15:31   #1796
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 616
Thanked: 285 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

Oxyzen thanks a lot for 10K report.

I am planning on adding a Beat LT to the stable and was wondering if any more of you guys could give some long term reports since its been more than a year since the Beat launched and I noticed that some of you guys bought Beats early on. Thanks !
Mortis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2011, 16:32   #1797
BHPian
 
alstonlobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 472
Thanked: 96 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
Oxyzen thanks a lot for 10K report.

I am planning on adding a Beat LT to the stable and was wondering if any more of you guys could give some long term reports since its been more than a year since the Beat launched and I noticed that some of you guys bought Beats early on. Thanks !
Good to know about your decision, please have a read of my thread in addition to others I too did a 10k review
alstonlobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2011, 16:48   #1798
Senior - BHPian
 
DRIV3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: India
Posts: 1,601
Thanked: 810 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

@Auto Freak: Ditch the paint from the lug nuts and the wheels would look much better!
DRIV3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2011, 19:23   #1799
BHPian
 
Auto freak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 265
Thanked: 145 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsramkee View Post
Wow. I like it. Very nice. I am wondering if I should get my steel wheels painted black after seeing this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
@Autofreak.

Never thought a small change in colour to the stock alloys will make it look so much better. A simple way to enhancing the look of the car

Opinions always take two sides of the coin. It all comes down to what you like and what I like. 'I', in this instance, feel it rocks and it looks good on the car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
@Auto Freak: Ditch the paint from the lug nuts and the wheels would look much better!
Thank you so much for the nice comments!

I just love the way she looks with those black shoes on now!
I feel it enhances the car's aggressive stance a bit more.

@DRIV3R, I guess that will happen inevitably when i put spanners on them sometime!

Last edited by Auto freak : 4th April 2011 at 19:24.
Auto freak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2011, 20:20   #1800
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 616
Thanked: 285 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstonlobo View Post
Good to know about your decision, please have a read of my thread in addition to others I too did a 10k review
I have already checked your thread. Its really informative and cool set of mods.

I was also looking at other long term ownership reports as there were quite a few Beat owners on here but they seem to have disappeared.
Mortis is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chevrolet Beat TCDI Diesel : Test Drive & Review GTO Official New Car Reviews 693 30th December 2016 12:52


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:27.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks