Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2013, 22:01   #3061
Senior - BHPian
 
Soumyajit9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: 10010
Posts: 1,500
Thanked: 1,639 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by superutp View Post
Guess whats back on my Beat

Brilliant !!!

If I remember, the idiots at Kropex broke off one of the DRLs' during your last service.
Now it looks complete back again.
By the way, you should have called / PMed me when getting the new DRLs' installed. I could have accompanied you and in the end, given a makeover to my Beat too. :(

And yes, when the next time you are going to an accessories shop for your Beatie, please please drop me a PM. Apparently, I am alone in the B'lore Beat club. You are my only hope.
Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2013, 19:33   #3062
BHPian
 
superutp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 408
Thanked: 157 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Brilliant !!!

If I remember, the idiots at Kropex broke off one of the DRLs' during your last service.
exactly!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Now it looks complete back again.
By the way, you should have called / PMed me when getting the new DRLs' installed. I could have accompanied you and in the end, given a makeover to my Beat too. :(

And yes, when the next time you are going to an accessories shop for your Beatie, please please drop me a PM. Apparently, I am alone in the B'lore Beat club. You are my only hope.
Thanks man! Ya sure will do. I am planning for some carbon fibre treatment in n out at 3m. Will let you know when I plan to go for it.

Also, regarding the fuel pump issue- I've had it since a year now, but it always disappears when I take it to the SA. I had also taken that video to prove to those guys that the sound is there. That was during my 6month service (around 8 months back) and Kropex acknowledged the sound and had told me that it would be replaced under warranty, but they didnt have stock of the part. Over the past months I have pretty much ignored the sound and never bothered bugging Kropex about it again.

The noise is almost always there, sometimes more discrete, sometimes loud and annoying. I guess we bangalore folks needs to pressurise the Kropex idiots into getting that part in.
superutp is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2013, 14:49   #3063
BHPian
 
Mr.Beat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 321
Thanked: 111 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post

The 3 year warranty covers this. The only thing that may not be in your favour is Luck. So everytime I take my Beat to make the Service Advisor hear the whistle sound during driving, it disappears the moment I enter the A.S.S.

I am not sure of the pricing of the Fuel Pump, post warranty. I would recommend to visit and get it replaced during warranty, if you happen to hear the noise during driving even.
Identified the problem and even i am facing the same issue.

What i can recommend to do is, drive the car for about 20-30 minutes and then take it to the service center. I noticed that the sounds starts coming after driving for sometime.

What is the exact issue? Does changing the fuel pump solve the problem?
Mr.Beat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2013, 17:24   #3064
BHPian
 
superutp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 408
Thanked: 157 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Beat View Post
Identified the problem and even i am facing the same issue.

What i can recommend to do is, drive the car for about 20-30 minutes and then take it to the service center. I noticed that the sounds starts coming after driving for sometime.

What is the exact issue? Does changing the fuel pump solve the problem?
Also, as I had reported quite some months back, I noticed that the sound also came while braking at slow speeds for me. Very strange!!

Not sure about the exact issue. The Service centre guys told that there was some 'earthing/wire' issue which they would fix but obviously that didnt work. Replacing the fuel pump is bound to solve the issue.
superutp is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2013, 22:17   #3065
BHPian
 
hellmet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: GTA
Posts: 810
Thanked: 636 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by informmaha View Post
Yes I also had the same doubt that you are having. I called up the exide service people direcly and they told the OE batteries come with 1 year warranty only. I also had a warranty card, but the problem is I am not with the vehicle now and my wife was already upset when the car stalled in the middle of the road, so she was in no mood to check and she also does not know how to check it. So I didnt have any other option but ask her to change a new one. I too definitely doubt that battery would have been changed or something wrong somewhere has definitely happened. Do we need to check all these things once its back from service from now on? but what all do we have to check it if at all we start to check, there are so many things to check, so will be cautious from next time on after servicing. There can be nothing done other than this from my part.
My Exide died with very low usage. Car was only used for 15K km and the vehicle is about 2years 9months old. The car started, I backed, stalled (due to my fault with clutch operation) and never started. Took the battery to a local battery guy and he said the specific gravity was skewed and charge too low ~7.8V so I'd have to get a new one. I'll be going for Amaron. Not happy with Exide at all. The car was taken out on a long ride (40+km) atleast once a week to keep the vehicle happy, but that still didn't help the battery from dying.

Can someone suggest the correct model from Amaron for the Beat, please?

Last edited by hellmet : 7th May 2013 at 22:28.
hellmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2013, 00:08   #3066
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: mumbai
Posts: 450
Thanked: 181 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

Mr.Beat
Hi
You may remember that we exchanged posts about a free checkup camp at Nikhil.
They had one in the month of April around 20th.
Wonder if you got a call and did you attend?
I was not in town until the 18th of april so if they called on my landline(that is the number they have) it is quite possible that there was no reply.
Regards
faustus77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2013, 10:50   #3067
BHPian
 
Mr.Beat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 321
Thanked: 111 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustus77 View Post
Mr.Beat
Hi
You may remember that we exchanged posts about a free checkup camp at Nikhil.
They had one in the month of April around 20th.
Wonder if you got a call and did you attend?
I was not in town until the 18th of april so if they called on my landline(that is the number they have) it is quite possible that there was no reply.
Regards
Yes, i remember we did. I did not get a call for the same

I was in fact visiting them often during this period to get the dashboard rattle and steering juddering issue resolved. When are you planning for your next service? Mine is scheduled in June
Mr.Beat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2013, 23:39   #3068
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: mumbai
Posts: 450
Thanked: 181 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Beat View Post
Yes, i remember we did. I did not get a call for the same

I was in fact visiting them often during this period to get the dashboard rattle and steering juddering issue resolved. When are you planning for your next service? Mine is scheduled in June
Mr.Beat.
Hi.
Surprising they didn't tell you about the camp.
I had my car serviced and checked in march. After that I drove Bombay -Delhi-Bombay which is 3000 kms. So for the time being no plan to go there.
2 days back I sent an e-mail to mr Cyrus(seniormost person at their Reay road workshop) and other than the average consumption, did ask the question why wasn't I called. Awaiting his reply.
Incidentally have you read my earlier post about the average I got?
Regards
faustus77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2013, 10:20   #3069
Senior - BHPian
 
Soumyajit9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: 10010
Posts: 1,500
Thanked: 1,639 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

Surprisingly, I see many Chevy camps organised across India. Haven't seen any ads about one in Bangalore. I had called couple of times to Kropex Chevrolet, Bangalore and they also mentioned of no camps. Checked Chevrolet India FB Page and I see pictures of camps organised at various places except Bangalore !! This is kinda shocking for me.

Any Bangalore Chevy owners, can you please confirm if there has been any camps organised recently, or might be coming soon ?
Soumyajit9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2013, 16:12   #3070
BHPian
 
superutp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 408
Thanked: 157 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Surprisingly, I see many Chevy camps organised across India. Haven't seen any ads about one in Bangalore. I had called couple of times to Kropex Chevrolet, Bangalore and they also mentioned of no camps. Checked Chevrolet India FB Page and I see pictures of camps organised at various places except Bangalore !! This is kinda shocking for me.

Any Bangalore Chevy owners, can you please confirm if there has been any camps organised recently, or might be coming soon ?
I got a sms from Kropex last month for a camp between 19-21 April for 50 point free checkup.

Didnt have the time to go for it.

Few days back I got a sms from the same number saying' Thank you for your feedback'

Also, I never received the feedback call after my 15k service.
superutp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2013, 09:43   #3071
BHPian
 
adg_andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 431
Thanked: 158 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

@ Supertup and Soumya,

Can we schedule the carbon fiber treatment in September. I have been inactive of late (with the car- not on the forum). If you are ready for September, count me in. I also need to buy accessories for my Beat (read DRLs and HIDs ) . Will bug you soon.
adg_andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2013, 12:28   #3072
Senior - BHPian
 
Soumyajit9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: 10010
Posts: 1,500
Thanked: 1,639 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by superutp View Post
I got a sms from Kropex last month for a camp between 19-21 April for 50 point free checkup.

Didnt have the time to go for it.
Few days back I got a sms from the same number saying' Thank you for your feedback'
Also, I never received the feedback call after my 15k service.
Aha. I see. So basically its' all luck dependent. Can you please drop me a PM when you get any updates on these camps ? I would like to visit them and get minor niggles fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adg_andy View Post
@ Supertup and Soumya,
Can we schedule the carbon fiber treatment in September. I have been inactive of late (with the car- not on the forum). If you are ready for September, count me in. I also need to buy accessories for my Beat (read DRLs and HIDs ) . Will bug you soon.
That sounds like a nice idea. I had been to 3M HSR for some ideas on fixing the scratches on my Beat's bumpers. Siddhu has recommended 3M CF treatment on the scratched out portion. Would look trendier too. Drop me a PM when you are planning for the visit. I would join you too. I am sure superutp would be interested too.
Soumyajit9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2013, 13:01   #3073
BHPian
 
superutp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 408
Thanked: 157 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by adg_andy View Post
@ Supertup and Soumya,

Can we schedule the carbon fiber treatment in September. I have been inactive of late (with the car- not on the forum). If you are ready for September, count me in. I also need to buy accessories for my Beat (read DRLs and HIDs ) . Will bug you soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Aha. I see. So basically its' all luck dependent. Can you please drop me a PM when you get any updates on these camps ? I would like to visit them and get minor niggles fixed.



That sounds like a nice idea. I had been to 3M HSR for some ideas on fixing the scratches on my Beat's bumpers. Siddhu has recommended 3M CF treatment on the scratched out portion. Would look trendier too. Drop me a PM when you are planning for the visit. I would join you too. I am sure superutp would be interested too.
Count me in as well. Lot of Carbon fibre required
superutp is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2013, 13:09   #3074
BHPian
 
AbhishekB86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 330
Thanked: 359 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

The fuel pump issue although present in my car disappears when driving. It is there when I'm about to start driving and goes away and does not resurface till the car is started again.

Anyway lads @samarth.bhatia and I are thinking daringly about treading on dangerous territory i.e. Leh/Ladakh in one of our Beats. We'll take the second one if there are more folks up for it. Since faustus has already covered this stretch it gives us more confidence. Anyone else up for it?

Also I want to get DRL's for my car too. An approximate on the costs involved is what I need.

As much as people crib about JK Vectra's they have lasted me almost 39 k with with very little signs of wear and tear. Although I am not going to risk these puny wheels on Leh/Ladakh I feel confident enough to last another year on them and in fact another Del-Mum-Del can be covered on them.

Edit : Am I the only one who feels check up camps are useless? Anyway the dealership just 3 weeks post my almost violent experience there is telling me my car is due for servicing. Wow!

Last edited by AbhishekB86 : 14th May 2013 at 13:12.
AbhishekB86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2013, 00:56   #3075
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: mumbai
Posts: 450
Thanked: 181 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

Mr.Beat
Hi.
Today I received a call from Suresh of Nikhil Automobiles for a checkup of something. I couldn't understand what the it was about but told him that I would be there on Thursday.
Meanwhile I have sent another email to mr.Cyrus about why you and me were not called. As I didn't know your name I just mentioned a fellow member of Teambhp.
In case you are interested please call Suresh.
Regards
faustus77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chevrolet Beat TCDI Diesel : Test Drive & Review GTO Official New Car Reviews 693 30th December 2016 12:52


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:26.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks