Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2015, 12:54   #3586
BHPian
 
adg_andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 431
Thanked: 158 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

Hi, my 90/100 Bosch headlamps have conked off. Any leads where I can find the same or similar around salt lake/ new town?
adg_andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2015, 11:29   #3587
BHPian
 
Topolino's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Udaipur
Posts: 243
Thanked: 59 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

My five & half year old Beat LT has done ~ 48000 kms, & is running fine without any issue.
In these years I changed:-
1. Oil & Oil Filter - 4 Times
2. Brake Oil - Once
3. Coolant - Once
4. Air Filter - Once
5. Fuel Filter - Once
6. Spark Plugs - One Set &
7. Wheel Alignment & Balancing Done - 4 times
Rest everything is factory fitted including tyres, battery, wiper blades, pollen filter, all bulbs, brake pads/shoes etc.
Topolino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2015, 09:05   #3588
BHPian
 
salbin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore, Kochi
Posts: 495
Thanked: 162 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adg_andy View Post
Hi, my 90/100 Bosch headlamps have conked off. Any leads where I can find the same or similar around salt lake/ new town?
You can consider buying the bulb from any of the online stores and change it as a DIY. It's very easy and simple.
Suggest Philips essential vision over Bosch.
salbin is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2015, 17:51   #3589
Senior - BHPian
 
sumeethaldankar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,553
Thanked: 884 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

Guys disaster has struck my sis' Chevy Beat. The car had a radiator leakage which she was not aware of and she lent the car to a relative. While driving the car overheated and stopped and had to be towed back to Chevy Angel Vasai (the dealer). There was no smoke as per the person driving and the car would crank but would refuse to go over second gear and would stall. He managed to pull the car over in first and got it towed to the A.S.S The mess can be seen in pics below.

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-img20151026wa0003.jpg

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-img20151026wa0004.jpg

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-img20151026wa0005.jpg

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-img20151026wa0006.jpg

As per the A.S.S advisor Mr Pratik (someone should give this person a lesson on how to talk to customers) said that the chord wires and spark plugs had been damaged and were replaced after which he said he would check if the car starts or not. Even after replacing the said parts car refused to crank as per the A.S.S guy. The guy then said that they will have to open the engine up and would have to see if any of the components like valve etc would need replacement or not. The head gasket is a goner as claimed but what i wanted to know can the valve etc be damaged. As i mentioned before that there was no smoke. The person who was driving noticed the car overheating and loss of power was experienced. I believe the car went into limp mode but am not sure. Would major components be damaged if there was no smoke or is the A.S.S pulling as fast one. They are projecting 30-35k for repairs min.
sumeethaldankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2015, 23:23   #3590
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: mumbai
Posts: 450
Thanked: 181 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
Myavu
Hi
Thanks for your link.
My daughter was stuck in traffic for one and a half hour,without AC (as I had warned her not to use it) so before I saw your post I had the battery changed. Bought Exide 50 AMP, this was the suggestion by A S S.
Once again thanks a lot
Regards
faustus77 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2015, 12:35   #3591
BHPian
 
RM Motorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 99
Thanked: 177 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

I have Chevy Beat which I bought from National Garage in Mumbai. It was very convenient for me for my car servicing. Within a year National Garage shut down and my account was transferred to Nikhil Automobiles. I used to give my car for servicing at their workshop in Sewri, BPT which was a little pain to commute. There was very less public transport available from their workshop. Recently I got a sms from Nikhil that they have shut down their Sewri workshop and all their operation have moved to their Kopar Khairane workshop. This is almost an hour and half drive from my residence. Not a single Chevy service center in south and central Mumbai. Since my car is out of warranty, I now plan not to give my Beat for servicing at Chevy service centers (as they are much out of reach for me). Do any Chevy Beat owners in Mumbai know good garages for servicing Beat apart from Chevy workshops? Your help will be highly appreciated.

Just came to know Chevy lost about 60 dealers in india. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ips-india.html (General Motors loses nearly 60 dealerships in India)
RM Motorsports is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2015, 01:04   #3592
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: mumbai
Posts: 450
Thanked: 181 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
I have Chevy Beat which I bought from National Garage in Mumbai. It was very convenient for me for my car servicing. Within a year National Garage shut down and my account was transferred to Nikhil Automobiles. I used to give my car for servicing at their workshop in Sewri, BPT which was a little pain to commute. There was very less public transport available from their workshop. Recently I got a sms from Nikhil that they have shut down their Sewri workshop and all their operation have moved to their Kopar Khairane workshop. This is almost an hour and half drive from my residence. Not a single Chevy service center in south and central Mumbai. Since my car is out of warranty, I now plan not to give my Beat for servicing at Chevy service centers (as they are much out of reach for me). Do any Chevy Beat owners in Mumbai know good garages for servicing Beat apart from Chevy workshops? Your help will be highly appreciated.

Just came to know Chevy lost about 60 dealers in india. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ips-india.html (General Motors loses nearly 60 dealerships in India)
RM Motorsports.
Hi.
I am facing the same problem as the nearest place was National ( 8 kms) and Nikhil ( Reay Road/Cotton Green 10 kms)
Now both have closed down and Kopar Khairane is too far away....they do have a pickup and drop service but still way too far.
On 4th Nov there was an article in the Times of India.
"FROM 280 TO 223 OUTLETS - Dealers dump GM, say it's not viable to operate"
http://epaperbeta.timesofindia.com//...04112015029030
Regards
PS: The only option is to sell the car. Mine is May 2010 AC, power steering, music system and MH 01 registered. Any idea what would be the selling price? Thanks
faustus77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2015, 01:42   #3593
Senior - BHPian
 
myavu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Delhi - Kochi
Posts: 1,055
Thanked: 510 Times
Arrow Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

So little Beaty went for her 11th service yesterday.

Mileage clocked 43570 KMs

Free service and Engine Oil offered at last months front suspension bush change. Details here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3708529 (Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review)

So car checked, Engine Oil, filter changed. There was some klick-klick sound from right side front bumper area. Right side headlamp assembly was the culprit. Issue fixed. Washed and returned back in 2.5 hours.

First time in the last 5.5 years of ownership (11 services) my damage to pocket was just Rs. 710/-

Please find the following invoice for your reference.

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-wp_20151121_11_59_30_rich_li.jpg

Cheers!

Vinu
myavu is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2015, 01:54   #3594
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: mumbai
Posts: 450
Thanked: 181 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-8a6ea89973664fe0b731129b9f2214e3.jpgClick image for larger version

Name:	8a6ea89973664fe0b731129b9f2214e3.jpg
Views:	336
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	1444805

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-0f7ce8ab513f4a4db0a2fe74ce91b6e3.jpg

Hi everybody.
My right rear door handle broke. Uploading pictures of it.
Any idea where can I get it? (Outside of A S S Approximate cost?
Can the friendly neighborhood instal the new ones? As far as I can see the old needs to be unscrewed and the new one to be screwed.
Please advise.
Thanks a lot in advance
Regards
faustus77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2015, 08:40   #3595
Senior - BHPian
 
Soumyajit9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: 10010
Posts: 1,503
Thanked: 1,639 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustus77 View Post
Hi everybody.
My right rear door handle broke. Uploading pictures of it.
Any idea where can I get it? (Outside of A S S Approximate cost?
Can the friendly neighborhood instal the new ones? As far as I can see the old needs to be unscrewed and the new one to be screwed.
Please advise.
Thanks a lot in advance
Regards
You can try online at:

http://www.motrpart.in/d/16727/after...at-door-handle

(Sad, there isn't an image to confirm the part)

I would advise you to first send an enquiry to them before ordering. Also, please check the parts and labour cost at A.S.S before going online. If the difference isn't much, would recommend to get it done at A.S.S only.
Soumyajit9 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2015, 00:08   #3596
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: mumbai
Posts: 450
Thanked: 181 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
You can try online at:

http://www.motrpart.in/d/16727/after...at-door-handle

(Sad, there isn't an image to confirm the part)

I would advise you to first send an enquiry to them before ordering. Also, please check the parts and labour cost at A.S.S before going online. If the difference isn't much, would recommend to get it done at A.S.S only.
Soumyajit
Hi.
5 days back sent a picture and email asking for the price. So far no reply.
Called up the A S S and they quoted a price of rs 505. Good news is that that it can be screwed on by the FNM. Bad news is that the A S S( Nikhil) is located around 35/40 kms. Just not worth it.
Will try and get it from a different neighbourhood spare parts shop.
Seems such things will be part and parcel of maintaining a Beat.
Once again thanks a lot for your reply.
Regards
faustus77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2015, 10:39   #3597
BHPian
 
Topolino's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Udaipur
Posts: 243
Thanked: 59 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

Need advice on tyre change:
The 5 years 9 months old JK Vectra tyres of my Beat has run ~50000 kms without any issue. Soon the tyres are going to be 6 years old, so I am thinking of changing them. I am a sedate driver with annual running of ~ 8500 kms, out of which ~ 5500 km is city running & ~ 3000 km highway running. On highways I usually drive at 80 - 100 kmph speed.
Please advice which tyre brand should I prefer. Should I go for same tyre size i.e 155/70R14 or should I upgrade to 165/65R14.
At present options in 155/70R14 are
1) JK Vectra
2) Apollo Alnac
3) Bridgestone B290 or Turanza AR 20
4) MRF ZLX
Options in 165/65R14 are
1) JK Vectra
2) Apollo Amazer 4G, 4G Life, 3G MAXX
3) Bridgestone S322
4) MRF ZLX
5) Michelin Energy XM2.
Topolino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2015, 10:44   #3598
BHPian
 
aswin ajith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Cochin
Posts: 93
Thanked: 68 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topolino View Post
Need advice on tyre change:
The 5 years 9 months old JK Vectra tyres of my Beat has run ~50000 kms without any issue. Soon the tyres are going to be 6 years old, so I am thinking of changing them. I am a sedate driver with annual running of ~ 8500 kms, out of which ~ 5500 km is city running & ~ 3000 km highway running. On highways I usually drive at 80 - 100 kmph speed.
Please advice which tyre brand should I prefer. Should I go for same tyre size i.e 155/70R14 or should I upgrade to 165/65R14.
At present options in 155/70R14 are
1) JK Vectra
2) Apollo Alnac
3) Bridgestone B290 or Turanza AR 20
4) MRF ZLX
Options in 165/65R14 are
1) JK Vectra
2) Apollo Amazer 4G, 4G Life, 3G MAXX
3) Bridgestone S322
4) MRF ZLX
5) Michelin Energy XM2.
I would suggest you go ahead with the Michelin's in 165/65 R14. They are comfortable grippy and reliable. It's the best among the options you have listed. Even though it's a tad bit on the expensive side, I would suggest you ahead with it. You won't regret it for sure.

Last edited by aswin ajith : 8th December 2015 at 10:45.
aswin ajith is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2015, 11:17   #3599
BHPian
 
GKMahajan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Pune/Mumbai
Posts: 536
Thanked: 692 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topolino View Post
Need advice on tyre change:
The 5 years 9 months old JK Vectra tyres of my Beat has run ~50000 kms without any issue. Soon the tyres are going to be 6 years old, so I am thinking of changing them. I am a sedate driver with annual running of ~ 8500 kms, out of which ~ 5500 km is city running & ~ 3000 km highway running. On highways I usually drive at 80 - 100 kmph speed.
Please advice which tyre brand should I prefer. Should I go for same tyre size i.e 155/70R14 or should I upgrade to 165/65R14.
At present options in 155/70R14 are
1) JK Vectra
2) Apollo Alnac
3) Bridgestone B290 or Turanza AR 20
4) MRF ZLX
Options in 165/65R14 are
1) JK Vectra
2) Apollo Amazer 4G, 4G Life, 3G MAXX
3) Bridgestone S322
4) MRF ZLX
5) Michelin Energy XM2.
Dear Topolino,

My suggestion - you should not decide the time to change tyres on the basis of kms only. Each tyre has a 'mark'. If this mark is worn out, then change the tyres. You can go to a good tyre shop, those guys will show you the 'mark' for your tyres.

In my 2006 Honda City, my tyres lasted 72,000 km - which is significantly more than the 45,000~55,000 km that Honda and Bridgestone guys were talking of.

This is just a suggestion - mind you.

I am not in any way able to suggest any specific tyre. However, when I did change my City tyres, I asked for tougher tyres. I bought relatively costlier Bridgestone tyres (I do not remember details). It cost me about 26,000 Rs at that time for a set of 5 tyres. The ride quality and the FE both went up. Sorry - can't help you more on this.

All the guys I talked to suggested
1. Michelin - first choice - but be prepared for better ride at the cost of life
2. Bridgestone - second choice - good balance between ride and life

First hand, on 2-wheelers and 4-wheelers I have experience of MRF and Bridgestone only. For the last one month or so, I am using Goodyear tyres for the first time.

I had no issues with MRF or Bridgestone. Goodyear feels good, but one tyre failed in less than 500 km!
GKMahajan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2015, 20:49   #3600
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 629
Thanked: 296 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

I also just finally upgraded my Beats tyres after 4.5 years and 35000km today. Chose the recommended upsize of 175/65/R14 on stock rims. I got Yokohama Earth 1 tyres @ Rs 4100 including the paltry buyback amount or Rs 200 for each of the old tyres and complimentary wheel balancing and alignment. The ride is softer and quieter now judging from the 10km I have driven so far today.
Mortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chevrolet Beat TCDI Diesel : Test Drive & Review GTO Official New Car Reviews 693 30th December 2016 12:52


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:26.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks