Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2010, 14:18   #1381
Senior - BHPian
 
blackasta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kolkata, WB
Posts: 2,626
Thanked: 755 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto-one View Post
Could you please specify the exact nature of the problem/s discoverd with these colours?
You may go through the following posts:


http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1417829


http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1608342

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1613293



Apparently there was a rusting problem with the Vocal White color.
blackasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2010, 19:10   #1382
Joy
BHPian
 
Joy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 305
Thanked: 25 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmaniac View Post
....
Let me see if I can shoot a mail to GMI about this.

By the way, the Beat's website still shows Moroccan Blue as one of the colors
Please do so and share your experience with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
.....
Apparently there was a rusting problem with the Vocal White color.
This is a true horror story. Though I have not confirmed any colour but I am feeling a bit uneasy now.
Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2010, 20:00   #1383
BHPian
 
alstonlobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 472
Thanked: 96 Times
Default

I need to confirm this with my Chevy guy, if its official, then this is a serious blot to the Beat's reputation :(
alstonlobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2010, 20:08   #1384
BHPian
 
alstonlobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 472
Thanked: 96 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy View Post
@astonlobo: I have took test drive of Beat and Figo Diesel. Figo diesel seems to got everything, ride, handling, boot space, and also a good music sytem. Beat too is good regarding ride, handling is bit weak (comapred to Figo), features (more than Figo EXI), never heard the original music system (because it was a LS) and other things.

As I am still calculating and re-calculating. If Figo, it will be definitely Diesel (I don't even considered petrol) or Beat LT. I hate GM for not offering any diesel version in Beat (so, could not compare).

Can OE be survived for at least 4-6 months (till I recover) without any up-gradations and that too without too much complain (from so called friend, philosopher,guide, etc.) ?

Thanks in advance.

Joy, I have not driven the Figo so I cant comment on its ride quality, the interiors are roomy and the OE stereo is pretty good, but what put me down was the quality of plastics, specially the ones on the doors, they were pretty cheap looking to me, but apart from that I did not find anything redeeming about the car, yes it has its own share of folllowers, but I would take the Beat LT anyday even though the speakers are of not average quality, the plastics are just according to my taste.

End of the day, its your choice, you decide, I would not influence you with my choice, I would like you to weigh the Pro and Cons of each machine and make a wise decision.

All the best buddy
alstonlobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2010, 21:16   #1385
BHPian
 
salbin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore, Kochi
Posts: 490
Thanked: 159 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshatverma1979 View Post
Did try it with the AC on full blast. In fact shifted the blower vent direction too towards the door. But no leakage in my car and also another Beat of a known person. Maybe its a misinformation that the problem is with all Beats.
I also checked it in my Beat. But could not find any such problem.
Got a chance of having a look at the door handle portion from inside during remote lock install in my friends car. Could not find any gap in the arrangement, which can lead to a leak.
Here is the pic:
Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-27082010075.jpg
Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-27082010083.jpg

Side impact safety reinforcement inside door:
Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-27082010084.jpg
salbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2010, 22:51   #1386
Joy
BHPian
 
Joy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 305
Thanked: 25 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstonlobo View Post
Joy, I have not driven the Figo so I cant comment on its ride quality, the interiors are roomy and the OE stereo is pretty good, but what put me down was the quality of plastics, specially the ones on the doors, they were pretty cheap looking to me, but apart from that I did not find anything redeeming about the car, yes it has its own share of folllowers, but I would take the Beat LT anyday even though the speakers are of not average quality, the plastics are just according to my taste.

End of the day, its your choice, you decide, I would not influence you with my choice, I would like you to weigh the Pro and Cons of each machine and make a wise decision.

All the best buddy
I agree with you regarding Figo's plastic quality. Since my parents stay with me, I am thinking in terms of rear and boot space. But anyday if I take petrol, it will be Beat LT (though not taken test drive of Figo petrol).

As you can see, I am more active on this thread than Figo's because the day I saw it's concept interior, I was blown away. So, there is no concept of influence. Since you & others are using Beat for quite sometime that's why the questions are thrown at you all. And you people have been so helpful throughout that I will remain ever grateful. Sorry, if I ever bothered you all.
Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2010, 03:04   #1387
BHPian
 
informmaha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Banglore/Madras
Posts: 212
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

Hi BHPians,

Done with the ECU remap yesterday, and wow is the first feel that you will get after the remapping. The engine became super smooth and the 2nd gear slump is totally out. The car responds well now at all speeds. Tried for 200 kms and it was a pleasure to drive. The engine revs happily, though i did not go beyond 100KPH and maintaining RPM below 3K. And i tell you that the engine was roaring to go beyond this, but was in no mood to press hard, instead was enjoying the drive. Have to check with the FE though. I suppose the remapping has nothing to do with FE (hope so). It hardly took 15 mins for them to do the remap which i saw from the waiting longue.

I did the Reassurance check up where in i told the problem about the noise from the rear suspension, and they said my vehicle has somehow been from the lot which had this issue initially (collar in the rear suspension which many had issues before). But the part was not available and so the SA told that it takes 5 days for them to get it and they will fix it whenever i am free. The service gets a

I also checked for the AC leakage if any as mentioned in the previous posts, i didnt find any gas leaking through the door handles. So might be some defect in the particular vehicle, which could be sorted out if the problem still persists.

The moroccan blue was stopped because of the fact that, it is the less sold color compared to other colors (I too personally liked the MB a lot). I heard that they are coming up with new color (not sure though), probably a silky silver which i was looking for badly in Beat. Anyways am happy with the color that i have now, since its very easy to clean

Thanks,
Raj.

Last edited by informmaha : 31st August 2010 at 03:06.
informmaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2010, 11:30   #1388
BHPian
 
Topolino's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Udaipur
Posts: 243
Thanked: 58 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy View Post
I agree with you regarding Figo's plastic quality. Since my parents stay with me, I am thinking in terms of rear and boot space. But anyday if I take petrol, it will be Beat LT (though not taken test drive of Figo petrol).

As you can see, I am more active on this thread than Figo's because the day I saw it's concept interior, I was blown away. So, there is no concept of influence. Since you & others are using Beat for quite sometime that's why the questions are thrown at you all. And you people have been so helpful throughout that I will remain ever grateful. Sorry, if I ever bothered you all.
Joy I am a proud owner of Beat and till date have covered 4000+ kms and haven't faced any problem and also getting decent overall FE of ~ 16 kmpl. But as you are staying with your parents interior width and boot space should be your prime priority. So I would suggest you to go for Ford Figo as it has better interior width and boot space as compared to Beat.
Topolino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2010, 12:35   #1389
BHPian
 
sajjt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 504
Thanked: 96 Times
Default

My latest FE update after the remapping is 12Kpl Almost the same as previous mapping. How you guys are squeezing out 15pkpl? I don't do any spirited drives, always keeps the needle between 70-80, mostly use 5th gear as much as possible but while on 1-2 gears rpms overshoot almost 2.5K. Is this could be a reason? I used to get 17 on my friend's alto, 11-13 on swift. I've checked with other beat owners here and they are also getting almost the same figures.
Is it a in FE?
sajjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2010, 14:41   #1390
BHPian
 
Topolino's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Udaipur
Posts: 243
Thanked: 58 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
My latest FE update after the remapping is 12Kpl Almost the same as previous mapping. How you guys are squeezing out 15pkpl? I don't do any spirited drives, always keeps the needle between 70-80, mostly use 5th gear as much as possible but while on 1-2 gears rpms overshoot almost 2.5K. Is this could be a reason? I used to get 17 on my friend's alto, 11-13 on swift. I've checked with other beat owners here and they are also getting almost the same figures.
Is it a in FE?
Last week did a trip of ~1300 km and closely monitored the FE of my Beat. Please see the file attached herewith for more details. All calculations are made on tank full to tank full basis, total load being 160 kg.
Attached Files
File Type: doc FE Beat.doc (60.0 KB, 559 views)
Topolino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2010, 18:04   #1391
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 237
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by informmaha View Post
The moroccan blue was stopped because of the fact that, it is the less sold color compared to other colors (I too personally liked the MB a lot). I heard that they are coming up with new color (not sure though), probably a silky silver which i was looking for badly in Beat. Anyways am happy with the color that i have now, since its very easy to clean
I was wondering why the MB shade was getting discontinued.The colour looked good on the Beat. Wish they come up with some other dark shade like wine red / maroon,along with silky silver.
auto-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2010, 01:33   #1392
BHPian
 
informmaha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Banglore/Madras
Posts: 212
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topolino View Post
Last week did a trip of ~1300 km and closely monitored the FE of my Beat. Please see the file attached herewith for more details. All calculations are made on tank full to tank full basis, total load being 160 kg.
@ Topolino

Wounder how you have this much patience to do all the calculations.. Great work and your vehicle has good FE too.
informmaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2010, 10:50   #1393
BHPian
 
sajjt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 504
Thanked: 96 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by informmaha View Post
@ Topolino

Wounder how you have this much patience to do all the calculations.. Great work and your vehicle has good FE too.
Needless to say, good work Topolino What is your normal rpm range? Within 2k? Am a careless driver in 1-2 gears as it will shoot beyond 2k at times.
sajjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2010, 10:55   #1394
BHPian
 
quadmaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 327
Thanked: 32 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by informmaha View Post

The moroccan blue was stopped because of the fact that, it is the less sold color compared to other colors (I too personally liked the MB a lot)
I don't believe that. MB is one of the most sold colors, from what I've seen on Hyd roads. (Perhaps only after the green)

Unless our taste in color varies too much from city to city

So if thats really the case... then

+ the blue would become somewhat of a collector's item ;-)
- I hope they'd have the color for paint jobs etc
quadmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2010, 11:26   #1395
BHPian
 
alstonlobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 472
Thanked: 96 Times
Default

Now that the ICE project is complete, I am planning to install Bi-Xenon HIDs with angel eyes for my car.
Doing a lot of study and research on this. Probably will do a retro fit for the headlights and also looking at possibilities for projector lamps for fogs.
Interested in Bosch or Hella projectors at 4300K and 3000K fog lamps. Plans to materialise when Vitamin M is at its optimum level
alstonlobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chevrolet Beat TCDI Diesel : Test Drive & Review GTO Official New Car Reviews 693 30th December 2016 12:52


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 18:34.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks