Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2010, 15:02   #1951
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Thad E Ginathom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 6,998
Thanked: 5,045 Times
Default

Hats off to the guy for trying not to hit the dog. It cost him his car. Sad story.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2010, 17:39   #1952
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 441
Thanked: 33 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver2000 View Post
I was at VW downtown yesterday, getting my Polo (black, highline) number plates fitted (ownership thread coming soon). While I was there, I saw a brand new Polo, coming in on a tow truck - and it was completely lost in the accident. Apparently, it is one of the first 1.6 deliveries that happened in Bangalore (not the very first) - and it got totalled within two days. The owner was trying to avoid a dog, and hit a tree. Apparently, the owner's deposit is still with the company - and he has asked the dealership to book another car, he is so happy with the performance!

So, the 1.6 Polo certainly drives well (zippy), has great safety features, and inspires confidence. Anything else, lets see!
Which color was the 1.6?

By the way, did you make the full payment before registration? Just wanted to confirm how the payment process works. My Polo was invoiced by VW on Monday. Do they give the car out on temporary registration and do you have to take it back to fix the number plates? Thanks!
nowwhat? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2010, 17:43   #1953
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: |
Posts: 4,648
Thanked: 3,138 Times
Default

OT: this is what I saw today- a blueline bus with a VW polo wheel cover.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-photo0896.jpg  

sidindica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2010, 22:06   #1954
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: India
Posts: 673
Thanked: 137 Times
Default

Wow! thats a nice catch. But sad to see this picture, some dealer in Delhi (if I am not wrong) quoted the price for a single Wheel Cover for VW Polo at 1600/- and here it is
AvonA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2010, 11:48   #1955
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 111
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat? View Post
Which color was the 1.6?

By the way, did you make the full payment before registration? Just wanted to confirm how the payment process works. My Polo was invoiced by VW on Monday. Do they give the car out on temporary registration and do you have to take it back to fix the number plates? Thanks!

Yes, they do need the full payment before they take it fo registration - since the car is yours after it is registered. Typically, the number plates arrive one day after registration. So if you want the car on the same day that it is registered, you drive it for a day or so without the plates - they put in a paper saying 'Registered' on the front and back screens.

Good part about going back the next day for some accessories - I got a free car wash thrown in. The black colour looks really nice after a nice wash
Driver2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2010, 13:59   #1956
BHPian
 
quadmaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 315
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
OT: this is what I saw today- a blueline bus with a VW polo wheel cover.
That was hilarious

Sorry for the poor owner of the wheelcover
quadmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2010, 14:11   #1957
BHPian
 
alexkrish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 68
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Polo owners : I have a question which might be silly..

In the Polo HL, does the car sound an alarm when you tap on the car. ie., if some one leans or pushes the car. I have seen this in many other cars with a burgler alarm. Or do you have to install it separately as an accessory ?

The very reason am asking this is for the VW Badge! Last week, I saw a VW ( don't remember if its a jetta or a passat ) without a VW badge. I have seen a lot of Skodas without a badge.

Will the same happen for Polo too ? Is the VW badge 'steal-able' ?? Any thoughts ??
alexkrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2010, 15:50   #1958
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 111
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkrish View Post
Congrats Driver2000! All the very best and wishing you loads of happy miles with your black beauty!
Eagerly waiting for the pics!
A little bit , but responding to AlexKrish's request: Alex, posted some pics on my ownership post: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-way-home.html (Black Polo Highline gleams its way home).

Hope you like the colour as much as I did
Driver2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2010, 15:56   #1959
Senior - BHPian
 
fiat_tarun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pune / Mysore
Posts: 1,074
Thanked: 519 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkrish View Post
Polo owners : I have a question which might be silly..

In the Polo HL, does the car sound an alarm when you tap on the car. ie., if some one leans or pushes the car. I have seen this in many other cars with a burgler alarm. Or do you have to install it separately as an accessory ?

The very reason am asking this is for the VW Badge! Last week, I saw a VW ( don't remember if its a jetta or a passat ) without a VW badge. I have seen a lot of Skodas without a badge.

Will the same happen for Polo too ? Is the VW badge 'steal-able' ?? Any thoughts ??
I think you are talking about those motion/vibration sensing alarm systems. They are available in the aftermarket if you really want it, but there have been reports of the alarm going off very easily (loud horn near your car, crackers, etc)
fiat_tarun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2010, 23:33   #1960
BHPian
 
alexkrish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 68
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Thats true. I have even heard some going off during thunder storms. But my question is still not answered ! Is it 'Steal-able' ?? Any ways of avoiding it ?

The car looks great with the badge. I don't want to lose that!
One of my friend lost his Octavia's Skoda badge and he had to get a duplicate one.

Thanks Driver2000,

Your black beauty looks awesome! I generally like white cars, but after looking at pics of yours and chetanbg's black polo, i have started loving it. Black with that Pearl effect really adds to its beauty!

More pics if you can! The more I see the Car, the more I long for it!

Now, we have another ownership thread to track.. Hope its as informative and detailed as Chetan's. Keep writing.

Last edited by GTO : 28th August 2010 at 11:51. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another!
alexkrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2010, 07:36   #1961
Senior - BHPian
 
Chethan B G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,371
Thanked: 638 Times
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkrish View Post
Polo owners : I have a question which might be silly..

In the Polo HL, does the car sound an alarm when you tap on the car. ie., if some one leans or pushes the car. I have seen this in many other cars with a burgler alarm. Or do you have to install it separately as an accessory ?

The very reason am asking this is for the VW Badge! Last week, I saw a VW ( don't remember if its a jetta or a passat ) without a VW badge. I have seen a lot of Skodas without a badge.

Will the same happen for Polo too ? Is the VW badge 'steal-able' ?? Any thoughts ??
Polo comes only with an engine immobilizer. It does not have a vibration sensor. This can be fitted, after-market. Sensitivity of the sensor can be adjusted, so that - It does not come on during thunder storm...Etc.

Chrome on any car, either inside or outside - is only stuck with an adhesive. This holds good for chrome strips, Logo's, scripts, inserts...Etc. Any thing today is steal-able.

Only difference is - Owner will wish that his Car was stolen, instead of only the Logo!!
Chethan B G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2010, 15:15   #1962
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 42
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Polo comes only with an engine immobilizer. It does not have a vibration sensor. This can be fitted, after-market. Sensitivity of the sensor can be adjusted, so that - It does not come on during thunder storm...Etc.

Chrome on any car, either inside or outside - is only stuck with an adhesive. This holds good for chrome strips, Logo's, scripts, inserts...Etc. Any thing today is steal-able.

Only difference is - Owner will wish that his Car was stolen, instead of only the Logo!!
Isn't the Logo covered in Insurance? If not, a better way to protect it is to remove it yourself and keep it safely in the drawer.

@Chethan: Now I am eagerly waiting for your friends 1.6 and its TD report
Infantarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2010, 15:30   #1963
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Thad E Ginathom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 6,998
Thanked: 5,045 Times
Default

About 17 or 18 years ago there was a band with a logo that looked very much like the VW logo. There were many VWs to be seen in UK with empty circles in their radiator grills due to fans steeling the logos.

The problem got so bad that VW offered to give them free to the fans!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2010, 11:14   #1964
mkh
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,070
Thanked: 102 Times
Default

Any idea on a solution to the lack of locking mechanism in the polo?Is there a chance to install a separate locking kit that allows other than the driver to unlock and lock the doors?
Sorry if this is answered, did not have the patience to search all the thread pages and ownership threads as its a huge task.
mkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2010, 11:22   #1965
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 111
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Any idea on a solution to the lack of locking mechanism in the polo?Is there a chance to install a separate locking kit that allows other than the driver to unlock and lock the doors?
Sorry if this is answered, did not have the patience to search all the thread pages and ownership threads as its a huge task.
AFAIK, you cant install anything external for locking the doors in the Polo. Anything from the market might run into warranty issues as well - so this might not be very possible. Call it the german quirkiness or whatever - they seem to be teaching us a bit of a locking/unlocking lesson?
Driver2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review GTO Official New Car Reviews 8611 16th November 2016 12:26
Volkswagen Jetta 1.6 Litre Petrol (Trendline) Test Drive, Review & Photos Karizma Fan Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 40 18th February 2010 20:45


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:30.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks