Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2012, 19:43   #2431
BHPian
 
unknown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Earth
Posts: 427
Thanked: 13 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Steer clear. There is no reason why the car should be registered temporarily before being sold. All probabilities it is a TD car or display vehicle.
S.A says red sticker with number is alloted from company on all cars, Is it true ?
unknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2012, 19:53   #2432
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: --
Posts: 7,787
Thanked: 10,679 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
S.A says red sticker with number is alloted from company on all cars, Is it true ?
Never saw cars with the said sticker on cars in the stock yard.
Could be specific to the mode of delivery from the company.


Cheers!
volkman10 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2012, 20:37   #2433
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,133
Thanked: 363 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

That's total crap. The only number on the car during dispatch is the VIN (you can find it in the bottom of front windshield on the passenger side) Check the VIN and you will get to know the real story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
S.A says red sticker with number is alloted from company on all cars, Is it true ?
bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2012, 00:07   #2434
BHPian
 
unknown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Earth
Posts: 427
Thanked: 13 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Never saw cars with the said sticker on cars in the stock yard.
Could be specific to the mode of delivery from the company.


Cheers!
Myself too never seen that, moreover whats the point of removing plastic covers from seats on a new car, deal breaker, your 1.6 is manufactured in which month ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
That's total crap. The only number on the car during dispatch is the VIN (you can find it in the bottom of front windshield on the passenger side) Check the VIN and you will get to know the real story.
4th digit of vin is E mate, which denotes to may if i'm correct ? btw your 1.6 is made in which month ?
unknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2012, 12:29   #2435
BHPian
 
DudeWithaFiat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Kochi/Bengaluru
Posts: 314
Thanked: 337 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Too late to ask this question, but still, any idea what those two red marks on the speedo at 30 and 50 indicate ?
Attached Images
 
DudeWithaFiat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2012, 14:11   #2436
Senior - BHPian
 
bottle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,487
Thanked: 130 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

I think its permissable speeds in each gear

VWVortex.com - Red Mark on Speedometer at 50km/hr?
http://www.midsouthvw.com/SpeedoEvol.html
bottle is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2012, 21:12   #2437
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: --
Posts: 7,787
Thanked: 10,679 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
btw your 1.6 is made in which month ?

Production month May 2011.


Cheers!
volkman10 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2012, 23:08   #2438
BHPian
 
unknown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Earth
Posts: 427
Thanked: 13 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Production month May 2011.


Cheers!
Seems like after may/june they stopped production of 1.6, thanks
unknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2012, 16:50   #2439
BHPian
 
The Pain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 74
Thanked: 19 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Hi,

Need some help with a decision on the Polo 1.6 Petrol. A dealer is offering close to 87000/- off (including approx. 10000/- corp discount) on a 2011 model and is also throwing in the 2 year extended warranty for free. The salesman says that the model is from August 2011 but has not provided me with the VIN number (Will definately check this before moving forward in any case) and that the car is at their Pune plant atm..

Is this a good deal or should I be worried about any issues related to a 2011 car.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
The Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2012, 00:11   #2440
Senior - BHPian
 
shashank.nk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,512
Thanked: 709 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pain View Post
Hi,

Is this a good deal or should I be worried about any issues related to a 2011 car.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
When i inquired in Jan '12, the dealer offered a total of 80-90k off on the OTR price of the 1.6 highline here in bangalore. So the deal you've got looks to be on similar lines. You can bargain more based on how old the car is.

For checking the exact date of manufacture along with the VIN, ask for form 22.
shashank.nk is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2012, 00:32   #2441
BHPian
 
The Pain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 74
Thanked: 19 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Thanks Shashank, Will check on the vin and form 22 as well.

Is there anything i need to be concerned about or check regarding a car that has been manufactured approx 6 months or so ago?
The Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2012, 13:12   #2442
Senior - BHPian
 
bottle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,487
Thanked: 130 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

^Just look under bonnet and hard to reach spots, edges, under the hood, under seats, maybe even under rubber beading, boot area for signs of rust or unwanted wear and tear.

If anyone is interested I sent an email to these guys - sales@n1engineering.com and they have a Pipercross induction kit with pipe for 7.5k for the Polo 1.6, I was just curious after this thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...highlight=polo (Difference between Polo R Cup's 1.6 TDI and Vento/Rapid's 1.6 TDI)
bottle is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2012, 15:42   #2443
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,133
Thanked: 363 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Actually the VIN number should give you the manufacturing month. It will be there on the bottom of the windsheild towards the front passenger side. Once you get it, you can post it in VIN decoding thread on the forum to get the complete details.

Form 22 will come into picture only when your vehicle is being sent for registration.

I feel you can still push a little more and get around a lakh off OTR. Does the deal include insurance, if not you can opt to do it outside and save a significant amount there. And do visibly inspect the car inside out as bottle has advised above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pain View Post
Thanks Shashank, Will check on the vin and form 22 as well.

Is there anything i need to be concerned about or check regarding a car that has been manufactured approx 6 months or so ago?
bala80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2012, 16:11   #2444
BHPian
 
The Pain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 74
Thanked: 19 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Actually the VIN number should give you the manufacturing month. It will be there on the bottom of the windsheild towards the front passenger side. Once you get it, you can post it in VIN decoding thread on the forum to get the complete details.

Form 22 will come into picture only when your vehicle is being sent for registration.

I feel you can still push a little more and get around a lakh off OTR. Does the deal include insurance, if not you can opt to do it outside and save a significant amount there. And do visibly inspect the car inside out as bottle has advised above.
Thanks Bala and Bottle,

It does include insurance. Basically I am ending up paying around 8K less than the ex-showroom price for the car and getting the 2yrs extended warranty which apparently not otherwise available on the 1.6 petrol.

Have already pushed for minor freebies like mats, mud flaps etc. Will try to bargain for more as you suggested though as well.
The Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2012, 19:14   #2445
Senior - BHPian
 
shashank.nk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,512
Thanked: 709 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pain View Post
Thanks Bala and Bottle,

It does include insurance. Basically I am ending up paying around 8K less than the ex-showroom price for the car and getting the 2yrs extended warranty which apparently not otherwise available on the 1.6 petrol.

Have already pushed for minor freebies like mats, mud flaps etc. Will try to bargain for more as you suggested though as well.
Also, another thing you can do is to ask him to give you the discount on the ex-showroom price and not on the OTR. With the reduced ex-showroom price, you end up saving on road tax too.

This was suggested by the team-lead after negotiations, the SA had no idea about this.
shashank.nk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review GTO Official New Car Reviews 8611 16th November 2016 12:26
Volkswagen Jetta 1.6 Litre Petrol (Trendline) Test Drive, Review & Photos Karizma Fan Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 40 18th February 2010 20:45


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:54.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks