Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 13th March 2012, 00:24   #2476
BHPian

Default Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Hi guys, I got my Polo 1.2 HighLine petrol delivered on Saturday. It's a 2011 model with 50k discount + free 1 yr insurance + free 2 yrs AMC. I asked the service guys at EVM VW Kochi whether it's possible to activate the remote opening & closing of windows. They said 'NO', as VW has not given them any instructions to do that so far. I have read in some of the threads here that it's possible to activate that feature. But, is it possible on a 2011 model? Also, is there a gear shift indicator on MFD on 1.2 petrol highline? Please help..
Cruzerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2012, 09:42   #2477
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzerman View Post
Also, is there a gear shift indicator on MFD on 1.2 petrol highline? Please help..
This feature of gear / change indication is not available in any variants of the Polo.

Cheers!
volkman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2012, 10:53   #2478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
This feature of gear / change indication is not available in any variants of the Polo.

Cheers!
You mean petrol variants? I thought diesel highline had the gear shift indicator. Correct me if I'm wrong, diesel Polo owners, please..
Old 13th March 2012, 16:09   #2479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dineshravindran View Post
There is a small doubt that I have though; once I turn on the ignition a couple of warning lights seem to be on all the time when I checked in the manual;
Fault in Alternator.
Fault in Catalytic convertor.
However, when I turn on the engine these two lights disappear.
Is there any problem with that?
You need not worry about these warning lights. These are ON in ignition mode, after the engine is cranked and becomes alive, these should turn OFF. If they still are ON, then you have a concern.
Good luck and happy miles ahead.
yogeshnaik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2012, 16:37   #2480
BHPian

Quote:
You mean petrol variants? I thought diesel highline had the gear shift indicator. Correct me if I'm wrong, diesel Polo owners, please..
I have the gear shift indicator in trend line diesel as well. TL diesel of mine has Gear Shift & gear indicator & DTE, where as in my brother's POLO petrol TL, instead of Gear Shift & gear indicator & DTE, it only has outside temp display.
One question for POLO owners: is it possible to get "Live Mileage" display in trendline Diesel? Has anyone done it? Thanks in advance.
nawalsingal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2012, 18:16   #2481
BHPian

Quote:

Cheers!
Gear / Change Indication is there in the Highline Varaint of Polo.
rareone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2012, 20:40   #2482
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rareone View Post
Gear / Change Indication is there in the Highline Varaint of Polo.
VW dealers have not acknowledged the presence of this feature. Any Polo 1.6 (2011) owners could confirm if this feature is there or not?

Cheers!

Last edited by volkman10 : 13th March 2012 at 20:51.
Old 13th March 2012, 22:21   #2483

Quote:
VW dealers have not acknowledged the presence of this feature. Any Polo 1.6 (2011) owners could confirm if this feature is there or not?

Cheers!
This feature is not there in Polo 1.6, its there in the Diesel HL versions
brags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2012, 20:48   #2484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brags View Post
This feature is not there in Polo 1.6, its there in the Diesel HL versions
Thank you, nawalsingal, rareone, volkman10, brags. So, from your posts, I understand all diesel variants have gear shift indicators on MFD and none of the petrol variants (including 1.6) have this feature present.

One more question to you guys. Is it possible to activate the remote opening & closing of windows on 2011 Petrol HL model? The VW Kochi dealer turned down my request to activate this feature.
Old 14th March 2012, 21:28   #2485
BHPian

Quote:
One more question to you guys. Is it possible to activate the remote opening & closing of windows on 2011 Petrol HL model? The VW Kochi dealer turned down my request to activate this feature.
I read about this activation of features on (maybe this or another thread ) and have to ask :
if it's merely an electronic transaction to enable or disable certain features already programmed into the car's ECU/computers , why aren't they enabled from the factory itself ? It doesn't make sense to have the customer find out what is available , then go back to dealer to enable it. Which brings me to the question - how did the first person find out about this ? Is it mentioned in the owner's manual ?
Ricci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2012, 22:33   #2486
Senior - BHPian

Nope. Unless the power windows have one touch up/down feature this isn't possible. Don't know about the latest polo's, but the 2011 models didn't have this.

Ricci - This is called convenience operation of power windows and its detailed in your ownership manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzerman

bala80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2012, 07:49   #2487
Senior - BHPian

Polo - IPL edition in the offing!

"Following the successful introduction of the Vento IPL Edition last year, the fifth season of the tournament, beginning next month, will see the launch of select variants of both the Polo and the Vento, Volkswagen said in a release. "

Volkswagen to launch IPL edition of Polo, Vento - The Economic Times
Old 15th March 2012, 08:01   #2488
BHPian

Polo & Vento IPL Edition II

Also on TOI & Hindu in Hyderabad.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-1.jpg  

Attached Images

DieselDon is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2012, 18:38   #2489
BHPian

Quote:
Remote opening and closing feature is already there in Polo HL. When you unlock the car hold the button pressed and all windows will roll down. (Very useful in Hot summer as you can roll down the windows as you approach the car) Similarly, when you lock the car keep button pressed for a while and all windows will roll up and close.

This feature is there in my July 2010 Polo. I do not know if they have removed it now but quite unlikely as usually they add features and not remove it. e.g. new Polo HL has electrically operated ORVMS which our model does not have. May be soon they will also add Climate control.

They should add a feature - if the car is locked using remote all windows should roll up automatically.

Last edited by CANPUSH : 15th March 2012 at 18:39. Reason: To add more info
CANPUSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2012, 23:10   #2490
Senior - BHPian

That's exactly the problem, since they added the electrically operated ORVM's, they removed the one touch up/down function of the power windows. Now, driver doesnt even have controls for the rear power windows in the front arm-rest!

This feature was there is early 2010 polo's but removed in the 2011 variants along with the anti-pinch protection feature of the power windows as well. I guess they have re-introduced all these in the 2012 variants. VW is one manufacturer who is known for deletion of features without any notice, they did a similar thing with the vento too (removed leather wrapped steering, chrome inserts etc).

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANPUSH View Post

This feature is there in my July 2010 Polo. I do not know if they have removed it now but quite unlikely as usually they add features and not remove it. e.g. new Polo HL has electrically operated ORVMS which our model does not have. May be soon they will also add Climate control.
bala80 is offline   Reply With Quote