Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 5th August 2013, 20:40   #2851
Senior - BHPian

Unsure about the steering column wire but there are campaigns running for the others.

Normal stuff but crucial to do: the front seat frames are rusting while the spacer is to raise the front ride height for the comparatively heavier diesel Polo.

Haven't given mine yet but waiting for th first service in October.
itwasntme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2013, 14:49   #2852
BHPian

Default Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

I discovered (quite by chance) a feature which I feel may be useful for my fellow Polo owners, hence sharing it here.

If you lock your Polo with one (or more) of the doors or hatch lid not shut properly, the car warns you by NOT flashing the side lights.

Hope other volks find this information useful.

PS: I took delivery just a month ago, and initially thought it was a niggle.
TheLizardKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2013, 01:38   #2853
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLizardKing View Post
I discovered (quite by chance) a feature which I feel may be useful for my fellow Polo owners, hence sharing it here.

If you lock your Polo with one (or more) of the doors or hatch lid not shut properly, the car warns you by NOT flashing the side lights.

Hope other volks find this information useful.

PS: I took delivery just a month ago, and initially thought it was a niggle.
Doesn't your car make sound on locking, mine makes a loud honk on locking, so If a door is not properly shut and I hit lock with no sound, I know it immediately anyhow, the lights also dont blink as you mentioned.
envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2013, 01:45   #2854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthvader5000 View Post
Guys.. finalised on the Polo Diesel. Unable to decide between the Highline / Trendline ... reason... time spent in the car is pretty less... so wondering if the extras in the Highline are worth it . I am doing CSD purchase so the diff between the two is 1.1 .

Trendline does not have the MFD ( if that's what they call it) on the dashboard and has the 14 inch tyres , which apart from Apollo and JK... no one ( Michelin or Bridgestone ) makes...

So am wondering , i cannot fit the ABS , air bags , or the MFD functionality nor get better tyres... ( rear windshield wash , de fogger i dont use much ) on the trendline ... but is paying 1.1 extra worth it ... ? ...will be mostly city driving ...highway only on family vacation ..
In my opinion Highline is totally worth it, I personally like the various stats that the MFD shows about the car, mileage, distance, temp, avg speed, kmpl etc.
Also the alloys on the Polo look impressive and especially worth it in rains, even more so for you in mumbai.
The safety features are very underrated and I'd rather invest in them.
Those 15'' tyres work well for the car as well

I'd say, go for it
envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2013, 13:07   #2855
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by envy View Post
Doesn't your car make sound on locking, mine makes a loud honk on locking, so If a door is not properly shut and I hit lock with no sound, I know it immediately anyhow, the lights also dont blink as you mentioned.
@envy: Thanks for taking the time to reply. The loud honking (offiicial term is "audible feedback") feature needs to be activated via VAS. My dealer, God bless him, didn't do so during the PDI. I found out about it later. I will take the car down to the workshop one of these days to get it done. Till then, it is just lights for me.
TheLizardKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2013, 19:15   #2856

Team,

As a non-smoker, I do not find the cigarette lighter in my 2013 Vento Highline useless. Could anybody let me know where and how I get a dummy cover/plug for the 12v socket please?I do not want somebody accidently pushing the cigarette lighter in,causing the lighter to become red hot whilst it is still in the socket. Also, I do not want to keep my phone charger connected all the time. Lastly, I do not want to remove the lighter and keep the socket coverless.

I have seen ones available on ebay US/UK and Amazon, however, I would prefer an easier option (say, a known accessories shop). Any help is much appreciated !!
dawg55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2013, 19:45   #2857
BHPian

Polo seat cover is still not in stock of Guwahati dealer after 22 days of delivery. I wonder how much more time it will take.
pranjal1984 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2013, 21:21   #2858
BHPian

Apparently the Polo SR has been discontinued and the Cross Polo is launching soon. I might get more details by tomorrow. Will keep you all posted.
himanshu_j is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2013, 14:27   #2859
BHPian

Following up my post yesterday. The Cross Polo is only launching as a 1.2 TDI. 3 colors: White, Silver and Red. ~9.5L on road (Karnataka).
himanshu_j is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2013, 12:56   #2860
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshu_j View Post
Following up my post yesterday. The Cross Polo is only launching as a 1.2 TDI. 3 colors: White, Silver and Red. ~9.5L on road (Karnataka).
Thank you . I hope now its confirmed the engine and the price.

Any inside information about Polo GT Tdi ? Engine and expected launch date ?
Someone who have access to the VW plant can give that information I guess.
rejoycjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2013, 11:44   #2861
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishraak View Post
I have received the Polo CL petrol with RCD-220 and not RCD-310 as you mentioned. VIN decode says it to be Jan 2013 model.

I am getting RCD 310 cheap from UK, can I just plug out 220 and install 310.

Thanks
Hi Mishraak,

I am planning to do the same with my polo comfortline i bought in 2013. I tried a lot of accessories showrooms in Pune ( Junglee Maharaj Road ) and found that they are offering some Polo custom fit ICE for around 30K. But notthing would beat an original stuff and i want to install an RCN 510 ( Which is there in a passat ). Wanted to know if this is possible?
PSOPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2013, 19:50   #2862
BHPian

Finally got the two tone seat covers for my Polo exactly a month after delivery. They charged me 7700 bucks. Don't have a clue whether it is the standard or inflated price. Anyway it took up more than 2.5 hrs to fix them. The VW people were trying to explain me as if it is not a car but a space shuttle and that why it requires so much time to fit seat covers
pranjal1984 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2013, 15:49   #2863

Quote:
Originally Posted by liner4u View Post
Hey guys I have a faulty EGR valve on my Polo and the engine warning light comes on every time i start the car along with the heated glow light. Took the car to the service centre and they have ordered the part which will take 5 days to reach and the cost of the part is 25K !!!!!
Not sure if I previous post went through. I am stuck with a similar problem with my Vento TDI. That too exactly 10 days after warranty. Liner4U, if you have any suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks!
araman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2013, 09:52   #2864
Senior - BHPian

We have a VW Polo diesel and want to improve visibility while driving at night, especially on the highway as current headlights are quite poor. VW will not allow auxillary lights due to extended warranty. Neither does the showroom provide any spot/driving light options.

So basically we'r stuck. Where do you guys think we can raise this so VW will listen?
Hatari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2013, 12:04   #2865
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
We have a VW Polo diesel and want to improve visibility while driving at night, especially on the highway as current headlights are quite poor. VW will not allow auxillary lights due to extended warranty. Neither does the showroom provide any spot/driving light options.

So basically we'r stuck. Where do you guys think we can raise this so VW will listen?
I read in the lighting thread that a member was able to source relay kit without disturbing the wiring of the car. I'm not 100% sure what he meant, maybe you can check out the thread, I think it was six pages before the last page.
D'Artagnan is offline   Reply With Quote