Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 31st August 2014, 11:15   #3391
BHPian

Default Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaypjayaraj View Post
ICE for a VAG car? I have purchased, installed and used a few after market HUs made for VAG cars. The best I've found is this: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...vw-review.html

I've researched a lot on which is the best alternative to RNS 510 as that one does not come with India maps yet. The above link is the answer.
Wow, way to get a 3rd player in the running. Gonna post a lot of questions in your thread!
shefiu is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2014, 19:35   #3392
BHPian

[quote=vishalchaudhary;3518393]Hello there,
I've got my music system replaced from the dealership itself - VW Delhi West. It is a great system and has - Touch Screen Display, Navigation, DVD, Bluetooth, USB (2 nos.), iPod Connectivity, Reverse Camera (included in the price), a game and option to type and save notes too ! Although onboard memory is just ~100 MB. I paid Rs. 40,000/- for it after the dealership deducted Rs. 5,000/- for the system that comes with the New Polo. Please do note that the newly introduced Voice Command system doesn't work with it.

Have a look at this -

When turned off

I saw this unit at the same dealer as well. It is a very good unit and a good value as it includes installation and the reverse camera. The dealer suggested that he could give a further discount on the 40k as well but I already have a good nav system installed in my Jetta.
Lobogris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2014, 19:41   #3393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shefiu View Post
Anyone put have an unobtrusive navigation solution in their polo?

The audio unit location is ideal for a large screen replacement - but not seen many reliable navigation options out there.

Anyone who has done care to share with us?
Be very careful during installation.

I recently got a VW compatible Nippon unit installed in my Jetta and despite all precautions, things went wrong. At first the unit would remain powered even with ignition off and it drained the battery. After fixing this, my rear windows lost all power. Thankfully I got it fixed at VW cheaply. Hence I would recommend a dealer install, the kind listed here for 40K to avoid any electrical issues unless you can find an installer with a sound knowledge of VW electronics and CANBUS. Reverse camera is another tricky issue that has been discussed plenty of times before.

I would highly commend VW Delhi West for their help in fixing my issues. They were quick, professional and charged very little.
Lobogris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2014, 16:16   #3394
BHPian

Does the Center armrest intrude on knee room for the Center rear passenger?

I was test driving the gt tsi and felt it might intrude into knee room similar to the rear ca vents on some cars. Would be great to get a response from any of you who have fixed one.

Thanks
gautam99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2014, 12:13   #3395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautam99 View Post
Does the Center armrest intrude on knee room for the Center rear passenger?

I was test driving the gt tsi and felt it might intrude into knee room similar to the rear ca vents on some cars. Would be great to get a response from any of you who have fixed one.

Thanks

It does not really intrude much on the knee room . The leg space is anyway minimal in the polo. Getting the armrest fixed is a no brainier! So much more comfortable the polo is to drive after that.
me_navin is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2014, 17:08   #3396
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shefiu View Post
Wow, way to get a 3rd player in the running. Gonna post a lot of questions in your thread!
Second player actually. The Kenwood DNX535VBT isn't available in India, even though its shown on their site.

I just called up the company to inquire about it and they told me they've never imported it because there is no demand. I told them how wrong they were and that they've gifted the entire market to Blaupunkt. They weren't even aware that the Vento Konekt is now coming factory-fitted with the Philadelphia 835. Hopefully my call leads to them rethinking their stand. They are supposed to give me a reply in a week's time.
StarScream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2014, 17:21   #3397
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Can anyone let me know where I can get good aftermarket fog lamps for Polo (CL) in Chennai? Posting on behalf of a friend. He is not interested in buying from VW dealership.
Thanks.
rajivr1612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2014, 17:31   #3398
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
good aftermarket fog lamps
What are you (he) expecting? Fog lamps are meant to illuminate the road just in front of the car. Over-bright would actually be bad: it would cause more glare when driving in actual fog.

In the absence of much real fog in Chennai, I find the fog lamps just fine for illuminating bumps, potholes and the like. (2011 Polo 1.6)

(I'd like it if the headlamps were better, but not enough to motivated to mod. Might be if I did highway driving at night.)
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2014, 17:52   #3399
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post

What are you (he) expecting? Fog lamps are meant to illuminate the road just in front of the car. Over-bright would actually be bad: it would cause more glare when driving in actual fog.

In the absence of much real fog in Chennai, I find the fog lamps just fine for illuminating bumps, potholes and the like. (2011 Polo 1.6)

(I'd like it if the headlamps were better, but not enough to motivated to mod. Might be if I did highway driving at night.)
Sir, my friend is local and is very much aware of the fog issue in Chennai.
As you said he needs it for bumps, potholes and regular highway (single & multi lane) driving
Any suggestions of dealers would be helpful.
rajivr1612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2014, 17:54   #3400
BHPian

Off late I got the yellow build replaced with a white one to improve the light intensity during the night. But it's no better .. The vision worsens in the night if it's raining. Can any help ? Should I get the headlights changed ?
steve82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2014, 14:17   #3401
BHPian

how many are experiencing left pulling on their polo ?
rana_kirti is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2014, 14:38   #3402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post
Polo cl petrol bought Dec 13, no issues till date. Started regular running from March 14, 6.8k kms done, and a good percentage of that on bad roads.
cr4nkshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2014, 20:17   #3403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post
Yes I also feel such pulling at certain times.
kisharchit is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2014, 21:46   #3404
BHPian

Have a Polo HL 1.2 petrol purchased in Nov last year (Sept'13 manufactured). No pulling to the left. Runs on Apollo Accelere tyres.
vivriti is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2014, 15:59   #3405

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdeivan View Post
I have been advised that the extended warranty has gone up for the new polo to 12k+. I checked their matrix in their website and it appears like the warranty would have additional cost implications if it is bought after 1yr, 1.5 yrs, etc. http://volkswagenlive.in/volkswagenf...d_warranty.pdf
I had written to VW customer care about the cost of extended warranty. I got a call from the dealer within 3 hrs of writing the email, the cost of extended warranty if bought within 1 year of sale would be 10194 (9073 +12.36%). Need to appreciate their faster response (I was expecting in a day or so)! Looks like their after-sales is definitely improving!
rdeivan is offline   Reply With Quote