Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2015, 21:23   #3481
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Kochi
Posts: 66
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashkait Kapoor View Post
Thanks for the reply.
I had another question but I can't pm you so here goes.
Were you offered free insurance at the time of your booking?
We booked the car on the 25th of December and were offered free insurance however this morning I got a call from the SA saying that we'll be getting a car of 2015 make and the free insurance offer will not be valid anymore.
This is getting annoying now. The car is now costing us ~45k more since the time we booked it!
No I was never offered free insurance. I was offered insurance at 22k which on my request for further discount SA agreed to convert to zero depreciation. I still think I could get insurance from market for lesser amount. However I am going by what SA is offering as of now.
Sid13 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2015, 21:34   #3482
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Kochi
Posts: 66
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Artagnan View Post
Took a test drive of the new Polo 90BHP version Highline. Here are my findings:

Good interiors, build quality is good, doors shut in three stages, dual barrel headlamps look like thompson submachine gun to me, the car just feels better and had this aura of quality to it. The front chrome lining on the bumper was not to my taste.

Engine: This is the engine VW should have gone with in the first place. It just feels better to the previous engine and even though there is clatter it somehow feels better. The engine pulls cleanly, in city it is perfect. There is enough power to close gap and stay in the power range. It will suit 90% of your taste in highways but the additional 15 horses will be felt when you want to do a quick overtake or just want to keep up with a fast moving vehicle. The 90HP loses out on top end grunt.

So will I buy it? Yes its perfect for city and almost everything
Will I recommend it? VW needs to work on its ASS otherwise YES ABSOLUTELY
Which version are you talking about? Diesel or petrol TSI or TDI would be great if you can throw some light.
Sid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2015, 01:06   #3483
Distinguished - BHPian
 
a4anurag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 8,381
Thanked: 9,849 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid13 View Post

Which version are you talking about? Diesel or petrol TSI or TDI would be great if you can throw some light.
GT TSI - 104 BHP
TDI - 90 BHP
GT TDI - 105 BHP

So what has be driven is the TDI (regular version).
a4anurag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2015, 19:48   #3484
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 19
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by H_Dogg72 View Post
The polo petrol is like a diesel and commuter in nature. The i20 petrol is so silent, you might crank it thinking it is off. Have a test drive, mate. Build quality is pretty much the same, with the i20 edging out on stalk quality along with button quality. Ride, if there's no power, then what're you going to do with it? Steering, the polo has a slow rack, i20 is lifeless but very good at city speeds.

I don't know, if I was in your shoes, I'd stretch my budget to the 1.5 highline or TSI If the budget can't be stretched, then i20 (P) it is. You'll have better reliability along with somewhat similar maintenance cost.
Booking cancellation would cost just 4k.
Hi, I had extensive test drives in both i20 (old) and polo. Yes - the i20 petrol is silent and feels a bit more refined. Polo feels a bit raw compared. But on the test rides I had taken, the polo suspension felt far more matured. And IMHO I felt the polo a bit more responsive when I stepped on the gas, probably it was i20 sheer weight - I couldn't guess.

Yes - I miss the rear view camera, key less entry, the bigger rear leg space - but I wouldn't want them for the impeccable handling in polo, especially around the corners. Swift (both petrol & diesel) sometimes leaves me longing for more power, but once we cross the sluggish lower end in the third gear, polo would be alive!

And polo wasn't completely flawless as well. I had a a minor issue on the front wheel in 2 months - was fixed promptly by the dealer. I hear minor rattles from the windows. In hindsight, I would have tried the new 1.5 diesel. But I don't regret the 1.2 and am happy so far. This is my first car and I would have definitely overlooked something! I didn't try the i20 elite, but I hear the suspension has improved.
rdeivan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2015, 17:46   #3485
BHPian
 
blueeyed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Alleppy,Kerala.
Posts: 53
Thanked: 25 Times
Question Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Guys,

Has '2015 made' polos started arriving at the dealerships? Anybody got one? By the way I am in Kerala.

I was about to book a polo(petrol) and the SA told me that only 2014 made ones are available now and i will have to wait till April if i needed a 2015 made one. Is that true? He even that said it may cost me extra by a lakh!

Now the problem is, We need a particular registration number(we have this number for every rides) and if i need it, i will have to register the new vehicle by February first week. So in short if i need a polo it will be of '2014 make'.

So guys should i book a 2014 made one? I will be using the car for more than 5 years. So do i need to take the 'Year of Manufacture' factor seriously?
And if i wait for 2015 made one, I will be losing my favorite number.

Please advice.

Last edited by blueeyed : 20th January 2015 at 18:08. Reason: Corrected some typos.
blueeyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2015, 19:41   #3486
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Rajeevraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,957
Thanked: 6,389 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueeyed View Post
.

I was about to book a polo(petrol) and the SA told me that only 2014 made ones are available now and i will have to wait till April if i needed a 2015 made one. Is that true? He even that said it may cost me extra by a lakh!

Now the problem is, We need a particular registration number(we have this number for every rides) and if i need it, i will have to register the new vehicle by February first week. So in short if i need a polo it will be of '2014 make'.

So guys should i book a 2014 made one? I will be using the car for more than 5 years. So do i need to take the 'Year of Manufacture' factor seriously?
And if i wait for 2015 made one, I will be losing my favorite number.

Please advice.
In general the SA is probably exaggerating in an attempt to push 2014 stock. And i don't think the price will increase by 1 lakh.Having said that, since the polo petrol is not a big seller and also seeing the offer ads even on the diesel. It would be safe to assume that dealers are sitting on 2014 stock. So I doubt you will be able to get a 2015 car by Feb.

If you are planning to keep it for more than 5 years, in my opinion , the manufacture year is not important. On top of that it is a VW car and a petrol. Resale value will not be great anyway.
Suggest you go ahead with the 2014 car. The discount you get will balance off any loss in resale value.
Rajeevraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2015, 19:54   #3487
BHPian
 
blueeyed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Alleppy,Kerala.
Posts: 53
Thanked: 25 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
In general the SA is probably exaggerating in an attempt to push 2014 stock. And i don't think the price will increase by 1 lakh.Having said that, since the polo petrol is not a big seller and also seeing the offer ads even on the diesel. It would be safe to assume that dealers are sitting on 2014 stock. So I doubt you will be able to get a 2015 car by Feb.

If you are planning to keep it for more than 5 years, in my opinion , the manufacture year is not important. On top of that it is a VW car and a petrol. Resale value will not be great anyway.
Suggest you go ahead with the 2014 car. The discount you get will balance off any loss in resale value.
Thank you Rajeevraj,

I was of the same opinion but thought i should first ask the fellow bhpians(for any difference in opinion?).
I think i should inquire about it in a few more showrooms and take a final decision.
blueeyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2015, 20:19   #3488
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Kochi
Posts: 66
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueeyed View Post

So guys should i book a 2014 made one? I will be using the car for more than 5 years. So do i need to take the 'Year of Manufacture' factor seriously?
And if i wait for 2015 made one, I will be losing my favorite number.

Please advice.
Hello, I booked polo highline petrol on Jan 1st in Kochi and is expecting delivery this weekend. SA informed me today morning that what has been shipped by VW is 2015 models and 2014 models are no longer available. The price difference seems to be 30 to 34 K on on road price which is due to the difference in excise duty.
Sid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2015, 20:50   #3489
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 189
Thanked: 228 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

It depends on the month in which the company ends its fiscal year, for Hyundai its March every year. I've been told that they deliver cars made in 2014 until April 2015 but for VW, after my inquiry with them last month, I was told they'd deliver 2015 models.
tjacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2015, 23:15   #3490
BHPian
 
ssbshankar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 42
Thanked: 17 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid13 View Post
Hello, I booked polo highline petrol on Jan 1st in Kochi and is expecting delivery this weekend. SA informed me today morning that what has been shipped by VW is 2015 models and 2014 models are no longer available. The price difference seems to be 30 to 34 K on on road price which is due to the difference in excise duty.
Please see the latest Polo models which were launched late in 2014 are called "2015 model". The VIN number would tell you that (F letter in the VIN). I also got my Polo 1.5 TDI Highline registered in Jan '15 and its 2015 model only. What makes difference is Manufacturing year. When I last enquired about this, in Palace Cross Bangalore, I was told it would atleast take March to get the 2015 manufactured polo.
I also, didn't really worry much about manufacturing year, since, I was not buying it from resale point of view
ssbshankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2015, 05:45   #3491
BHPian
 
blueeyed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Alleppy,Kerala.
Posts: 53
Thanked: 25 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbshankar View Post
Please see the latest Polo models which were launched late in 2014 are called "2015 model". The VIN number would tell you that (F letter in the VIN). I also got my Polo 1.5 TDI Highline registered in Jan '15 and its 2015 model only. What makes difference is Manufacturing year.
But for VW, they have their model year different from production year. According to the ' decode your vin ' thread 4th character refers to month while 5th and 6th characters combinely gives the year of production, which can be different from the model year.
So all who bought polos this month, Please check your production year. Is it 2015?
blueeyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2015, 10:44   #3492
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Rajeevraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,957
Thanked: 6,389 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueeyed View Post
But for VW, they have their model year different from production year. According to the ' decode your vin ' thread 4th character refers to month while 5th and 6th characters combinely gives the year of production, which can be different from the model year.
So all who bought polos this month, Please check your production year. Is it 2015?
Right. Model year changes to the next year as early as September/October of previous year. My Vento TSI is Oct 2013 manufactured, but model year as per VIN is 2014.
Rajeevraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2015, 17:41   #3493
BHPian
 
blueeyed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Alleppy,Kerala.
Posts: 53
Thanked: 25 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid13 View Post
Hello, I booked polo highline petrol on Jan 1st in Kochi and is expecting delivery this weekend. SA informed me today morning that what has been shipped by VW is 2015 models and 2014 models are no longer available. The price difference seems to be 30 to 34 K on on road price which is due to the difference in excise duty.
Sid, can you please confirm whether the Polo you are getting is a 2015 manufactured one? May be your SA was referring to the model year, which is 2015 for all new Polos as suggested by the above posts.
blueeyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2015, 18:14   #3494
BHPian
 
ssbshankar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 42
Thanked: 17 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

My Polo is Nov 2014 manufactured 2015 model.

Today Sales person had visited me to check out how I m feeling with my new Polo 1.5TDI. I enquired with him also today about the 2015 manufactured 2015 models. He said, it would be available some time in March, but refused to confirm though. They still have 2014 manufactured stock, which they are still clearing.

I m not sure why everybody is so worried about whether its 2014 manufactured or 2015. There is not even a bit of change between them. Yeah, I know there is this thing called 'resale'! who keeps us away from having fun "NOW".

Last edited by ssbshankar : 21st January 2015 at 18:20. Reason: for more clarity
ssbshankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2015, 20:25   #3495
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Kochi
Posts: 66
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueeyed View Post
Sid, can you please confirm whether the Polo you are getting is a 2015 manufactured one? May be your SA was referring to the model year, which is 2015 for all new Polos as suggested by the above posts.
When I asked the dealer he said its a 2015 VIN. Having said that I really do not know if its a 2015 manufactured model as I am yet to get the VIN. After reading the above posts I feel it might be a 2014 manufactured model with 2015 VIN, I think it would go in the RTO books as 2015 model.

However I believe irrespective of the manufacturing year if as per VIN if its a 2015 model you will have to pay the excess in excise duty plus proportionate increase in insurance and road tax. I am not too sure about this. Probably more experienced members can provide more clarity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbshankar View Post
I also got my Polo 1.5 TDI Highline registered in Jan '15 and its 2015 model only. What makes difference is Manufacturing year. When I last enquired about this, in Palace Cross Bangalore, I was told it would atleast take March to get the 2015 manufactured polo.
Hi Shankar, Could you please confirm if you had to pay the difference due to increased excise duty?

Last edited by aah78 : 21st January 2015 at 23:19. Reason: Posts merged.
Sid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review GTO Official New Car Reviews 8611 16th November 2016 12:26
Volkswagen Jetta 1.6 Litre Petrol (Trendline) Test Drive, Review & Photos Karizma Fan Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 40 18th February 2010 20:45


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:31.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks