Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 21st June 2017, 10:14   #3961
BHPian

Default Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
Hard to say without the actual job card, but if it is 10K for just some suspension bushes then

Suspension bushes are routinely replaced on Maruti vehicles for several hundred rupees.
It is well established that VW cars are more expensive to service than MS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfbytecode View Post
They could be referring to the control arm bushings, the stabilizer bar bushings, or all of them.

New control arms are available at VW for about Rs. 1750 a piece, and the stabilizer bushings are like Rs. 200 a unit. This all should not cost anywhere near 10K, even if you get new control arms instead of having the bushings replaced.

P.S. Have them replace the nuts and bolts for control arms and sway bar bushings (nuts welded onto brackets, replace brackets). They are one time use only. Moreover, the control arms are supposed to be torqued down by placing them, as they would be at the normal height of the car (car on the ground).

This is important for longer service life of the bushings (read: almost double), and also preserving the handling of the car, as it was from the factory. Unfortunately, this is rarely done properly.

Do let me know if you need any help in this regard.
Hi. Thank you for taking the time out to give a detailed reply to my query. I will ask him for a detailed estimate when I take the car in next. That should help me.
TheLizardKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2017, 21:35   #3962
Senior - BHPian

Check out the new rides of Kerala Police; Pink Patrol, Kottayam.
Attached Images

sandeepmdas is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2017, 12:10   #3963
BHPian

Hello Friends,

I have to upgrade my POLO GT TSI suspension with Bilstein B6, which is best garage in and around kukatpally, Madhapur in Hyderabad ? Please advice.

- Prabhu
Prabhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2017, 12:08   #3964
BHPian

Friends, Need a small Favor.

I had given my Polo (2015 Man) for service couple of weeks back. Only recently I noticed that, post the service I am not able to connect mobiles using blue-tooth connectivity. When I click on Phone Button to pair the phone, It says "KEY OFF". I did a complete reset of setup in hope that I can reconfigure. But getting the same issue even now. Any pointers
RaghuVis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2017, 13:04   #3965
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
Friends, Need a small Favor.

I had given my Polo (2015 Man) for service couple of weeks back. Only recently I noticed that, post the service I am not able to connect mobiles using blue-tooth connectivity. When I click on Phone Button to pair the phone, It says "KEY OFF". I did a complete reset of setup in hope that I can reconfigure. But getting the same issue even now. Any pointers
My suspicion is that it has something to do with the cabling. Possibly some connector is loose or there is an issue with the cable. You may want to have hit checked right away with the service center.
swissknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2017, 11:29   #3966
BHPian

We have the 2014 polo highline, petrol. It's been a great daily driver and hasn't had any mechanical faults even after harsh road conditions in Agra.
Just yesterday I noticed the fuel filler release flap does not lock when the car is locked. I tired everything and wd40 but it remains unlocked. Has anyone noticed the same, do try it out on your vw cars.
Any help or treatme will be appreciated !
lemedico is offline   Reply With Quote