Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 30th May 2017, 07:19   #211
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Toyota Corolla Altis (1.4 D-4D) Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Seat comfort is great and this is the only car in which my mother, who has vertigo, could fall asleep comfortably during highway drives. Hope I have answered your queries.
1. How would you compare the front seat and rear seat comfort of your Altis with the new Altis model?
2. Will you be able to compare it with the innova as well?

I'm doing my research on my next car ( maybe in an year's time ). Comfort is of paramount importance for me.
amalji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2017, 14:06   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Mine is a 2011 model and hence it might be a part of that batch. Can we check anywhere if our car is part of the recall or should I just wait for Toyota to call me?
Have you gotten any update about this from your dealer? I have a September 2010 Altis (Petrol), so I'm guessing my car is affected by this recall too. I haven't received any communication about this till date.

Thank you!
fordfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2017, 21:16   #213
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
1. How would you compare the front seat and rear seat comfort of your Altis with the new Altis model?
2. Will you be able to compare it with the innova as well?

I'm doing my research on my next car ( maybe in an year's time ). Comfort is of paramount importance for me.
Tough question to answer and this is probably something that you will have to assess yourself. I haven't had the chance to experience the new Altis. But I have extensively travelled in the older Altis ( that I own) and the older Toyota Innova. Out of the two I came out less tired in the Altis anyday. The Innova on the other hand offered more room all around but the ride quality is better in the Altis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfreak View Post
Have you gotten any update about this from your dealer? I have a September 2010 Altis (Petrol), so I'm guessing my car is affected by this recall too. I haven't received any communication about this till date.
Same here. No communication from their end till date. I think we need to call Toyota directly and ask them about this.
drmohitg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2017, 15:57   #214

Hi Friends,

Sorry to use this thread but I need a help with a similar petrol Altis that I own. I am based in Mumbai.

I own an 2013 Altis GL version that came with the newer engine. I am facing two issues currently that I am seeking help with.

1. I have noticed that the Engine Idles at around an RPM of about 1100-1200. Its higher at around 1800-2000 RPM when I start the engine and settles at 1100-1200RPM after a while. Is this normal with the Altis? I believe ideally it should be around 800. What could be the issue?

2. GL version came with electronic seat adjustments. In my car the lumbar support adjustment isn't working. Confused on how to get it fixed. Don't wanna spoil the other functions or end up spending a bomb. Its not that I absolutely need it. Any reliable folks to go to who can assess the problem without ripping the seat open?
schumi2508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2017, 11:21   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Same here. No communication from their end till date. I think we need to call Toyota directly and ask them about this.
I called my dealer and asked him to check if the recall applied to my vechicle (Sept 2010 manufactured). Surprisingly (and thankfully), it doesn't seem to. So my car is perfectly fine as per the person I spoke with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumi2508 View Post
I own an 2013 Altis GL version that came with the newer engine. I am facing two issues currently that I am seeking help with.

1. I have noticed that the Engine Idles at around an RPM of about 1100-1200. Its higher at around 1800-2000 RPM when I start the engine and settles at 1100-1200RPM after a while. Is this normal with the Altis? I believe ideally it should be around 800. What could be the issue?

2. GL version came with electronic seat adjustments. In my car the lumbar support adjustment isn't working. Confused on how to get it fixed. Don't wanna spoil the other functions or end up spending a bomb. Its not that I absolutely need it. Any reliable folks to go to who can assess the problem without ripping the seat open?
1. The engine shouldn't be idling at such high RPMs. Take it to your authorized dealer for a proper diagnosis. My car (2010, GL Petrol) idles at around 1,000ish after a cold start and settles down around 800ish when the engine has warmed up.

2. If you take it to the dealer, they will charge you a bomb in all probability. If you do not use this feature, I would suggest leaving it as is. Don't take the headache of having the seat opened up, etc. Leave the fit and finish in the original condition.
fordfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2017, 11:33   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumi2508 View Post
The idle RPM is 800 +/- 50. With AC on it is approx. 1000-1100 RPM. Get it checked and adjusted at the ASC. It's a minor job.

Quote:
The seat adjustments are done via electric motors. If you go to Toyota they'll probably rip you off. Of course there's no harm in having them check it and give you a quote. If the quote is high I'd suggest ignoring the fault or finding a FNG to help.
R2D2 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2017, 19:36   #217
Senior - BHPian

Recently bought a pre-owned early 2010 Altis (few months older than the generation of Altis reviewed here). There is one irritating reflection from the fascia that hampers the visbility. It happens very momentarily depending on the angle of the sun rays on the fascia.

Any recommendations on how to solve this?
narayans80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2017, 20:48   #218
Distinguished - BHPian

I have the 2011 facelifted model Corolla Altis diesel. It came with a stock touchscreen ICE. I wanted to know if I can get a rear view camera fixed with the display connected to the ICE. Is that possible? I do not like those IRVM displays.

Attaching a picture of the ICE for reference.
Toyota Corolla Altis (1.4 D-4D) Diesel : Test Drive & Review-20111017-17.03.56.jpg
drmohitg is offline   Reply With Quote