Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2013, 17:41   #886
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: LA <--> Bombay
Posts: 459
Thanked: 131 Times
Default Re: Tata Aria : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by svdath View Post
I have an ARIA Pure for the last 2 years and boy, it is one amazing vehicle. Touch wood, i dont have any major issues that some of the other members have faced. I dont feel the size when driving in the narrow lanes of Guttahalli or on the super dense adugodi stretch. This a gem of vehicle on the highway.

Have done about 32K Kms in 2 years and all the driving has been self driven. Not one ounce of fatigue. The only feature that i feel lacking on highways in the Pure model is the cruise control
+1

Have the Aria a little bit less than 2 years. No major issues till date. Have got a couple of check engine lights but mostly its for some weird reason like rain wiper motor short or something. No parts changed till now however hoping some parts do get changed before my extended warranty get over

Done 15K till now and had taken the PURE model purposefully hoping that it will be the one with least issues as it has the least electronics and its worked out well till now.

Rest of the answers have been answered below by rest of the owners. As long as you get a non lemon from a TATA you are ok. Its just left a lot to chance. Hopefully now it should be better as its over 3 years and they would have taken care of all the niggles by now.

Cheers
sahakar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2013, 13:22   #887
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Mumbai, Pune
Posts: 18
Thanked: Once
Default Re: Tata Aria : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
Thanks. I will check with Concorde, Bangalore.
Have you got any information regarding the refresh version?
Have been checking with the Sales guy in Pune on the refresh. All internet sites talk about a ARIA refresh for all models on the cards with a AT version as a new addition. However the Sales guy keeps denying any such release before 2015 as things are still being tested. He also stated that since ARIA is just launched in Indonesia, TATA will not introduce a refresh in India now and not do so in Indonesia. Also releasing the refresh in Indonesia could also send wrong signals.
However I am still not sure how much of his talks is true as this could also be sales talks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
I was offered Aug/Sept 2013 car with 3 years insurance @ 11K and exchange offer of 30K. I have asked him send me the details by mail
Did you get the quote and any offer?

Thanks,
Amit
amitpradhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2013, 13:36   #888
rkg
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: bangalore
Posts: 973
Thanked: 431 Times
Default Re: Tata Aria : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitpradhan View Post
Did you get the quote and any offer?
Thanks,
Amit

the offer is 3 yr insurance @ 11k. I have asked me cash offer in lieu of this. he is not interested. Now it is monopoly. only concorde is authorized to sell. i have told him concorde, pune is offering 1 lakh cash discount as per your posts. he refused. basically the concorde guys are not interested to sell. we have to call, they never call back.
rkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2013, 13:36   #889
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Mumbai, Pune
Posts: 18
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahakar View Post
+1

Have the Aria a little bit less than 2 years. No major issues till date. Have got a couple of check engine lights but mostly its for some weird reason like rain wiper motor short or something. No parts changed till now however hoping some parts do get changed before my extended warranty get over

Done 15K till now and had taken the PURE model purposefully hoping that it will be the one with least issues as it has the least electronics and its worked out well till now.

Rest of the answers have been answered below by rest of the owners. As long as you get a non lemon from a TATA you are ok. Its just left a lot to chance. Hopefully now it should be better as its over 3 years and they would have taken care of all the niggles by now.

Cheers
Hi Sahakar,

Where do you get you car serviced in Mumbai. I switch between Mumbai & Pune. In Pune, there is only one Sales & Service for ARIA and thats Concorde. I could see only Fortune at Nerul for ARIA servicing, is that true?
I am worried on the after sales on looking at the limited service stations list in Mumbai & Pune for ARIA. Not that I would love to visit there often, but I stay at Borivali and going to Nerul is going to be a good travel for me when required.

Thanks,
Amit

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
the offer is 3 yr insurance @ 11k. I have asked me cash offer in lieu of this. he is not interested. Now it is monopoly. only concorde is authorized to sell. i have told him concorde, pune is offering 1 lakh cash discount as per your posts. he refused. basically the concorde guys are not interested to sell. we have to call, they never call back.
I completely agree, Concorde never called me for almost 2 months from the time I had first placed a Test Drive request with them on their website. I did get a call from the TATA call center and thats it. They said someone from Concorde will help me, but nothing. Then I got busy and finally went there to do a TD myself.

The offer I mentioned was indeed there and I was offered the same. However I did want to go for the Pleasure 4x2, so denied it. But then thats how it will work, Concorde is a TATA subsidiary and the only one authorised to Sales and Service of ARIA in almost all Metros in India, they can make their own rules and break them as well. And that's where I am still confused and holding my decision. I still have time till 6th Oct to make a decision.

Thanks,
Amit

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote,
(How to MULTI-QUOTE (when replying to a thread) on Team-BHP)click here (How to MULTI-QUOTE (when replying to a thread) on Team-BHP).

We advise you to read the
Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by moralfibre : 30th September 2013 at 13:48. Reason: Back to back posts.
amitpradhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2013, 13:58   #890
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: LA <--> Bombay
Posts: 459
Thanked: 131 Times
Default Re: Tata Aria : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitpradhan View Post
Hi Sahakar,

Where do you get you car serviced in Mumbai. I switch between Mumbai & Pune. In Pune, there is only one Sales & Service for ARIA and thats Concorde. I could see only Fortune at Nerul for ARIA servicing, is that true?
I am worried on the after sales on looking at the limited service stations list in Mumbai & Pune for ARIA. Not that I would love to visit there often, but I stay at Borivali and going to Nerul is going to be a good travel for me when required.

Thanks,
Amit
Nope there are multiple options to service Aria in Mumbai right from Andheri, Chembur to Worli.

I always go the Worli Concorde Service centre.

Cheers
Sahakar
sahakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2013, 15:32   #891
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Mumbai, Pune
Posts: 18
Thanked: Once
Default Re: Tata Aria : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahakar View Post
Nope there are multiple options to service Aria in Mumbai right from Andheri, Chembur to Worli.

I always go the Worli Concorde Service centre.

Cheers
Sahakar
ohh ok, didnt know Concorde Worli has a Service center as well. The Tata ARIA website mentions Concorde only under the Sales category, so was confused.
How is your experience with Concorde so far?

Thanks,
Amit
amitpradhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2013, 21:07   #892
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Delhi,Allahabad
Posts: 276
Thanked: 200 Times
Default Re: Tata Aria : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
Iam planning to go Pure LX.
I would recommend the Pure. The fantastic braking that one owner talked about was the result of all four discs with ABS. Believe me, I have had to panic brake about three times now, with a full load - no nonsense straight line braking has been demonstrated all three times, touch wood. Not sure that will occur in the LX, without ABS. In my opinion, ABS is mandatory for a vehicle the size and weight of the ARIA. I also believe that a base version is far better to maintain than a top end with bells and whistles - especially from the homegrown brands. However, the eqpt on the Pride seems to have stood the test with the owners out here, it's worse on the XUV.

I can vouch for the Pure in terms of performance, driven about 19100 kms in 15 months now, mostly in Delhi with two summers (bought May 12). FE is 11.5-11.9 consistently in Delhi with AC full time (except in winters). The music system and speakers are great, better than most OEM ones. I have fitted front fogs for about Rs 3800/- (from the dealer), the wiring till the sockets were there.
lifebuoy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2013, 21:28   #893
rkg
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: bangalore
Posts: 973
Thanked: 431 Times
Default Re: Tata Aria : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifebuoy View Post
I would recommend the Pure. The fantastic braking that one owner talked about was the result of all four discs with ABS.
I have test driven both the versions
LX braked without any fuss @ 120 KMPH & stopped in straight line, not once thrice. I tried it on elevated toll way.

The difference between LX and pure is almost 2.2 lakhs ex show room. For just ABS and music system 2.2 lakhs is too much. Further iam planning to put touch screen.

Anyway iam yet to take a decision.
rkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2013, 21:54   #894
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Delhi,Allahabad
Posts: 276
Thanked: 200 Times
Default Re: Tata Aria : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
The difference between LX and pure is almost 2.2 lakhs ex show room.

Anyway iam yet to take a decision.
I don't think there is a difference of 2.2L between the Pure and the LX. When I bought mine, the difference between the Pure and the Pleasure was about 1.2L, the Pleasure came with 2 airbags + rear sensors + other features. Pl recheck, it can't be that what you say.

Whatever the variant, pl go for the ARIA, you will not regret it.
lifebuoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2013, 08:57   #895
rkg
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: bangalore
Posts: 973
Thanked: 431 Times
Default Re: Tata Aria : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifebuoy View Post
I don't think there is a difference of 2.2L between the Pure and the LX. When I bought mine, the difference between the Pure and the Pleasure was about 1.2L, the Pleasure came with 2 airbags + rear sensors + other features. Pl recheck, it can't be that what you say.
Lx -- 10.17
Pure -- 12.37 ( no more pure now. Pleasure is @ 12.37)
But TATA is offering a discount of 1 lakh on Pure, most of them are 2012 make. But while registering road tax has to be paid@ 18.7% on 12.37 lakhs in Bangalore.
it would be better to go for pleasure instead of Pure.
rkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2013, 11:14   #896
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Mumbai, Pune
Posts: 18
Thanked: Once
Default Re: Tata Aria : Test Drive & Review

Hi,

Various forums have different stories to tell and speculations that the Facelift of AT version may get delayed, however the current MT will still be launched.
So to clear this, called up Concorde, Pune yesterday and asked the sales guy to keep all his marketing talks aside. Just tell me if I can expect the MT facelift in October or November. He asked time till today morning. As per him, he checked with the Tata Motors Production guys who visit Concorde Motors often for R&D checks on existing ARIA. As per him, nothing of this is yet finalised and going by current market, Tata is most unlikely to do any facelift launch of ARIA in 2013. Even the AT version is still being tested and launch will happen no earlier than 2015.
I even told him that if the facelift is coming, I will do a pre-boooking on this weekend for the facelift. However he is sticking to his "No Facelift" statement and mentions that all cosmetic changes in the facelift can be later fitted even in current ones.

Also on a second thought, I feel that one should now peacefully go fo current already tested for 2 years, model with almost all niggles sorted out, rather than becoming a test user for any new additions.

Thanks,
Amit
amitpradhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2013, 13:11   #897
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Delhi,Allahabad
Posts: 276
Thanked: 200 Times
Default Re: Tata Aria : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
it would be better to go for pleasure instead of Pure.
Yes, anyday. I chose the Pure over the Pleasure only due to cost, nothing else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitpradhan View Post
Hi,

Also on a second thought, I feel that one should now peacefully go fo current already tested for 2 years, model with almost all niggles sorted out, rather than becoming a test user for any new additions.
Yep, you are right on that count. However, the facelift versions will only involve cosmetic changes, which do not matter anyways, except if you like black headlamp clusters and things of the sort. This is the ARIA, not the XUV for niggles to keep coming up. It is a mature product now, just that it does not sell.
lifebuoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2013, 17:04   #898
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 83
Thanked: 93 Times
Default Re: Tata Aria : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitpradhan View Post
Hi,

Various forums have different stories to tell and speculations that the Facelift of AT version may get delayed, however the current MT will still be launched.

So to clear this, called up Concorde, Pune yesterday and asked the sales guy to keep all his marketing talks aside. Just tell me if I can expect the MT facelift in October or November. He asked time till today morning. As per him, he checked with the Tata Motors Production guys who visit Concorde Motors often for R&D checks on existing ARIA. As per him, nothing of this is yet finalised and going by current market, Tata is most unlikely to do any facelift launch of ARIA in 2013. Even the AT version is still being tested and launch will happen no earlier than 2015.
I even told him that if the facelift is coming, I will do a pre-boooking on this weekend for the facelift. However he is sticking to his "No Facelift" statement and mentions that all cosmetic changes in the facelift can be later fitted even in current ones.

Also on a second thought, I feel that one should now peacefully go fo current already tested for 2 years, model with almost all niggles sorted out, rather than becoming a test user for any new additions.

Thanks,
Amit
This is unfortunate. 2015 is far away and i dont think this strategy is going to do any good for TATA. When we say facelift, are we just referring to cosmetic changes or the same ARIA with a the more powerful engine showcased in the Geneva Auto show. Even if it is a 6 speed manual with the more powerful engine, i think TATA would have a winner in their hands.
Shiwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2013, 17:32   #899
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 57
Thanked: 41 Times
Default Re: Tata Aria : Test Drive & Review

I am planning to test drive the ARIA tomorrow. As part of December offer , there is close to 1lakh cash discount, 30K exchange bonus for pleasure models. I believe on top, they are offering loyalty bonus for existing customers.

Like to enquire with the current owners about the performance/niggles for 2013 makes. ACM's and other few long term ownership reviews are kind of a mental block right now
sajanjohn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2013, 18:57   #900
Senior - BHPian
 
scopriobharath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3,532
Thanked: 1,151 Times
Default Re: Tata Aria : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajanjohn View Post
I am planning to test drive the ARIA tomorrow. As part of December offer , there is close to 1lakh cash discount, 30K exchange bonus for pleasure models. I believe on top, they are offering loyalty bonus for existing customers.

Like to enquire with the current owners about the performance/niggles for 2013 makes. ACM's and other few long term ownership reviews are kind of a mental block right now
Dear John - I would suggest you to steer clear away from Aria. There are unsold 2012 Arias still lying in the open at dealership yards.

It is double whammy - Tata is not reliable and the customer care is equally imcompetent (stories from fellow BHPians). Stories of spares not easily being available are very common on ownership reviews. I do not claim XUV is bulletproof, but at least the company is making every effort to address any niggle to the customer's satisfaction and also going ahead with replacing things under warranty.

I see far many XUV5OOs on the road than Aria, for that matter even Prados even though we can buy 4 arias at the cost of a Prado.

Do consider Innova or XUV5OO and buy peace of mind.

Last edited by scopriobharath : 23rd December 2013 at 18:59.
scopriobharath is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tata Aria 4x2 : Test Drive & Review Stratos Official New Car Reviews 162 2nd January 2016 15:25
Tata Aria Exterior Grilled: DeINDICAization of the Aria bravo82in Modifications & Accessories 27 26th October 2013 18:33
I spotted a Left Hand Drive Tata Aria iSpoke The Indian Car Scene 11 7th March 2012 14:25


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:32.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks