Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2014, 14:41   #1021
BHPian
 
Tornado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 96
Thanked: 28 Times
Default Re: Tata Aria : Test Drive & Review

BHPians..

I am in market for hunting a new vehicle to replace my Optra Magnum.
I also had also owned Innova, Scorpio (CRDe 2.6), Indigo, Ford Ikon (1.6) , Palio (1.9 & Multijet) etc before.

I took the TD of Duster, Terrano, XUV etc and today the TD of ARIA Pure Lx.

I can say that Aria's ride on broken road was excellent compared to XUV.

I was feeling jerky and unsettled when i took the XUV over the broken roads with 4 more heavy built passengers. But Aria gave me a car like ride with 2 other passengers just as the Duster and Innova gave.

In pick up, Aria was way ahead of Innova. Being an enthusiastic driver with a diesel rocket Optra Magnum in hand, I would say that Aria does not disappoint in the pickup.
I took Aria to an inclined place, stopped it and then took it again and i would say it did better than XUV when i moved the gear from 1st to 2nd. I think the lag is bit less in Aria.

Though I kept Aria away from my short list till yesterday, I now feel Aria is better.
Even though I tried the base version Aria, the quality of plastic was better than Duster and XUV.

I advise anyone to take a test ride of new Aria and then compare it with XUV and come up with suggestions and feedback.

I am still considering XUV due to its popularity among the common man but I usually get tempted to go for what my heart likes rather than go for what brain likes. But I think here both brain and heart can be applied on Aria .

( I bought Optra Magnum in 2012 when there were rapid, WV Vento, Fluidic Verna etc in the market and now I know that just being 'good product' alone will not sell)

Can anyone here comment on New Aria Vs new XUV?

Last edited by Tornado : 29th October 2014 at 14:49. Reason: points and spelling
Tornado is offline   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2014, 15:31   #1022
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
So this 1 lakh discount is only on the Pure LX variant or all variants?
The 1 lakh rupee discount is across all variants (n the on-road pricing) of Tata Aria.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
BHPians..

I am in market for hunting a new vehicle to replace my Optra Magnum.
I also had also owned Innova, Scorpio (CRDe 2.6), Indigo, Ford Ikon (1.6) , Palio (1.9 & Multijet) etc before.

I took the TD of Duster, Terrano, XUV etc and today the TD of ARIA Pure Lx.

I can say that Aria's ride on broken road was excellent compared to XUV.

I was feeling jerky and unsettled when i took the XUV over the broken roads with 4 more heavy built passengers. But Aria gave me a car like ride with 2 other passengers just as the Duster and Innova gave.

In pick up, Aria was way ahead of Innova. Being an enthusiastic driver with a diesel rocket Optra Magnum in hand, I would say that Aria does not disappoint in the pickup.
I took Aria to an inclined place, stopped it and then took it again and i would say it did better than XUV when i moved the gear from 1st to 2nd. I think the lag is bit less in Aria.

Though I kept Aria away from my short list till yesterday, I now feel Aria is better.
Even though I tried the base version Aria, the quality of plastic was better than Duster and XUV.

I advise anyone to take a test ride of new Aria and then compare it with XUV and come up with suggestions and feedback.

I am still considering XUV due to its popularity among the common man but I usually get tempted to go for what my heart likes rather than go for what brain likes. But I think here both brain and heart can be applied on Aria .

( I bought Optra Magnum in 2012 when there were rapid, WV Vento, Fluidic Verna etc in the market and now I know that just being 'good product' alone will not sell)

Can anyone here comment on New Aria Vs new XUV?
My inputs as on 29/10/2014: I am also in two minds to either go for Aria or Nissan Evalia or simply accept the reality and settle down to an Ertiga. Where to put my hard earned money - my earlier experience with my Opel Corsa Sail 1.4 was great in terms of quality, however, when Opel (now GM) decided to ditch it, I was cornered. However a few months back I sold it for a decent sum (I should say) after making around 42000 Kms.

I did a test drive of the Aria 2014 Pride Variant and came away very impressed. The drive quality was way above Innova, the on-the-fly switch between 4X2 and 4X4 was amazing. Given the current situation of roads in Bangalore, and the area where I tried was actually made-for testing the Aria. Aria Pure LX 2014 version should be a VFM proposition here, however, I feel it should have come with ABS and Airbags atleast, added with a simple good quality 1 Din Music system with MP3. The ride quality was awesome and clutch was way easy to handle (compared to Aria 2013 version) and the gears also had a precise movement with just the right proportion of throws. Ofcourse the AC was efficient and the road presence commendable.

The ride quality of XUV was plain jane and I felt the last row to be very claustrophobic. Its just not enough if the driver is pampered with a lot of gizmos. I also test drove the new Scorprio 2014 and to simply put it, I just go back to the ride quality of the Aria. In the Scorpio the NVH was comparatively higher, the Voice commands were not working, the door just hit out at your elbow and there is no way you can access the map pockets, etc on the door in closed position!

The Evalia on the other hand offers very comfortable driving, mileage, etc, NVH not so commendable, there were squeaking noises from the body panel prompting me to stop the test drive vehicle to check if the read left door was closed!

As there are very little choices in the category of Aria, difficult to accept something like Ertiga or will I be forced to follow my mind and not by heart and go for the Ertiga! is creeping in

Last edited by Aditya : 13th November 2014 at 12:39. Reason: Merging back to back posts
GeePee is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2014, 17:26   #1023
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Vijayawada
Posts: 329
Thanked: 589 Times
Default Re: Tata Aria : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
BHPians..



Can anyone here comment on New Aria Vs new XUV?
If you are looking to keep the car for next 3-4 years I would suggest you go for the ARIA. The similarities with your optra magnum ownership may not repeat with ARIA except in case of resale value which we cannot predict. My belief is that TML will not ditch ARIA otherwise we would not have seen a continuous improvement in the product and also repositioning in terms of features and pricing. This same product is being marketed quite aggressively in Indonesia and South Africa. Also they have got a contract to supply around 2000 ARIA Pride models to SVL tours in this financial year. In fact I am looking forward to the restyled ARIA which will be launched with a more aggressive style in 2016 Auto Expo as some members who went to the TML plant commented earlier. Now the best part is this same engine will be launched in the new Storme so parts should not be a problem.

Last edited by moralfibre : 5th November 2014 at 12:08. Reason: Trimming quoted post.
damodar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2014, 14:34   #1024
BHPian
 
rajismine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 514
Thanked: 247 Times
Default Re: Tata Aria : Test Drive & Review

Not sure if this is already covered, but posting since I could not find this mentioned:

Tata Aria A-Tronic (Automatic Transmission) with more powerful engine debuts in Indonesia
http://indianautosblog.com/2014/09/t...-tronic-148162

http://indianautosblog.com/wp-conten...s-1024x682.jpg

156 PS @ 4000 RPM with a 2.2L HIJET Engine

Mods: If i am only reposting this, please delete my post. I was searching the net to confirm if the Refreshed ARIA 150Bhp also has the G76 II gearbox or an upgraded one and stumbled upon this information

regards
Rajeev
rajismine is offline   (8) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2015, 15:23   #1025
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 116
Thanked: 164 Times
Default Re: Tata Aria : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by LobsterB View Post
Normally around 10-11k. But now I do the service every 10000kms.
For the 70k kms of my Aria so far I have spent close to 90k for maintenance including brake pad replacements and clutch overhaul.
BTW, had DMF, AC compressor and water pump replaced under warranty in the last quarter (also did 9k kms in that quarter).
I have a Tata Aria Prestige 4X4, October 2011 make with 90k on the odo. But haven't done any clutch or brake overhaul. I found yours a little early, don't you think?
akhil994 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2015, 14:54   #1026
BHPian
 
LobsterB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 104
Thanked: 56 Times
Default Re: Tata Aria : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post
I have a Tata Aria Prestige 4X4, October 2011 make with 90k on the odo. But haven't done any clutch or brake overhaul. I found yours a little early, don't you think?
Clutch was changed along with DMF, primary reason to visit concord service was an infrequent sound that I thought might be DMF issue. Since DMF was being replaced under warranty, I asked them to do clutch overhaul as well (at my expense).
My vehicle is currently at 92.5k and the brakepads sets were replaced twice. 90k with original brakepads is great, I would say it speaks volumes about the way it is being driven as well.
Btw, my vehicle is currently at concord for service, the timing chain is also being replaced as by next service I might go beyond the recommended 1L mark for the same.

Last edited by LobsterB : 9th February 2015 at 14:58.
LobsterB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2015, 16:20   #1027
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 116
Thanked: 164 Times
Default Re: Tata Aria : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by LobsterB View Post
Clutch was changed along with DMF, primary reason to visit concord service was an infrequent sound that I thought might be DMF issue. Since DMF was being replaced under warranty, I asked them to do clutch overhaul as well (at my expense).
My vehicle is currently at 92.5k and the brakepads sets were replaced twice. 90k with original brakepads is great, I would say it speaks volumes about the way it is being driven as well.
Btw, my vehicle is currently at concord for service, the timing chain is also being replaced as by next service I might go beyond the recommended 1L mark for the same.
What average are you getting? Mine is getting around 13.2 in regular city drives. Varies from 12.5-13.2
akhil994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2015, 10:07   #1028
BHPian
 
LobsterB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 104
Thanked: 56 Times
Default Re: Tata Aria : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post
What average are you getting? Mine is getting around 13.2 in regular city drives. Varies from 12.5-13.2
I get around 10 kmpl for city and 14 or so for long drives. Majority of my regular city drive is in the CBD with lots of traffic. Btw both is with full-time ACC.
LobsterB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2015, 20:27   #1029
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Delhi,Allahabad
Posts: 276
Thanked: 200 Times
Default Re: Tata Aria : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by LobsterB View Post
I get around 10 kmpl for city and 14 or so for long drives. Majority of my regular city drive is in the CBD with lots of traffic. Btw both is with full-time ACC.
That seems more like what I get on my Pure. 10.5 in city running (Allahabad) and about 13+ when I drove down from Delhi. I used to get about 11.5-12.5 in Delhi city driving (all with AC)
lifebuoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2015, 00:28   #1030
Distinguished - BHPian
 
smartcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,256
Thanked: 4,875 Times
Default Re: Tata Aria : Test Drive & Review

Am I right in assuming that only "PRIDE" variant of Aria had (has) serious issues? I'm basing this assumption purely on ownership threads on Team-BHP and also mini-reviews /posts of owners on this thread.

- Has anybody come across bad examples of 2WD Aria and Pleasure/Prestige 4x4 variants?

- Pride is loaded to the gills with electronics - this probably has something to do with its poor reliability?

Used Arias are available now at mouth-watering prices. There is Prestige 4WD on sale in Carwale with 120,000 kms on the clock. There are many 60 - 90,000 kms mileage cars. Surely, unreliable cars will not rack up such high mileages.

Doesn't this mean the reliability issues are a bit overblown? I have a feeling that buying a SINGLE owner (implies decent reliability) non-Pride variants can turn out to be bargain of the century.

Last edited by smartcat : 22nd February 2015 at 00:30.
smartcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2015, 17:43   #1031
BHPian
 
vinodv001's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 84
Thanked: 96 Times
Default Re: Tata Aria : Test Drive & Review

yesterday I happened to Visit Tata motor showroom and was told that there in 3.5 lakh discount on Aria Pride; ie. 15 lakhs on road in Trivandrum.

I am tempted on hearing this pricing. Any suggestion from experts ?
vinodv001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2015, 18:03   #1032
Senior - BHPian
 
narayan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: chennai
Posts: 2,588
Thanked: 801 Times
Default Re: Tata Aria : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodv001 View Post
yesterday I happened to Visit Tata motor showroom and was told that there in 3.5 lakh discount on Aria Pride; ie. 15 lakhs on road in Trivandrum.

I am tempted on hearing this pricing. Any suggestion from experts ?
If its a 2015 vehicle, i think its a great deal. Go for it.
narayan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2015, 12:23   #1033
BHPian
 
vinodv001's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 84
Thanked: 96 Times
Default Re: Tata Aria : Test Drive & Review

Its 2014 make 150BHP Model.

I checked with another dealer in kerala, they are offering only 50K + 50K cash and exchange offer.

Things are more confusing now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
If its a 2015 vehicle, i think its a great deal. Go for it.
vinodv001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2015, 15:37   #1034
BHPian
 
saurabh2711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune, Bhopal, Indore
Posts: 128
Thanked: 60 Times
Default Re: Tata Aria : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodv001 View Post
yesterday I happened to Visit Tata motor showroom and was told that there in 3.5 lakh discount on Aria Pride; ie. 15 lakhs on road in Trivandrum.

I am tempted on hearing this pricing. Any suggestion from experts ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodv001 View Post
Its 2014 make 150BHP Model.

I checked with another dealer in kerala, they are offering only 50K + 50K cash and exchange offer.

Things are more confusing now.
Hi Vinod, What is the final outcome of your findings? What is te best discount you have recieved from the dealer.

Hi All,
Have been waiting for over two months in anticipation of a the facelift Storme released (or : To be released) this month having front facing third row, have given up hope after valueble information shared by fellow BHPIans.
We are finally moving ahead to book Aria these weekend.
Though we are looking Pleasure (Having ABS), but due to price constraint might end up booking Pure, handy on pocket & was the one we had test driven. It suffices our requirements.
I want to know, if someone has booked Aria recently, what is the best discount that can be availed on this Vehicle. Have heard (not sure of the authenticity) that can avail upto 1lac to 1.5 lacs as discout on Aria. Plus the above posts from Vinodv as added the fuel. .

Is this correct?
I have openly asked the Sales executive if he has any 2014 model in his yard. Has not commited anything yet though, wants us to come up to showroom & has said we can discuss these points while booking. However has said about 50 thousand plus some Corporate discount (guess is 15K, that i got on my Safari)

My question is : If not, what could be the best discount we can hope for & bargain upto in both the cases (2015 model & 2014 model if available).
I am never ever thinking anything of resale value, i want a cheaper alternative straight away.


Thanks,
Saurabh.

Last edited by saurabh2711 : 7th May 2015 at 15:42.
saurabh2711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2015, 23:02   #1035
Distinguished - BHPian
 
condor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Speed-brkr City
Posts: 9,828
Thanked: 2,940 Times
Default Re: Tata Aria : Test Drive & Review

Another Aria goes on sale .. after 1.25L km in 5 years.

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...ata/Aria.html/

Someone said this is not good ..
condor is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tata Aria 4x2 : Test Drive & Review Stratos Official New Car Reviews 162 2nd January 2016 15:25
Tata Aria Exterior Grilled: DeINDICAization of the Aria bravo82in Modifications & Accessories 27 26th October 2013 18:33
I spotted a Left Hand Drive Tata Aria iSpoke The Indian Car Scene 11 7th March 2012 14:25


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:25.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks