Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2015, 08:43   #1036
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 831
Thanked: 201 Times
Default Re: Tata Aria : Test Drive & Review

Am unable to find pictures of the Pure Lx. Can anyone post some interior pics, esp the roof without the boxes, dashboard, driver and passenger arm rest, etc. does the Pure Lx come pre wired for fog lamps, music system and auxiliary sockets in 2nd and 3rd row? Does it make sense to shell out an additional 3.5 lakhs for the pleasure version? Just for ABS, Airbags and music system. Also how would the Pure Lx compare with the refreshed Storme Lx? Again Storme Ex would have been the ideal but is 14.63 lakhs. Please direct me to ownership reviews if you find any.
wildsdi5530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2015, 11:20   #1037
BHPian
 
Jo-G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 70
Thanked: 37 Times
Default Re: Tata Aria : Test Drive & Review

Getting to hear off late that the Aria will be replaced with Hexa. At least that is how the media is reporting after getting a preview of Hexa concept at the Geneva Motor Show. If that is true, then Aria would finally renounce the MUV tag and attain the SUV tag.

Last edited by Jo-G : 24th May 2015 at 11:26.
Jo-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2015, 19:17   #1038
rkg
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: bangalore
Posts: 973
Thanked: 431 Times
Default Re: Tata Aria : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Am unable to find pictures of the Pure Lx. Can anyone post some interior pics, esp the roof without the boxes, dashboard, driver and passenger arm rest, etc. does the Pure Lx come pre wired for fog lamps, music system and auxiliary sockets in 2nd and 3rd row? Does it make sense to shell out an additional 3.5 lakhs for the pleasure version? Just for ABS, Airbags and music system. Also how would the Pure Lx compare with the refreshed Storme Lx? Again Storme Ex would have been the ideal but is 14.63 lakhs. Please direct me to ownership reviews if you find any.
I own a ARIA Pure LX for the past one year. It has done 23K sofar
1.Pure LX does not have driver and passenger arm rests
2. It comes pre wired for Audio, speakers, radio antenna, fog lamps( front), rear fogs already present and also for rear wiper
3. It has two 12V sockets one at front and another at middle row. There is a dummy in the boot and i think one can easily add another 12v there easily. I think it must be pre wired like speakers , audio etc
4. Pure Lx makes better sense than strome LX. I was in the same dilemma last year. But at that time strome was having audio, side foot steps and ABS. Now it has none of them.
5. ARIA has third row front facing seats + second and third row AC which is very important for me.
6. Ride quality of ARIA is way better than strome.
7. Pure comes with outside temperature sensor also.
8. It has audio warning for low engine oil and two more parameters as per manual in addition to warning lights on the Odometer
9. It comes with inertia switch which is very useful in collision/ accidents. It disables central locking, switches on all the hazard lights and cabin lights in case of collision.
Hope this helps
rkg is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2015, 19:54   #1039
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 831
Thanked: 201 Times
Default Re: Tata Aria : Test Drive & Review

Thanks rkg, my reason for looking at the Storme is because we are 4 adults, 2 children and a Labrador. The lab has grown too big for the boot of my Figo. Is the last row split folding? And have you ever missed ABS?
wildsdi5530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2015, 21:21   #1040
rkg
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: bangalore
Posts: 973
Thanked: 431 Times
Default Re: Tata Aria : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Thanks rkg, my reason for looking at the Storme is because we are 4 adults, 2 children and a Labrador. The lab has grown too big for the boot of my Figo. Is the last row split folding? And have you ever missed ABS?
Third row is also split folding 50:50

It breaks well even at 120. Tested it on Electronic city flyover thrice beofre buying. Can not comment much on ABS , because i have not driven an ABS car for long.

ABS is more useful in slippery conditions like rains etc.

Did Bangalore-Leh-Bangalore in September-October 2014. Total of 8750Km. No problem
rkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2015, 17:10   #1041
BHPian
 
saurabh2711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune, Bhopal, Indore
Posts: 127
Thanked: 60 Times
Default Re: Tata Aria : Test Drive & Review

Hi All,

FInally booked Aria Pride 4x4, White. Scheduled to be delivered in next 7-10 days.

I have a question if the experts can help to please!!

I have received the VIN number of the vehicle. Can you plese help me to decode the manufacturing MONTH. from the article at TBHP home page has helped me to understand that it is 2014 mfg, i need to understand the Month please. Cause my 12th character is "N" & month list on the article ends at "M". I not being used.

So 2014 Mfg is first dent in the deal, but i need to understand the exact month, so that I can show mirror to the dealer .

Here is the VIN I recieved:

MAT6X4X63ERN03XXX (Hidden last thre characters). All "X" are numbers but have hidden them. Not sure if posting entire Chasis number is allowed or not.

The Following website shows the engine as VTT dicor. Can any of the Aria owners (with VariCOr engine) please check their's at this website if the Engine detail pops up as Varicor:

http://www.myvehicledetails.com/?page_id=4.

MY Car’s Info:

Manufactured In: INDIA
Manufactured By: TATA
Model: ARIA
Engine: 2.2 VTT DICOR
Model Year: 2014
Plant: KARNATAKA
Sequential Number: 03XXX


Regards,
Saurabh.

Last edited by saurabh2711 : 2nd June 2015 at 17:14.
saurabh2711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2015, 17:51   #1042
Senior - BHPian
 
gowda79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 1,463
Thanked: 120 Times
Default Re: Tata Aria : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh2711 View Post
Hi All,

FInally booked Aria Pride 4x4, White. Scheduled to be delivered in next 7-10 days.

I have a question if the experts can help to please!!

I have received the VIN number of the vehicle. Can you plese help me to decode the manufacturing MONTH. from the article at TBHP home page has helped me to understand that it is 2014 mfg, i need to understand the Month please. Cause my 12th character is "N" & month list on the article ends at "M". I not being used.

So 2014 Mfg is first dent in the deal, but i need to understand the exact month, so that I can show mirror to the dealer .

Here is the VIN I recieved:

MAT6X4X63ERN03XXX (Hidden last thre characters). All "X" are numbers but have hidden them. Not sure if posting entire Chasis number is allowed or not.

The Following website shows the engine as VTT dicor. Can any of the Aria owners (with VariCOr engine) please check their's at this website if the Engine detail pops up as Varicor:

http://www.myvehicledetails.com/?page_id=4.

MY Car’s Info:

Manufactured In: INDIA
Manufactured By: TATA
Model: ARIA
Engine: 2.2 VTT DICOR
Model Year: 2014
Plant: KARNATAKA
Sequential Number: 03XXX


Regards,
Saurabh.
N - should be november as per new coding for Tata Vehicles only and read the same on other thread.
gowda79 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2016, 13:25   #1043
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 2
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Re: Tata Aria : Test Drive & Review

saurabh2711 - how is your Aria doing?
mmchak@gmail.co is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2016, 13:14   #1044
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 44,165
Thanked: 65,397 Times
Default Re: Tata Aria : Test Drive & Review

I have a bone to pick with Tata for killing the Aria with its launch price. Used one last night (Uber). What a fantastic MPV, completely & totally murdered by its maker.

Good space, nice interiors, superb seats & balanced road manners. Experienced the Aria after a long time and enjoyed the drive.

Tata Aria : Test Drive & Review-20160918-22.54.43.jpg
GTO is offline   (23) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2016, 14:02   #1045
Distinguished - BHPian
 
condor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Speed-brkr City
Posts: 9,824
Thanked: 2,938 Times
Default Re: Tata Aria : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
I have a bone to pick with Tata for killing the Aria with its launch price. Used one last night (Uber). What a fantastic MPV, completely & totally murdered by its maker.

Good space, nice interiors, superb seats & balanced road manners.
Could not complain about the vehicle at all ! Have driven it on one trip, and we threw it around the corners in the hills - It just gobbled up anything we gave it, yet not making us feel uncomfortable at any time.

It was the pricing
condor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2016, 14:51   #1046
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: chennai
Posts: 732
Thanked: 238 Times
Default Re: Tata Aria : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I have a bone to pick with Tata for killing the Aria with its launch price. Used one last night (Uber). What a fantastic MPV, completely & totally murdered by its maker.

Attachment 1556067
Did you check the odo reading?
tifosikrishna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2016, 17:39   #1047
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: PNQ - PUNE
Posts: 133
Thanked: 32 Times
Default Re: Tata Aria : Test Drive & Review

I will vouch for Aria being a great car. Our Aria Pride completes 6 years in November. The only disappointing thing about the vehicle is the after sales. To share an experience:- There has been a problem with the alignment ever since I had purchased the vehicle but the people at Pandit Auto kept saying that there was none. Finally after completing 55000 to 60000 they started pointing out a some or the other defect with the suspension system and I have till date spent close to 60k to 70k on suspension jobs that included replacement of "uperlink and lowerlink" and twice they have replaced the Front and rear forks. I guess thats what they called it and they very conveniently timed it with the end of suspension warranty @ 50k KMS apart from that all our issues have been addressed both within warranty and outside warranty period. It takes them 2 to 3 months at times but we get there. The car is easy on pocket when it comes to regular servicing so much so that I have to pay more for the SX4 Diesel when it goes for regular servicing.

My opinion is that they did not have enough sales so instead of improving their after sales they have just milked the customers as much as they could. Even if it was a bitter experience for us we are still happy with Aria. It has completed 1.25 Lac Kms and still going great as the comfort and ride the car has to offer is unbeatable. It has done multiple tours within Maharashtra and thrice been driven to Rajasthan. The previous trip to Rajasthan involved some soft desert safari in Jodhpur and happy to tell you that Aria performed well with all the seats occupied.

Goes without saying that I will never buy a Tata Car again. I was in the market for a small car and even though Tiago fit the bill I felt that stretching the budget is better than buying a Tata car again so went and booked a baleno with a new dealer that arranged a petrol sigma within 7 days of booking the car as I was first one in line .

Concord Motors has started expanding their network aggressively in Pune so thats a great news too. Will have to wait and watch how things go as for the last 3 days Aria is in garage for replacement of front bumper. It took them 1 month to arrange for the same (they got one early but it turned out to be broken so had to order another one). But the staff seems better than the ones at Pandit Auto. Fingers crossed.

Last edited by psbali : 19th September 2016 at 17:48. Reason: Typo
psbali is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2016, 07:21   #1048
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Nagpur
Posts: 9
Thanked: 7 Times
Default Re: Tata Aria : Test Drive & Review

I have always had a thing for the Aria. Now that Hexa launch is just around the corner, would it be a bad idea to buy a used Aria? Found one ( Lx) driven 21, 000 kms with yellow plates at a used car dealer. It's from February 2015 and looks like the Odo reading is genuine from the code on the tyres. Haven't taken a test ride yet. The dealer is "very interested" in getting rid of it, willing to pay the individual tax and all and quoting 6.5 lakh. When I started the engine, the AC wasn't working!
I am not able to make up my mind whether to go ahead and consider it seriously looking at the very poor resale that I would be getting, apart from zero snob value and questionable availability of spares. Please opine.
lemans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2016, 11:06   #1049
Senior - BHPian
 
14000rpm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Helsinki
Posts: 1,813
Thanked: 481 Times
Default Re: Tata Aria : Test Drive & Review

bumped into this thread on Jalopnik about an american Company doing tear-down analyses of cars and documenting them.

Interestingly,somebody in US is curious about the Aria. You can see it's stripped Body-in-white.
Question -
1. who is US would be curious about the Aria and its tear down report?
2. why in US? scores of companies do it in India already. Heck I've personally been part of a tear down of a Scania Mining truck. Deep pockets I guess.

http://jalopnik.com/the-fascinating-...d-o-1787205420
14000rpm is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2016, 11:12   #1050
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 291
Thanked: 368 Times
Default Re: Tata Aria : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
bumped into this thread on Jalopnik about an american Company doing tear-down analyses of cars and documenting them.

Interestingly,somebody in US is curious about the Aria. You can see it's stripped Body-in-white.
Question -
1. who is US would be curious about the Aria and its tear down report?
2. why in US? scores of companies do it in India already. Heck I've personally been part of a tear down of a Scania Mining truck. Deep pockets I guess.

http://jalopnik.com/the-fascinating-...d-o-1787205420
I too read that article and found it very interesting that the Aria is worthy of being analysed that way. I found it unlikely that Munro would fund this analysis themselves unless they have more than a few customers willing to purchase the report. The only conclusion that I could come to is that Tata deserves more credit for their engineering and manufacturing expertise than they are given.
Motard_Blr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tata Aria 4x2 : Test Drive & Review Stratos Official New Car Reviews 162 2nd January 2016 15:25
Tata Aria Exterior Grilled: DeINDICAization of the Aria bravo82in Modifications & Accessories 27 26th October 2013 18:33
I spotted a Left Hand Drive Tata Aria iSpoke The Indian Car Scene 11 7th March 2012 14:25


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:34.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks