Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2013, 23:25   #1681
Senior - BHPian
 
djay99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cork, Ireland
Posts: 1,454
Thanked: 482 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Fiat begins testing 2014 Linea in India http://www.autocarindia.com/News/353...-in-india.aspx
djay99 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2013, 15:58   #1682
BHPian
 
TheTeacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Space-Time
Posts: 474
Thanked: 312 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Congrats, Lloyd, and welcome to the T-Jet world!
TheTeacher is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2013, 20:18   #1683
BHPian
 
Arkesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bhubaneswar
Posts: 132
Thanked: 42 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post

Guys,

My T-Jet came to the dealer stockyard last Friday.

You guys rock!!! Welcome me to the exclusive T-Jet owners club in India.

Thanks.
Congratulations for your jet.
Good to see so many jets line up.
Arkesh is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2013, 01:53   #1684
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 40
Thanked: 12 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

I am seriously considering TJet as my next car, though I am yet to test drive it. I read many of the TJet ownership reviews and have a fair idea what TJet is all about. I need decent low end torque, power across the mid range coupled with good ride & handling and must run on petrol. Most of my driving would be within city limits and an occasional highway trip. To be honest, a hatchback suffices my purpose, as I don't need the boot. For the past couple of years I was keen on Punto 90HP, but for some reason could not make up my mind as it was a diesel. A Punto TJet would have been ideal, however that doesn't seem to happen soon. I have ruled out Polo TSI as its an AT. I'll probably need you guys help on the buying process as I've heard a lot of negative experiences on that front. Anyway, let me test drive and will take it from there. Any references from Vecto Motors for a TD?
Weathered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2013, 11:49   #1685
Senior - BHPian
 
djay99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cork, Ireland
Posts: 1,454
Thanked: 482 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weathered View Post
Any references from Vecto Motors for a TD?
Talk to Madhusudan from Vecto. His number is 9845189219.
You can get a cool 1L off if you book today.
djay99 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2013, 15:03   #1686
BHPian
 
nareshov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 268
Thanked: 163 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshov View Post
...
I'm expecting a much better fuel consumption figure this time (will post when I measure this) and when I have one more day's data for the Ecodrive application, that'll be sufficient data for it to suggest me some tips that'll help improve my "eco:Index".

A data-driven approach (that I hope works out in the long run)!
I've been able to collect enough data over the past few weeks and had the ecoDrive app analyse it today. The kind of information this infers out of the data that's collected could help one improve now.

The trend over the weeks show that the driving pattern is pretty much unchanging:

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-screen-shot-20130818-2.54.52-pm.png

Attaching a few screenshots of one of the 'problem areas': deceleration.

Name:  Screen Shot 20130818 at 2.46.01 PM.png
Views: 2279
Size:  49.6 KB

A bit of an explanation of the problem:

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-screen-shot-20130818-2.46.14-pm.png

An example of how one has faired on a particular day:

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-screen-shot-20130818-2.46.30-pm.png

And how one can solve this:

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-screen-shot-20130818-2.46.40-pm.png


I'm hoping this'd be helpful for those who are apprehensive about improving their fuel economy (if you're one of those TJet owners who never get the kind of economy some seem to get!).

(Also, I think I did the right thing by not swapping out the blue&me connected HU that could've made all of this impossible(?))
nareshov is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2013, 11:15   #1687
Senior - BHPian
 
puchoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Delhi / Shimla
Posts: 1,427
Thanked: 748 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Many Many congratulations and look forward to reading more on the car very soon!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
Guys,

My T-Jet came to the dealer stockyard last Friday and completed my PDI on the same day. I had the following observations and asked them to fix it.
puchoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2013, 14:27   #1688
BHPian
 
TheTeacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Space-Time
Posts: 474
Thanked: 312 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshov View Post
I've been able to collect enough data over the past few weeks and had the ecoDrive app analyse it today.
Naresh, what version of the Blue & ME is required to make this work?

Just installed Ecodrive on my PC. What country and car do I select? I have a 2013 T-Jet Emotion.

TIA.

Last edited by TheTeacher : 19th August 2013 at 14:35.
TheTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2013, 14:38   #1689
Senior - BHPian
 
sandeepmohan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,831
Thanked: 1,401 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weathered View Post
I have ruled out Polo TSI as its an AT. I'll probably need you guys help on the buying process as I've heard a lot of negative experiences on that front
You are making a big mistake ruling out the VW GT. If a fast, easy to drive hatch is what you really want, nothing beats the GT. Once you drive the GT, you are never going to be looking at a manual tranny again.
sandeepmohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2013, 18:32   #1690
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 40
Thanked: 12 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Talk to Madhusudan from Vecto. His number is 9845189219.
You can get a cool 1L off if you book today.
.. and I did get it! Thanks for the heads up on Madhusudhan . I test drove the car yesterday afternoon and was impressed with the power delivery, ride & dynamics, leaving aside a few quirks. Booked the Dynamic variant in Black colour. Black isn't readily available in their yard, so he asked me to double confirm in a couple of days. Wife & parents are persuading me to choose Wine colour instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
You are making a big mistake ruling out the VW GT. If a fast, easy to drive hatch is what you really want, nothing beats the GT. Once you drive the GT, you are never going to be looking at a manual tranny again.
I agree with you. However, I'm retaining my Zen for city duties. Its my wife's decision to opt for a sedan as she wants it to be an 'upgrade' from Zen. That leaves me no choice but to look at least for a fun to drive sedan and TJet seems to fit the bill.
Weathered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2013, 19:15   #1691
Senior - BHPian
 
djay99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cork, Ireland
Posts: 1,454
Thanked: 482 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weathered View Post
.. and I did get it! Thanks for the heads up on Madhusudhan . I test drove the car yesterday afternoon and was impressed with the power delivery, ride & dynamics, leaving aside a few quirks. Booked the Dynamic variant in Black colour. Black isn't readily available in their yard, so he asked me to double confirm in a couple of days. Wife & parents are persuading me to choose Wine colour instead.
You're welcome. Got to know from Madhusudhan that you booked. I hope you are Vinay.
Had been to the showroom in the evening to book but there was no one. On calling Madhusudhan, he came back. Nice guy i must say. I see a huge improvement in customer service by Fiat.

I am still confused between Linea and Ecosport AT. Mind says Ecosport and heart says Linea. Too much confused

Why don't you go for Emotion? Its worth additional 40K as you are getting leather seats, 16" alloys and 205 wide tyres. IMO these two stuff are worth over 40K.
djay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2013, 19:59   #1692
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 40
Thanked: 12 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
You're welcome. Got to know from Madhusudhan that you booked. I hope you are Vinay.
Had been to the showroom in the evening to book but there was no one. On calling Madhusudhan, he came back. Nice guy i must say. I see a huge improvement in customer service by Fiat.

I am still confused between Linea and Ecosport AT. Mind says Ecosport and heart says Linea. Too much confused

Why don't you go for Emotion? Its worth additional 40K as you are getting leather seats, 16" alloys and 205 wide tyres. IMO these two stuff are worth over 40K.
Varun, actually .. and yeah, he's a nice guy. He was attending a few others when I reached there with my brother. Once all of them left, it was only 3 of us. In a way good, as we spent quite some time on the test drive and later in the showroom discussing uninterrupted! I was there until about 5 pm or so.

I chose not to go for Emotion as I feel 15" profile would have a slightly better ride quality at city speeds, especially on broken roads. Plus the reduction in ground clearance to 185 mm, though not much. 190 mm is overkill for that car considering the well tuned suspension. I'm also used to having wooden beads on the seat for comfort and planning to get a pair for this car as well. So that would probably defeat the purpose of leather seats. Finally, I just didn't like those chrome mouldings all around the car in Emotion variant. In fact, I would have been happier if the door handles were just body coloured like in Active version!
Weathered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2013, 20:32   #1693
BHPian
 
Biraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NCR
Posts: 545
Thanked: 957 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weathered View Post
I chose not to go for Emotion as I feel 15" profile would have a slightly better ride quality at city speeds, especially on broken roads. Plus the reduction in ground clearance to 185 mm, though not much. 190 mm is overkill for that car considering the well tuned suspension.
+1. Even I feel that 15" shall be the more appropriate size (especially with 2013 suspension). I was contemplating changing the 16" wheels on my T-jet+ to 15" but decided against it purely due to aesthetic reasons. Moreover, I would have lost 5 mm on 170 mm GC.

Congratulations on booking the T-jet. Wish you many miles with smiles in your T-jet. For me, a long drive in the T-jet is the best way to de-stress. Tuscan wine is a beautiful shade and looks almost like black in the dark. So, both you and family will be happy.
Biraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2013, 22:48   #1694
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 40
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraj View Post
Congratulations on booking the T-jet. Wish you many miles with smiles in your T-jet. For me, a long drive in the T-jet is the best way to de-stress. Tuscan wine is a beautiful shade and looks almost like black in the dark. So, both you and family will be happy.
Thanks! I agree tuscan wine looks beautiful on Linea. I prefer Black as it feels much more classy. However, both are equally tough to maintain I guess.
Weathered is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2013, 23:07   #1695
BHPian
 
maverick145's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Raipur
Posts: 136
Thanked: 10 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

I will be booking my Minimal Grey Tjet tomorrow. I got a very special deal as the dealer is a friend. Looking forward to the good times. Please let me know if there is anything that I should take care of.

By the way, can anybody suggest where to get 3D Kagu Maxpider mats for the 2013 TJET? I tried contacting Hot Tracks Bangalore but they said they do not have the mats for the 2013 model.

I do not want to ruin the stock mats in this monsoon.
maverick145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Terrestrial Fighter Jet : Fiat Linea T-Jet+. EDIT: 3 years, 4th Service completed KarthikK Long-Term Ownership Reviews 220 8th April 2015 00:19
Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up) Sathya_sc Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 225 4th August 2014 20:29
Fuelled FIRE into my (T)JET - The Fiat Linea T-Jet bnzjon Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 123 12th May 2013 00:16


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:23.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks