Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2014, 20:29   #2386
Senior - BHPian
 
khoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dilli
Posts: 2,722
Thanked: 1,248 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

xaero, you may want to have your car checked. I too have the TJet+ from that era and have never faced a lack of power upon switching on the AC neither at startup nor if switched on while in lower gears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xaero View Post
Yes buddy, there is a significant lack of power in lower gears and the car seems to be trying to pull hard when AC is on ... I have the Linea T-Jet 2011 model.
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2014, 22:32   #2387
Distinguished - BHPian
 
nkrishnap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,367
Thanked: 3,799 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
40k voucher + 30k insurance + 30k loyalty/exchange.
I believe there is a catch to this. The offer is available only for cars that are already in stock with the dealers and not for the ones invoiced from the factory.
nkrishnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2014, 10:14   #2388
BHPian
 
xaero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Noida
Posts: 80
Thanked: 30 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
xaero, you may want to have your car checked. I too have the TJet+ from that era and have never faced a lack of power upon switching on the AC neither at startup nor if switched on while in lower gears.
Hi Khoj, thanks for the reply, I mean, not a significant loss as in the hatchbacks , but I do feel a difference in a non-AC running T-Jet+ vs a AC Running T-Jet+.
Khoj, do you have any performance upgrades fitted ? And Which engine oil are you running the car on? Just to be sure, everything is matching in mine and yours car.
xaero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2014, 11:41   #2389
Senior - BHPian
 
khoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dilli
Posts: 2,722
Thanked: 1,248 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Mine is a stock vehicle, lubricated with OEM specified and issued Selenia K. The only change I have made thus far is changing the OE tires with Bridgestone Turanza GR90, this was done right out of the showroom. The car does carry an additional load of an amplifier and a subwoofer in a MDF enclosure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xaero View Post
Hi Khoj, thanks for the reply, I mean, not a significant loss as in the hatchbacks , but I do feel a difference in a non-AC running T-Jet+ vs a AC Running T-Jet+.
Khoj, do you have any performance upgrades fitted ? And Which engine oil are you running the car on? Just to be sure, everything is matching in mine and yours car.
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2014, 12:00   #2390
BHPian
 
xaero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Noida
Posts: 80
Thanked: 30 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Mine is a stock vehicle, lubricated with OEM specified and issued Selenia K. The only change I have made thus far is changing the OE tires with Bridgestone Turanza GR90, this was done right out of the showroom. The car does carry an additional load of an amplifier and a subwoofer in a MDF enclosure.
Thanks a lot for the detailed update
But, Please do notice and observe there is a slight lag, and if you don't feel it please try to accelerate first with AC on and then second burst with AC off. I am sure you would feel it too.
xaero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2014, 12:22   #2391
BHPian
 
adrena's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 71
Thanked: 89 Times
Default

Lack of power with AC on a TJet? Nah... Never heard of that. Never felt that. Tried after reading these posts and can confirm that I'm not feeling any. Mine is a July 2012 model that had run 20k and properly serviced. Will try again of you guys want me to and this time I'll try to time it to 100.
adrena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2014, 19:50   #2392
BHPian
 
TheTeacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Space-Time
Posts: 477
Thanked: 314 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
City driving is giving me 7.6kmpl
It's what I've been getting in the city in Bangalore for the past year since I bought my T-Jet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xaero View Post
But, Please do notice and observe there is a slight lag, and if you don't feel it please try to accelerate first with AC on and then second burst with AC off. I am sure you would feel it too.
I have a June 2013 T-Jet and feel no difference in performance whether AC is on or off. No mods, entirely stock except for tyres, dealer serviced, ~ 8700 kms now.
TheTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2014, 19:57   #2393
BHPian
 
deathwalkr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 568
Thanked: 340 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Default Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
It's what I've been getting in the city in Bangalore for the past year since I bought my T-Jet.
Sigh was hoping it would get to 10kmpl at least after initial checkup
deathwalkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2014, 20:21   #2394
BHPian
 
TheTeacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Space-Time
Posts: 477
Thanked: 314 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Much depends on the traffic. This engine absolutely hates to be idled. I have the AC on always in the car, regardless of the weather outside, set to 21 or 22C. I never switch off at signals. I live in an extremely congested city.

I thought something might be wrong with my engine / car, but one outstation strip done at a sedate 90 kmph returned 14.5 kmpl when I had only about 6000 km on the odo. The engine is still settling down, and it is certainly "more powerful" / free-revving now than when it was brand new. I can use second gear for stuff I needed to shift down to first when new. So things will get better once she settles down.
TheTeacher is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2014, 10:12   #2395
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: delhi
Posts: 62
Thanked: 27 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quite surprising to hear it. I believe i have the oldest tjet here, bought in dec 2010. There is absolutely no difference in acceleration with AC on, even in hilly terrain there is no difference. Please get your car checked, there could be something missing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xaero View Post
Thanks a lot for the detailed update
But, Please do notice and observe there is a slight lag, and if you don't feel it please try to accelerate first with AC on and then second burst with AC off. I am sure you would feel it too.
oxymoron is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2014, 11:22   #2396
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: DELHI NCR
Posts: 5
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushal21fb View Post
My suggestion keep the stock head unit and change the speakers. Blue and me is a good feature and you'll lose steering controls.

I got rid of the cheap stock speakers and replaced with Infinity (can't remember the model number but can share later if you want) from Harman Audio. Priced around 9.2 K for front components and rear coaxials. The results are much better with deeper bass and overall clarity. They're fairly loud too.

Hi kaushal21fb, I'm planning to replace the T-Jet's stock speakers with the following:
Infinity - Reference 6500cx - 2-Way Component Speaker (270 W) (pair, front)
Infinity - Reference 6502ix - 6.5 inch 2-Way Coaxial Speaker (180 W) (pair, rear)

Could you confirm the model number you have installed? Thanks
hell4leather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2014, 15:18   #2397
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 56
Thanked: 88 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell4leather View Post
Hi kaushal21fb, I'm planning to replace the T-Jet's stock speakers with the following:
Infinity - Reference 6500cx - 2-Way Component Speaker (270 W) (pair, front)
Infinity - Reference 6502ix - 6.5 inch 2-Way Coaxial Speaker (180 W) (pair, rear)

Could you confirm the model number you have installed? Thanks
Yes! This is what I've got. They're are nice set and way better than stock.
kaushal21fb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2014, 14:23   #2398
BHPian
 
xaero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Noida
Posts: 80
Thanked: 30 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxymoron View Post
Quite surprising to hear it. I believe i have the oldest tjet here, bought in dec 2010. There is absolutely no difference in acceleration with AC on, even in hilly terrain there is no difference. Please get your car checked, there could be something missing.
Dear All,
I thoroughly checked the performance vis a vis the A/C on/off and found that if the gear ratio is proper during deceleration, there is no lag of power with A/C on. And neither during the pull from slow speeds to fast speeds. I stand corrected and sorry for the wrong information, I am thankful it turned out just to be a figment of my imagination.
xaero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2014, 19:17   #2399
BHPian
 
deathwalkr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 568
Thanked: 340 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Default Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

So after a month and 800kms, finally took the jet out of the congested city traffic and onto the roads it deserves over at Tamil Nadu

Crossed Nagercoil and was bliss after i reached the highway heading on to Tuticorin.

In a few minutes it was abundantly clear that the Jet needs highways! I kept double checking if i was really on fifth and not on third. Wish it had an extra gear.

I mean i was at 130kmph on fifth gear, and engine was at 2750 rpm and i was not even flooring it. Sanity prevailed and i cut back to 90kmph. Such a joy to drive.

Mileage in city was 7.5kmpl and this highway run i got 15kmpl!
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2014, 14:56   #2400
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: DELHI NCR
Posts: 5
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

[quote=khoj;3513278]If the car is indeed at the Ranjangaon plant then there is no issue in picking it up. The cash discount is fair value for the outgoing model more so when it has a 2014 manufacturing date.

I went ahead with the booking, thanks for helping me decide.

It took about 3 weeks, but the T-Jet has finally arrived at Fiat Kashyap!

Did a detailed PDI: VIN indicated that make is January 2014; odo read H 16.

Accessory planned: T-Jet illuminated door sills (look really cool in the dark!)

Upgrade to better speakers - with existing HU; & install a rear-view camera.

Do I need to go for 3M paint protection & anti-rust treatment? Please advise.

I am planning to take delivery asap.

Will soon attach some pics of the beauty! Must say the car specially in Oceanic Blue looks awesome.
hell4leather is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Terrestrial Fighter Jet : Fiat Linea T-Jet+. EDIT: 3 years, 4th Service completed KarthikK Long-Term Ownership Reviews 220 8th April 2015 00:19
Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up) Sathya_sc Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 225 4th August 2014 20:29
Fuelled FIRE into my (T)JET - The Fiat Linea T-Jet bnzjon Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 123 12th May 2013 00:16


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 09:23.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks