Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 9th September 2017, 14:32   #3031
BHPian

Default Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkapoor777 View Post
Warranty? If not, ask a Michelin dealer to get it inspected from the company and advise. Difficult to say from the pic.
The tire is out of warranty and is more than 5 years old. If you click on the picture and view it on full size, you should be able to see a tiny crack running circularly all along the tyre just below the tread area.
ece2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2017, 14:44   #3032
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ece2k2 View Post
The tire is out of warranty and is more than 5 years old. If you click on the picture and view it on full size, you should be able to see a tiny crack running circularly all along the tyre just below the tread area.
Yeah did that earlier as well. It's not looking good but I didn't want to jump the gun and say throw it away. An inspection would confirm your doubts and help decision making. Also, 5 years means it's pretty much past its use by date. Look at changing it if possible.
nkapoor777 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2017, 12:18   #3033

Smile Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Cav View Post
Dragula I have something similar to share. I bought a the new Tjet emotion in Nov last year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Agreed - what mind-blowing high speed stability.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Cav View Post
guys I'm picking up from last year for a few more rolling updates on my T-Jet.
Guys I am pleased to state that the my Tjet has now a successor (though I am still retaining her). It is the Abarth Punto. Ever since I test drove her last year the scorpion refused to stop biting. So I had no option but to go ahead and get me one this Dusshera. I am posting the initial pics. Will update whenever I get some time. But one thing is for sure, that is that Abarth is in a different league altogether. I find myself grinning away to Kingdom Come.

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-image1.jpg

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-image2.jpg

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-image4.jpg

Mod Note: Please avoid quoting the entire post when responding

Last edited by ampere : 2nd October 2017 at 13:05. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Air Cav is offline   (10) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2017, 19:46   #3034
BHPian

On a hunch I decided to replace my K&N filter with a stock unit I had lying around. The K&N had barely done 6,000km and looked clean to me but boy what a difference in performance with a new filter. The car feels about 10% faster on acceleration and pulls a lot harder towards the top. The idling is smoother, and in general the engine just feels a lot more refined. I am guessing that the Jet with its horrible air intake is very sensitive to air quality and even more so with remapped one like mine.

Moral of the story is to bench the K&N for now and just replace the stock filter every 6 months and see how that works out.
keroo1099 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote